Dana-Farber Cancer Institute Employee Reviews

Great benefits
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 20, 2018
A competitive work environment. Fast paced. Hardest part - it was a little cutthroat. Easiest part - teamwork oriented. I enjoyed being a part of women's healthcare.
Pros
Great benefits!
Cons
Cutthroat
Administrative Support Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 16, 2018
Dana-Farber was a great place to work! Good benefits and decent pay. The patient care areas are very challenging work environments and not for the faint of heart.
So fun!
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 7, 2018
Truly a great environment to be in and the people who work there genuinely care about the job they're doing and the lives they are affecting. A lot of fun.
great place
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 7, 2018
i liked the dana farber but i didnt like my position i was an intern and then a research assistant but i sat around and just did data entry which is boring to m e
Medical discoveries
Program Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 22, 2018
As being part of the administrative staff, I felt a great accomplishment in being part of a team that facilitated the constant research and funding for AIDS, cancer, and immunology research.

The best part of the job was working along side scientists and students whose daily working lives was this research.

The most difficult part was working for the chair, who was sometimes tempermental in nature, and often challenging to communicate with, but by the time I left his staff, I had learned a great deal from him about persistence, tenacity, and courage.
Not the best place to work
TA (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 17, 2018
management sucks. no work/life balance and so much favoritism. it's all about who you know. They are not diverse at all. Management teams need a tune up.
Cons
salary, work/life balance, management
Great organization but could pay more
Clinical Research Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 17, 2018
Wonderful place with an incredible mission but could pay more. Also work-life balance is difficult. Work-from-home is not an option even for those whose jobs involve primarily database work.
Great place to develop the career
Research Fellow (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 13, 2018
Very good working envirenment.
Lots of opportunities to learn from different fields.
The collaboration in Dana Farber is very important.
Very efficient.
Work hard to make sure Patient care is the best.
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 5, 2018
Dana Farber is a great place to work there is room for advancement and really care about staff & patients. I really enjoyed working in Patient Registration and I enjoyed working in Patient Accounting doing ins followup and billing.
Pros
lots of free work lunches
Cons
great health ins.
Good for high achievers
Assistant Clinical Research Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 30, 2018
Usually attracts students seeking experience before medical school. Is a good fit for that - quick 2 years and not as likely to burn out. Very intense environment, but great experience working with healthcare providers and on variety of projects.
Great place to carry out cutting edge research
Research Technician (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 27, 2018
It is a great place to carry out cutting edge research. You work with a lot of smart people who help you grow as a scientist. The management is quite good. The culture is very coordial and people, though busy, are ready to help.
poor working there
Patient cash Posting Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 23, 2018
I worked at dfci for 11 years from 1999 - 2011
I left because I wanted to pursue a new challenged
when back to dfci from agency Addison group it was horrible,I worked there for two months thank god they let me go, it is at lot different now new manager new people there are not the same
Not helping when I had question they used a new system EPIC, I don't have experience working with epic
co-worker they are not working as a team
don't recommend to work in Revenue control department to anyone
worked from 7:30 tp 4:00
Pros
30 minutes
Cons
15 minutes
Productive and Fun
Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 22, 2018
The PI was very didactic in teaching any new skills. My coworkers were helpful. I felt very comfortable and welcomed each day at work. The monthly meetings were informative and productive.
productive and humble
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 21, 2018
bitter sweet experience working with cancer patients but management isn't that great its a different work experience and you learn things that you wouldn't learn in a general care office
Pros
health benifits, higher wages
Cons
short breaks, doesnt accomadate employess
Project manager
Research Project Manager II, Breast Oncology (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 19, 2018
Terrible place to work, rude management, toxic environment. Employees are discouraged from speaking out and expressing their ideas and opinions. Good salary, but not worth it.
A real reality check
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 18, 2018
Prior to working at DFCI i was oblivious towards the frailty of life.

Working there put a lot into perspective for me... having to deal with such a heavy life obstacle on a daily really forces one to take life a bit more seriously.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
You will have to deal with the inevitable
Productive and quick pace
Lab control (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 18, 2018
I enjoyed working at Dana Farber Cancer Institute. It was a good experience. The employees were very helpful seeing as though I was still a student enrolling in school.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
hearing about a patients death
Amazing
Financial Grant Manager Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 17, 2018
I loved working at Dana Farber. Even though I was not involved in the physical care of patients, I was very appreciative of all that I could contribute as a grant management intern.
Pros
A staff that really loves all of their patients
Cons
The commute into Boston
Amazing place to Fundraise for
Fundraiser, Runner (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 16, 2018
Go DFMC! Such an inspiring group of people. I did not work there, but raised money for the Claudia Arms Barr Cancer Fund. Would recommend running the Boston Marathon and helping out Dana Farber!
The dedication to patient care was incredibile.
Clinical Assistant II / Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 26, 2018
I absolutely loved working at Dana Farber. I loved working with the Yawkey 2 Phlebotomy team. The patients were inspirational. My experience was so wonderful and I would be honored to be part of the Dana Farber team. I had unfortunate circumstances that led me to return to my hometown. I did not want to leave my position at all in any way.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

4.3Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Dana-Farber Cancer Institute Reviews by Location