Dal-Tile Employee Reviews

Worst job ive ever had
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Dickson, TNFebruary 13, 2019
Biggest joke that's ever hit Dickson TN worked there allmost 3 years alot of double minded people could never get a brake had to work 6 weeks days 6 weeks night made less money working nights as well where does that make since and the upper management seems to only care about numbers and them selfs would not recommend this place to anyone
Pros
Cons
No brakes 6 weeks days 6 weeks nights
Great Place
Quality Manager (Current Employee) –  Florence, ALFebruary 11, 2019
I am a current employee, The group I work with with is Great. I feel that the Management is connected to the floor personal and want to help ant way possible.
Great Factory
Packing Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Lewisport, KYFebruary 8, 2019
Dal-Tile is a great factory to work for if you like hard work. Machines constantly break down and you are encouraged to fix them yourself, but let maintenance do the repair first and try to learn from them before attempting your own repairs. You're producing tile, its heavy and sharp, so it does alot of damage to moving parts over time.

There is little to no communication throughout the factory, if you need something done, more often than not, you will have to do it yourself.

The best part of daltile is the work schedule. You make the same amount as working a full 5 day week, but in 3 days. So you have a lot of time off to enjoy yourself.
Pros
Days worked vs days off. Lots to learn which can apply to other jobs in life.
Cons
Machines Constantly break.
Fast paced always something to do
FORK LIFT/ GLAZELINE OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 30, 2019
Disorganized, lots of turnaround on personnel, undermanned, I like the work schedule 6 hours than three 12 hour shifts and than 3and a half days off, people friendly equipment consistently has problems and low tech
Pros
Working hours
Cons
To much work not enough workers
Great place to work for young people.
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 22, 2019
Easy place to work at for young people and even some older people with little to know bills. Various shifts but the 5am - 3pm seemed to be the best shift due to not a lot of overtime unless it was volunteer. Usually started pre-shift around 5:15am every morning sometimes sooner. Work flowed real easy when supervisors weren't breathing down your neck. Do your job and go home.
Pros
Easy and good pay
Cons
Lack of advancment
Fast Paced
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, TXJanuary 20, 2019
It was ok, It was a fast paced job vary stressful,It was run by a European company. They didn't recognize our holiday's and very danger's to work for..
Pros
Good people
Cons
language
Depends
Ball mill operator (Current Employee) –  Dickson, TNJanuary 17, 2019
Depends depending on what your doin depends on how the job is and the people your with makes all the difference can be bad or good Iv had better experience before I move departments there
Unfortunate our plant closed
Machine Attendant (Former Employee) –  Olean, NYJanuary 10, 2019
It was good place to work. The work was fast paced and production oriented. Co workers rocked. Management was good too. Very good benefits and paid vacations.
Terrific - Top-notch organization!!!
Regional Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 10, 2018
Top-notch organization with a fast paced, ever changing business climate due to the market place. Very capable executive leadership that stay in touch all levels of the organization.
Deal thing
Business Unit Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 4, 2018
Constructive feedback at the right time. Performance review software. Get a demo. Employee Engagement. People Analytics. Facilitate Conversations. Performance Management. Build a Feedback Culture. Drive Employee Success. Features: Real-Time Feedback, Goal Management.
Average customer service job
Team leader (Current Employee) –  Cranbury, NJNovember 30, 2018
Typical customer service job where when the customer is unhappy or unable to find exactly what you want, it'll cause stress. Some of my coworkers are very unhelpful and I often have to pick up their slack albeit the manager already being aware of the situation.
Excellent Team Work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 30, 2018
The support network was excellent. There is a large network of professional and resources at your disposal to assist you with the challenges that are met on a daly bases.
Fun Workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VANovember 28, 2018
This was a fast pace company. Every day was busy for us and I enjoyed every minute of it. Learning new tile material and how to lay tile was exciting.

The work environment was like working with family even though we were not related.
unorganized poorly ran company
Warehouse Associate Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Harahan, LANovember 28, 2018
The worst work environment I ever had the deal with. Management wasn't helpful as for as the needs for the employees. work was unorganized and poorly planned
Pros
Free Lunch once a Month
Cons
no drinks in hot weather
Good Company with management structural issues
Environmental, Health and Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 8, 2018
The work structure throughout the facility was fun and communicable. The Safety and Environmental Team was solid from top to bottom and willing to assist as needed.
Top Management was difficult to develop due to set-structural hierarchy and didn't want change or influence from above.
Pros
The people
Cons
Limited flexibility
Great Internship
Safety Intern (Former Employee) –  Florence, ALOctober 31, 2018
I had a great mentor. He helped me advance my career and still keeps in contact with me today. the facility was dusty but it was a great place to work.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Very hostile work environment- cut throat leadership
Man (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, TXOctober 24, 2018
This is the worst company to work for!! I would not recommend working at Dal-tile to anyone. The mangers have no direction and write you up for everything with no warnings! They have a zero policy on time and attendance- meaning if you clock in 1 min past your time it's a point and this is how they fire people. If you try to go talk to HR they will tell you they dont have time for you and you must make an appt. It is unorganized, poorly managed, there is a lack of leadership the environment is extremely hostile and aggressive. I strongly do not advise anyone apply for this company.
Pros
Cons
Aggresive hostile work environment no leadership zero tolerance policy for time
dissappointing culture, very exclusive
Territory Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 18, 2018
in need of new culture that promotes advancement and employee productivity. Most employess were not inviting and helpful. You are left to figure it out.
It was a great place to work. Great co workers and great managers.
packer (Former Employee) –  Olean, NYOctober 17, 2018
Overall great company. Very understanding when it comes to family emergencies. I would work here again if they opened back up! I was paid very well for my job. It was a physical job but pretty easy. Benefits were also very good.
Fast paced
Kiln Operator (Current Employee) –  Gettysburg, PAOctober 15, 2018
Great pay for the area in which the company is located. Insurance bebefits could be better. Great commerodery with coworkers and management. Schedule in the kiln department could be better.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Health insurance benefits