Dance With Me Dance Studios Employee Reviews

Unideal administrative position- outdated software and organizational system
Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 9, 2019
Hiring process beings with an interview, and then an "audition week". I believe that they start all admin at $11 with room for advancement. This week is M-F 4 hours daily, for me it was 2 hours on video chat doing training, then 2 hours of observation (with little to do and was let home early, still paid though). After that they decide if you would like to stay and if they would like to keep you.

I decided to leave after that week due an opportunity with far better working conditions. Take into consideration that this was only one week of work, but with generous insight into the operations.

Firstly, the scheduling system is very outdated and confusing. Not necessarily hard to learn, but needlessly complicated when there are many alternatives made in the past decade. Most sales are logged in an excel sheet in coordination with the outdated system, which is effective but again, unnecessary with proper software. Also, sales is involved but also not completely efficient either, with poor lead categorization on the scheduling software and most communication is through a text app and email.

This is a growing nationwide franchise in competition with other ballroom studios, but still behind in organization, possibly due to lack of experience. Management is everywhere and could possibly be better structured.

Will admit though, can be a fun work environment with the people but this location was not very fast paced. If you are looking for even a mildly stimulating work environment, definitely not the place.
Pros
A unique work environment and free dance classes!
Cons
Disorganized, slow, poor software
Liars and unfair
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLDecember 6, 2018
They tell you that you’re hired not that it’s an audition. The current “admin” can’t eveb speak clear English and their trainer can’t remeber anyone’s name. They keep you for a few days then say they don’t need you but won’t tell you why.
Studio
Dance Instructor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 3, 2018
Ups and downs, pros and cons, location did not help matters, too close to competition, owner not always on the ball, needed to put her trust in qualified managers. However, the atmosphere is amazing, always fun and excellent dance instructors.
FUN place to work and meet new people!
administrative (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 30, 2018
You get to meet many people from other studio locations during events (which happens every 3-4 months). There's definitely a variety of cultures in the company which always make social events fun. This is NOT your basic cubicle and desk setting. There's always music playing and during times that lessons are not going on, instructors and admins occasionally act silly. It's definitely a different vibe than working in a typical corporate office setting.

The hardest part would be to keep track of the people you talk to (in any position). Even if you work in one studio for the majority of your time, chances are you will communicate with other studios during collaborative events and training. This can be a challenge for people who do not attend/work events since that's an opportunity to meet people from other locations.

They value great customer service, respect, and a certain level of initiative. They are always evolving and try to keep their employees best interest in mind and in return they expect certain tasks to be done right.
Pros
Fun Environment, Creative Opportunities, Social and Team Building Events, Growth Opportunities, Discount Perks, Ongoing Training
Cons
Benefits can be better (currently evolving)
Unfairly Compensated
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lee, NJOctober 13, 2017
I was lied to about how much I would be paid. They took advantage of my willingness to work and overscheduled me. Petty and unproffesional management. Nonstop gossip amongst management. I was ridiculed time and time again about my appearance; my hair, makeup and body type.
Cons
Salary, no benefits, abusive management, toxic work environment
"Why Dance With Me Rocks!"
Assistant Manager/ Social Dance Director (Current Employee) –  Midtown New York, NYMarch 17, 2016
It will be 3 years that I have worked for Dance With Me and it has literally changed my life. In a little less then 3 years I went from being an instructor to a studio manager to a social dance director. Aside from the fantastic benefits such as health insurance, paid holidays and paid sick days, Dance With Me is a place for you to grow both as dance professional and in your personal life. Yes there are many dance companies that you could work for. But wouldn't you enjoy working for a place that prides itself in treating their staff and students like family? To truly be cared for, educated and inspired! It's an incredible company with an abundance of opportunities for anyone who works hard and truly enjoys making a difference in other peoples lives. This is why we are #DWMFAM. I hope to see you all on the Dance With Me dance floor!
Pros
Health Benefits, Paid Holidays, Competition and Performance Opportunities, Dance & Business Training, Team Building Opportunities, Fun!
Cons
No studio location Overseas yet:)
This job is not work!!!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Glen Head, NYMarch 14, 2016
The reason I say that this job is not work is because it's not. It's an environment where fun is promoted, being silly is actually a good thing and managers strive to make sure their staff and students are happy.
This company will always protect its employees providing that you are a hard worker and you are genuinely wanting to make a difference in someone else's life. The hashtag dwmfam was popularized because DWM is and will become your family. It's a fun place to work at, really good people who are always willing to help in any way possible and a great set of managers/trainers that are really always available to give information and opinions about anything.
Pros
Positive environment, Great coworkers, Growth opportunity
Supportive environment with tools for success
Studio Manager (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTMarch 11, 2016
I have been working for Dance with me for four years. I began as an instructor, became a co-manager, and am now the sole manager of a studio. I have worked for other dance studios in the past, and I can tell you that I would never want to work for a dance studio other than Dance with Me again. DWM provides the perfect environment for anyone with a hunger for success. Through dance training, business training, performance and competition opportunities, this is a company that provides you with all of the tools needed to meet your career goals. The best thing about DWM is that they really care about their staff and students. Starting from the top down, they will bend over backwards to support you on your road to success.
Pros
dance training, business training, family culture, fun fast paced enviroment
Fun and Elegant Place to Work!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lee, NJMarch 11, 2016
Very family oriented and extremely fun place to work!
They recognize hard work and appreciate the value of each individual employee.
They offer benefits and stability and never hesitate to promote within!
Lots of opportunities for growth, training and experience for administrative staff and dance instructors alike.
Pros
hard work and dedication never goes unnoticed!
Amazing company and work environment!
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTMarch 11, 2016
I have been at DWM since June 2014, and I love this company so much, I am now one of the recruiters. My position is a dream job, because I know how much this company has provided for me, and I get to introduce others to the "DWM Fam" and watch them grow as dancers, business professionals, and leaders.

This company has amazing, forward-thinking owners and managers who are always finding ways to improve the quality of our dance lessons for clients, and the quality of our work environment and benefits for teachers. They assist dance instructors with relocation costs and even housing when needed, which is very important for our international staff. Administrative Assistants and Instructors who demonstrate the right qualities and ambition have opportunities to become managers, or help in other growing departments.

Best of all it is just FUN to work here. Our clients are happy and we spend our days surrounded by dance, music, and creativity. Our Teachers, Administrative Staff, and Managers have opportunities to dance and perform frequently.
Pros
Competitive Pay, Growth Opportunities, Training with Top Professional, Creative Opportunities, Performance Opportunities, Supportive Network of Professionals
Cons
Not in enough cities, Yet! :)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dance With Me Dance Studios. Our community is ready to answer.

Dance With Me Dance Studios Reviews by Location