Daimler AG Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Finance Operations Manager, AR/Credit (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 18, 2018
Very good place to start and develop a career. I would recommend it to anyone who is interested in learning more about manufacturing. Very good culture.
Very exciting and supportive place to work!
Lean Expert/EHS Manager (Former Employee) –  Hibbing, MNOctober 17, 2018
Daimler's mission was communicated to all, and every employee was developed to understand how they can affect SQDCM. One of the lean principles at Daimler is: Only empowered people deliver powerful performance. So, so true! They instilled core values of Passion, Integrity, Honesty, and Respect and as leaders we coached to those values. Great place to work!!
Pros
Culture, Leadership, Vision
Cons
Can't really think of any
Job Summary
Vendor Scheduler, Supplier Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 12, 2018
-typical 9-5 job monday through friday
-lots of great experience working with suppliers and managing a supply chain with an international team in Germany
Good salary & benefits
Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mount Holly, NCOctober 12, 2018
Typical work day is good and the hardest part of the job is standing on your feet all day. Learned how to test the engine and braking systems for trucks on various machines and the culture is diverse.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Standing on feet all day
Too focused on diversity
Mgr (Former Employee) –  VariousOctober 9, 2018
They wanted more diversity (given the industry) and passed up on qualified candidates for promotion to chose diverse candidates that were not qualified. I saw this at least a handful of times.
Not great work/life balance as the company runs lean.
Fairly good cross-functional cooperation.
Pay and benefits are above average.
The culture is becoming more of a cutthroat environment at mgmt. levels, yet all leadership training stresses alignment. Due to the way job ratings are handled.
People work hard in general and are rewarded for that.
Pros
pay, benefits, growth opportunities
Working at Daimler Chrysler was a good job,
Team Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 26, 2018
I worked at Daimler Chrysler for 12 Years it was a good job, with good pay and benefits. Only left so as to open my own business as a health club owner.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Drive to Detroit
DCX Review
Telecommunications Technician (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MISeptember 21, 2018
Working at DCX under the IT network/Telecom team was great, I was the lead resource and put together the reasoning for all the issue and the resolution path.
Pros
great people
Cons
Layoffs
OEM of Engines for Chrysler
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Trenton, MISeptember 18, 2018
A good introduction to manufacturing. This experience as the gateway to me beginning my career in automotive. The experiences I learned at Trenton Engine have stuck with me throughout my career.
A great place
Senior Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOSeptember 17, 2018
Awesome place to work Great benefits. Great people. Training. Paid vacation and benefits. They are the best company I ever worked for. If the had an office here, I would go.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Hard to advance
Terrible Management
Employee Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Redford, MISeptember 12, 2018
My manager was a man-child that threw temper tantrums when he did not get his way. Gossiping, backstabbing, and discrimination was rampant and management did not help at all.
Review
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 12, 2018
This is a very nice company / had a great manager / just that the training to take over wasn't the best.and felt I was due to fail before getting the training needed.
Daimler Corporate
Quality Analyst - Paint Group Initiatives (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 10, 2018
The wheels of industry turn slowly at Daimler, there are a lot of very clever, qualified people working there, but getting them to agree to improvements and then implement them is a slow, uphill battle.
Pros
Nice building and facilities
Cons
Hard to implement change
Fun place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Wood Dale, ILSeptember 4, 2018
My day generally started with a early meeting and we Were directed for our assignments of the day. what was the goals and expectation of the team on a daily basis.
Pros
Free Lunch somedays
Cons
Short breaks
Opportunities for advancement, Great Place to Work etc.
General Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 4, 2018
Great Place to Work
Good culture
Portland, OR based
Ability to travel
Nice people
Nice amenities
Challenging work while having room to grow career
Family atmosphere
Productive and overall great place to work. Management was not too good, but other than that it was great
Rear engine assembly (Former Employee) –  Mount Holly, NCSeptember 3, 2018
Great place to work overall. Awesome people, the management was not great but it wasn't bad. Made a lot of money. Missed out on a lot of time with family working 2nd shift. Only problem I had with them was Job security, and working 2nd shift
Pros
A lot of vacation time in your first year. Pay is great, the people are great.
Cons
Only one break all day. Mandatory OT sometimes, your not making it on 1st shift unless you have about 6-10yrs in.
Fun and exciting place to work, until you leave.
Electrical Technician (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 27, 2018
It was the most exciting job I have every had. Lots of travel, even to other countries. Learned lots of highly technical stuff. Met very interesting people from all over the world.
Pros
Fun and exciting
Cons
Exit policy is very bad for the employee
Intership during the Study
Student in Vehicle Development (Former Employee) –  Baden-WürttembergAugust 23, 2018
Was a wonderful Job during my study. We were accepted as real employes and didn´t get the feedilg about an intership Person.

Work was exciting and focused
Excellent place to work
Assistant Buyer / Planner (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, NCAugust 7, 2018
I miss my Daimler family. The company is rather large, however, management works directly with team members to work through daily issues. The people really make the company. When employees are treated with respect and encouraged, the success shows. Employees are personally driven to see the company succeed and that is core of any great company.
Job was moved to Mexico
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEAugust 7, 2018
Let me try to use 150 charaqcters to describe my job at DaimlerChrysler. It's really easy to finish this by saying that they closed the assembly plant I worked at and shipped the entire operation to Mexico.
German Company highly structured environment
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCAugust 1, 2018
I was fully aware that Daimler was a German Owned Company. They are very structured and can move slowly at times. The work life balance is really good. The people are exceptional and I truly enjoy working with my team and for the company. The team laughs daily and we really have a family environment where people care about each other and their families. They take the great place to work survey very seriously and they really work to develop the management. The most difficult part of the job is the more measured pace for IT development and system integration. Many of their systems are still antiquated. That definitely comes with a manufacturing company. The fun part is that it is manufacturing large semi tractors. I actually got to drive one! We also get to go to the plant and tour. That was really awesome.
Pros
The People
Cons
IT systems

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Daimler AG. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

61out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Daimler AG.