Dairy Queen Employee Reviews

Dairy Queen
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CADecember 13, 2018
This was one of the best places I have worked I really loved the owners I had and the area that I was in, Everyone loves ice cream! And the discounts on the ice cream was amazing.
Productive and fun
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILDecember 12, 2018
With the right crew the days could go by smoothly. Working in a fast paced environment, everybody had to be on it and get their job done and that's exactly how it went. Of course their were problems and it didn't run as smoothly as we all wanted it to sometimes but we all pushed and survived by the end of the shift. When I first started at Dairy Queen I was extremely shy and awkward but as I went I became friends with everyone, including my managers and that made the job more fun and I became more open and found it easier to talk to my coworkers and the customers. The hardest part of the job either had to be learning the menu when you take orders or learning the cash window in drive thru, but once you have the first one down the second becomes much easier the more you do it. The most enjoyable part had to be my coworkers and managers. They really become some of your best friends and make the work day go by a lot better and more fun.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks
A good place to work
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNDecember 12, 2018
A good place to work while in school. I worked while in high school, the staff were all friendly along with the suporvisors. It is a high pace job but not too stressful.
A decent job that does not require much effort
Cashier, Cook (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXDecember 12, 2018
It included regular tasks such as knowing how to work a register, clean, and cook. It would be a great job if it paid more than minimum wage. Other than that I would work there again.
Management made things difficult
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 12, 2018
An average day at work would include hospitality and customer service, as well as some team effort. Cleaning up tables when necessary, always being available and kind to customers, having fun with other staff members when possible. Management did not seem to like their job. Always in a bad mood, made it hard for staff members to like them, and made work hard to go to. I loved the job, but the management were, simply put, unkind.
Pros
Free lunches, lovely coworkers
Stressful and unorganized
Stock, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cocoa, FLDecember 12, 2018
Schedule changed at least 3 times in a day . Owner having personal issues which put employees in hardship . Expected you to work off clock and Manager never answered her phone when needed
best ice creme ever
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GADecember 11, 2018
I really have nothing negative to say, other than i never got a raise for all the running around and odd jobs i took that no one else would want to do.
Pros
50 % discount on food
Cons
short breaks
Wasnt working for me
Dairy Queen Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MADecember 11, 2018
Not very easy to switch hours upon request. Management was pretty good but the co owner didn't make me feel happy to work there. The managers did help with things if they could but the hours weren't where i wanted them to be.
Fun workplace with poor management
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORDecember 11, 2018
A typical day during the time period I worked was very busy. Because I started working in the summer, there was always a couple very large rushes. In my opinion there's not enough people working the drive-thru, as there were multiple times I found myself operating it alone for long periods of time. The management was also very nonprofessional and would get high before work. It was overall a fun place to work at, due to the lack of management, but it was very unprofessional.
It was a hard
Register attendant (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZDecember 11, 2018
It was a bad place to work. There was favoritism, family working together, and impossible to move up. It was never clean right and the food was old. Paid was bad.
Wonderful place to work at.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cave City, KYDecember 11, 2018
I loved working at Dairy Queen. I just needed more hours and better pay. I worked mornings and it was amazing! Crew was wonderful. Everyone is so nice at Dairy Queen.
Pros
50% off break food
Cons
N/a
overall good job
Cook (Former Employee) –  Wildersville, TN 38388December 11, 2018
I would come into work and open the kitchen up turning on all appliances and prepping all areas for the day cooking all the required foods for the morning rush.
Pros
income
Dairy Queen
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Wytheville, VADecember 11, 2018
I work for pilot that has a Dairy Queen in the travel center part. They don’t treat the employees good at all. They will take your position away and take bonuses plus your vacations days for know reason.
How it went from ok to not helpful
Floater (Current Employee) –  Manteca, CADecember 10, 2018
When I first started, it was enough for me to get by. Now I make a lot less than I used to. I don't work enough hours and don't get paid enough to help pay bills and still have enough for myself or make college loan payments. It's a good starting job, but in the long run, you may want to find another place.
Enjoyable if working with fun coworkers
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  North Augusta, SCDecember 10, 2018
I learned good people skills and how to run a cash register. Slow mostly with some rushes. Very boring/stressful if working with boring people........
wouldnt recomend
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSDecember 10, 2018
promised to have a raise for 6 months and never got one, management is terrible, but the people are friendly. always got along with my co workers, but none work there any more because of the same reasons
its a job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Trussville, ALDecember 10, 2018
its a job, but too many managers not aware of what each others doing. also, favoritism if you're pretty , or flirt with the manager in Trussville. you will not excel here
Not the greatest management
Waitress/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lyons, KSDecember 10, 2018
The management was not where it should be and it was a very judgmental environment. While working there I was trained on sight, but given a very short period of time to pick up on skills.
n/a
Cook (Former Employee) –  Hempstead, TXDecember 9, 2018
dairy queen is a great job for highschool students looking to make quick money . its not hard at all its like every other fast food place . quick and easy money
Workplace was fun.
Ice Cream Maker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60613December 9, 2018
Whenever it would get busy things would get stressful since the location is by the cubs stadium in Chicago. The customers would make it fun for me and my co-workers would lighten the mood up at the job and make it better for everyone.
Pros
Discounts, 30 minute breaks, and good management.
Cons
Rush hour would have the store entirely full and the pay was bi-weekly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dairy Queen. Our community is ready to answer.

53K

2.3

1.9Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight