Danbury Public Schools Employee Reviews

Not a district to retire from.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTApril 17, 2019
very little support from higher tier administrators and HR are bullies with no regard for value of employees. Paperwork and bottom line more important than people.
Great for college students
Assist site facilitator (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTMay 6, 2018
Great job for college students. Gives you side money while going to school. Fun if you like kids. Weekends off. Causal dressing. Simple job for anyone.
Not a bad job
Special Education Tutor (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTMay 2, 2018
Being a tutor at Danbury has been pleasant and comfortable. This is a very stable job with great hours and nice enough people. It can be exhausting but not in a bad way, the kids keep you busy so the day doesn't drag.Personally I had to leave to further my degree, and I had to further my degree because nobody can live comfortably in this area on $15/hour. However, the benefits are excellent. Would be a great job for someone with kids and a two income family. The bosses are fine and generally not breathing down your neck, professional and respectful atmosphere. You'll get what you give here.
Alright I guess
Student Technical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTApril 11, 2018
I got paid above minimum wage so that was pretty neat. Also there is air conditioning and sometimes even food. However it varies wildly in stress levels i.e some events will require a lot more in terms of work or time than others and you can have them back to back.
Interesting job by helping others to communicate
ESL Interpreter/Translator (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTFebruary 14, 2018
The job is part time on call. It Offers no benefits
However I do enjoy helping other to communicate and have their ideas expressed
I serve as a translator during meetings with school professionals and parents.
Job experiece
ESL Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTFebruary 5, 2018
Great faculty, enrichment experience.I worked with all grades in Elementary school. I was the ELL Para. I will run into classrooms and focus on the ELL students
Fun place to work
Wrestling Coach (Current Employee) –  Lakeside Marblehead, OHDecember 12, 2017
DPS is a very laid back work environment. I get my job done in less than three hours everyday. Everyone is very respectful towards me as a wrestling coach.
Team environment, with hard-working staff
Literacy Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTDecember 6, 2017
Very busy school with a large staff. The climate is welcoming and friendly. I would recommend this school in Danbury, and the students are wonderful.
fun place to work
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTOctober 1, 2017
i love and enjoy what i do at Danburybd of ed being a custodian.
i people i work with are really great and i love it
i have learned so much about being a custodian at danbury
the hard part of my job i think is when i have to travel in the winter to work because i am 45 min from Danbury
Not A Good Place
Special Education Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTApril 25, 2017
If you want to get treated like a puppet and get paid like nothing, this is the place for you. You work hard and get very little appreciation. The teachers have egos.
Pros
Paid Snow Days, Short Work days
Cons
Pay is awful, People are not nice
Very busy but enjoyable place to work
Paraprofessional Bilingual & ESL Programs (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTApril 14, 2017
My typical day is divided by two schools. In the morning, I assist the kindergarten teacher with the normal day to day routines. In the afternoon, I'm at another elementary school in the ESL Program working with groups of children. I enjoy both positions very much.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJanuary 17, 2017
Work with special education students for their regular teacher. Taught them math, english, spelling, nursery rhymes, art, took the students to lunch and their music or library activities.
Pros
Working with children.
Cons
No health care
Learning Environment all the time!
Technology Assistant (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTJanuary 2, 2017
Danbury Public School provides a learning environment in "technology department", and working as a team and find out how to solve everyday challenge is amazing.
Productive and fun workplace , with constant travel and networking oppurtunies
Student Video Worker (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTDecember 6, 2015
A typical day at work would be consist of earl arrival for set up of camera equipment, preparation, meeting board of education members, senators, and school officials. The hardest part is making sure the live stream is running efficiently and the camera have a high battery percentage and theres lots of storage. The most enjoyable part is getting a sneak peek on how the school system is being upgraded and advanced before things actually take place.
Pros
Free Coffee and Snacks
Cons
Not enough hours
The most enjoyable part of the job
A.C.E., CT. - English Teacher (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTNovember 22, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is working directly with the students and monitoring their growth academically as well as in a social-emotional way. The Alternative Center for Excellence branch of Danbury Public Schools promotes education of the whole child and provides opportunities for students to demonstrate growth in and outside of the classroom.
Pros
Promotes connections between students, families, and teachers
Cons
High stress environment
Productive diverse education program
Program Associate of the Extended Learning Program (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTNovember 12, 2015
After school program for Danbury Public Schools from the time 3-6pm where children can study learn play and be cared for. Support for parents that must work late.
Tutor/Non-Certified Teacher (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTAugust 27, 2015
Working with disabled children consisted a lot of work and patience. You enter the classroom and already change diapers, start trials, feeding and play time. You grow to enjoy and love the children you work with. We're there to help them in ways they can't help themselves but little do they know they help us become the person we never thought we would.
Pros
Very Enjoyable
Cons
N/a
I enjoyed teacing 4th grade but wanted to obtain a School Counselor position.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTNovember 16, 2014
I ahd a nice experience teaching 4th graders their academics subjects. I was well liked by by co-workers and had a supporitve principal who assisted me when needed.
Pros
Excellent learnign experience.
Cons
Lower pay scale.
Enjoy working with Children
Safety Advocate Officer and Residency Officer (Current Employee) –  21 Memorial Drive, Danbury, Ct 06810July 21, 2014
Danbury Public School is a great place to work but my position doesn't have medical or advancement. A typical day is helping with the security and the discipline of students. I also protect all staff within the building. I am being utilized as part of the administrative team and I have been learning more and more on how the school system works.

I work with a great bunch of people who are very personable and helpful. The hardest part of the job is being on my feet the entire time and making sure that people are following the safety and security procedures. I enjoy dealing with children. I have a great repore with them and am able to keep incidents down to a bare minimum.
Pros
Minimal supervision, free lunch and able to deal with children.
Cons
Really no room for advancement, no medicl.
This positiion is an as-needed basis in the 22 schools of the Danbury Public School system.
Interpreter/Translator (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTNovember 6, 2013
This job has provided me with an opportunity to start working in a bilingual field outside of the classroom. I have found that I find the work very rewarding and I enjoy helping out parents, as well as, students in getting their needs accurately presented and corresponding feedback from service providers. My co-workers and staff are very friendly and very helpful and are concerned with my needs, as well.The hardest part is not having a list of common terms that are frequently used by the service providers. I typically work on an as-needed basis.
Pros
Ample notificiation time of upcooming translations/interpreting
Cons
Not enough work. I was led to believe that I would have more hours.