Danfoss Employee Reviews

Newer empolyee
Sourcing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Easley, SCMarch 15, 2019
Recently joined the company, culture is great compared to the environment that I had been working in. The global parts of the organization have been challenging in a good way. There has been a consistent drive to improve my skills and plenty of opportunities to meet new goals and advance in my career.
Pros
Enviroment, privately owned, global
Cons
Wellness Program
Use to be a great place to work
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Ames, IAMarch 14, 2019
A typical work day was filled with drama and distractions.Team member complaining to each other for 20 mins, how a fellow team mate took 15 min bathroom break. Management very political and played favorites.
Benefits
Cons
All the drama and complaining
Bad management ,poor communications,
Operator (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYMarch 8, 2019
Hopkinsville is a bad look for danfoss because of the existing management left behind by former ownership. White hydraulics was never a race or gender friendly workplace to start with,and it seems to be taking on the same or even worse mentality despite the Danfoss name
Pros
Pay
Cons
To many to list.just read the reviews
A decent company to begin you career
Procurement Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARMarch 4, 2019
Only work if you actually are starving for a job and looking to gain experience. If not i would recommend the Loves park facility compared to Arkadlphia- They do not treat the employees well and employees get treated like nothing here.
Awful workplace
Assembler Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Easley, SCMarch 1, 2019
An awful place to work for, I was trained on 1st shift for a 2nd shift position. The lady who was suppose to train me didnt train at all.She was too busy trying to make her numbers and was very condescending. .They don't care for the temp workers and make your training very difficult. The trainer would tell you what a good job you were doing then tell the supervisor something elseThere is a lot of workplace bullying where I was and it's like being in Middle school again.The upper management needs to pay attention to how things are handled with temp worker from their employees .
Pros
reasonable pay
Cons
Awful working conditions
Liked the postion
Inspection (Former Employee) –  Easley, SCFebruary 16, 2019
I wad always being intimidated by the African supervisor. It stressed me so much I just quit. Which i regretted because a very good friend helped me get hired. There are management that advantage of their position
When they should be more helpful and understanding and don't hold circumstances from other employment against me.
It's a job
Engineer I (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 5, 2019
The people are nice for the most part. This is a very political environment. People talk and like to encourage others to talk. I do not recommend engageingin this behavior. No one will come to you they will go to your manager.
boot licking at its finest.
Employee (Former Employee) –  IllinoisFebruary 5, 2019
there are more useless people and sucks up then any other company here. make a frat pack and go after people who dont suck up to them. cant find a worst company then this one even if u try to find one.
Pros
Cons
lots
Bad outweighs the good...
CNC Lathe Operator (Former Employee) –  Easley, SCJanuary 24, 2019
I worked as a CNC Lathe operator for 13 months. 58 hours a week. The department manager rules with an iron fist but hasn't machined a single part in his career. The department team coordinator was a bully of the likes you would find on a school yard somewhere only he was a grown man. Yes the pay is competitive and the benefits were up to par maybe even a little above industry standard. But on the other hand you get worked to death 6 days a week with no foreseeable end in sight and you have to deal with a bully who has the upper hand on the company and nothing can be done to solve the issue.
Pros
Clean, competitive pay and benefits.
Cons
Poor management, excessive overtime.
Review
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ames, IAJanuary 21, 2019
It's a good company to work for. They allow flexible hours depending on your manager. They expect a lot out of you. It is fast paced and the people are friendly.
Mandatory Overtime for half the year
Production Operations Technician (Former Employee) –  Ames, IAJanuary 10, 2019
Entire plant was put on mandatory overtime for over six months. Very little room for advancement. Different set of rules for management. Management cares little about your health
Fun but fast paced work area.
Forklift Operator/Assitant Team Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Loves Park, ILJanuary 8, 2019
This was a great place to work at, not only was it a fast paced work area but it also created a fun and safe enviroment that would keep everyone in a good mood and always be able to give 100% effort.
Horrible training, absent manager
HRIS Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNJanuary 3, 2019
I wanted to work at Danfoss because I thought the work from home opportunity was great. Little did I know that it came with a price. After working here a few months, I've only talked with my direct manager once. The conversation was short and he followed a script, no personal touch at all. The person that has been training me has done nothing be belittle my progress. I dread having to meet with her because I know there will be no commendation and lots of criticism. In my opinion, it's not worth it to work here.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Absent boss, critical trainer
Atmosphere
Computer Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLDecember 18, 2018
Loved the corporate life there, except when we transitioned from intermediate DanFoss Turbocor to full Danfoss, became rigid and uniform no longer had the smaller "family" friendly social atmosphere we enjoyed.
Pros
Global conglomerate with room for advancement
Cons
Excessive management
Can be good for some
MRO Buyer (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLDecember 13, 2018
In my experience there is a lack of interest in my role at Danfoss. I am ignored until they need someone to fill a role at which point I receive a new job or task. Dragging their feet hiring me full-time.
Ok Place to work
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Freeport, ILDecember 10, 2018
Ok place to work, too much outside control over operations and culture. Raises are below 3%, advancement is not really possible. Good stability good benefits.
Danfoss Hago
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Mountainside, NJDecember 6, 2018
Lack of communication between departments was an ongoing issue.

Plant announced their shut down right after New Year's this year.

Used to be a good place to work until new management took over
Cons
Same bonuses for all employees regardless of lengh of employment
Good place to work.
Oil-free Compressor sales (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLDecember 4, 2018
I enjoyed my time with Danfoss Turbocor. They met all of their commitments to me. They have very interesting technology, HVAC compressors that do not have any lubricating oil, but have magnetic bearings.
Pros
Located in Tallahassee, Fl.
Cons
Located in Tallahassee, Fl.
Productive and fun environment
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Loves Park, ILNovember 29, 2018
My day consisted of doing the same thing repeatedly all 10 hours of the day but it was peaceful and fun. I learned how to work on a assembly line and build drives. the management was awesome there. I left only because they were going through a supplier issue and was losing alot of money due to them canceling work. The people there were all really nice passionate and caring. Worked as a team. Which makes a job go much smoother.
Would recommend
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYNovember 28, 2018
Awesome place to work would recommend to a friend friendly coworkers awesome management and wonderful benefits fun place to work at great pay and absolutely