DAL Global Services Employee Reviews for Supervisor

Found 30 reviews matching the search See all 1,212 reviews
Bad and unprofessional management the whole operation is a big mess
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  College Park, GAAugust 2, 2019
Management is so unprofessional you have to wonder who is in charge of the operation on a day to day basis.Run away from this job you have been warned
Not so good anymore
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Eglin AFB, FLJuly 19, 2019
Since argenbright bought Dgs it has been chaotic. Benefits changed after a promise to keep everything as it is for the first year. People hired before the announced date found out a month later they have to pay to fly. The stations under argenbright are severely understaffed. Wages so low in some places you can’t afford to fly. Other airlines pay more
Pros
Cheaper flights
Cons
Can’t get on a flight too full
Great local Management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 10, 2019
The pay is so bad its amazing they can get anybody to work there. No longer offer flight benefits. It's amazing that the wheel chair pushers and airport restaurant employees make more money than the airline DGS workers.
Pros
Supervisors and Managers
Cons
Pay
Overworked, underpaid, and Understaffed
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 4, 2019
The employees, for whom I have great admiration, are overworked, underpaid, and understaffed. They don't get any vacation time unless they reach the supervisor level. Management doesn't care even a little bit about them. They are responsible for the lives of the passengers and the safety of the aircraft but make only minimum wage. I haven't seen any raises in over two years. Individuals are not judged by their own work or merit and are kept at pay for an entire level. It's unusual if even the cost of living in an area is taken into account. Most employees are working insane amounts of overtime and/or multiple jobs. The flight benefits prior to the merger were good, but now even people on buddy passes will be assigned a seat before an active employee. It's also difficult to take advantage of the benefits if you can afford to take time off work. People don't leave work; they leave bad management and environments.
Pros
Coworkers, working with aircraft
Cons
terrible pay and uncaring company
They don’t care about the employees
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 21, 2019
No training and you are over worked. A lot of favoritism. They took over the contract in October but still today it’s very unorganized and confusing. Don’t do it you’ll be very unhappy.
Pros
Cons
You can’t travel because you work five days a week. Lack of good leadership and training.
Worst place to work for.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, alNovember 25, 2018
Management does not support the staff. The ramp staff gets minimal wage for hard labor work and working outside. Very high turnover. Poor communication.
Pros
Free flights
Cons
Expensive healthcare and short staffed
Unprofessionalism in many ways
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  BtvSeptember 8, 2018
I was excited for my journey with DGS. Sadly the culture is bad. Morale is awful and they keep letting a poison run the show. Managment needs to wake up they lose good people.
Pros
Flight benefits
Cons
Hours and leadership
The agents are awesome employees
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORJuly 11, 2018
You job is never secured, manager doesn’t have time to learn state laws, a lot of favoritism and no attendance policy, certain supervisors get away with anything even not making it home on time for their shift from a trip also there is no communication. After suspending a supervisor the manager takes a week off and then leaves the next.
Pros
The staff that works there are great agents
Cons
A lot of favoritism goes on
If you love Aviation, try it out
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New Bern, NCJune 2, 2018
This is a fast paced environment. Safety is paramount and stressed daily. You get to work with some amazing people and become close as a family. If you do your job, and show up for work on time, you will have no problems. Stay on top of training, and excel with your job skills and you can advance within the company. Keep a positive attitude, even when things get stressful. Always work as a team.
Pros
Free travel on Delta, Challenging work environment
hard work with great pay
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 24, 2018
Loved this job....worked with a great crew... manager was a bit mean, but has since been removed... so the company takes things very serious. Get flight benefits
You get to Fly for free
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 21, 2018
This could be a SOLID Company to work for and the Opportunities could be so Great, It all starts with the Leaders and the Upper management So goes the Coach so goes the TEAM. So goes the captain so goes the SHIP.

Actions Speak LOUDER than words.
Pros
Fly for free
Cons
10 to 12 hours of sitting
Flight benefits not worth it
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTFebruary 25, 2018
No company loyalty toward employees
Extremely low pay compared to the level of training and dangerous nature of the job
Revolving door of employees and managers
Unrealistic goals and expectations (our station was the number one station in the company and we still didn't make goal)
One of the most dangerous jobs in the country
Management at all levels lack integrity
Pros
Delta Flight Benefits
Cons
Low pay, disposable workforce culture, dangerous work, all environment work
DalGlobal
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 10, 2018
Enjoyed my time working for this company. It was competitive pay at the time in the market that I was in. The job was fast paced and very
physical.
daily routine
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 24, 2017
At work I would punch in and sit down at the computer. I would look up the bookings and delays for the flights that day. I than would schedule where people Job duties were for that day. Once I got set up and had everything ready I would head outside and get things ready for the plane arrival. I would work flights contact ramp or ticket counter agents on where to go or what to do depending on delays. I was. the shift supervisor so my routine varied depending on what went wrong that day. If everything was on time and no customer complaints my job went smoothly. If damage to aircraft or agents got hurt I would out reports. So it really was based upon what happened through out my shift. If anything delayed I have had to stay 6 hours passed my shift.
Pros
free flight benefits
Cons
poor pay, never knew when you were going home.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 20, 2017
Constantly worked under staffed in a fast paced environment. Pay was terrible for the job requirements. Good benefit package with 3 weeks of paid vacation.
Upper Management is ridiculous
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORApril 24, 2017
Management does not support the Supervisors, Leads, or other agents. They expect way too much for the amount of pay. It is almost impossible to get any of the equipment fixed, which makes it very hard to do your job. The turn over rate is terrible with inadequate training for new hires.
Pros
Flight benefits (if you ever get to use them)
Cons
If your in a leadership position you get no breaks and to much stress
Supervisor
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Erlanger, KYApril 4, 2017
• Knowing and educating the company's policies and procedures
• Completed Supervisor training.
• Being effective, consistent, and fair with all decisions made.
• Managing time to meet productivity, quantity and quality.
Fast paced work environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNDecember 26, 2016
Ok job at times but during the cold weather season it becomes a very challenging place to work. As a supervisor I was in the middle of dealing with upper management and agents as far as dealing with work related issues and problems. During the nicer weather times the job is very laid back and with the good weather the flights go smoothly and on time. Some people were easy going but there were a few individuals that weren't team players but as a supervisor I dealt with them to make things go smoothly through out the day.
Pros
30 minute mandatory lunch and free flying.
Cons
extended shifts due to bad weather or maintenance.
I enjoy the customer service side of the business
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 26, 2016
I enjoy most of my co-workers. A typical work day is assist with checking in for flights, boarding a flight, and bag checks. Management is high strung. The hardest part of the job is being in 6 places at one time. The most enjoyable is being able to put a smile on the passengers face.
Pros
Free flight benefits
Cons
Stressful
here for the flights
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 19, 2016
would not recommend this company for any professional advancement. pay structure is minimal and caps at below national average. High stress, underpaid, lacking leadership,