Dairy Queen Employee Reviews

Found 8,596 reviews matching the search See all 10,021 reviews
daylight work while studying at night
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Murrysville, PAOctober 15, 2018
One of my favorite jobs I have ever held. I was a key holder, meaning I was trained to open and set up the store for the day 4 times a week in the morning. Running the daylight shift alongside a manager, I learned a lot of useful customer service skills, and was cross trained around the store. This is where I learned most of my experience and stayed the longest considering my pay and commute wasn't what I wanted.
Pros
free ice cream / meals, great hours, great management / training, good location
Cons
Never received a raise after a year as promised, wasn't being taken serious for management opportunities
Love dq
shift manager (Former Employee) –  Athens, TNOctober 15, 2018
I really miss my job there but do y
To unfortunant things that happen i had to leave....this is a great place to work and have fun doing it... They give the employee a chance to grow and become what they have worked for in the company...
Very busy usually, but great starter job
Floor Worker (Current Employee) –  Palmyra, PAOctober 14, 2018
A typical work day at the Dairy Queen I worked at was a lot of moving around. Not a lot of fast food places manage like DQ, I did not mind it at all though. I like how fast my day went, and I liked the crew I worked with.
Good job
Co Manager (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXOctober 14, 2018
Dairy Queen is a good place to work, they can be flexible with the schedule, and can do their best to give you the shifts you want, the pay is good as well, they start you out based on how much experience you have within the industry.
Alright work place good manager horrible owner
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Canyon Lake, TXOctober 13, 2018
Work was good fun most days just didn’t haven’t like how I was treated , I was pushed and worked and not paid anywhere near enough , and I worked a lot harder then half the crew
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Not fair pay
It was a fast-pasted, fun,and enjoyable work place.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 13, 2018
Working at Dairy Queen there probably was not a slow day out of the week and even then it was sorta busy, so i was always on my feet constantly moving around. I learned great customer service working here from management and it was an enjoyable experience.
Good job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Carthage, ILOctober 13, 2018
I liked working with most of my coworkers, and the owner was a great guy very understanding of personal and family needs! I liked having flexible hours!
Pros
good hours
Cons
clenliness can be an issue
I did not enjoy working here but it was what I needed and kept me afloat.
Dairy Queen (Former Employee) –  Northern Cambria, PAOctober 13, 2018
A typical day at work at my location was very draining. I learned how to deal with difficult people. Management was poor. Working environment was either very fun or very hostile, there was no in between. However making ice cream and making customers happy was fulfilling.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Short breaks, poor management
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  United StatesOctober 13, 2018
Working at DQ is a great job experience. It teaches you how to manage time and how to give the best quality out the window to the customers. Also, it gives teenagers the experience to serve different types of people.
Pros
Many hours
Cons
Short breaks
Dairy Queen
Dairy Queen Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, TXOctober 13, 2018
To me, Dairy Queen is where I made a lot of friends. The people were amazing and I learned how to be more mature and work as a team. I would recommend Dairy Queen to everyone who is young and is looking for their first job.
Pros
50% off food 30 mins before and after work and on breaks.
Cons
No benefits.

Want to know more about Dairy Queen?

Ask a question
Productive fast paced company
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXOctober 12, 2018
It was ok working there but there was a lot of kids who played around often and management did nothing about it, which made it kind of difficult to work. For high school kids perfect job but anyone in there mid twenties and up I wouldn’t recommend
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Poor management
I enjoyed the ride
Dairy Queen Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Ashland, KYOctober 12, 2018
It had its ups and downs but the General manager at the time really isn't the best general manager hes kinda lazy and its so hard to get full time I had it but something happened with me trying to get another job and they cut my hours and gave my fulltime away which I was intending to leave so I understand but I ended up having to stay and I lost all my hours which really hurt my pay check by A LOT but its relaxed for the most part every other manager besides the Gm was aweomse the people I worked with ill remember and be friends with for a long time a lot of great memoires from here!
Not a comfortable workplace
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXOctober 12, 2018
Poor management, lots of favoritism takes place, the air was out during the summer, equipment always breaks, manager is always yelling at employees in front of customers.
Dairy Queen is a good place for a first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Collinsville, ILOctober 12, 2018
Although my ratings say otherwise, I felt DQ was a good job for me to begin my work career because of the high pressures of the job. It made me learn fast and I took things I learned into every other job since.
Great experience
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAOctober 12, 2018
I enjoyed working on a team. Everyone had positive attitudes and great team spirits. My load was never too much or too less. I would gladly recommend it to a friend.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAOctober 12, 2018
Management and corporate make it an easy place to work. Corporate allows stores to help decide what works and doesn’t. Gives to charitable causes making you feel it has a purpose
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Fast food jobs are never the best
Productive and fun.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAOctober 12, 2018
Each day had its own challenges and successes. When customers lined up and the pressure was on everyone pulled through and proved to be the best they could be with minimal issue.
Dairy Queen has fast hours and slow hours. The management was helpful.
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 12, 2018
At Dairy Wueen the pace went from fast to slow back fast. it all depended on the hours of the day. Working schedules were made and typically you could try and get it around your schedule, that's because they had the workers to work around your schedule. While workig there i got less hours, this wasnt okay because i couldn't live off the amount that i was making for the few hours a week they had me working.
Pros
Fast and Slow pace working
Cons
Low hours
Productive and fun atmosphere
Manager (Former Employee) –  Celina, TNOctober 12, 2018
A typical day at work included working with fellow employees, maintaining a safe and clean environment, handling customer complaints, counting drawers, working drive thru, reporting any problems to GM, and closing store. The hardest part of the job was truck day and maintaining a clean store (back and lobby).
Pros
Management position
Cons
Sometimes demanding
wonderful place
SHIFT LEAD SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaOctober 12, 2018
This was my first job and I have yet to leave. I have been there for ten years and have worked my way up to Assistant Manager in those ten years. It is a really fun job, although with the changing in the way high schoolers work today compared to ten years ago, it is much different and more challenging. Today's high schoolers want to do the minimum work and do not want to work often.
Pros
Free food
Cons
no benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dairy Queen. Our community is ready to answer.

52.9K
43K
32.7K

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight