Dallas County Community College Employee Reviews

Eastfield College
Associate Dean of STEM (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 5, 2018
Great students, staff and faculty to work with. Great Trio program and many of support for students. Leadership in transition making it a challenging environment to work in at times.
Poor management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 1, 2018
This applies to a specific department at DCCD, I believe the rest of the campus was a nice place to work. Unfortunately, the area I worked in had an extremely high turn over rate due the management.
Great environment
Coordinator of Instructional Labs (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 4, 2018
Specifically where I worked there was a lot of support and encouragement. I had an excellent manager who allowed me to do my job and did not micromanage at all.
Enjoyed teaching the evening students
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 21, 2018
I taught courses at 3 locations including the main Eastfield Campus,over the 5 school years. Most of my students were adults with full time days jobs and family members that had to be taken care of for the student to attend the 3-4 hours of class.Therefore the students were very focused to learn the material and apply it to their full time jobs for advancement opportunities. I thoroughly enjoyed teaching these students.
Diverse atmosphere in an education setting.
Staff (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 11, 2018
My initial job was as a Specialist in a computer-aided program to
improve the basic skills of adults returning to the workplace. Future
positions were similar with opportunities to substitute for Instructors.
All positions allowed for management and administrative capacities. These jobs, at the two-year college level, were, very, people
oriented. I enjoyed working with the diverse populations of a college
climate. The most difficult aspect of a college career is the hours
involved, meaning evening and weekend work schedules. From this
career, I carry skills and experiences that brought about professional
and personal growth. Education is a lucrative career for me.
Pros
Flexibility in work schedules.
Cons
Discipline or command of a subject matter, such as English and strong interpersonal skills are a must.
Challenging job
Police Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXFebruary 25, 2018
I enjoyed dispatching for the Dallas County Community College District Police Departments. It was far from being a normal daily routine job. Every day was different. The School District was a good environment to work in.
Pros
Lots of benefits
Cons
Being available 24/7
Silo environment
Energy Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 21, 2018
While I would always encourage applicants to work in education, for the benefits, this campus had silo departments, which would not work with each other.

I had a micromanaging director, who was constantly interfering in my department, and passing blame on subordinates.
Pros
Lots of days off
Cons
Micromanaging culture
Adjunct Faculty Member
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXFebruary 18, 2018
If you love teaching as I do...the job was a Gift from Above. No better career experience in my 40 years career. Leadership was dynamic, intelligent, and actively supportive.
Pros
Cons
No Cons
My 2 cents
Lead ERP Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXFebruary 1, 2018
A place I would recommend to anyone who are worn out from the corporate world. Althought the pay grade are less, much less than the real world, but it is a very relax and flexible place to work. They many 26 pay holidays. Just think, 12 days in Christmas, 7 days in Spring break, plus many more other minor days off. Come to work late is ok, so is leaving work early, as long you don't abuse it.
Pros
relax, flexible, days off, have plenty family time
Cons
low pay, no advancement, managers are old school.
good
INSTRUCTIONAL SUPPORT ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75211January 24, 2018
i worked through work study and i loved working here. The instructional support manager is very great at his job. He values the employees. My supervisor was amazing as well.
Wonderful
Instructors Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 20, 2017
DCCCD was a great organization to work for. Pay was not the best. The environment was relaxing for most of the year. Was a little hectic during registration time.
Pros
relaxed
Cons
not enough pay
Great
English Instructor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 16, 2017
This was a great experience. I just wish there were more full-time employment opportunities at this level of teaching. The work environment was very professional and positive.
Pros
Positive work environment
Cons
low pay
Educator Catch 22
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 6, 2017
Experienced and passionate educators and professionals enthusiastic to share their expertise can get paid a good hourly rate here, but the adjunct work is renewed every semester and the full time faculty pay is low.
My direct supervisor was awesome!
Online Medical Assisting Instructor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 8, 2017
My supervisor Berna Thomas was amazing. She was always available if I needed her and she made my transition to DCCC very easy. She answered questioned, gave me feedback in a timely manner. She provided me with tools that helped to increase and improve my online teaching skills.
Excellent Place to work!
Foundation Special Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 2, 2017
This company utilizes supportive ways to help individuals grown both professionally and personally! Supportive of educational venues, in all areas with specific focus on math, science, engineering and technology ...
Pros
Innovative
Cons
Vision care insurance is of concern ...
Adjunct Professor, Part-time, online
In my role as sustainability coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, TexasOctober 8, 2017
Being an adjunct is the hardest job in the college system. Usually only part-time hours available, of course, no benefits.
Online is a challenge because you feel disconnected from the social life on campus, and importantly your students as well. You would do well to get feedback from email, much less video chat sessions. For "A" students it works effectively but for students who are challenged in basic college skills (thus needing more personal attention), it can be quite difficult to manage.
It is good to gain experience working as a teacher but you must have another source of income to survive. The best part of being a teacher is the joy of observing bright young minds expand their learning horizons.
Dallas County Community College
Director (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXOctober 5, 2017
A college with great opportunity serving students.
-Manager
- Working with students
- Supervise 20 employees regarding first year experience advising.
Develop student outcomes, case management advising, and retention.
Coordinate programming, Title III grant initiatives.
Collaborate with faculty and staff to provide holistic advising.
Develop New Student Orientation.
Construct Career Pathway and Transfer advising strategies.
Pros
beneifts
Cons
Technology
Good enviroment
Tuition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 5, 2017
The best thing about working for DCCCD is the people and environment. But its hard to advance because ppl tend to stay in the same position for YEARS.
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 2, 2017
Dallas County Community College is a good place to work. The administration offers good support and are very open to new ideas in teaching subject matter.
Pros
Small classes, attentive students
Cons
No benefits for adjunct faculty
Great position for student needing extra cash
Supplemental Instruction Leader (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 30, 2017
Being an SI leader was great. The hours were very flexible, besides having the mandatory class attendance. The students are usually very kind and hardworking. And the sessions are wonderful because it's all left to your discretion. It was a very humbling and excellent experience.
Pros
Cons
May need confidence to be successful