Daikin Applied Employee Reviews

Dead end job, low engagement.
Test Technician III (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNOctober 17, 2018
If you want a steady boring, unfulfilled, nobody listens, lack of direction, then work here. Change of management came in a couple of years ago, and the lab became a soap opera. The thing of it was that the new boss was a big reason behind it. He would talk about anyone behind everyone’s back. It was like grade school all over then. Low moral, people back stabbing everyone. I started my own company, and walked out. I
Pros
40 hours
Productive workplace, Nice people
Pricing Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 11, 2018
The offices are very nice with a great cafeteria. The people are very nice and are very helpful to new employees. Stress free work place but not very social
good job
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 9, 2018
The employees all got along with each other,team players,good job if you have a family (good benefits),Good management,excellent on the job training and factory training.
No advancement opportunity
Senior Designer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 4, 2018
There was a change in management and now you cannot think for yourself. You are micromanaged in everything you do. I would not recommend this company to anyone seeking advancement. There have been several designers leave because of the micromanaging atmosphere. There is also no engineering direct communication now because the company has separated the engineers from the designers. The moral has went way down in the engineering department.
Lots of work options
Brazer (Current Employee) –  Owatonna, MNAugust 31, 2018
Great place to work If you're looking to make decent money and you like to work a lot there are plenty of jobs and abilities to be cross trained. The facility is kept very clean and is secured
Pros
Overtime available
Cons
Still some training gaps the company is working to overcome
people are great
Service Operations (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 22, 2018
people are great the company is fast paced. the company was going through a CRM change at the time i left. they care about their employees and want to continue to embrace that.
Great internship program
Graphic Design Intern (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaAugust 13, 2018
Had a great time and learned a lot in and out of my field of work. It helped me grow as a professional and learn what it's like to be in the working world before I graduated.
Pros
Amazing people, great environment, and good lunches.
Cons
Was stuck in the storage area the whole time because of renovations
Forward thinking
Service/Warranty Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2018
Great place to work but they were going through downsizing. Typical day was taking customer calls and resolving technical issues. I would also drive to local customer sites.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
poor job security
Good place for a career
Punch/Shear Operator (Current Employee) –  Owatonna, MNJuly 4, 2018
If you are a hard worker, Daikin has a job to fit you. They have a lot of different jobs from processing raw steel to welding, brazing, assembly, and shipping.
Pros
Wage, A/c
Fun work place. Great people.
General Assembler (Current Employee) –  Verona, VAJuly 1, 2018
The atmosphere is great and you couldn’t ask for better people to work with. Great benefits and pay. Most of the supervisors are easy to deal with also.
Decent pay and benefits, but management is poor.
Senior Designer (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMay 18, 2018
Like the title says. I went into Daikin receiving great pay and benefits compared to my previous jobs. But I ended up on a team with poor direction and a manager that didn't do anything about it.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
management
Great Company
Service Technician/Installer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 15, 2018
Various job details but enjoyed the challenge. Serviced mainly commercial equipment at hospitals and commercial properties. Heating and Air and installation
Great
Internship (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDMay 1, 2018
Great workplace with some even better people. Everybody that I met was extremely nice and friendly. The CEO is a great person and a great leader. Very nice.
Exceptional place to work
Talent Acquisition Manager (Current Employee) –  Faribault, MNApril 19, 2018
I am thrilled to be an employee here. My pay and benefits are better than almost anywhere else and I have a lot of opportunity for advancement. I work with people who strive for excellence.
This is a career, not a job.
Pros
Pay, benefits, growth, stability
Cons
none at this time
Production Supwrvisor
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Faribault, MNApril 1, 2018
OK It had a poor work life balance it seemed like we were always working. Perhaps they could have provided an opportunity for less work and more time away that would have been nice
Cons
Stressful environment with Japanese people in charge.
Project Management (Current Employee) –  Verona, VAMarch 6, 2018
Working with the Japanese people was challenging. While the Daikin Japanese people provide capital money and oversight, their ability to work collaboratively with American workers was not very good.
great coworkers
Returns Clerk (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 18, 2018
I have been loyal to the company for 11 years. With only 30 employees total there isn't any room for advancement. There are only 2 managers and 2 supervisors so for me the raises are very small even with a great review.
Pros
Job security
Cons
no room for advancement
Nice first job
Project Engineer, Estimator (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJFebruary 5, 2018
Good place to ease into the full time working lifestyle. Continuous learning not heavily encouraged, not much room to advance in career. Low stress environment.
Have no life.
Cell Operator, Brake Press operator, Coil Assembly (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNJanuary 29, 2018
If you work here you basically have no life. its eat sleep work at daikin. If you have a family you will never see them. I would recommend working someplace else.
Pros
the pay
Cons
everything else
Great Culture
Part Time Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJanuary 9, 2018
The people here are very nice. Management is always very understanding that business businesses are made of people. Very team oriented workspace. 10/10

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Daikin Applied. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about