DANFOSS Power Solutions Employee Reviews

Would recommend
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYNovember 28, 2018
Awesome place to work would recommend to a friend friendly coworkers awesome management and wonderful benefits fun place to work at great pay and absolutely
A fun place to work and a great culture
Senior Buyer / Planner Contractor (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNOctober 25, 2018
Started day reviewing production shortages after participating in a daily walk-through of the production floor, discussing component quality and availability issues. I learned how to use SAP MRP system to analyze forecast & demand data to procure components. It is a safe and challenging work environment. Good management team. The toughest part of the day was usually the commute. The people were very helpful and enjoyed working with my co-workers, fun environment.
Pros
People, environment / culture, relationships
Cons
no benefits since contractor, micro-managed, commute
Run far away
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Easley, SCOctober 23, 2018
My tenure started pretty smooth, but with unreal expectations from managment the place quickly became a nightmare.The "Lean" commitee had very limited knowledge of day to day operations but still would make changes depending upon what looked good on paper.
Confortable, fun and save
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Mountainside, NJSeptember 6, 2018
Very good company save place clean and comfortable I was filed very good because the company always work for the employees I like the place and my coworkers
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Short break
Danfoss
Production Operator Technician (Former Employee) –  Ames, IAJuly 30, 2018
Danfoss was a good company for me I really enjoyed it. And I’m so thankful for everything they have done for me and teached me. I will recommend family and friends to go work there because they have so much to offer such as health insurance etc.
Not what it used to be
Sales Development Manager (Current Employee) –  MidwestJune 5, 2018
No one internal applies for current jobs. It takes months to fill current openings. New leaders are working hard to get rid of entrenched clan culture but keeping clan leaders. Raises are terrible even in great years.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
24 time zones of meetings
Global Corporation with ability to work on cross functional teams
Trade Show & Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ames, IAApril 30, 2018
Global company with ability to work on cross functional teams. Company enabled you to work from anywhere in the world. Professional development was encouraged.
Good work experience
Operations Technician (Current Employee) –  Ames, IAApril 19, 2018
I've really enjoyed working with Danfoss. The work environment is great, as well as the other employees. Management does a great job accommodating for employees the best they can. They are always open to suggestions to improve the facility and operations.
Machinist (Current Employee) –  Freeport, ILApril 11, 2018
It's a far drive and only get .50 a hour to work 3rd shift. Good pay and benefits clean shop and good people. Paid 20 min lunch and 10 min break. I like working at Danfoss power solutions.
Productive Workplace
Team Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ames, IAFebruary 9, 2018
Danfoss is a productive and demanding workplace that is full of great co-workers. In production operations the employees are pushed to achieve and surpass production goals and perform work to the standard process while creating a fun and competitive work environment.
Great Benefits
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Freeport, ILJanuary 17, 2018
a typical day for me consists of a 7 min drive to work, which is hard to beat, I have learned to be a team player, strong quality skills, machine operation. Management is management, what I can I say, no matter where you work you have to learn how to react and adapt to what management asks out of you.
Danfoss Power Solutions
Process Development Specialist (on Contract) (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNDecember 14, 2017
Stable work environment. The people are friendly, helpful, and easy to work with. The deadlines on internal projects are reasonable and input on suggested improvements is well received.
Great company with growth in its future
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Ames, IADecember 11, 2017
I have thoroughly enjoyed my time with this company. I have been provided with many opportunities during my time here, and have never been inhibited in my quest the learn the industry. They truly care about their employees and we have a voice in the direction of the company. Some perceived drawbacks from my point of view revolve around the bureaucratic procedures which tend to exist in a company of this size. The company has grown faster than the day to day processes have evolved. As a result, the company is slower than it could be at responding to customers. The culture has also embraced what I perceive as an outdated way of working. Working remotely is not widely accepted and in some ways frowned upon. The location in the corn belt also means that culture in the geographical area is one of stagnancy and does not promote forward thinking in the way that a person from a big city (like myself) might expect.
Great company
Transportation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore County, MDNovember 17, 2017
Great work/life balance
Learned the industry
a typical day at work is balanced
great morale
hardest part of the job, job advancement in a matrix organization
Pros
work/life balance
Great community
Engineering Specialist Intern at Parts and Service (Former Employee) –  Ames, IAAugust 27, 2017
Work and community combine well here, with outside of work events and fun/happy people. The work you do there is great and it is cool to see how smoothly Danfoss runs things
Pros
Involvement outside the office
Listening to Music
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Ames, IAAugust 14, 2017
I work at Danfoss and u sit for hours and i don't like that and I want something different and you put parts together and you don't get done at 3:00pm
Safe place and good people
Back Up Cell Expert (Former Employee) –  Ames, IAAugust 2, 2017
the culture at Danfoss is centered around safety. this is great considering the job could be very dangerous if the precautions they take weren't implemented. They care about their employees.
good place to work
Production/worker/Satety specialist (Current Employee) –  Ames, IAJuly 6, 2017
I loved working there, had I not had my accident I would still be working there, there is a great culture and management truly seems to care about your home life and your advancement
Great people
Sales Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Ames, IAMay 26, 2017
No career path for anyone and now every Executive is hired from outside the company as no one internal applies. If they do apply and have not been there 5+ years they are not considered. Raises are 1-3% except for (8) executive committee members which have gone up $12m in the last (3) years.
Not a very good employer after the rebranding
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Ames, IAOctober 20, 2016
work is hard and fast paced and the workers are very unappeciated. there is not alot of time for family life. The line workers have no say in improvements.
Pros
good hours
Cons
no advancement unless you have connections