Dana Corporation Employee Reviews

Workplace wasn’t the best but the pay was good
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIAugust 14, 2018
Good money but treated horribly. The management didn’t care about you but then again the guys above them don’t care about them ether. The union is horrible
Certain departments are great
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 9, 2018
It was a okay job for the time being and yes i would go back. But not for a career. All departments are different. I would recommend to friends, famil.
nice food and nice people
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHAugust 5, 2018
Conducted motor voltage and current performance tests by pressure vary to analysis, Conducted multi-axle in different speed and cold/hot box testing for driveshaft and axles.,Performed mud bath test (grade cups) and teardown analysis (cold/hot test) after the high speed/high pressure for bearings and joints and Compiled data analysis reports in both detailed (by Excel) and executive format for internal engineering and external customer reviews. I learned the industry and testing processing. Some machines using. Focus on the details and try the best. The people are friendly and the working is clear.
Great Place To Work
Press operator (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYAugust 2, 2018
Dana Corporation was a great place to work. They believed in the workers and listened to their opinions. It was a team oriented environment and functional.
Working in a Hot foundry
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Richmond IndianaJuly 23, 2018
Dana was a great place to work good benefits retirement place where you can work and move up and pay learn a lot of different traits best thing about it you get paid every week you brought the home enough income to enjoy your family A good company to work for
Pros
A good company to work for
Cons
It was sad they close the doors
dana
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Buena Vista, VAJuly 16, 2018
Fast paced.

Precise manufacturing.

Very good professional management.

I worked around a lot of hard working people that cared about their job.

Keeping up the fast pace.

The competition with others.
Pros
A lot of overtime.
Cons
Very hard work.
Pretty easy job.
Packer (Former Employee) –  Carthage, TNJuly 2, 2018
Dana isn’t a bad job at all. It’s laid back and easy. Lots of overtime. Nice people here and there. I’d recommend this to people. Not too dirty and not too hot.
Exciting hands on company
Co-op Engineer (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHJune 7, 2018
Endless opportunity, work as many hours as you would like. They promote from within. One of the last big american automotive suppliers. High quality place with wonderful people to work with
High paced environment, lack of professionalism. Terrible hours, I don’t like the place but it’s a good start to build your career!!!
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIJune 3, 2018
I don’t like the place, unprofessional. Lack of communication. They favoritism individuals instead of going off work ethic. Too many safety hazards!!! The place is a great start to build your career. Hours are crazy there. I’m jus tired of the place because it’s no acknowledgement, no leadership it’s jus terr there
Dana was like a family oriented place.
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  McKenzie, TNMay 31, 2018
I enjoyed my job at Dana. I worked at Dana up until they closed the plant down and moved it to another location. Dana had good benefits that was very benenifical.
Productive place to work but not very well managed
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYMay 18, 2018
I loved my job the first week or so i was there...after that u quickly saw that some people werent held to the same standard as others which really made me start to hate my job. I was always over my production yet never recieved any praise for it. I felt as if i was working hard for nothing. They dont like temporary associates there. The temps cant even get in the building by themselves, and are basically made to work every weekend as the fulltime associates get off.not a fair playing field
Pros
Paid breaks and lunches
Cons
Too short of breaks. Working every weekend
QC is a must
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Humboldt, TNMay 14, 2018
QC is a must. All lives matter on or around These axels. This company is a union company. We are the people for the people. The people are the ones who make this product work. Not management. This would be an awesome company if they didn’t over promise and under deliver. With updated machines.
close enough to home with comparable pay
Heat Treat Technician (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYMay 10, 2018
Dana was a decent place of employment with good health insurance benefits. The uncertanitiy of never knowing when it was closing the doors for many many years.
Pros
health insurance
Cons
uncertainties of corporate standings
great job just too many hours
Tool and Die Maker (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXMay 7, 2018
work at time 12 to 13 hours a day
i learned more indepth on tool and tie making
managent was ok, just pushed a little too hard
very fast paced and stressful
Not worth the time
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Gordonsville, TNMay 6, 2018
It starts out feeling like it will be a good job. But then you find out that the management picks favorites who can get away with everything, and if they don't like you, they will find a reason to get you fired.

Plus if you DO manage to make it the "90 days" to get hired on full-time, they will take forever getting you on.
Pros
its a job...
Cons
the people suck
decent
machinist (Former Employee) –  Morganton, NCApril 26, 2018
worked for dana for 10 years good pay good benefits work was hard but I feel like I was compensated well for it with ot pay and time off they eventually sold out to Sypris tech
Only work here for a short period
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Paris, TNApril 24, 2018
With the little time I work for this company it seemed to me they were very concerned with your safety and safety of others. They were very friendly and helped out in anyway they could.
Productive and casual.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOApril 14, 2018
It was an alright place to work. The assembly lines were very fast paced. Everybody seemed to like working there. They payed better than most factories. It seemed the people liked coming to work and doing their jobs. I really enjoyed working there until I hurt my back.
Pros
Better wages
Cons
Overtime
A great company to work for
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Humboldt, TNApril 4, 2018
Dana was a growing company with great employees. I liked the fact that they were a Union based company. It was a safe and clean work environment which made work enjoyable.
Good Management Bad CEO
Machine Operator - CNC (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYApril 1, 2018
Good Management Bad CEO. Good work relations with employees.
Pay was good. Constantly misinformed by upper management about closing of the plant and gave the employees false hope.
Pros
Good work relations
Cons
Bad ceo