Dairy Queen Employee Reviews

Found 9,453 reviews matching the search See all 10,982 reviews
cashier
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Whitesburg, KYFebruary 23, 2019
I was a waitress, cook, I also did the truck where you bring everything in the store and stock it on the shelf, I served the customer.i really enjoyed working here.
Fast-paced, but relaxed atmosphere.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCFebruary 22, 2019
I enjoyed working there. It has great management, fair wages, and flexible hours. The mall is usually empty on weekdays, so the only time we were fast-paced was on weekends. Overall, it is a really good job for a teen who is looking for a part-time job.
Pros
Good breaks, and flexible hours.
Cons
No benefits, low wages.
Great work place
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Webster Groves, MOFebruary 22, 2019
It was definitely a great work place. Fun and easy to get along with employees. The store was well maintained. Employees stayed busy. Employees were also good with keeping up with cleanliness such as hand washing.
They let anyone work there
Kitchen Worker (Former Employee) –  Marquette, MIFebruary 22, 2019
It's easy to get hired, and easy to get fired. Management is what you would expect from a franchise fast food chain, little experience or knowledge of their position and only interested in the money they are paid for their position, even if they do not perform the work. Assistant Managers were harder working and more trustworthy than the General Manager or store owner. They lacked basic communication skills and respect toward their employees.
Fun especially if you know your coworkers
Server (Former Employee) –  Windom, MNFebruary 22, 2019
It is a fun place to work. I loved working there with my best friend and other friends I made along the way. Sometimes the rushes could get crazy and stressful but mostly a pretty chill place to work.
Ok experience at Dairy Queen
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 22, 2019
Working at Dairy Queen was a good experience. The training to work there was very helpful. I usually enjoy my days at work and they were flexible with hours.
Pros
The Ice Cream
Cons
The poor management skills of the managers
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  South Williamson, KYFebruary 22, 2019
I’ve worked at different Daiey Queens since I’ve been 16, I know everything about it..by all times it is my favorite job! I lived the people I worked with also which makes a big difference
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Hard to get a day off
Fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jackson, OHFebruary 22, 2019
At my location most of the workers were young kid that were still in high school. Thus made for many difficult coworkers. However the managers understood and compensated for the young staff
Pros
discounted lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Decent work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Herrin, ILFebruary 22, 2019
The business was great, fun first job, gave me great experience as manager, taught me a lot about more than just work, small family owned business made for lots of memories
Good work enviornment
Soft serve (Former Employee) –  Paris, KYFebruary 21, 2019
I liked working here because it was laid back. Sometimes it was stressful but most of the time we had fun and we all worked as a team . There was always something to do .. you were never left with nothing to do.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Customer unsatisfaction
Poor managment
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Niles, MIFebruary 21, 2019
Most of the workers were great, but the management was poor and the scheduling was a mess. the rules f operation were also unclear and changed too often.
Fun workplace with friends
COOK/SHIFT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDFebruary 21, 2019
Learned a lot from this place, and would work there longer if I never moved. Was fun getting along with customers and associates. Get to meet new people from everywhere
Pros
Friends
Cons
New manager
Fun workplace and wonderful employee's
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  York, NEFebruary 21, 2019
when working for Dairy Queen I enjoyed the company and the amazing team members that I worked with. The managers where absolutely amazing and very helpful.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Younger School Students
Not a positive environment
Shift manager part time (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, INFebruary 21, 2019
Management does not follow protocol unless they know they are receiving an inspection or the health department is coming. Rules set in place are not followed. Employees are allowed to not complete tasks and have no consequences. Management talks down to you and talks about you behind your back. Shows favorism. Bully's people
Pros
Free meals for managers
Cons
No health care, bad management by superiors
Friendly work place
Dairy Queen Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Tullahoma, TNFebruary 21, 2019
Owners are understanding, care about their establishment. Managers are nice, GM is excellent to work with. They care about their employees and pay very well if you work hard.
Pros
Ice cream tastings, work parties, franchised
Dairy Queen Overview From My Prescriptive
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Redford, MIFebruary 21, 2019
It was most definitely a fun place to work at , especially if it was your first job .. All the workers discounts and the free stuff you would earn was cool. Restocking and refilling was the best part of the job was the best part, but can’t nothing top off making the products. At Dairy Queen, the manager and staff were to rough with you and to judgemnetal. The Manager for the Dairy Queen Didnt sit down wit me and tell me what I was doing wrong or right , she would just fuss. But hopefully they treat anybody else that works there with the high most respect , It was my first job so they started me out hard . Hopefully I won’t have to be as pressured as I was at Dairy Queen , just stay on task don’t let nothing slow you down cause they do not work at a slow pase , especially if it’s a spring//summer day.
Pros
Free Slushies, The Workers discounts, The Schedules
Cons
The Cliques At Work, Short Breaks
Working at DQ
Fast Food Worker (Former Employee) –  La Grande, ORFebruary 20, 2019
I can’t say that all of DairyQueen is bad, my manager was an absolute nightmare though. My manager knew my abuser, was friends with my abuser, and would get information about me and tell my abuser, then ended up hiring my abuser. I was forced to quit obviously....
Working in a fast fun environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDFebruary 20, 2019
Mornings at DQ are not busy but when it hits lunch (11:30 am - 2 pm) it begins to get busy. The hardest part about working there, is not trying to lose it. You have to stay positive the whole and not to lose the positive attitude. Management is okay, it depends on who's in charge that day/night.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
favoriting others
Very Understanding
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Harrison, OHFebruary 20, 2019
Everyone works together, Everyone is nice, and they are very understanding when you are sick and can't come in. They will work with your schedule. If you can only work one day a week, they will try and get you scheduled for that one day.
Average
Manager (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INFebruary 20, 2019
Good workplace, family owned. Promoted to manager at a reasonable time length. No healthcare. Vacation benefits are included. Raises are inconsistent.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dairy Queen. Our community is ready to answer.

53.1K
43.2K
32.9K

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight