Dairy Queen Employee Reviews

Found 8,045 reviews matching the search See all 9,385 reviews
Loved it!!!
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Monticello, GAAugust 18, 2018
It is an amazing company to work for no the don't give you the options of benefits at the bottom of the totem pole but the managers were great along with the owners my bosswas the best boss I've ever had.

You have to be quick on your feet and have knowledge of every job there because you might need to help others with their job as well.
It is a great place to work if you are just starting out as a teen or if you are an adult it is a very diverse company to work for.
Friendly work enviroment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Harrison, OHAugust 18, 2018
Its not a bad place to work. If your in school or need little amounts of hours. I need a place with more hours due to bills. If your in high school or just need a couple extra dollars its a good job good boss.
Dairy queen
Back line (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYAugust 18, 2018
A typical day at work for me was to open.I would start by putting the biscuit in the oven then I would start to cook sausage and bacon and folded eggs then I would make gravy then by this time the second person would clock in and take over where they where placed that day.I would have my 10 then at 930 we would start to prepare for lunch also making orders through this time all 30 min breaks were done by 1130 before getting off everything was to be cleaned and stocked that was a day at dairy queen.
Pros
Meals half off and ice cream
Cons
standing on feet for 8 hours or longer
Ok
Rowlett, TX (Former Employee) –  Rowlett, TXAugust 18, 2018
It was a nice company, stressful at time the manager was ok.
The pros of course was free food, they where very understanding very helpful in the time of need
Understaffed
dicing and other food prep (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXAugust 17, 2018
The restaraunt is consistantly understaffed and staff is under compensated. Work hours are inconsistant. If business doesn't improve the store is in danger of closing!
alright
Chill, service (Former Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXAugust 17, 2018
had a pretty rough manager but its all good. Im notb going to lie I dont remember it very well. I worked there a couple months and it was a while ago.
Bad management
Cook (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, KYAugust 17, 2018
Terrible management and no raises or job advancement. Always had to stay past scheduled time off. Low paychecks every two weeks. Not paid good enough.
Cons
Bad management, low pay
The best place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  WaucondaAugust 17, 2018
Dairy Queen is a fun slow paced working environment. Not too many people work at my location, and you become close friends with all of the people who work here
Pros
Free ice cream
Cons
Long pay periods
Good workplace very relaxed and cool people
Cook/Prep/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Portage, INAugust 17, 2018
Dairy queen had there ups and downs but the work place was very kind and friendly.We put are differences to the side and worked together as a team as a job should do.
dairy queen
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 17, 2018
i learn to communicate in front and kitchen. You will learn alot of things in dairy queen but the most thing is to be fast because is a fast-paced place....
Exceptional for a first job.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Canby, MNAugust 17, 2018
Certainly not a career but good for a starting job, however, location is indeed everything. If fast food is your forte I would recommend this job or if you enjoy engaging with customers during busy hours.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Heat and pace
Dairy Queen had an amazing manager when I worked there. They were very helpful.
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, TXAugust 17, 2018
I had an amazing manager when I worked at Dairy Queen that taught me everything there is to know about becoming a manager and what to expect. I was proud to be the manager figure when I needed to be.
Dairy queen
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  West Liberty, KYAugust 16, 2018
Was a good environment to be around. Great atmosphere and a well driven company. Dedicated to serving their customers with a smile. All employees worked well together.
Fast and friendly workplace
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, MIAugust 16, 2018
You make desert treats for customers while during the day deep cleaning the store. Friendly environment with great people to work with. Management was stern but follow what is said and everything else is smooth.
Pros
Discounted ice cream
Cons
Strict boss
Everyone gets along
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Farragut, TNAugust 16, 2018
Everyone gets along, we often get behind but we get brought back to speed. There are times people come and go, but there are people who stay and make the workplace a better one
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Phones
A good starting job
Shift leader (Former Employee) –  Picayune, MSAugust 16, 2018
A liked working at Dairy Queen and after some time I got regular hours and could get days off that I needed with respect but like most starting jobs eventually the money won’t be enough
Pros
Flexible hours and not very much hard labor
Cons
Low payment
fun place
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Lavale, MDAugust 16, 2018
I enjoyed working here i knew a few people i have known for a long time so that was nice i also like the food a good deal so i like that a lot as well.
Pros
paid time off
Cons
short breaks
Worst job ever
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MSAugust 16, 2018
If you like terrible managers, low pay, little hours, and a toxic environment then Dairy Queen is the right job for you I have had the worst work experience here and will never go back to fast food because of it
Pros
Discount
Cons
Low pay, little hours, terrible managers
Busy but relaxed
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fremont, NEAugust 15, 2018
Manager was very cool and relaxed when I worked there and would help when it got busy, new manager would not help during rush hour and was very rude, always brought her kids in to get in our way, other then that it’s fun fun people and you can be yourself and still have fun on the job, flexible hours
Pros
Staff, fun, flexible
Fun work place.
Crew Member / Trainer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 15, 2018
I love working at DQ. The owners are awesome. They are willing to work with you. It is a wonderful first job. There are a lot of teens working there but, they are all amazing. Fast pace work environment.