Dana-Farber Cancer Institute Employee Reviews

Worse place to work and Racists in Radiation Oncology Depart especially the Director.
Senior Scientist, Department of Medical Oncology (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 5, 2018
No research, no management, no human rights and no benefits, nothing they care about their employees. Even no holidays! You work hard and smart but you deserved nothing!
Senior Research Technician (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 3, 2018
Pros

Working on projects helps patients and furthers important research on various oncology disease groups

Cons

Tediousness of some of the responsibilities
Strong Nurse Automony
SATELLITE PROGRAM NURSE (Current Employee) –  Milford, MAOctober 31, 2018
DFCI is a great place to work, management is as transparent as possible, culture can be difficult at times when staffing is an issue. The most enjoyable part of the job is connection with patients.
People who works there have different experience and point of view.
Senior Scientist, Department of Medical Oncology (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 25, 2018
I've only improved my flow cytometry skill there. It doesn't matter how much you contributed to the projects,They don't treat their employees equally.
Never again
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 16, 2018
I would never work Dana Farber again !! Escpecially Y10 they treat the employee like dawgs and don’t care what happen to them . The Management on Y10 is very bad . Favoritism is the bigs problem on Y10 and the fact the lead Medical is so unprofessional
Pros
Pay
Cons
Lunch only 30 mins and healthcare expensive
Fantastico centro di ricerca
Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 15, 2018
Ottimo centro ricerca, molto internazionale e molto avanzato tecnologicamente
Can be a wonderful place to work depending on the manager
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 4, 2018
I was fortunate to start my career here and had the most supportive manager and team. I had a wonderful experience and was promoted to take on new challenges and responsibilities. Unfortunately with that new role came a new manager. This new role and manager were a poor fit for me, which is unfortunate because I love the Institution. It can be a wonderful place to work as long as you are on the right team with the right manager for you.
Pros
Great professional experience, lots of professional development opportunities, great benefits
Cons
Short Breaks, Culture of distrusting employees, inflexibility to change
Collaborative culture and really patient-centered
CRC (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 3, 2018
dfci is a great place that does a lot of amazing things for patients and i think could do more for their staff. people work really hard and should be better paid for it.
Pros
colleagues, patient-centered, special sauce
Cons
compensation, career growth, lack of diversity
great work environment
Patient Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 27, 2018
everyone really works well with each other, support staff in all areas job and non job related. provides excellent care of patients and also keeps their employees happy.
Pros
workplace culure
Cons
parking
Great volunteer /extracurricular meet up type of activities
Logistics/ Inventory managment (Current Employee) –  27 Drydock Ave, Boston, maSeptember 18, 2018
Great culture, great people overall. W/ very hard working staff. Slightly poor upper management regarding execution on overall inventory management. I say that not easily, for I really like it here, and have stuck it out, but a little slow paced on something., If I'm being honest. Again, great culture and the benefits are amazing, it does give you that work/life balance at least for my department, for rules vary for each department. But overall could be better.
Pros
Free lunches.
Cons
Salary/ Huurly wise not as competitive as it could be.
Job Advancement
Patient Access Specialist - Referrals (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 17, 2018
I was able to learn and grow very quickly. I quickly mastered the basics of the job requirements and excel above what was asked. I proven to be dependable and resourceful. Everyone agreed I was a team player and came to me for advice/assistance. I was acknowledge by management for my work and contribution but when it came down to promotion opportunities and career advancement I was discouraged. I was seeking for a leadership position but it was suggested that I lack the experience.
Pros
Relaxed work environment, friendly coworkers, benefits
Cons
career advancement, compensation for acknowledge of contribution to success
Great Place to work
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Brookline,MASeptember 17, 2018
I absolutely loved working at Dana Farber. You truly feel like you're apart of a team. Everyone there has the same goal in mind "Patient Care And Satisfaction". The patients are the number one priority and every staff member knows how important that is.
Great
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 14, 2018
I like working at DFCI. it is a good place to work for. some people are helpful and they are willing to go the extra mile. I've learned so much.......
Job
Medical Billing Rep (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 15, 2018
They would rather quantity instead of quality of your work. You could never do enough for them. They are also very clicky with some of the old time workers
Fun and passion-drive workplace
Research Student (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 6, 2018
Every day is filled with new lessons and new skills to absorb. Colleagues are always available for knowledge exchanges and support. Good communication on events, charity, seminars, fundraising, etc.
Pros
support, connections, proximity to restaurants, shuttle bus, public transportation
Cons
Busy location/traffic, parking cost
n/a
ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST II (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 28, 2018
It's a good place to work with good benefits and discounts for local attractions as well as vacations packages. Also offers discounts on Dell computers.
What you learned
Principal Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 23, 2018
The most important lesson I learnt at Dana Farber Cancer Institute is that education and passion and love for your job will take you further career wise
Amazing place to work!
Clinical Research Coordinator, Neuro-Oncology (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 22, 2018
A wonderful place to work and learn from world-renowned providers and amazingly resilient patients. Dana-Farber truly epitomizes hope, and that is what our patients need in their times of need more than anything else.
Department Grants Management Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 6, 2018
Wonderful place to work, great benefits, located in heart of longwood medical area. Excellent connections with surrounding hospitals and institutions.
benefits
Cons
hard to get to
Excellent place to work
Senior Grant Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 29, 2018
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is one of the best places I have ever worked. The benefits are generous and there are many opportunities to advance within the organization.
Pros
organizational mission

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

4.3Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss