Daisy Farms

Daisy Farms Employee Reviews

Productive work place
My days work would start at 8 a.m. in the morning. I would carry out work order instructions by my boss until five or six in the afternoon. I learned to be a hardworking person. The hardest part of the job was working under hot heat weather.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
healthcare
Working with cows is fun
They promise advancment, but when one asks to move to a diff part of the farm they want you to be the master of one not a jack of all trades. The over all moral was good. If you get hurt as soon as you get released back to work unrestricted they fire you while still on worker's compensation.
Pros
Long lunches
Cons
Once you start the process doesn't stop till the job is done
A place where merit is not noticed
There is too much bias concerning the shifts. Where you should be rewarded for the amount of effort and work ethic you have, it is only replaced with higher standards without praise. The job culture has little to no concern with student workers, even though students are promised to have their schedule accommodated with their education in mind. It creates little motivation to work and resentment toward others in this already hostile work environment.
Pros
Health insurance and double pay on holidays
Cons
No overtime, short breaks, heavy work bias and lazy vehicle maintenance.
Cut throat environment with little respect for employees
If desiring to work at daisy farms on the health team, be prepared to work long hours and in multiple departments. There are several protocols in place, however, little attention is paid to these. Thus making it very hard to understand the parameters of your job.
The job is very hard labor, but if hard-work is not an issue I advise to take the job. It's well worth it! the job work life/ balance is kind of offset, but you get what you get when it comes to any job.
Productive and great learning experience
While at daisy farms I got the chance to extend my farming skills. i got a chance to work hard and stay busy through out the day.
Work enviroment is very relaxed and productive
I have learned how to hire good teammembers that add value to their jobs and the farm. I perform evaluations on all 9 of my direct reports. I insure protocols are being followed. I work with all departments to achieve daily projects are successful.
Pros
Relaxed atmospher
Cons
treatment of cows
Good Place to Work
first you start off the day by clocking in and then gathering your partners and then loading into a truck and heading over to the first work area but before that you gather your propane tanks for the day
next you grab the wash truck switch out propane tanks if needed

after completing that you look at your schedule for what needs to be cleaned that day then you head over to that work area

when you reach your work area you begin by moving cows out ofthe pen that needs to be cleaned

then grab a scraper and scrape the manure off the bed and from the curb wall

then grab the leave blower and blow the loose dry manure from the beds

roll out hoses and hook up to water facets

prewash the pen

powerwash beds and curbs, crossovers, curb walls and feed walls

poles and gates if needed

after you finished powerwashing dry the beds

pull hoses from pen

move cows back into pen

dump and clean water troughs

move on to next pen on schedule

when its close to time after completing a task/tasks you take your first 15 minute break then begin work again

around 11 am roll up and head back over to break area to take one hour lunch

after lunch is over head back over to the work area you were at and continue working on the days schedule

around 3 pm roll up and head over to the first work area again and clean it for the remaining hour and wash the work truck

at for head back over to the break area clock out and call it a day.

I learned how to operate a powerwashing machine and how to maintain working at a quick steady pace

Everything was pretty easy after you got the hang of it
 - more...
Pros
Hour Lunch Break plus two15 minute breaks
Cons
Untrustworthy co-workers