DAL Global Services Employee Reviews

Found 1,169 reviews matching the search See all 1,213 reviews
Job Experience
Mail Agent (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 4, 2019
Needs a little in the company but it is beneficial to many who need something temporarily. Benefits could be great help for workers. I feel the job is too physical to not have firm benefits.
Pros
Great work performance
Cons
Benefits and pay
Understaffed and Underpaid
Passenger Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 3, 2019
Working in aviation can be exciting; however working for this company it's stressful and the resources are limited. It's a subsidiary company of major airlines and the comparison in pay and benefits to those doing the same job is vastly different.
Pros
n/a
Cons
underpaid
Favortism
DGS Cabin Agent (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 2, 2019
One day, we were told we could only have natural hair colors in our head. A girl with blond and was told to take it out by 2 supervisors even though it's a natural color. Another had green and they told him to take it out the first time and did. The second time, they said nothing to him. Other folks wear the type of red that's not natural at all. Nothing is said to them.
A lady was told not to wear her shorts below her knees and yet a guy wore them.
We can't wear scarfs. No leggings. No jeans even though most wear them.
Why does hair color matter if we should be seen by Delta Drivers driving around. They can't see us as good at night if we have alot of dark colors on even though we have reflective vests.
I just see favoritism at this job and a lot of the employees have bad attitudes if they don't like you for whatever reason. They judge before they get to know you.
It's like high school.
Benefits
Cons
Short Breaks, Overworked, Get off Late, Low Pay, Bad Coworkers
Bad experience
Operations Agent (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 2, 2019
I worked under the DGS contractor for another airline and I was NOT a fan what so ever. The people I worked with never wanted to work, the management never seemed to care too much, and I felt like I was the only person that actually got the job because I wanted to work.
Pros
If you want to move up in the company management usually tries to help .
Cons
Management was too loose.
Some benefits left after buyout from Argenbright.
Ramp Agent/Agent In Charge(AIC) (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 1, 2019
If you decide to work for DGS, do it because you want travel benefits. If you want the job for money, don’t take it. Coworkers that slack on the job are not held accountable.
Pros
Free flights.
Fun
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaMay 29, 2019
Fun place. Nice people. Net good people and made new friend. Handle a lot of people in terms of rebooking passengers and pirates ones as well. Mat a log of new people from all around the world.
Not suitable
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas Lovefield AirportMay 29, 2019
Do not apply to work here unless you don’t mind working on your own with no support from management and other agents. There’s just too much drama and backstabbing in this company. Top manager lost all respect from his staff because he’s too much of a friend than a boss. This DGS , Lovefield Airport, Dallas Texas
interesting place to work
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 29, 2019
Truth is the company was an interesting company to work with. I would personally never work for them again a company i would personally stay away from.
Do not waste your time, dgs what a joke
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMay 27, 2019
Do not waste your time with this company, they don’t care about you, they don’t value you. You put up with a lot and starting pay is 9.00 bucks, flight previlage is nice if you can actually get on the flight, management is the biggest joke ever they don’t care about anything unless the planes leave out on the time. You can literally be 3 hours late to your shift and they won’t care. This job is like a clown circus. Everybody has a bad attitude and complain about the pay. They put over millions and millions to adding to the airport and didn’t give anything to the employees. We won best airport in the district and they threw us a party. And brought us gifts, cases for iPads with no iPads...... cheapest company ever DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND EFFORT.... Oh by the way when it’s below -20 degrees during the winter and you can’t feel your fingers and toes you’ll be outside working, while management is inside doing nothing . Don’t even provide proper equipment for harsh conditions.
Great first Job
Cabin Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVMay 25, 2019
Great place to work its not as hard labor as you would think very easy at least compared to fast food lol staring pay is low tho has room for career growth tho
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Low pay
Security X-Ray Machine
Security Screener (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNMay 24, 2019
The job require you to stand most often. Sometimes it's on a fast pace and sometimes it's slow. You always need to be very proactive and focus on the job.
Pros
no free lunch.
Cons
short break
Unorganized
Cabin Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Hapeville, GAMay 22, 2019
Supervisors and managers so worried about getting teams out to clean planes, they don’t cover all precautions for walking teams and driving teams. Look at pros and cons.
Pros
Fairly easy job
Cons
Having to work in scorching heat and rainy days. Not paid enough for how much you work. Unorganized
Dgs
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 22, 2019
Flights come in and out, but most of the time im outside helping other Leads on their tasks, if there is nothing to do, i would stay inside at the breakroom.
Not worth my sanity
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 22, 2019
Working for DGS was bad from the first week out of training, mandatory overtime, no lunch breaks, supervisors have clicks like high school. A supervisor is all an\bout uniform and policy but she herself don't follow the guideline has her nails looking like claws. the manager is never around to voice your opinion too but when he needs you to go in he knows how to call your phone. getting cursed at all day long and getting paid 12.00 is so not worth it.
Pros
n/a
Cons
just run
Easy
Cabin Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 21, 2019
new company. Just started working for it. They took over for ABM. Don't really know too much about the company. Didn't do a background check on the company when they took over
Great work environment
FSC (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 21, 2019
Opportunity to travel and interact with co-workers in a friendly-serviced oriented environment. Full support from upper management as Safety is a core value of the organization.
Pros
Flights
Cons
Contract
A Learning Experience
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 21, 2019
Learn new things while working on the job. Ive got to meet new people and communicate with my peers as a team. I also learned how to defuse issues when passengers are not satified.
Pros
Ive learned new things working within company.
Cons
I do not agree that the pay rate is satifactory.
Can be fast paced or slow, depends on the shift you are on. The pay doesn’t cover everything that you are hired to do and there’s no pay increase.
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Freeland, MIMay 20, 2019
The manager doesn’t follow protocol when it comes to certain people. Only wants to make himself look good on paper. Most of the people are good to work with, if they’ve been there. But the newer employees he’s hired don’t always do their job and he allows their laziness to continue.
Pros
Can leave early if your plane is finished
Cons
Have to stay late if planes are delayed
Disfunctional
APA agent (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 16, 2019
DGS would be a great company to work for if management would listen to their employees and offer them more money. There are a lot changes that needs to be made as to how they run the business. Update old software and equipment.
Pros
Flight benefits (not as good as supervisor’s though)
Cons
Pay
Zone lead wheelchair
Zone Leader (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 15, 2019
DGS had the potential to be Great! But the pay was low, job stressful an hard work with zero respect from Delta for the job u performed even worse from DGS an now they have removed ur flight benefits down to the last man standing which was the only reason most of us even applied. Their attitude from management is we don't care if the passengers with disabilities get mad.
Sad it is a service tht is truly needed .
Pros
Helping a passenger who really needs help
Cons
Bottom flight benefits, low pay an no respect