Daiichi Sankyo Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Best job I ever had
DISTRICT SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 15, 2018
Left because of too much travel once I had children; however, Sankyo was the best job I ever had. Great bosses, great culture, excellent pay and incentives.
Enjoyable
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 1, 2018
Daiichi Sankyo was a fun placed to work. The culture is progressive and opportunities for advancement were present. Overall, I rate working for DS very high.
Contract Strategy Manager (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Basking Ridge, NJJuly 29, 2018
Management needs work. The treatment towards employees needs to be investigated. The CEO is a very personable person. Very nice and interacts with people. Management needs to attend classes on how to treat all races of people.
Going through Change
Associate Manager, Sales Planning Group (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJuly 25, 2018
When I first started working for Daiichi Sankyo, it was a fabulous place to work. The company supported me throughout my career, and I grew and learned so much working there. I also always found that the company did its utmost to do right by its employees. The amount and level of opportunity afforded me at the company was impressive, and it was an honor and privilege to work there.
However, it is a pharmaceutical organization, and the demands of working there are very high. As the organization faced financial concerns due to a shrinking pipeline, those demands grew. Additionally, as change accelerated at the company while financial resources diminished, a number of things that made the company so great were slowly eroding away - including its phenomenal culture.
I believe very strongly that once the company gets back on its feet and steadies out a bit, it can return to be the amazing place that it once was. For the right individuals, willing to take on a challenging environment in high amounts of transition, I think its a great opportunity. If you are looking for job security, now is probably not the best time. Regardless, working at a company that cares about doing the right thing, and cares about its clients and patients so deeply, is truly a wonderful and rewarding thing.
overall great place to work
Senior Analyst, Sales & Market Analytics (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJuly 16, 2018
overall this a great company that offers entrepreneurial opportunities for employees to venture into broader roles and responsibilities. There are inherent challenges here as in any organization but overall a great place to work.
great place to work as Daiichi
Oncology Sales Trainer/Oncology Consultant (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJuly 13, 2018
small company, family oriented, knew everyone in company
team-family approach
climate changed when Sankyo bought out Daiichi and became more of primary care as opposed to oncology
Low morale from top down
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  DC MetroJuly 11, 2018
Began as a small intimate pharma, but management directions and employee morale declined over time. There's been multiple reorganization, as well as few layoffs. Seems to lack overall vision.
Pros
not much travel required
Cons
low morale
Unprofessional and Poor Leadership
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  United StatesJune 29, 2018
DSI used to be a great place to work. In recent years has stuggled with products and has decided to change direction to move towards Oncology. The company is not prepared for this with no clear direction due to poor leadership.
Cons
Poor, unprofessional leadership.
Dying company
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 22, 2018
I wish all the best for DSI. I think they have an anemic pipeline and lack a clear vision for their future. They seem to lean towards pain pains which is why I wanted to leave.
Daiichi Sankyo is a great place to work
Digital Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJune 1, 2018
The resources are excellent at Daiichi Sanky and the people are some of the most intelligent, professional people I've had the honor to work with. This is a global company that manages to create a centralized connection with employees.
Pros
Colleagues were professional, approachable, and highly intelligent
Cons
The business tends to get reorganized a bit too often
N/a
Senior Specialty Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 24, 2018
Tough industry. Worth your time if you handle objections strongly.
Good stepping stone into Pharma. I learned a lot and will continue into daily use.
DSI used to be a great company
Sr. Specialty Sales Representative II (Current Employee) –  New JerseyMay 11, 2018
Many things have changed over the years at DSI and layoffs are now a yearly thing, where all employees have to fear of job loss each and every year. It is not an ideal situation for most.
Great Autonomy
Sales Representative Tier I and II (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 8, 2018
I enjoyed my time with Daiichi Sankyo. They gave me the autonomy to run my own business with my territory. Budgets were high and performance was awarded.
Incredible Experience
Hospital Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLMay 1, 2018
Felt blessed to have landed an opportunity as a Hospital Sales Representative with Daiichi Sankyo. I was able to learn complex disease states, was able to break into the Oncology/Buy & Bill space, and learn how to work institutions to get drugs on formulary. Great people.
Great work environment
Consultant Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyApril 30, 2018
Great work environment. Autonomous work environment. No Micro management, promote self growth and provide needed assistance. Promote fantastic work ethics
Great company with fair base salary and good bonus opportunities
Senior Specialty Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 27, 2018
Monday mornings check doctors prescription data which I used to plan my week. If prescription volume was down made calls to establish why by talking with staff before speaking with doctor. If volume was normal or up visited those offices to make sure they maintained their volume. In either case you always uncover some type of objection that needs to be addressed. Twice monthly my District Mgr. would ride along providing feedback and suggestions on how to improve my attempts to influence the doctor and or staff in prescribing more of our products. Closing skills were always discussed. I most difficult part of the job is developing relationships within the offices, I have found success trying to bring some type of value on each call. I best part of the job is building lasting relationships within each office many times it pays off to do this with the PA or nurse that's closest to the doctor.
Pros
freedom to plan your day
Cons
Managed Care prior-auth.
Challenging environment
Specialty Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Basking Ridge, NJApril 25, 2018
There are challenges in pharmaceutical sales now and this company experienced more than average This industry is risky Job can be good with right company
Ability to push yourself as hard as you want
Senior Sales Specialist - Tier 4 (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 24, 2018
14 years of many products and many management changes. I really enjoyed working for DSI...it was unfortunate that we lost many of our products to generic.
Pros
GREAT Money to be made
Cons
Uncertainty of job security
just ok
Specialty Pharmaceutical Representative (Current Employee) –  TennesseeApril 16, 2018
not my favorite job or industry. DSI is a sinking ship. There is no product pipeline that is being approved by the FDA. And leadership continues to make bad decisions to further drive business down.
pharmaceutical sales-midsize
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 12, 2018
Territory management. Company has lacked successful pipeline products and has changed from a cardiovascular specialty to more pain. Challenging products to sell.