Danaher Employee Reviews

Machine Operator
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARAugust 2, 2018
Monitored and operate machines and machine’s temperature
Assist co-worker with duties and task
Produced tools in large oven machines
Use forklifts and pallet jacks to load/unload large tool baskets in oven machine
Distributed and sort out tools in tool baskets
Cons
short breakes
Stressful Stretch Goals
Field Service Manager/Business Unit Leader (Former Employee) –  Wood Dale, ILJuly 21, 2018
Pressure to perform to goal was relentless and unforgiving. Seemed all that was cared about was the profits, not what the employee was needing. Performance was the only underlying tone, basically at all costs.
Benefits
Cons
Stressful environment
Productive and fun
Manager (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 16, 2018
It is a good experience working for the company. We have many opportunities to lean and for professional development. There is a good work and life balance.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 3, 2018
Great place to work overall. Good people to build with. If there’s a company out there that you want to grow with in the future, Danaher Power Solutions is definitely one of them.
Leadership is only Operationally Minded
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 18, 2018
Leadership did not uphold nor honor the Leadership Anchors.
Poor change management for acquired companies.
Executive pattern showing Lack of awareness of actual state of business and needed decisions.
Culture that does not allow challenging of leaders, despite its Accountability First declared culture.
Problem Solving often results in blame without resources.
Pros
Competitive Pay, benefits, job opportunities
Cons
Despite a mature, documented process, evaluation and promotion is still network based, Good Old Boy
Work Life Balance
Manager (Current Employee) –  BreaJune 4, 2018
The job is demanding and deadlines are always yesterday. Poor work life balance. Many business tools to learn from and carry with you as you progress in your career.
good company
Global Director (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJune 3, 2018
danaher is a process structured culture, associates who enjoy problem solving and taking on new challenges and tasks will find and enjoyable working environment
Materials Coordinator/Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 1, 2018
Awesome place to work, great opportunities to advance, fun company activities, the lastest tools and equipment, certification training also available to employees
Teaching
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMay 29, 2018
The job is not "Life Sciences" it is teaching. It is likely the hardest job that you will ever do but it can also be extremely rewarding. The most difficult aspects will usually be parents and administration - not students.
Difficult work place that puts people on spot
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC 28273May 16, 2018
I did not have good experience with this company. They have overstated the job, relocated me and after nine months after they have tried to make me be CNC programmer from a Senior Engineer, they forced me to quit and I had to refund my relocation. I am a foreigner so I felt that only domestic people were up for promotion, and I have not been there enough to really see if I'd get a chance. They had a pregnant manufacturing engineer working 12 hour grave yard shifts while taking anti depressant pills so that some day she could become engineering manager, or plant manager. The manager who had hired me and most of the production people were good people. The upper management did not care about anything else except profits.

Very disappointing situation.
Workplace culture
MBA Summer Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 15, 2018
Danaher is a huge company with 40+ operating companies. Danaher Business System contains best practices in all areas to help the operating companies set up their process, driving profits.
Temp
SR. HR GENERALIST (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 6, 2018
I was a contract worker. Pay was excellent. Very organized. Well put together. Structured, offered employee benefits, good employee moral. Ultimately, a great place to work.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Contract
Descent place to work
Shipping /packing (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, NCMay 5, 2018
Danaher is a place close to home . Hours are basically 7am-3:30pm.and occasionally some over time It has been steady work for years not a lot of lay offs and that's a plus.
Only the strong
Senior Manager of Operations (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 3, 2018
This is a difficult organization. Only the strong need apply here. I was told when I started 1 year will feel like 7 and they will get at least 7 years of work out of you in 1 - All true statements.
A good company
Tax Intern-International Tax (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 24, 2018
A good environment to gain a lot of tax knowledge, every one is friendly and helpful. As a intern, not much work assigned, but you should take initiative.
Competitive
Quality Systems Manager (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAApril 8, 2018
Dynamic culture and a good place to learn the project management skills and lean concepts. Could be challenging work environment to manage work/life balance.
Pros
Lean Concept
Cons
work/life balance
A True Meritocracy
Corporate Staff (Director Level) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 4, 2018
DHR is an incredibly well-run company as attested to by the growth of its stock price. The Danaher Business System is a wonderful tool and it really encapsulates what works with most parts of the business. They probably overdid it a bit in HR, marketing and sales, which really need another template for management in addition to DBS. But, for operations and finance DBS was incredible.

Most of my colleagues were very bright and team-oriented. Very little politics. I learned a great deal from them. I had one of the best bosses of my career there and then a so-so one.
Pros
Incredible learning opportunities!
Cons
If you need constant reinforcement, this is not the place for you...
Challenging but rewarding
DBSO Corporate Director (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 28, 2018
Challenging but rewarding. Much travel required but many opportunities if you perform well. Can be political but has a pyramid management style and not a matrix.
Great future growth potential
Vice President NA Sales, ESKO (a (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 27, 2018
Excellent company with a lot of professional growth potential. One of the best management philosophies implemented throughout the OpCos makes this one of the most diverse and interesting companies to work for.
Excellent use of DBS to deliver business results
Director of Carlsbad Operations (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAMarch 22, 2018
The Danaher Business System (DBS) enhanced my professional knowledge of Lean and taught me the breakthrough results that can be accomplished with the rigor and the discipline of the practice. I had the opportunity to work directly with Japanese SenSeis in the application of Lean methodologies.
Pros
Very collaborative work environment
Cons
Some facilities should be upgraded