Daikin Applied Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Planner/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Verona, VAFebruary 20, 2019
Daikin is a really nice place to work, people is always working as a team, and they are really helpful, I learned new things every day, I will say is a little stressful but you always will get help.
If you like to sit around.....
Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNFebruary 13, 2019
Very much oriented to their favorites who don't do much work but get the highest praise due to brown nosing. Engineers extremely overloaded and not much help. A lot of sitting and waiting for people to make decisions. Hard working people DO NOT get compensated for putting out the extra effort. New management 2 years ago changed the entire complexity, and that's not meant in a good way. A lot of shop gossiping on all levels, including management. Pay is much better elsewhere. Very glad I left as life is much better outside Daikin. It's definitely a go nowhere job and saw a few really good people leave. The ones that stay there don't leave because they might have to actually do work at a different job. It turned into a 2 year complete waste of time.
Cons
A lot of favoritism
Hot
Line Assembler (Current Employee) –  Staunton, VAJanuary 16, 2019
No ac during the summer, it gets to over 100 indoors and you get pointed for leaving if you faint which is then blamed on dehydration. Mandatory overtime every other weekend and no sick days for if your actually sick
Management needs immediate training
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Waller, TXDecember 22, 2018
Modern day plantation. With a revolving door. Managers walk around screaming and disrespecting workers. If you have a 6 grade education you can do better than this place. They treat contractors like the scum of the earth. I will testify to that. Management need people skills.
Relatively Relaxed Environment
Marketing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 26, 2018
Daikin Applied is a good place to work with many pleasant people to work with. The pace is not too fast and not too slow. Emphasis is placed on effort more typically than results.
Pros
On Site lunch service
Don't plan on having a life.
Unit Assembler (Former Employee) –  Faribault, MNNovember 19, 2018
if you dont care about having a personal life, then Daikin is perfect for you. They do pay well, but with mandatory overtime you really wont be able to have the time to spend the money you earn. There is a reason their turnover is so bad. In the month before I started the turnover was 87%. 36 out of 41 people either didn't come back or walked out.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hours, Management
Dead end job, low engagement.
Test Technician III (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNOctober 17, 2018
If you want a steady boring, unfulfilled, nobody listens, lack of direction, then work here. Change of management came in a couple of years ago, and the lab became a soap opera. The thing of it was that the new boss was a big reason behind it. He would talk about anyone behind everyone’s back. It was like grade school all over then. Low moral, people back stabbing everyone. I started my own company, and walked out. I
Pros
40 hours
Cons
Fun and productive place to work.
Training Intern (Former Employee) –  Verona, VASeptember 25, 2018
I was there for the summer of 2018 and worked on a specific project regarding training documents. I was able to lead meetings and led the project under minimal supervision. I enjoyed being around those I worked with. Overall great experience.
Pros
Good environment, flexible schedule, cafeteria on site
Cons
Pay could be better
Productive workplace, Nice people
Pricing Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 11, 2018
The offices are very nice with a great cafeteria. The people are very nice and are very helpful to new employees. Stress free work place but not very social
good job
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 9, 2018
The employees all got along with each other,team players,good job if you have a family (good benefits),Good management,excellent on the job training and factory training.
No advancement opportunity
Senior Designer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 4, 2018
There was a change in management and now you cannot think for yourself. You are micromanaged in everything you do. I would not recommend this company to anyone seeking advancement. There have been several designers leave because of the micromanaging atmosphere. There is also no engineering direct communication now because the company has separated the engineers from the designers. The moral has went way down in the engineering department.
Lots of work options
Brazer (Current Employee) –  Owatonna, MNAugust 31, 2018
Great place to work If you're looking to make decent money and you like to work a lot there are plenty of jobs and abilities to be cross trained. The facility is kept very clean and is secured
Pros
Overtime available
Cons
Still some training gaps the company is working to overcome
people are great
Service Operations (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 22, 2018
people are great the company is fast paced. the company was going through a CRM change at the time i left. they care about their employees and want to continue to embrace that.
Great internship program
Graphic Design Intern (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaAugust 13, 2018
Had a great time and learned a lot in and out of my field of work. It helped me grow as a professional and learn what it's like to be in the working world before I graduated.
Pros
Amazing people, great environment, and good lunches.
Cons
Was stuck in the storage area the whole time because of renovations
Forward thinking
Service/Warranty Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2018
Great place to work but they were going through downsizing. Typical day was taking customer calls and resolving technical issues. I would also drive to local customer sites.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
poor job security
Good place for a career
Punch/Shear Operator (Current Employee) –  Owatonna, MNJuly 4, 2018
If you are a hard worker, Daikin has a job to fit you. They have a lot of different jobs from processing raw steel to welding, brazing, assembly, and shipping.
Pros
Wage, A/c
Fun work place. Great people.
General Assembler (Current Employee) –  Verona, VAJuly 1, 2018
The atmosphere is great and you couldn’t ask for better people to work with. Great benefits and pay. Most of the supervisors are easy to deal with also.
Decent pay and benefits, but management is poor.
Senior Designer (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMay 18, 2018
Like the title says. I went into Daikin receiving great pay and benefits compared to my previous jobs. But I ended up on a team with poor direction and a manager that didn't do anything about it.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
management
Great Company
Service Technician/Installer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 15, 2018
Various job details but enjoyed the challenge. Serviced mainly commercial equipment at hospitals and commercial properties. Heating and Air and installation
Great
Internship (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDMay 1, 2018
Great workplace with some even better people. Everybody that I met was extremely nice and friendly. The CEO is a great person and a great leader. Very nice.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Daikin Applied. Our community is ready to answer.