Dana-Farber Cancer Institute Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work
Senior Grant Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 29, 2018
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is one of the best places I have ever worked. The benefits are generous and there are many opportunities to advance within the organization.
Pros
organizational mission
a nice place to work at
Medical Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 20, 2018
A very busy work environment. With a lot of tools to help you. Unless you have a bachelor cant really plan on a career there. there is no paid lunch time and benefits have degreased what they use to be.
Pros
nice time off
Cons
no paid lunch
Meaningful work
Senior Research Scientist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 12, 2018
You get to contribute to a high profile organization that does meaningful work. Most faculty and scientist are very personable and respect your contributions and expertise. New ideas are listened to and encouraged to work toward ideas, at least in my department. Great deal of independence in your work on most studies.

Pay increases and promotion ladder seems slow on the scientist track.
Pros
meaningful work, variable tasks
Cons
low pay increases, slow advancement
Great Place to work
Regulatory Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 6, 2018
Great Place to work, opportunities for advancement, great work-life balance, professional development opportunities are widely available, team environment.
Billing Compliance Auditor (Current Employee) –  10 Brookline Ave Brookline, MAMay 30, 2018
I really like working here at first. All the guidelines were followed and I felt as though I was making a difference.

Then it all changed and we no longer go by Medicare Rules/Regulations. We give credit to providers that actually have not done the work that they are billing for.

My ethics are everything and I don't feel as though DFCI is ethical; at least in the Billing Compliance Area.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Policies are not followed
its a productivity environment
Revenue Control Representative (Current Employee) –  Brookline, MAMay 24, 2018
good company to work for, they work you like a robot but management is horrible. more of dictatorship, micromanagement, no room to grow in the department,
Pros
reputable company
Cons
micromanagement, no room for growth
Fascinating work
Pediatric Bone Marrow Transplant Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 20, 2018
Preparing families and patients for bone marrow transplant. I learned an unbelievable amount about medicine, transplants, families. Management was totally dedicated to the work at hand. Hardest part was the despair of families. The culture was intense and driven. The best part was a successful transplant.
Pros
The work
Cons
The work
Great benefits
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 20, 2018
A competitive work environment. Fast paced. Hardest part - it was a little cutthroat. Easiest part - teamwork oriented. I enjoyed being a part of women's healthcare.
Pros
Great benefits!
Cons
Cutthroat
Administrative Support Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 16, 2018
Dana-Farber was a great place to work! Good benefits and decent pay. The patient care areas are very challenging work environments and not for the faint of heart.
So fun!
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 7, 2018
Truly a great environment to be in and the people who work there genuinely care about the job they're doing and the lives they are affecting. A lot of fun.
great place
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 7, 2018
i liked the dana farber but i didnt like my position i was an intern and then a research assistant but i sat around and just did data entry which is boring to m e
Medical discoveries
Program Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 22, 2018
As being part of the administrative staff, I felt a great accomplishment in being part of a team that facilitated the constant research and funding for AIDS, cancer, and immunology research.

The best part of the job was working along side scientists and students whose daily working lives was this research.

The most difficult part was working for the chair, who was sometimes tempermental in nature, and often challenging to communicate with, but by the time I left his staff, I had learned a great deal from him about persistence, tenacity, and courage.
Not the best place to work
TA (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 17, 2018
management sucks. no work/life balance and so much favoritism. it's all about who you know. They are not diverse at all. Management teams need a tune up.
Cons
salary, work/life balance, management
Great organization but could pay more
Clinical Research Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 17, 2018
Wonderful place with an incredible mission but could pay more. Also work-life balance is difficult. Work-from-home is not an option even for those whose jobs involve primarily database work.
Great place to develop the career
Research Fellow (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 13, 2018
Very good working envirenment.
Lots of opportunities to learn from different fields.
The collaboration in Dana Farber is very important.
Very efficient.
Work hard to make sure Patient care is the best.
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 5, 2018
Dana Farber is a great place to work there is room for advancement and really care about staff & patients. I really enjoyed working in Patient Registration and I enjoyed working in Patient Accounting doing ins followup and billing.
Pros
lots of free work lunches
Cons
great health ins.
Good for high achievers
Assistant Clinical Research Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 30, 2018
Usually attracts students seeking experience before medical school. Is a good fit for that - quick 2 years and not as likely to burn out. Very intense environment, but great experience working with healthcare providers and on variety of projects.
Great place to carry out cutting edge research
Research Technician (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 27, 2018
It is a great place to carry out cutting edge research. You work with a lot of smart people who help you grow as a scientist. The management is quite good. The culture is very coordial and people, though busy, are ready to help.
poor working there
Patient cash Posting Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 23, 2018
I worked at dfci for 11 years from 1999 - 2011
I left because I wanted to pursue a new challenged
when back to dfci from agency Addison group it was horrible,I worked there for two months thank god they let me go, it is at lot different now new manager new people there are not the same
Not helping when I had question they used a new system EPIC, I don't have experience working with epic
co-worker they are not working as a team
don't recommend to work in Revenue control department to anyone
worked from 7:30 tp 4:00
Pros
30 minutes
Cons
15 minutes
Productive and Fun
Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 22, 2018
The PI was very didactic in teaching any new skills. My coworkers were helpful. I felt very comfortable and welcomed each day at work. The monthly meetings were informative and productive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight