Dal-Tile Employee Reviews

Excellent Employer
PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Dickson, TNSeptember 13, 2018
Excellent place to work, very collaborative and valued input from all members of the team. I highly recommend this employer to others. Only draw back was that I was part of a start up so the work/life balance was not very good.
good
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89118September 7, 2018
no real problems

typical work day and the people were great.

Really no room for advancement but they are good at letting you know what your job role was
good company
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 5, 2018
good place to work and have a five day work week not a three day work week. more open opportunity to the one that want to learn or more up potions great people
Good job
Design Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 5, 2018
job not set on selling.
great client relationships
learned a lot about hard surfaces
wholesale only, no outside sales
opportunity for advancement if willing to relocate
Enter At Your Own Risk!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTAugust 26, 2018
The daily workday fluctuates. I have learned there is no guidance of how to work in the environment or with management. You would happen to take it upon yourself to mirror and study the actions that are taken with any particular situation or customer. Nothing is consistent. Like a young deer, alone in a Forrest, fending for itself.
Store front is a disguise to what lies behind it. Sadly, even the parent company avoids getting involved if there are troubles. If I could put less than one star I would.
Pros
Free Parking and No weekends.
Cons
Under staffing is bad. Store manager needs to be trained (I can't say re-trained).
Productive and Fun place to work!
Sales Representative / Showroom Sales (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 13, 2018
Facilitated product training, while assisting clients with showroom, design, and set up. Conducted job inspections, and
oversaw national buying group maintenance and service. Utilized varying marketing techniques, including cold calling
to drive sales. Provided leadership and cross-functional support to daily operations of Stone Slab showroom. Directly
coordinated with warehousing, purchasing, and customer service departments.
Under direct leadership, the Denver stone center achieved a record of $2.25 million in monthly sales in 2006, and a
20% sales increase that year, while servicing upwards of 100 clients per day.
warehouse job in construction
Customer Service Associate II (Former Employee) –  Eldersburg, MDAugust 12, 2018
I drove forklifts, shipped and received materials, and helped contractors load up orders. Can be physically demanding and requires attention to detail, even early in the morning or late in the day.
I enjoyed working with people
Human Resources Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dickson, TNAugust 8, 2018
I really enjoyed working with the people. They were the best group of co-workers. Felt like a team member at all times around my co-workers and was part of a great team!
Outstanding managment
Warehouse Supervisor/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Terrell, TXAugust 3, 2018
Overall very nice place to work positive work experienceTreated very well Understanding supervisionClean work environment.A very laid back environment
Loading Lines
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 2, 2018
Job was to stack tile onto lines. Being a woman they underestimated my ability to keep up with two lines on my own. 4 weeks later im out the door. Why? Because i feel treated unfairly, supervisors never took the time to even introduce themselves because im sure they felt i wouldnt last. They didnt train me on anything new, just a bunch of expectations with no instruction or guidance. This totally killed my interest in the job.
Pros
Great first shift hours
Cons
Uncontrolled warehouse, lack of water and cups, supervisors attitude
Not a Career
Operator (Current Employee) –  Dickson, TNJuly 29, 2018
Lack of opportunity. Bad work schedule. 6-7 days a week and swing shifts monthly. Mediocre pay. Terrible Management! I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.
don't work here it sucks. greasy manager/hr
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Gettysburg, PAJuly 17, 2018
Daltile Gettysburg sucks. take my advice and choose another place of employment. The manager and hr are like grimy politicians. You will not like working there. Most of their best employees have already left and the remainder are on their way. But if you really need aa job they will hire you they're desperate
Pros
I hate this place
Cons
management. dirty. slavery
Productive and fun working environment
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 14, 2018
Good company to work for treats everyone fairly, good benefits, good pay,. Management listen to employees, great safety program., also great training for OSHA, CPR.
Pros
Giveaways
Cons
Healthcare
The facility closed in 2012
Systems Operator (Former Employee) –  Olean, NYJuly 9, 2018
Dal Tile was a nice place to work. There was a very friendly environment there and the pay was decent. The Olean, NY facility closed its doors in Dec. 2012 though and I had to find new employment.
Great internship
Financial Analyst -Intern (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 6, 2018
Loved working there for my internship and would highly recommend it. The management is very structure and cares about your development. To move upward within the company you will likely have to move
Management is terrible
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Gettysburg, PAJuly 4, 2018
There is too much drama with management. The company is not well run on the lower management level. Always short staffed. You must be someone's pet to advance.
IT Contractor
IT Contractor (Former Employee) –  HQ, South DallasJuly 3, 2018
Daltile is a really nice place to work. lots of pretty happy people. the place is always ranked as one of the best places in Dallas to work. Good benefits, generally competent management.

Not a bad gig if you can get it.

The Headquarters is sort of remote for Dallas, but not too bad.
Pros
Good atmosphere & culture
Cons
HQ is not in the ritzy part of town...
Very poor no comunication at all, is urgent osha neet to go at this location 359 clay rd
Seletion operator (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, TXJuly 3, 2018
They make you work 12 hours straight do not provide you clean water ,all the employees have to take there own water, and when you tell them there answer is we haven't get the results yet.if you got injury they don't care they presure you to quick your job.
Pros
Non
Cons
Non
Dal-Tile life
SHOWROOM CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 2, 2018
The workplace culture was of a team. In large part, the contribution of each member made the store very successful. We had a limited amount of staff, but each knew their role and performed above and beyond that role. Daily we crossed over to one another's role to get to the finish line.

Management was confident in staff members, and was accessible on a moment to moment /daily basis.

I learned that staying abreast of product knowledge and necessary new processes made the flow of daily business simple. Being proactive also makes work easier overall.

Daily traffic was high on a constant basis, requiring over 10,000 steps. It was a great atmosphere, with the ability of helping others to gather materials toward making their dreams come true.

The hardest part of the job was the limitation of sources required to fulfill the sample requests by clients, which they needed to approve the material.

I enjoyed the variety of each day, no day was the same!
Pros
Fun events with vendors and designers.
Cons
Short staffed. Did not get the PK meetings that other departments were able to attend.
Stressful
Operator/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Dickson, TNJune 18, 2018
I worked on the glaze line. You basically have to beg for breaks. I worked 12 hour swing shifts. You swing back and forth from days to nights every 6 weeks. You don't have a family life at all if you work here. The only good thing about it was the money.