DANFOSS Power Solutions Employee Reviews

Not what it used to be
Sales Development Manager (Current Employee) –  MidwestJune 5, 2018
No one internal applies for current jobs. It takes months to fill current openings. New leaders are working hard to get rid of entrenched clan culture but keeping clan leaders. Raises are terrible even in great years.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
24 time zones of meetings
Good work experience
Operations Technician (Current Employee) –  Ames, IAApril 19, 2018
I've really enjoyed working with Danfoss. The work environment is great, as well as the other employees. Management does a great job accommodating for employees the best they can. They are always open to suggestions to improve the facility and operations.
Machinist (Current Employee) –  Freeport, ILApril 11, 2018
It's a far drive and only get .50 a hour to work 3rd shift. Good pay and benefits clean shop and good people. Paid 20 min lunch and 10 min break. I like working at Danfoss power solutions.
Productive Workplace
Team Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ames, IAFebruary 9, 2018
Danfoss is a productive and demanding workplace that is full of great co-workers. In production operations the employees are pushed to achieve and surpass production goals and perform work to the standard process while creating a fun and competitive work environment.
Great Benefits
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Freeport, ILJanuary 17, 2018
a typical day for me consists of a 7 min drive to work, which is hard to beat, I have learned to be a team player, strong quality skills, machine operation. Management is management, what I can I say, no matter where you work you have to learn how to react and adapt to what management asks out of you.
Danfoss Power Solutions
Process Development Specialist (on Contract) (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNDecember 14, 2017
Stable work environment. The people are friendly, helpful, and easy to work with. The deadlines on internal projects are reasonable and input on suggested improvements is well received.
Great company with growth in its future
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Ames, IADecember 11, 2017
I have thoroughly enjoyed my time with this company. I have been provided with many opportunities during my time here, and have never been inhibited in my quest the learn the industry. They truly care about their employees and we have a voice in the direction of the company. Some perceived drawbacks from my point of view revolve around the bureaucratic procedures which tend to exist in a company of this size. The company has grown faster than the day to day processes have evolved. As a result, the company is slower than it could be at responding to customers. The culture has also embraced what I perceive as an outdated way of working. Working remotely is not widely accepted and in some ways frowned upon. The location in the corn belt also means that culture in the geographical area is one of stagnancy and does not promote forward thinking in the way that a person from a big city (like myself) might expect.
Great company
Transportation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore County, MDNovember 17, 2017
Great work/life balance
Learned the industry
a typical day at work is balanced
great morale
hardest part of the job, job advancement in a matrix organization
Pros
work/life balance
Great community
Engineering Specialist Intern at Parts and Service (Former Employee) –  Ames, IAAugust 27, 2017
Work and community combine well here, with outside of work events and fun/happy people. The work you do there is great and it is cool to see how smoothly Danfoss runs things
Pros
Involvement outside the office
Listening to Music
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Ames, IAAugust 14, 2017
I work at Danfoss and u sit for hours and i don't like that and I want something different and you put parts together and you don't get done at 3:00pm
Safe place and good people
Back Up Cell Expert (Former Employee) –  Ames, IAAugust 2, 2017
the culture at Danfoss is centered around safety. this is great considering the job could be very dangerous if the precautions they take weren't implemented. They care about their employees.
good place to work
Production/worker/Satety specialist (Current Employee) –  Ames, IAJuly 6, 2017
I loved working there, had I not had my accident I would still be working there, there is a great culture and management truly seems to care about your home life and your advancement
Great people
Sales Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Ames, IAMay 26, 2017
No career path for anyone and now every Executive is hired from outside the company as no one internal applies. If they do apply and have not been there 5+ years they are not considered. Raises are 1-3% except for (8) executive committee members which have gone up $12m in the last (3) years.
Not a very good employer after the rebranding
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Ames, IAOctober 20, 2016
work is hard and fast paced and the workers are very unappeciated. there is not alot of time for family life. The line workers have no say in improvements.
Pros
good hours
Cons
no advancement unless you have connections
Great place to work, friendly people
Contract Firmware Engineer (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMay 27, 2016
Danfoss Power Solutions is a division of a larger company based in Nordborg, Denmark. Many talented engineers and technicians make up a cooperative team that works together.
Pros
Professional atmosphere, all personnel are productive people.
Cons
Contract expired due to successful completion of the project
productive and safe working enviroment, great work atmosphere
Production Operations Technician (P.O.T.) (Former Employee) –  Ames IowaAugust 6, 2015
I enjoyed working at Danfoss Power Solutions, they really take the time to get to know you to learn your strengths are to help you succeed.
Pros
full cafeteria
Cons
short breaks
Great place to work as a professional.
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Easley, SCJuly 29, 2015
Work environment is medium to fast paced.
Environment promotes a great work to life balance.

Hardest part of the job in production as an engineer is persevering when directions change, resources are pulled, and deadlines do not reflect the new challenges.

Solving daily technical issues as a team with the maintenance personnel, and production operators is enjoyable, and energizing.
Great company, not sure I want to leave.
Quality Inspector/Receiving inspection (Current Employee) –  Ames, IAJune 9, 2015
I reallly like working for this company, really not sure if I want to leave but I am curious to see what's out there in the job market.
Great place to work but doesnt pay well
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ames, IAMay 19, 2015
great place to work if they would pay more per hour and allow quicker advancement. Most the people that work there are good at their job while others just stand around and bug the workers.
Pros
good work life balance, extra hours if you want, cafeteria on sight but you have to pay too much for food.
Cons
takes to long to be fully hired on from temp status, .should be based on work ability not start date. money is very low.
A good place to work
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Easley, SCMarch 29, 2015
A nice company to be a part of. Have learned a lot from working with them. Needs some changes to help save the company from failing in the future.