Dance With Me Dance Studios Employee Reviews

Studio
Dance Instructor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 3, 2018
Ups and downs, pros and cons, location did not help matters, too close to competition, owner not always on the ball, needed to put her trust in qualified managers. However, the atmosphere is amazing, always fun and excellent dance instructors.
Unfairly Compensated
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lee, NJOctober 13, 2017
I was lied to about how much I would be paid. They took advantage of my willingness to work and overscheduled me. Petty and unproffesional management. Nonstop gossip amongst management. I was ridiculed time and time again about my appearance; my hair, makeup and body type.
Cons
Salary, no benefits, abusive management, toxic work environment
"Why Dance With Me Rocks!"
Assistant Manager/ Social Dance Director (Current Employee) –  Midtown New York, NYMarch 17, 2016
It will be 3 years that I have worked for Dance With Me and it has literally changed my life. In a little less then 3 years I went from being an instructor to a studio manager to a social dance director. Aside from the fantastic benefits such as health insurance, paid holidays and paid sick days, Dance With Me is a place for you to grow both as dance professional and in your personal life. Yes there are many dance companies that you could work for. But wouldn't you enjoy working for a place that prides itself in treating their staff and students like family? To truly be cared for, educated and inspired! It's an incredible company with an abundance of opportunities for anyone who works hard and truly enjoys making a difference in other peoples lives. This is why we are #DWMFAM. I hope to see you all on the Dance With Me dance floor!
Pros
Health Benefits, Paid Holidays, Competition and Performance Opportunities, Dance & Business Training, Team Building Opportunities, Fun!
Cons
No studio location Overseas yet:)
This job is not work!!!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Glen Head, NYMarch 14, 2016
The reason I say that this job is not work is because it's not. It's an environment where fun is promoted, being silly is actually a good thing and managers strive to make sure their staff and students are happy.
This company will always protect its employees providing that you are a hard worker and you are genuinely wanting to make a difference in someone else's life. The hashtag dwmfam was popularized because DWM is and will become your family. It's a fun place to work at, really good people who are always willing to help in any way possible and a great set of managers/trainers that are really always available to give information and opinions about anything.
Pros
Positive environment, Great coworkers, Growth opportunity
Supportive environment with tools for success
Studio Manager (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTMarch 11, 2016
I have been working for Dance with me for four years. I began as an instructor, became a co-manager, and am now the sole manager of a studio. I have worked for other dance studios in the past, and I can tell you that I would never want to work for a dance studio other than Dance with Me again. DWM provides the perfect environment for anyone with a hunger for success. Through dance training, business training, performance and competition opportunities, this is a company that provides you with all of the tools needed to meet your career goals. The best thing about DWM is that they really care about their staff and students. Starting from the top down, they will bend over backwards to support you on your road to success.
Pros
dance training, business training, family culture, fun fast paced enviroment
Fun and Elegant Place to Work!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lee, NJMarch 11, 2016
Very family oriented and extremely fun place to work!
They recognize hard work and appreciate the value of each individual employee.
They offer benefits and stability and never hesitate to promote within!
Lots of opportunities for growth, training and experience for administrative staff and dance instructors alike.
Pros
hard work and dedication never goes unnoticed!
Amazing company and work environment!
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTMarch 11, 2016
I have been at DWM since June 2014, and I love this company so much, I am now one of the recruiters. My position is a dream job, because I know how much this company has provided for me, and I get to introduce others to the "DWM Fam" and watch them grow as dancers, business professionals, and leaders.

This company has amazing, forward-thinking owners and managers who are always finding ways to improve the quality of our dance lessons for clients, and the quality of our work environment and benefits for teachers. They assist dance instructors with relocation costs and even housing when needed, which is very important for our international staff. Administrative Assistants and Instructors who demonstrate the right qualities and ambition have opportunities to become managers, or help in other growing departments.

Best of all it is just FUN to work here. Our clients are happy and we spend our days surrounded by dance, music, and creativity. Our Teachers, Administrative Staff, and Managers have opportunities to dance and perform frequently.
Pros
Competitive Pay, Growth Opportunities, Training with Top Professional, Creative Opportunities, Performance Opportunities, Supportive Network of Professionals
Cons
Not in enough cities, Yet! :)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dance With Me Dance Studios. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about