Daemen College Employee Reviews

Welcoming Work place
Mailroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYSeptember 4, 2018
This place had a friendly atmosphere that always made me feel welcome. The requirements did get a little repetitive and some days were slow, however, I never mind showing up to work. It helped me better my communication skills and enter the workplace. Additionally, it helped me realize the demands of a job and gave me great job experiences.
Pros
Got to work with nice and friendly people
Cons
Didn't have a lot of hours.
Receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 19, 2018
It was a work study job. I answered phones and created student ID cards. I also would direct students/staff to different departments, they inquired about.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
low pay
Senior Advisor to the President (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYMay 8, 2018
Great place to work. Great college and enjoyed working for the President. Opportunity to pursue grants and special initiatives with State and Federal agencies. Outstanding opportunities working with VP for Academic Affairs and other Vice Presidents. All positive experience
Pros
very professional; allowed me to work on special projects that were both complex and rewarding
Daemen College
Mathematics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYApril 24, 2018
It was a good place to work. Everyone is friendly and accommodating. The students are usually pleasant to work with, especially if you have a passion for teaching.
Course required
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYMarch 15, 2018
I was required to take vita as a course and super happy that I did. I gained a lot of excellent knowledge and expierence working with clients and preparing tax returns.
Temporary position
Kinesiology Lab Instructor (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYJanuary 25, 2018
Love being in an academic setting. It forces you to be progressive and to stay up with the latest, to know your stuff and gives you the chance to share clinical knowledge with students.
Great Learning Opportunity
Compliance & Student Athlete Success Intern (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYDecember 20, 2017
Administration is great and is willing to take time to help you learn. Actual responsibilities were given to interns, and opportunities for professional development through presentations, and projects were daily occurrences. The institution is small so it was easy to get to know everyone.
Rated high for colleges in the area
Enrollment Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYDecember 19, 2017
I love the people I work with. Great benefits and health insurance. Free tuition for employees and their family. The campus is small making it easy to navigate and get to know other people in other departments. A sense of family.
manager was the worst!
Enrollment Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 12, 2017
the campus was a great place to work but specific departments are way better than others. Management only cares about making numbers for the next year. spoke out about other employees not working and i was the one punished for it. didnt care about employee hard work and the people that did 5% of work were treated the same as someone who had 5 things on their plate.
Pros
Free education
Cons
horrible managment
Peer counselor position
Peer Counselor (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYNovember 20, 2017
Enjoyed meeting and working with new people. The job was something new for me and helped me gained much knowledge in a different type of work. The job challenged me and helped me improve my communication and interactive skills.
Pros
free lunches/free housing
Cons
n/a
Good work-study options for students
Campus Safety Assistant (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYAugust 23, 2017
This is one of three different work-study jobs I held simultaneously while a full-time student at Daemen College. All of my supervisors were great, since I worked hard and did what I was supposed to do without letting classes interfere. They were also understanding when I had something like a doctor's appointment or needed to change my shift, as long as I gave sufficient notice. As a work-study student, you get all sorts of little perks based on which job you get as long as you work hard and deserve them. I enjoyed my experience working there.
Team work which made the job easier
Grant Administrative Manager (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYAugust 22, 2017
Enjoyed the time I worked there. Everyone worked together and knew most of the job description of others. Learned how to work in a non-profit arena. Culture very different from for-profit
Pros
Very caring place to work
Cons
Salary was low, benefirs good
Great culture
Marketing Professor (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 18, 2017
Excellent - I recommend. Daemen College is a place for a long term career, excellent benefits, corporate culture and values their employees. Excellent Education.
Productive and family oriented
Student Assistant- Information Desk (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYMay 15, 2017
Really enjoyed working in my department. The culture is very family oriented and the staff are very easy to talk to. Working there I was able to strengthen my interpersonal skills.
Pros
Can do work while working from time to time.
Cons
Can be loud during busy times
Daemen College
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYMarch 22, 2017
The job and people are wonderful, benefits are great as well, There is not much room for advancement, and the pay could be better, The best part is the interaction with the current students.
Pros
Time off, Benefits
Cons
Salary
Great group of people to work around
Graduate / Student Assistant - Athletic Operations (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYMarch 20, 2017
The department is very supportive of one another. As a small institution, we are frequently interacting and communicating to complete jobs within the department. Management is great and supportive, and she pushes us to do our very best work.
Friendly Office Environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYFebruary 9, 2017
I worked in three departments/offices, and in each of them I worked on a daily basis with friendly co-workers. Each department works well on its own, though things get a little confused whenever they must work together.
My position was an on-line adjunct pprofessor for the RN- to BSN program.
RN to BSN program (Current Employee) –  Daemen College, Amherst, New YorkDecember 26, 2016
It was an excellent opportunity to work with nursing students. I was their coach, mentor and also was able to evaluate if I wanted them as a prospective employee of The Buffalo General Medical Center.
Fun
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 13, 2016
Best bosses ever. I had a great experience working in the office and working with peers. I was able to work and complete projects in a great environment.
Relaxed and Welcoming
Student Assistant Technician (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYMay 27, 2016
I am a federal work study. Our departments are always fun & inviting. Also, the student and faculty are always willing to helpful.