Dane Street Employee Reviews

Moving & Growing
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLMay 17, 2018
Been with the company now 9 months. You have to work and when you work, you grow. The company is growing fast and have a team put in place that is really doing some great changes. Happy to be on this team!!!
Pros
New HR Team is pretty amazing! New Senior Management is awesome and hears us!
Cons
Would really like a game room, on my wish list.
Do not work here
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Palm BeachMarch 18, 2018
Very unstable account. Company is not flexible. Management issues galore. You will be stressed from day. Poor training, poor communication, and they play dumb a lot.
Beware of Dane Street
Midwest VP of Operations and Sales (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLFebruary 28, 2018
Horrible company to work for. Stay away the management is cut throat as I seen first hand. They fired a sales rep 3 month in her employment then asked me to do it. I do not recommend this company.
No good
QA Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 9, 2018
This place was horrible, they cant keep employees longer than their 90 day probationary period. It was like a revolving door. Management was even worse. No clear training, and the doctors they use get a free pass with the things they write in their reports.
Beware.
Look elsewhere
QA Specialist (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLFebruary 8, 2018
This place was a joke. Under-qualified and under-educated managers try and push their work off on employees. Managers are vulgar, rude, and bullies. Stand up to them and they try to fire you. Monotonous, unfulfilling work with a slave-like culture. If you are sick or absent 5 days out of the year, automatic termination. Please, just stay way unless you are desperate. This company is greedy and treats their employees like trash! Any positive reviews most likely planted by their administration.
Pros
Cons
See above
Horrible place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLFebruary 8, 2018
Managers care only about themselves. They will micro manage you right out the door. They think throwing free food at you once a month will keep you around while they work you to death. Please take what people say about this place under consideration before applying
Cons
Micromanagement, punch a clock, short lunches, horrible pay
Run, don't walk, away
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLJuly 6, 2017
There is no work-life balance with this company. They push and push to get you to work over fifty hours a week, calling you at home before your shift or stacking work up on your desk before you can leave. Extremely stressful situation, overtime pay was nice, but I've got a family and a wife that I want to see, not spend every waking hour at Dane Street.

It would be fine if all the overtime was optional, but it wasn't, and they made sure you knew it. They are understaffed and until they fix that, they're going to work the remaining employees to the max.
Pros
Pizza lunch some Fridays
Cons
Horrible atmosphere
Good Company but still has growing pains
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 12, 2016
Management is not overbearing or too demanding. People are expected to to their job and as long as this is accomplished, there is no problem.

The company is still growing so there are departmental issues, growing pains, and a general lack of communication.
While I loved the job I was doing, management sucked
QA Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLApril 7, 2016
I started off at the bottom of the food chain and worked my way up quickly. However, after our VP was dismissed (rather abruptly), management fell apart. I was forced to work 11+ hours of day sometimes for than 5 days a week. I had to cancel multiple doctor's appointments because they couldn't spare me and I was even "advised" to quit my secondary job because they need me working late almost every day. They do not have any respect for their employees and the only good part was the panel of doctors you were working with
Pros
Great panel of physicians
Cons
Insane hours, not understanding management, cancellation of required time off
Corporate Side
IT Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jamaica Plain, MASeptember 12, 2015
I worked on the corporate side of the office and it provided an interesting perspective on how this company runs and where it's priorities lay.
Don't be fooled by the benefits. You won't be employed long enough to get them!
Proofreader (Former Employee) –  Huntington, NYJuly 21, 2015
Dane Street, started in 2008, is based out of Boston. It's a fairly young company that offers 3 weeks vacations to start, 50 cents on the dollar for profit sharing up to 3%, with vested status after two years, health and dental after the appropriate waiting period, and all the major paid holidays, including the day after Thanksgiving.
DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE!
The NY office started in January 2015. I replaced the proofreader that was there roughly 6 months, just long enough to get her first weeks vacation, but fired right before this came to pass.
This is a fairly common pattern among small companies: they offer you impressive benefits that they have no intention of following through with. There will be some excuse to fire you prior to reaping the benefits that were detailed to you during orientation, and their usual excuse is that you're not doing your job The Dane Street Way.
The first time you hear this, it's a warning that you will be shortly terminated. The Dane Street Way is not documented anywhere as corporate by-laws, it's just whatever the manager makes up on any given day, and can range from clothing to paper use.
Ask yourself what small office (my office had 6 full time people - two were managers), that's barely seven years old can afford to give you 3 weeks vacation at the beginning of your employment, including all major holidays, and an impressive profit sharing contribution. If you say: "That doesn't sound feasible," then you just realized that that's The Dane Street Way!
If you're looking for short term, low paying employment, this is the company
  more... for you.  less
Pros
They try to go green with paper.
Cons
Inconsistent, undocumented infractions that all fall under The Dane Street Way
Revolving Door
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLAugust 19, 2014
As a CSR not much room for advancement and raises are standard at a 3% raise. management promotes a horrible work environment including extra unnecessary stress.
Pros
401K
Cons
Short lunches, Benefits not worth much
Lack of challenge
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLJanuary 9, 2014
I enjoyed the people I worked with. It was a friendly and fun atmosphere and I actually enjoyed going into work each morning. I felt the leadership team was not great.

One of the reasons I left is that I felt I was not challenged enough at the job. As a new employee in the working world, the company offers a great opportunity for a good entry level position. However, after being there, I felt I was not able to reach my full potential because of the lack of challenge and there was no room for advancement in the company. While I did enjoy working there and appreciate the skills I developed while with the company, I feel my skill set can be better utilized elsewhere, where my capabilities are more recognized and there is the opportunity for growth.
Productive and fun place to work.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAMarch 26, 2013
Sent out emails to doctors reminding them that they had pending utilization reviews due back that day. Then the rest of the day was inputting data for utilization reviews into our computer system and then assigning them to doctors for review.

There was a great team in the office and we all worked well together. The hardest part of the job was that there was enough work coming in, so I was constantly having to make sure I was keeping myself busy.
Pros
teamwork, positive work environment.
Cons
lack of work coming in to keep staff busy.
Ok company great potential poor management
Credentialing Assistant/ Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLDecember 4, 2012
Great, CEO and COO, The company needs better management however.