Dallas County Community College

Dallas County Community College Employee Reviews

United States98 reviews
n/a
Good place to work. The staff was great and the students. The hours were perfect. The opportunity to grow and increase student learning was a joy. Creating high level lessons and lectures was great.
DCCCD is family
There are many different styles of learning and many different learners at DCCCD they all fit in. Working on campus while attending is a very rewarding experience.
Very productive place to work
I learned so much working on the IT lab area for a work study. They really made sure I understood exactly to do each task and were there to help if I needed it. Very easy going atmosphere.
Diverse and fun work place
DCCCD offers a variety of classes and instructional times to meet the needs of all learners. Students are supported by subject matter experts and feel empowered to succeed.
I am a Ph.D and feel I was never appreciated.
I taught, contributed books to the library. I have worked hard but was never been given tho opportunity to teach full time. When a new person was hired, I lost one of the classes I had been teaching.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Spent most of the day reading about building codes and what is acceptable in different areas to be passed for building codes. Most of the day everyone stayed to their self to get their work done but at the same time was a relaxed and friendly environment.
good for ajunct
Relaxed, great classroom,only problem is that only 6 hours per week and really hard to become a full time faculty, but the people there are really nice
Very Slow
Too much down time and strict management! We are expected to sit and look like manikins. It would be nice to work on training or anything else. Management seems to want to always be right even when there in the wrong.
DCCCD is great with work/life balance.
DCCCD Workforce Development department, is a great place to work. This company encourages everyone to excel beyond their dreams. Although I feel its hard to advance within, I truly enjoy working here.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
compensation does not equate to the cost of living
Great Place to Work!
The manager I have is awesome and makes sure that whatever is needed, it is taken care of. The opportunities that have been afforded me are immeasurable. I am very proud to tell people I teach at DCCCD.
Pros
Great working environment and awesome people to work with.
Great environment.
A great learning environment to learn and work. I enjoyed all my assignments in Audiovisual. Staff were cooperative, and so were students, our center focus. Love the department I worked in. Very supportive. My passion, love, experience and skills for service were acquired at the College. That meant a lot to me professionally. It carried me a long way.
Servingpeopleparticulsstudents and
Good Retirement
People never leave and retire from DCCCD. It is ideal and you are vested after 5 years. There is room for advancement. The district hire their own graduates too.
Flexible
The best part is being able to go to school and work at the same time. I worked part-time and attended school full-time and I was able to make a living at a decent salary and complete my degree within 4.5 years.
Exceptional atmosphere
Working with talented people and educators gives me the inspiration to be great and be a great educator. It is especially gratifying to be of service to others and help them reach their dreams and provide them with the tools and abilities to be their own success.
meh
not a bad place to work at all. I am just sort of ready to get out of academics and pursue a career that actually makes some money. there is a culture in certain departments that rewards effort and other departments that just try to shut things down before exploring the true benefits.
Pros
spring break, winter break, benefits are good
Great Place
When you work for DCCCD you must be capable of dealing with a diverse population, Fast paced variety never the same every day. chance to make a difference
Great place to work and Learn
I love working here. It's fast-paced, and every day is different. I get to meet new people every day. It's great to be able to collaborate with very diverse individuals to accomplish the same goal which is to changes lives through higher education
Transitioning
When I left DCCCD they where in the process of transitioning to a new style of business under new leadership. This change was much needed. The new president brought fresh eyes and new thoughts.
Cons
Dated leaders
I enjoy teaching and the students I've had have been interested in the subject area. The instructional material is standard for all instructors.
I instruct 2 classes of skilled health readiness courses that have lecture and lab. The students have started doing the lecture part online as it works for their work/home life, and the lab portion is done through videos and face to face instructional demonstrations and practice with the students.

I enjoy the interaction with the students, but understand their needs of wanting to do as much online as possible. I post announcements for them so that they can stay up to date with their assignments and testing.
Pros
Collaborative team of professors.
Cons
Driving distance to the college.
Great Place to Work!!
I am a firm believe in Community Colleges and Eastfield is one of the best. The Dallas County Community Colleges are very student oriented and most of the professors go out of their way to assist the students on a more person basis, with more time and personal attention being given to students than those at the university level receive.
Pros
Personal attention for students.
Cons
I was never able to obtain full time employment.
Stable job
Once you were in you are there for the duration of your employment. Once you taught a course for one term you were on the list to teach that course for you life.
Pros
Professional environment
Cons
No long term full time ops
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dallas County Community College. Our community is ready to answer.
Women's ratings

4.5Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.