Daikin Applied Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Decent pay and benefits, but management is poor.
Senior Designer (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMay 18, 2018
Like the title says. I went into Daikin receiving great pay and benefits compared to my previous jobs. But I ended up on a team with poor direction and a manager that didn't do anything about it.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
management
Great
Internship (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDMay 1, 2018
Great workplace with some even better people. Everybody that I met was extremely nice and friendly. The CEO is a great person and a great leader. Very nice.
Exceptional place to work
Talent Acquisition Manager (Current Employee) –  Faribault, MNApril 19, 2018
I am thrilled to be an employee here. My pay and benefits are better than almost anywhere else and I have a lot of opportunity for advancement. I work with people who strive for excellence.
This is a career, not a job.
Pros
Pay, benefits, growth, stability
Cons
none at this time
Production Supwrvisor
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Faribault, MNApril 1, 2018
OK It had a poor work life balance it seemed like we were always working. Perhaps they could have provided an opportunity for less work and more time away that would have been nice
great coworkers
Returns Clerk (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 18, 2018
I have been loyal to the company for 11 years. With only 30 employees total there isn't any room for advancement. There are only 2 managers and 2 supervisors so for me the raises are very small even with a great review.
Pros
Job security
Cons
no room for advancement
Have no life.
Cell Operator, Brake Press operator, Coil Assembly (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNJanuary 29, 2018
If you work here you basically have no life. its eat sleep work at daikin. If you have a family you will never see them. I would recommend working someplace else.
Pros
the pay
Cons
everything else
Great Culture
Part Time Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJanuary 9, 2018
The people here are very nice. Management is always very understanding that business businesses are made of people. Very team oriented workspace. 10/10
Continual management turnover, disorganized as a result.
Manufacturing Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Verona, VAJanuary 8, 2018
With continual management turnover, managerial experience and product knowledge is minimal. The only steady group is the hourly union personnel, of whom get continuously jerked around with the next new manager and there bright gun ho ideas based upon no experience in this facility - and generally fall flat on there face - and leave - one more time.
Industrial Engineer Internship
Industrial Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Faribault, MNDecember 21, 2017
I worked as an intern for two summers, it was a good first experience for engineering. The Job wasn't too challenging but also kept you busy. i was doing different tasks all the time and balancing multiple jobs at the same time.
Daikin is a very good company
Senior Journeymen (Current Employee) –  NYC, NYNovember 26, 2017
Enjoyed working with everyone in service and sales .Constant learning is needed to keep up with the many advances and changing trade.Daikin VRV is the hot product these days so any training available I would recommend signing up
Daikin Applied
Brazer (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNOctober 26, 2017
Your there to go to work and earn a living and go home. Do it again the next day. Short breaks, long hours, lots of overtime. Keep aware of all policies written and unwritten.
Great place to work.
Air Conditioning Base Unit Builder (Former Employee) –  Verona, VAOctober 24, 2017
Everyone you work with is really nice and down to earth. Everyone works together to get the job done. Great place to work! The work hours were great and overtime is always a plus.
Pros
Cafeteria with breakfast and lunches, Great people to work with.
Cons
Supervisor’s are not the brightest
daiken
General Assembler (Former Employee) –  Verona, VAOctober 24, 2017
I did not even call to turn in my two week notice nor did I show up. I had received a job else where. My reasoning for that was because of how awful the work place and management was.
Excellent company to work for
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 23, 2017
In the HVAC field, Daikin is top notch. Most everyone who comes to us from another company never wants to leave. Great benefits, company vehicle and company supplied tools and equipment
Pros
Good career opportunities, flexible schedule, good benefits
Cons
Not many in comparison to other HVAC companies
I enjoyed the work I was doing at Daikin.
Coil Fabrication Technician (Former Employee) –  Auburn, NYOctober 20, 2017
The work at Daikin was challenging and I enjoyed working for this company, I was sorry to see them move to Mexico.The work was not always easy but I had the opportunity to do multiple jobs and learn new ones.
Pros
Holiday Parties, Boss appreciated the employees
Cons
company relocated
Laid back and easy job
Structural Welder (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 16, 2017
The management is excellent. Work is slow and too many workers, not enough work. They don't say anything to you but they talk alot about you behind your back. They expect too much for such low pay. Good company to work for but sometimes it can be slow. Location in Phoenix sucks because of traffic.
Pros
Mon-Fri 40 hour a week job.
Cons
Not enough overtime. Low pay. Location in Phoenix sucks.
Small office in downtown Jersey City
Meeting Planner (Contract (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJSeptember 28, 2017
I enjoyed my experience while working at Daikin McQuay and would have stayed in my role had the company not be experiencing budget cuts at the time. I enjoyed my commute and the relationships I established with my co-workers.
Pros
Easy commute in thriving city
Great Company to work for
SERVICE COORDINATOR II (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 21, 2017
I would not have left if I had not moved. I learned many new skills that will benefit me in my future endeavors. It was a great office atmosphere. The new management that was brought in really turned things around.
Daikin Applied
administrative support (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSAugust 17, 2017
Great pay and benefits however no job security, no room for advancement and corporate management leaves much to be desired. I learned a lot from time with Daikin but it came with a price.
Productive and great working environment
Engineering IT Internship (Former Employee) –  Verona, VAAugust 1, 2017
I learned and accomplished a lot during my time at Daikin Applied. I am very grateful for the all of the opportunities the company gave to me. I gained much knowledge and experience working within the engineering department.