Daimler AG Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Excellent place to work
Assistant Buyer / Planner (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, NCAugust 7, 2018
I miss my Daimler family. The company is rather large, however, management works directly with team members to work through daily issues. The people really make the company. When employees are treated with respect and encouraged, the success shows. Employees are personally driven to see the company succeed and that is core of any great company.
Job was moved to Mexico
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEAugust 7, 2018
Let me try to use 150 charaqcters to describe my job at DaimlerChrysler. It's really easy to finish this by saying that they closed the assembly plant I worked at and shipped the entire operation to Mexico.
German Company highly structured environment
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCAugust 1, 2018
I was fully aware that Daimler was a German Owned Company. They are very structured and can move slowly at times. The work life balance is really good. The people are exceptional and I truly enjoy working with my team and for the company. The team laughs daily and we really have a family environment where people care about each other and their families. They take the great place to work survey very seriously and they really work to develop the management. The most difficult part of the job is the more measured pace for IT development and system integration. Many of their systems are still antiquated. That definitely comes with a manufacturing company. The fun part is that it is manufacturing large semi tractors. I actually got to drive one! We also get to go to the plant and tour. That was really awesome.
Pros
The People
Cons
IT systems
Lots of great people with a few not so great apples
Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 18, 2018
Everyone for the most part is really great to work with - like anywhere you'll get a few people that you question how they were promoted or hired in the first place!
Pros
benefits, car lease program, discounts, days off
Cons
work life balance, leadership can be a barrier to moving forward
Pay good for part time
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  USAJuly 11, 2018
Had to lift 75lbs about 10 times for your pre employment physical. HR can be helpful and there can be no communication with something you need to know. Pay is good for part time but can only work so many hours a week and thought the year only given more hours during the summer months. A lot of drama with temps. Its day shift. Supervisor was just there to tell you to move faster and get upset if the line was stopped. Flexible schedule easy to change a day if you needed your regular scheduled day off. No benefits do to part time.
Pros
Gain share, hr, breaks, 4pm, flexible schedule
Cons
Temps, hr, 24 hours a week at the most
work palce
Product Engineer (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJune 26, 2018
good work place to work, team work, mentor, good for career growth and also have other avenues for gaining experience.Management team very encouraging.
Great Place to Work
Intern (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR 97217June 23, 2018
Beautiful Campus, Food on site is pretty good, good work life balance, fun place to work, atmosphere is professional and friendly, one of the best companies in portland, intern
A Decent Employer
Project Manager, Business Systems Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 11, 2018
Daimler is a good stepping stone for an entry level IT professional. It is a large organization with a tall corporate structure. An IT employee can expect a team environment with regular AGILE meetings. Sprints can be challenging and the workflow varies from light to heavy depending on pressures passed down through management. The quality of your employment will depend on the culture of your department. If you have a good team with a solid manager, then you can expect a very pleasant experience.
Pros
Good benefits, two extra weeks off (July & December)
Cons
Management quality varies by project and department
Stressfull environment which fosters quantity rather than quality
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 7, 2018
Continual knee-jerk management style. Problems and issues were somewhat addressed as they appeared. However, root cause analysis was rarely completed to avoid repeat instances.
To say Daimler follows Lean Manufacturing is a huge stretch of the term; they use the "just-in-case" not "just-in-time" manufacturing model.
As long as the daily target of trucks out the door was met, upper management was happy.
Jeopardizing safety and quality in workmanship is a common practice in manufacturing. On numerous occasions I have seen it and escalated it and every time it was discounted by upper management. I will NEVER consider purchasing ANY Daimler product (Mercedes Benz, Western Star, Freightliner, etc.). If they willing to jeopardize public safety in their truck division(s) by turning a blind eye to safety and quality-in-station, what's to say it's not happening in their passenger division(s).
Daimler needs to work to remove the unions from the facility; with state and federal laws which protect workers, the union is no longer a needed entity. If removing the union environment is unavoidable, remove three and combine into one.
Many members possess the entitlement trait which has grown out of control.
The hardest part of the job is twofold: entitled workers and poor management.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the end of the day.
Pros
Benefits package
Cons
Constantly feeling negitively pressured by management
was a good place to work,great team
Warehousing Technician (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJune 5, 2018
log into youre equipment,login to the voice system,and get youre tools.Team huddle to find out what is expected of each person to get the days work done in a 8 hour day.If you need help,look for a lead man.
Employees caught between union and management
Endurance Driver (Former Employee) –  Wittmann, AZJune 1, 2018
This was a great job until the proving grounds moved, the only real down side was that management and the union would be at odds with each other with the employees being the victim of both sides.
Great company
IT Supplier Manager/NPM Purchasing Analyst (ITC/N) (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 29, 2018
Overall a great company. Many departments to move and work in as long as you put in the time to build your relationships. Great work-life balance and if need to, can work remotely as long as it's approved by your manager.
Pros
AT HQ cafeteria food is subsidized and great tasting
Cons
Big company, takes time to make changes. IT systems need updating.
money trap
Laborers and Freight Stock and Material Mover Hand (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCMay 29, 2018
benefits and pay were good, but coworkers are cold and cut throat and will throw you under the bus for their own enjoyment. Management is clueless in how shipping and warehouse should work and the union is in bed with the company making the good ol boy system worse
quick paced, weekly erformance reviews
Warehouse Worker - Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJ 08085May 29, 2018
started shift with a meeting on previous days performance, and
expectations for that day's performance.

Learned the use of a picker machine,,automatic pallet wrapper,
voice activated computing system, forklift, packaging machines.

Hardest part of the job was the weekly performance reviews,
the numbers were tough to meet. very quick paced,.

The employees I worked with were very nice and helpful.
Pros
great employees to work with
Cons
stressful, weekly performance reviews
High pressure, family first company
Dropship Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 23, 2018
Management played favorites and created cliques within the teams. The culture was like squeezing blood from turnips. We were overworked and understaffed. Too much pressure. Having said that, we somehow managed to have some fun at our jobs. Management tried very hard to create a positive, rewarding environment for us.
Pros
Free lunches, internal recognition
Cons
Short staffed, high stress environmentr
SMT Operator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 16, 2018
Great benefits, and a great atmosphere. Treated all workers fairly. Paid very good wages and had opportunities to advance. I would recommend working here.
Not your father's company
Storage Administrator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 15, 2018
The replacement of staff with contractors creates a difficult to manage environment along with cross boundaries cooperation. In fighting between engineers is common placed with only a few individuals working as a team.
Great management and employees working as a team.
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Lemont, ILMay 14, 2018
Daimler AG had excellent communication between Management and employees. Typical days, including the size of our workload for that day, was met with all of us knowing we will get our jobs done, goals met in a safe and timely manner to make our customers satisfied. The culture at Daimler felt like a big family. We always helped and advised each other when our workload for the day was very high. The hardest part of my previous job was that our place outgrew itself after being in Wood Dale for over 30 years and had to move into two bigger plants that were out of state. The most enjoyable moments were when we all worked hard and safe together to meet our goals and customers satisfied daily, leaving the place knowing that even a rough day was never something we couldn't get through.
Pros
Free luncheons with extended breaks and gain sharing quarterly.
Cons
Not many.
Hard work, great pay and benefits
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, NC 27013May 11, 2018
Hard work, but compensated with pay and benefits. Very unstable job, layoffs happen too often. I feel that better planning and management would have prevented some of this.
Great Culture
Financial Controller (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 2, 2018
Daimler is a company that is geared towards the future of the auto industry and they are taking real measures to provide a modern workplace for the next generation.
Pros
Cons
Career advancement