Daimler AG Employee Reviews

Review Summary
Java/J2EE Developer (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIMay 21, 2018
Same as other companies.
Working on open issues pending closure
Management is great
Workplace culture is good and casual
Enjoyable to work with various groups
SMT Operator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 16, 2018
Great benefits, and a great atmosphere. Treated all workers fairly. Paid very good wages and had opportunities to advance. I would recommend working here.
Not your father's company
Storage Administrator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 15, 2018
The replacement of staff with contractors creates a difficult to manage environment along with cross boundaries cooperation. In fighting between engineers is common placed with only a few individuals working as a team.
Great management and employees working as a team.
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Lemont, ILMay 14, 2018
Daimler AG had excellent communication between Management and employees. Typical days, including the size of our workload for that day, was met with all of us knowing we will get our jobs done, goals met in a safe and timely manner to make our customers satisfied. The culture at Daimler felt like a big family. We always helped and advised each other when our workload for the day was very high. The hardest part of my previous job was that our place outgrew itself after being in Wood Dale for over 30 years and had to move into two bigger plants that were out of state. The most enjoyable moments were when we all worked hard and safe together to meet our goals and customers satisfied daily, leaving the place knowing that even a rough day was never something we couldn't get through.
Pros
Free luncheons with extended breaks and gain sharing quarterly.
Cons
Not many.
Hard work, great pay and benefits
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, NC 27013May 11, 2018
Hard work, but compensated with pay and benefits. Very unstable job, layoffs happen too often. I feel that better planning and management would have prevented some of this.
Great Culture
Financial Controller (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 2, 2018
Daimler is a company that is geared towards the future of the auto industry and they are taking real measures to provide a modern workplace for the next generation.
Pros
Cons
Career advancement
DaimlerChrysler Services
Dealer Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXMay 1, 2018
Very open and honest feedback and communication throughout company. This was the best place I have ever worked, monetarily and working with people I truly enjoyed! Great management at the time.
big
Contract Mfg. Engr / CNC Programmer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, NCApril 28, 2018
Good place to work hard but good, plant is air conditioned st that in the heat of summer you aren't sweating your head off. Good management kept employees well informed.

I was a contract engineer there and they always treated me fairly, and paind invoices on time.
Pros
paid quickly
stressfull
Freightliner of Arizona (Current Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZApril 25, 2018
poor management
this shop is a joke

no organization and lack of oversight from corporate lead to chaos

lack of opportunity to advance and lack of pay
majority of people working here is family and or friends of management leading to an unfair envirioment
Great place to work, don't expect job security
Uptime Pro Application Support (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 24, 2018
I loved working for this place, great work - home life balance. Decent compensation. However, since the majority of their employees are contractors, there is a high turn over rate. Some people come and go like it's a revolving door, which works for some people but not for most.
Pros
Close to several hiking trails and parks, diverse workplace, beautiful location
Cons
Lack of Parking, Difficult to access by public transit, high turn over rate, lack of career advancement
Clean and relatively comfortable work environment.
Level 2 Technician (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 17, 2018
A typical day at work was monotonous. You knew what you had to do and how to do it. I learned to work in a team environment. Management was excellent. There was nothing hard about the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with my teammates.
Pros
Good pay. Good benefits
Fun environment, great people, awesome benefits
Customer Assistance Call Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Montvale, NJApril 16, 2018
Overall, a great place to work. Fun environment and people. Awesome benefits: discount on cars, good vacation time, free snacks, training offered, company celebrations
Pros
Free snacks, good benefits
Cons
career advancement
Work with Germany
Training (Consulting) – Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mexico CityApril 9, 2018
It was a great experience to work with Germany, nice to have continuum training, always thinking on customers.
Pros
Open minded employees
Cons
Distance with Germany
production work
Sales Transaction Specialist /Pricing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCMarch 28, 2018
Typical workday - production work (could be automated) sales operational validation of type. Processing sale request, invoice issues and chargeback. Pricing data reports, development of KPI's and
Pros
Great opportunity to develop soft skills, collaborative work, healthcare benefits.
Cons
Limited room for advancement without going into the field. Mid Management politics, upper management turns blind eye.
Ignornace Solidified
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, NCMarch 24, 2018
Management has no desire to put out a quality product only to turn out products as fast as they can which leads to consumer blow-back and layoffs. Leader ship in non-existent, the company operated on the philosophy that good workers should pick up the slack of those who work slow or not at all instead of disciplining them.
Pros
good pay, plenty of time off, good benefits
Cons
horrible management and leadership, union is worthless, if youre a good worker you're required to work harder to pick up the slack of lazy workers
Ok place to work.
Radios & Telematics Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 21, 2018
You work on many different vehicle types and sizes. Mostly for large customers such as Walmart or UPS. Very low tech design vehicle compared to others
Pros
Nice location
Cons
Long Howers
Great employer but very limited in opportunities
Supervisor Security Operations, (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 18, 2018
Daimler is a great company, but folks rarely ever leave causing a sever problem in that there are few if any new positions to move into. I love the vacation policy and my coworkers. The only downside is that there are so many folks who stay there that finding new opportunities is hard
Pros
Great care leases
Cons
Few opportunities to advance
Chrysler
ADVANCE STAMPING MFG ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIMarch 16, 2018
I went from working in Production to becoming a Die Designer, to becoming a Die Process Engineer.

Worked in a lot of Plants & meet a lot of hard-working people.
With Chrysler going thru joint ventures with other companies as often as it occurred, I decided to retire & leave after 32 years of service.
Pros
Paid for everything.
Cons
Could not manage itself without a outside company
Good Company. Above avarage pay and benefits. Generous 401K
Distribution Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wood Dale, IL 60191March 14, 2018
Distribution center servicing multiple dealerships daily. Supervise 25-35 team members give performance reviews. Culture was overall good. It was a union facility but pretty good relationship between mgnt and bargaining unit representation. Hard work performed by both management and union members to get it that way.
Pros
Pay and benfits including PTO
Cons
Long hours not a lot of advancement opportunity
Daimler is a good company to work for. Long hours but pay and benefits are comensurate
Distribution Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wood Dale, IL 60191March 9, 2018
Distribution Center. Typical warehouse setting. Union shop. Good solid group of colleagues horizontally. Enjoyable people all the way around. In the past there has not been a lot of support from upper management however this has been changing there has been more effort on development of the middle management and continuing down to team members.
Pros
Solid place to work Great Pay and Benefits
Cons
Longer hours. Due to remote location (not corporate) not much opportunity to advance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Daimler AG. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

61out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Daimler AG.