Dale Carnegie Training Center Employee Reviews

Dale Carnegie was a very professional place to work with well trained Trainers. Love the atmosphere.
Course Coach (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJuly 14, 2018
I was not a full time employee of Dale Carnegie. Only a course coach after my full time job one night per week. My work experience was always above professional and rewarding,
Pros
Opportunity to revisit the Dale Program after going through the program.
Cons
Non that I can think of
Great Place for developing yourself and others
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 5, 2018
As a trainer I get to pick where I work. The more flexible I am the more work they will provide. All the employees at the company are SUPER! There is definitely a culture of working together to help the client succeed.
Pros
Always a Positive Environment
Good, positive environment. Great owner-supervisor; President
Territory - Area Sales Manager, B2B Corporate (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, Irvine, CAMay 16, 2018
Had one snake sales guy there, that lacked integrity. When we reported it to President-franchise owner; he didn't really care.
Several of us quit.
Another quit a month later for same reason.
Pros
Could take all their courses free, great camaraderie. Positive
Cons
The one snake guy, who would steal our sales, leads, people. Low salary
Softskills Learning Effectiveness
Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Westchester, NYApril 18, 2018
My training experience has been with product training, technology training, soft skills training, IT training, OSHA safety courses and management development programs. IT training included fundamental as well as application training for systems. I developed and delivered training for customer service representatives. For sales training at a global organization I developed product training and a new hire training program that was used by dealers. With Dale Carnegie I helped small and medium sized businesses to analyze learning needs then develop training plans with evaluation of training effectiveness and learner progress.
Overall not bad
Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYMarch 22, 2018
I am a contract employee who mostly enjoys my position. There have been evasive about permanent status potential. Enjoyed the fact that it was fast-paced, not mundane or monotonous in any way. The company seems to care about their employees and goes the extra mile to build team morale. If I were not in the process of relocating and there were real negotiations about making me permanent, I would definitely stay.
Demanding
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 12, 2018
Learned to become an office manager. Demanding due to deadlines and required accuracy. Did learn also due to being required to go through the training courses that Dale Carnegie provides.
Good place to be, with fun and professional people.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 4, 2018
My experience with Dale Carnegie was too short to say the least. I love the people there and the relationships built. It's culture is based on the foundation of living the principles of Dale Carnegie and helping others to realize their potential with application of them. A typical day here starts with learning about what opportunities there are for new business, working on obtaining that business, structuring and scheduling delivery to those that want to develop in their business and then reviewing where we have more areas of opportunity in everything related to the business. It was great to help others and see them grow. When growth is happening... there is never a time when your not taking action, even with the smallest step and task. This team is consistently busy and making things happen. The office is an actively engaged environment. It is about rewarding both the "doing" and the "done".
Pros
positive atmosphere were you get alot of recognition for what you do.
Cons
broad and undefined roles, needs process innovation map
Work environment was motivational and exceptional. Very modern office.
Sales / Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 18, 2017
Sales of Dale Carnegie Training at 100% commission really taught me the art of selling. Even at a high level of sales, the compensation was very low.
Global company with local touch
Master Trainer (Former Employee) –  HQ - Long Island, NYNovember 29, 2017
Dale Carnegie is a company that stands for personal values and ideals. People join this business to make a difference for organizations and individuals. It's a franchisor, so the company is pretty small but with representatives in 90+ countries. Not great for advancement, because there is little room to move up. Great for personal satisfaction and opportunity to travel and impact people and organizations.
Pros
Make a difference
Cons
Career advancement
Productive and Supportive Work Team
Associate Trainer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 20, 2017
The hardest part of the job involved sales, the most enjoyable part of the job was consulting with organizations to determine their training needs. Through Dale Carnegie's excellent professional development program, I learned the art of consulting with company leaders.
Pros
Opportunities for professional development
Cons
Not enough room for advancement
Great memories
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pittsford, NYOctober 16, 2017
The best benefit to working with the Dale Carnegie Organization was the opportunity to serve as a graduate assistant to the Instructors. As a consultant, my responsibilities were to secure new accounts for the DC classes. Management was helpful, but this is a sales job - not really consulting.
Dale Carnegie Training
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYAugust 5, 2017
This is a wonderful program that changes peoples lives. I was happy to enroll people into the programs, but found it was not my forte. I liked what was being taught because I saw first hand how it improved the quality of peoples lives, but was uncomfortable the way we found clients. I'm not a sales person, and disliked knocking on doors.
Pros
Excellent Program
Cons
enrollment process
Dale Carnegie
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 27, 2017
• Oversaw the day-to-operations of the largest Dale Carnegie Training franchise in the Southeast.
• Primary responsibilities were accounting related, including establishing correct accounting procedures in accordance with GAAP, forensically reconstructed the accounts for 2005, 2006 and 2007.
• Established a daily net cash status system that uncovered a $270,000 variance between the actual and stated position
. DCD Training GmbH (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 3, 2017
Good environment & training very safe
The challenge of that, is that growth means lots of people are new, and lots of things don't have a clear process yet, and we're being a bit messy and scrambling. But that's part of the fun, if you look at it the right way
Positive experience
Vice President of Training and Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 4, 2017
Working with Dale Carnegie was a learning and growing experience. It was challenging to develop leadership skills and to share them with other leaders. You had to get out of your comfort zone to take the next giant steps in leadership development.
Dale Carnegie
Database Maintenance Intern (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 20, 2017
great database entry training. Learned a lot about queries while entering in new contact information and clients. It was a great experience.
Pros
friendly and professional
Cons
Repetitive
Great work environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJanuary 7, 2017
Everyone at Dale Carnegie training is positive and encouraging. All the employees have taken the training programs and work to transform lives by teaching necessary skills in leadership and communication.
Pros
Opportunities for growth
Great for its customers and not as much for its employees
Area Manager & Sales Operations Trainer (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 12, 2016
Manage a region of sales managers that find, maintain, and close business through executive level communications. Learned more than I could ever have dreamed to on top of what I already have learned that is invaluable in moving forward. Management is lacking in its leadership and ability to see the big picture in moving forward and lacks the skills we implement for organizations around us on a daily basis. Great co-workers but a high turnover.
There is an intentional effort to apply the 30 Dale Carnegie principles.
Training Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lexington-Fayette, KYJune 7, 2016
Employees work as a team and work hard to intentionally apply the 30 Dale Carnegie principles that drives the training and transform lives and companies. It is a great environment that supports and encourages.
excellent benefits
TRAINER AND SALES ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCMay 7, 2016
Great company excellent colleges that work together as a team. I am very glad that I had the experience that I gained from working with such wonderful people.
Pros
Great flexiablity