Dan's Supermarket

Dan's Supermarket Employee Reviews

The company was fair to me, overall i liked working for the their. I worked at the North 11th st location. it's a very structured work environment. i worked for them for 1 year.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Very structured work environment
They start you at 10\hr which by its self if low compared to other similar jobs. The managers constantly fight with the other managers and are extremely Disrespectful towards the employees.
Pros
Not much
Cons
Pay and environment
I did love my job at Dan's Supermarket, I truly did. But one day I got blamed for an issue that wasn't my fault as I was not working the day the incident took place. I loved my supervisor she was very kind and sweet, but the rest of management was OKAY. Other than that, I have no complaints about Dan's Supermarket. It's a great environment to work at, kind coworkers, wonderful customers. Overall great place.
Enjoyable part of the job was Greeting customers & seeing the happy Smiles, friendly oriented work environment, I enjoyed the work nothing about it was even close to being a bit difficult.
The store managers are great at their jobs, but the particular department manager is rude and unfair. She barely does her job, leaving everything else to the second in command, who is hard working but lacks compassion and understanding. Toxic environment, they play favorites, and are generally childlike in their inability to work without trash talking the other workers in the department.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Management is far too concerned by the bottom line rather than making sure the customer leaves satisfied or that worker are satisfied. Immediate store management is friendly and understanding, but corporate office is just doesnt have their priorities in the proper places
Great place to work , management is amazing and also the people that works there. Customers are a plus, they’re nice and gentle. And the environment is amazing
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Short
I loved working for Dans Supermarket, the environment there was wonderful, everyone helped each other to achieve a goal which was to help the costumers. If the location was not too far from my home, I would still be working for this company.
The turnpike location is a decent place to work at when management is not being difficult. The problem with them is they like to tell you they are going to do something, then do the exact opposite. Not the best eddicate for someone you would want to work for.
Pros
3 dollar off coupons
Cons
terrible management
i did not have a good experience in this company, the supervisor had favoritism with a few ladies, there is no team work in this company, there is no consideration for the employer at all.
Great place to work. The owner is a great person, gave me the opportunity when I most needed and forever will be grateful. I’m leaving the company due to better pay. Living in nyc is very expensive.
Over all a good place to work raises could be a little better has given me the opportunity to gorw as a individual a better husband and dad started my career at 18 years of age and still working there 39 years latter.
Pros
good Benefits
Cons
Management could listen to workers a little more.
stocking shelves and product cashier when needed Enjoyed meeting new people daily interacting with customers helped build end caps carried out groceries
Been a very long time but this was my first job so it stands out. I had managers that were funny, kind and were helpful. The store manager actually worked his butt off and held meetings for all employees to keep everyone in a good groove and mindful of Dan's Mission Statement.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Very slow pacing, enough to get bored out of your mind.
Working with them was a good experience. They helped me to learn how to handle communication with clients. I learned to take my own initiative. The hardest part of working there was my language, because my main language is Spanish; and it was a little complicated. But I had some partners who were always willing to help me. It was also difficult my schedule with them, it was a complicated schedule for my daughters and for me.
A great first job for those in high school. Extremely flexible work schedules. Opportunity to advance or transfer to new departments as your experience increases, pay often increases with this as well. High schoolers get to work with individuals of their own age and make new friends.
Pros
Coworkers, flexible hours, opportunity to advance/transfer
Cons
Short breaks
I could've gone in any direction at Dan's and I feel confident I would've been encouraged, nurtured and promoted. Dan's was an excellent place to work, mainly because the management was top-notch.
Dan's was a great place to work but when they sold out, it changed the atmosphere in the stores. Employees wages remained the same but more work was asked of them. No overtime and some department heads would have to come in on their days off to finish the work without pay if they wanted their department to run smooth. Dan's had a minimum of 98 people working all departments of the store and the new owners cut the employees to 24 to run all departments 24 hours a day for a week. Customers were standing in long lines and were getting upset.and the shelves were always empty. The competition capitalized on this and now has taken the market share of business. Solution: Hire more employees and treat the customer as if they are number one.to win back their loyalty again.Fill the stores up with little holes on product.
Pros
It was a great place to work
Cons
Need to get the customers back then you can make money again.
I would spend nights restocking shelves, and I also worked in the meat department. Wrapping meat, washing dishes and equipment. I liked the people I worked with.
Pros
It was close to home
Cons
Pay was not enough
Everyone worked together and made the tasks much easier. The day to day tasks were very simple. The upper management were available to speak to employees when needed.
Dan's had a great working environment and made it enjoyable to work there. I learned a lot and was able to move up in my job there. I always learned something new every day. I learned how to work well with other people.
Pros
working environment
  1. Employee Reviews