Dairy Farmers of America, Inc.
62Average

Dairy Farmers of America, Inc. Employee Reviews

United States331 reviews
This company has so much potential to be probably one of the best companies I have ever worked for. Work like balance is manageable and schedule is know for months in advance. The only issue I’ve encountered is old fashioned ways ,unwilling to hear out employees, and worthless team building. Some people have been here so long they do what ever they want and expect to have everything catered to them. Management does nothing to make the environment more positive. Basically ,A corporate America version of milk hauling.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Terrible Training, unwillingness to help individuals, older group that refuses to accept change.
I get along with everyone I work with. They're pretty cool people for the most part.
It's a new adventure every day and I like the work week schedule and the time off.
Pros
new adventure every day/ paid by the hour
Cons
Trucks could be nicer models
DFA is more than a production plant rather a center for career development where on the job trainings alongside job rotation is fully observed to avoid work fatigue and mental dullness
Pros
free lunches sometimes and snacks for staff birthday's monthly celebration
Cons
Weekend works sometimes
The interview was professional but relaxed at the same time. Three quality managers did my interview and I felt comfortable through it all. A few days later I was extended an offer.

I completed a background check which took about a week. When my background cleared I was scheduled a drug screen and fitness test.

I just completed my paid orientation and start my new job Monday. The guy teaching the orientation was awesome and made me feel comfortable, all the managers involved seemed to genuinely care felt welcomed and let me know I’ll be properly trained. Overall it’s been a good experience so far and I’m excited to start my ew journey.

HR department was very responsive and helpful through the process.
Pros
Paid orientation, good benefits, welcoming environment
Cons
Don’t have any so far, I’m new.
Great teamwork from everyone, Loved working there, All employees were friendly. I would definitely go back. Management were awesome! Excellent training provided.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
If you are 1 minute late clocking in, you receive points, if you loose your time card , or simply leave it at home you receive points. They have supervisors who are dating workers under them, they have friends and family who are working under them. The workers are over worked. They have you on a 5 days on 1 day off 12 hour shift ratio per week. Those are all mandatory hours.
I would love to come back an work there
Great job to have.

I got hurt but if given the opportunity I would make a career at the job.

If needed an employee contact me

Dairy farms of America has a lot of ways you can move up in the company

Great staff an co workers to work with.
Upper management at the Mechanicsburg Pa. facility has issues. The present plant manager has a tendency to view you as disloyal if you don't agree with him. He makes it personal. Then all upper management follows like little ducklings.
Be prepared for occasional overtime. Management could show more compassion and integrity. Better communication would be nice too! The pay is good for the area.
Pros
Better than average pay
Cons
Schedule
The management doesn't care. Look forward to working most weekends and holidays. You will work 60 hours or more a week. Taking sick days or vacation days makes other employees treat you very poorly. All in all this job will have to be your life. You will have no time for anything else.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Dairy Farmers of America, Inc.?
Plant facility is in remote area of Nevada. Would highly suggest when filling a management position in the plant it should be from promotion within. There are managerial skills to the job. Always understaffed so supervisor is routinely needed to perform dual jobs of both supervisor and operator. Again, always understaffed!
Some of the people are great people, some of them are great workers, and others are neither but rarely are both. Overall, I made quite a few friends there but with high turnover (between poor attendance, leaving, and management issues) there are new people all the time. Lots of temps which sometimes leads to permanent work.
Upper management is very disconnected. They are only concerned with production and rather than find root causes to issues, they hand down commands to do better with limited support. This is especially true for those issues on night shift, which upper management will never attend to. Unfortunately, this means you'll need tough skin, especially in shift meetings.

The benefits were good and the PTO is mediocre but better than nothing. Shifts were 12 hours but you work 3 days one week, 4 the next so it's not bad. New people will likely end up on the backshift with no pay differential. You get free coffees from the ones made to take home per month.

It is male dominated in manufacturing and unfortunately, that shows through. Overall, seems like very limited opportunity for growth for everyone across the board.
but...it was just not the thing that I would want to do for the rest of my life, so I had decided to get a different job. I had started in a sales position after that and had realized that that was more the avenue that I wanted to take.
Always puts safety-as number one priority If you follow that you will have a long career also set schedule is important so you always have family time while coworkers are also family
I would not go back unless they offered management position. They will use you on the floor for as long as you work there. No chance at advancing to an easier position.
The company has great benefits and competitive salary compensation. The company has impressive safe and quality standards. Overall a great place to work!
Pros
Benefits and salary
Cons
Remote location
Corporate Managers are bullies. Treat you with disrespect. Could care less about you. Just fire you and get someone else.Bad place to work. Hostile work environment. Stay Clear.
Job pays very well for what you do. Easy work that pays well and offers overtime if you are interested. Schedule is hard on night shift you work 12hr shifts but get a lot of days off.
A typical manufacturing environment with a strong emphasis on safety. As the production season increases in demand, employees will be forced to work on weekends. However, the overtime is very generous and one of the only places that was still hiring at the height of the recession.
The management is never in sinc with each other. They have 10 meetings a day for communication and problems that occur but must leave each meeting with short term memory loss. They really don't respect the worker or they would probably run more efficiently. Pay is good for the area. But your another great management decision away from being laid off.
Well where to start, at the terrible hours or the detrimental management that’s driving this place into the ground. This a business which has no possibility of optional shifts, you absolutely must swap every year from nights to days. If you manage to “move up” to processing after starting out you don’t actually get any increase in pay or anything for that matter except responsibility and more work. Regardless of how great or poor of a worker you are, you can never be good enough of a worker to get out of that terrible lifestyle.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dairy Farmers of America, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP10%
In the Top 10% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Dairy Farmers of America, Inc..