DaVita Employee Reviews

Featured review
DaVita selected this as a representative review
Fast paced environment,friendly patients and staff.
PCT 3 (Current Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNMarch 24, 2018
Patients are happy to see the same friendly faces daily. They love the continuity. We share our stories of how our weekends went. Talk about all the foods we ate and weren’t suppose to eat. You have an hour time window to evaluate and innitiate treatment of four patients. Then you monitor them for there treatment time and diconnect them when there finished. Clean your work area and set it up for the next four patients. In some clinics you will repeat this process one more time before the end of your shift. It is a stressful high paced job that’s not for everyone but I love it.
Very stressful
Dialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, PAApril 4, 2018
Davita does not like to compensate well in wages or benefits. They expect more and more from us, with no incentive. We're treated like robots/machines vs. a human being. The yearly pay increases are atrocious, with the highest increase being 1.8%. Now they took away our bonus and replaced it with a 401k. I was told the bonuses were supposed to compensate for the low yearly wage increase. For having peoples lives in our hands, we're not very well compensated.
Pros
Good amt of pto
Cons
Swing shift and long hours
Not what it used to be
Inventory Specialist/Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 4, 2018
Davita has changed significantly since I began working there 6 years ago. Most of the management that was there to make it a fun but productive work environment is no longer there. The focus has changed from patient to profit and the fun culture is almost non-existent.
Confusing Mission Statement
Director of Revenue Operations (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXApril 4, 2018
Davita has a very odd culture that is difficult to assimilate. Very poor as far as technology and there is a constant shift in how they want to maintain their business.
Very competetive, leadership positions do not have stabiity
Compliance Director Nevada Market (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 3, 2018
Very competitive, many young college grads hired to replace experienced leaders. There is continual turnover and the departments and employees have no chance to build relationships or trust the national leadership teams.
Pros
Collaborative work teams
Cons
High expectatios, little positive feedback
DaVita/DaVita Rx is not what it use to be
Manager (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXApril 3, 2018
This company use to actually care about teammates and make decisions based on what is the right thing to do...but no more. Upper management is disconnected from the rest of the workforce and only wants "yes men".
Pros
Wonderful co-workers
Cons
Upper management is not trustworthy.
Collaborative and strategic place
Director of Strategy (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 2, 2018
DaVita is a great place to work; people are strategic and driven to perform. However, career advancement is difficult and people can get "stuck" in their role.
Average
Infusion Nurse-Dialysis LVN (Former Employee) –  Kilgore, TXApril 2, 2018
Decent place to work but can be short staffed at times. Management changes frequently and staff not reprimanded when necessary. Patient relationships formed were good.
Great Company!
Licensure & Cert Teammate Development & Audit (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNApril 2, 2018
I absolutely loved this company! The culture was great and teh work was fulfilling. The only reason I left was because there was no growth and the pay for the job wasn't competitive.
Pros
Benefits, Culture, Work Life Balance
Cons
Pay, Advancement
Love my patients and teammates
Group Facility Administrator (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 2, 2018
Love my patients and teammates. However, working 60+ hours a week and is challenging for work/life balance. The position is extremely stressful at this time due to changes in the division/region. Overall, DaVita is a wonderful company. I hate to leave but can not work at this pace any longer.
For me flexability
Administrative Assistant/Patient Care Tech (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIMarch 30, 2018
Great place to work. I worked front office, If i had not retired i would still be working there. I do miss davita and wish i was still there working. the pay was very good.
Pros
flexability
Over all a very good place for employment
Dialysis Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dallas, Tx and Mansfield, Tx.March 30, 2018
No advancement opportunities for LVN in the Peritoneal Dialysis Dept. Loved working with the patients. Staff was great. Drive from Burleson Tx. was long.
Good but not Great
Tier 2 Application Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXMarch 30, 2018
Davita promotes the idea of career advancement, but in reality it is little more than a metric they check in a box each year. Very little is able to be obtained for persons outside of management or developers, in the IT area. The culture is good, so they have that going for them, but if you want to grow your career in IT, outside of writing code or being a manager, look elsewhere.
Management is The Worst People
Patient Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 30, 2018
Management is unqualified individuals that got there by popularity. They lack the skills to actually manage and run a team. They say they want you to improve and grow and that they encourage that, but when people start leaving they force you to stay in that department instead of letting you grow. Little to no raises yearly.
Revenue Cycle Management Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXMarch 29, 2018
Aweome place to work if you want to feel like you are a part of something bigger. Leadership is engaged and concerned with the thoughts and suggestions of their employees.
Not a pleasant place to work.
Paralegal - Operations (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 28, 2018
The culture values youth and inexperience. There is little to no career advancement, no over-time is permitted, and favoritism is the management style. There are far better places to work.
Pros
Flexibility to work remote
Cons
Compensation, career advancement, culture.
Excellent
Externship (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 28, 2018
Comfortable, quiet enviroment but steady work place. You have plenty of time to get to know your patients. Can build a great relationship with staff and patients.
Lots of work; Team work skills required
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAMarch 27, 2018
Lots of work to complete, set to work in groups. Must be outgoing and willing to assist others that may not be pulling their weight. Difficult communication setup with outside resources that one need to work with. Protocols set are not always followed and turnaround expectations are too difficult to meet.
Pros
good learning experience about the industry
Cons
difficult communication with resources when needing information
The physicians and patients are amazing but management does not know what they are doing
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 27, 2018
Management set unrealistic goals to avoid giving bonuses and when HealthCare Partners merged with Davita, the whole company went downhill. Davita hired people with degrees but no experience which caused a lot of chaos and extra work for the employees who had been there for years. To move up in the company you have to know someone. Davita does not treat their staff fairly unless you know one of the higher ups in the corporate office. HR is a joke, if you go to them with a problem they turn it around to put the blame on you and eventually they find a nonsense reason to get rid of you.
Pros
wonderful doctors, co-workers and patients
Cons
management, compensation, benefits were too expensive, unorganized, sometimes hostile environment
Passoinate patient care
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZMarch 27, 2018
Long hours, not always adequately staffed, frequent employee schedule changes. High employee turnover rate. Fast paced but compassionate patient care.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 27, 2018
I enjoy the culture and staff. Management is great. I've learned key skills specific to my job. I would like to see more opportunities for growth and advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DaVita. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.5Fairygodboss Score

83%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.