Daily Transcription

Working at Daily Transcription: 10 Reviews

United States10 reviews

Good place to work if you need some extra money

However, you'll need to put in a lot to get good money out and you'll need to be consistent in putting in requests for work. There's a steep learning curve if you don't have previous transcription experience, so if you aren't very fast immediately, you'll probably take a long time to do minimum work, which doesn't cash out very much because you are paid by the minute of the audio file. There also might not be enough work-- I was let go due to lack of workflow. But if you're applying when they're busy and you do work regularly, you'll probably be good. Extremely flexible because there are no minimum hours required, as you are an independent contractor, but if you aren't requesting enough, you will be the first to be let go.

Pros

easy money, very flexible

Cons

no benefits, hours cap, must be very good/fast for it to be "worth it", no guaranteed work

Low pay high standards

There are a lot of rules for very little pay. I liked the work but it really was like 3$ and hour at first. Then you get fired even though there isin’t a required minimum amount of work.

Pros

Flexibility, nice management.

Cons

Low pay.

Daily Transcription insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment

If you're desperate for money give it a go.

They're willing to hire if you've got at least a decent grasp of grammar. They have a QA team to go through an fix it, hence the lower pay. But the stress of some of these files without more pay is horrendous. You only get paid more if there are multiple people talking. If there's one purpose who mumbles of every line or you have to use an obnoxious format style rather than the one you trained with, you don't get more compensation.

Disrespectful of your time and labor.

You will be made to transcribe horrible quality audios. Your questions will go unanswered. You'll be making less than minimum wage for how long some of the files take you at the rate you're paid per audio minute.

Pros

Make your own schedule, work remotely

Cons

The pay and the file quality, management

Awesome job

This job allows me to make a living while still being able to stay close to my family and still be considered a stay at home mother. They provide timely pay and easy, interesting work.

Pros

Flexibilty & remote

Cons

Sometimes work slows

An Okay Company

Nothing special, nothing bad to report but also nothing good. Went smoothly. Staff was kind and understanding, things were straightforward. Audio was usually very hard to decipher, but thus us the life of a transcriber.

Pros

Understanding staff

Cons

Work is quite tedious

Competitive Work with flexible hours

I was given audio and video files to transcribe. You were able to accept and deny work at your leisure. The managers were good at giving you feedback on your work and assisting you if needed

Fast-paced and challenging

DT is good if you're looking for part-time work that you can do from home. However, some of the assignments can be challenging. Make sure to equip yourself with a good transcription software.

Thoroughly Professional Transcription Operation

I'm new to the company but thus far the experience has been smooth and professional. The staff is extremely cordial and helpful And the demands at the outset are kept to a comfortable minimum.

Pros

Careful testing to see if you can perform

Not a good match for me

I learned that transcription wasn't exactly my cup of tea. The pay was not very good, and it was a lot of tedious projects that were not explained fully. They were not very organized.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Daily Transcription. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare Daily Transcription with

Daily Transcription Reviews by Job Title

Learn about Daily Transcription in popular locations

• Daily Transcription
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?