Dal-Tile Employee Reviews

Good Company with management structural issues
Environmental, Health and Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 8, 2018
The work structure throughout the facility was fun and communicable. The Safety and Environmental Team was solid from top to bottom and willing to assist as needed.
Top Management was difficult to develop due to set-structural hierarchy and didn't want change or influence from above.
Pros
The people
Cons
Limited flexibility
Great Internship
Safety Intern (Former Employee) –  Florence, ALOctober 31, 2018
I had a great mentor. He helped me advance my career and still keeps in contact with me today. the facility was dusty but it was a great place to work.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Very hostile work environment- cut throat leadership
Man (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, TXOctober 24, 2018
This is the worst company to work for!! I would not recommend working at Dal-tile to anyone. The mangers have no direction and write you up for everything with no warnings! They have a zero policy on time and attendance- meaning if you clock in 1 min past your time it's a point and this is how they fire people. If you try to go talk to HR they will tell you they dont have time for you and you must make an appt. It is unorganized, poorly managed, there is a lack of leadership the environment is extremely hostile and aggressive. I strongly do not advise anyone apply for this company.
Pros
Cons
Aggresive hostile work environment no leadership zero tolerance policy for time
dissappointing culture, very exclusive
Territory Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 18, 2018
in need of new culture that promotes advancement and employee productivity. Most employess were not inviting and helpful. You are left to figure it out.
It was a great place to work. Great co workers and great managers.
packer (Former Employee) –  Olean, NYOctober 17, 2018
Overall great company. Very understanding when it comes to family emergencies. I would work here again if they opened back up! I was paid very well for my job. It was a physical job but pretty easy. Benefits were also very good.
Fast paced
Kiln Operator (Current Employee) –  Gettysburg, PAOctober 15, 2018
Great pay for the area in which the company is located. Insurance bebefits could be better. Great commerodery with coworkers and management. Schedule in the kiln department could be better.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Health insurance benefits
no raises
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 11, 2018
In the last 6 years, never received a single raise even those performance exceded expectations. Love my co workers and friendships I made while working there
Pros
good co workers
Cons
no raises, changes to insurance rates
National Dealer Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 4, 2018
Daltile has a good culture and positive work place. Everyone works hard and is rewarded. They care about their employees and let you know in the way of appreciation week every year.
Excellent Employer
PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Dickson, TNSeptember 13, 2018
Excellent place to work, very collaborative and valued input from all members of the team. I highly recommend this employer to others. Only draw back was that I was part of a start up so the work/life balance was not very good.
good
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89118September 7, 2018
no real problems

typical work day and the people were great.

Really no room for advancement but they are good at letting you know what your job role was
good company
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 5, 2018
good place to work and have a five day work week not a three day work week. more open opportunity to the one that want to learn or more up potions great people
Good job
Design Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 5, 2018
job not set on selling.
great client relationships
learned a lot about hard surfaces
wholesale only, no outside sales
opportunity for advancement if willing to relocate
Enter At Your Own Risk!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTAugust 26, 2018
The daily workday fluctuates. I have learned there is no guidance of how to work in the environment or with management. You would happen to take it upon yourself to mirror and study the actions that are taken with any particular situation or customer. Nothing is consistent. Like a young deer, alone in a Forrest, fending for itself.
Store front is a disguise to what lies behind it. Sadly, even the parent company avoids getting involved if there are troubles. If I could put less than one star I would.
Pros
Free Parking and No weekends.
Cons
Under staffing is bad. Store manager needs to be trained (I can't say re-trained).
Productive and Fun place to work!
Sales Representative / Showroom Sales (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 13, 2018
Facilitated product training, while assisting clients with showroom, design, and set up. Conducted job inspections, and
oversaw national buying group maintenance and service. Utilized varying marketing techniques, including cold calling
to drive sales. Provided leadership and cross-functional support to daily operations of Stone Slab showroom. Directly
coordinated with warehousing, purchasing, and customer service departments.
Under direct leadership, the Denver stone center achieved a record of $2.25 million in monthly sales in 2006, and a
20% sales increase that year, while servicing upwards of 100 clients per day.
warehouse job in construction
Customer Service Associate II (Former Employee) –  Eldersburg, MDAugust 12, 2018
I drove forklifts, shipped and received materials, and helped contractors load up orders. Can be physically demanding and requires attention to detail, even early in the morning or late in the day.
I enjoyed working with people
Human Resources Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dickson, TNAugust 8, 2018
I really enjoyed working with the people. They were the best group of co-workers. Felt like a team member at all times around my co-workers and was part of a great team!
Outstanding managment
Warehouse Supervisor/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Terrell, TXAugust 3, 2018
Overall very nice place to work positive work experienceTreated very well Understanding supervisionClean work environment.A very laid back environment
Loading Lines
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 2, 2018
Job was to stack tile onto lines. Being a woman they underestimated my ability to keep up with two lines on my own. 4 weeks later im out the door. Why? Because i feel treated unfairly, supervisors never took the time to even introduce themselves because im sure they felt i wouldnt last. They didnt train me on anything new, just a bunch of expectations with no instruction or guidance. This totally killed my interest in the job.
Pros
Great first shift hours
Cons
Uncontrolled warehouse, lack of water and cups, supervisors attitude
Not a Career
Operator (Current Employee) –  Dickson, TNJuly 29, 2018
Lack of opportunity. Bad work schedule. 6-7 days a week and swing shifts monthly. Mediocre pay. Terrible Management! I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.
don't work here it sucks. greasy manager/hr
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Gettysburg, PAJuly 17, 2018
Daltile Gettysburg sucks. take my advice and choose another place of employment. The manager and hr are like grimy politicians. You will not like working there. Most of their best employees have already left and the remainder are on their way. But if you really need aa job they will hire you they're desperate
Pros
I hate this place
Cons
management. dirty. slavery