Daniel's Jewelers Employee Reviews

Terrible Place
Fine Jewelry Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CA 91764February 16, 2019
The turnover at Daniels is very high, they write up employees for any reason, from sales being to low, to how they show merchandise, to whatever they feel like complaining about on that day. Horrible place, not to mention the gossip.
Pros
Cons
No advancement.
excellent job opportunity
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  los ángeles CAOctober 24, 2018
Learned about business operations of the retail jewelry store, Retail job comes with long hours and the bonus and commission are tight up with the store performance. You will get half of the bonus if the team didn't make their goal 100%. If you need a job - it's a great place to start but if you want to grow in your career, there is no position like manager/district manager in training. There is no training at all for new comers.
Pros
learning about retail
Cons
no manager or district manager training program in place.
its a fun work place
DATA ENTRY CLERK (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAOctober 24, 2018
overall this job is ok I would prefer a better job but this will do for now I will recommend this job to people if they're patient. I learned that you have to be very focused because any little mistake is no good.
Pros
get over time when ever you need it
Cons
no raises and no talking
Learned alot about jewelry
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAOctober 11, 2018
Learned a lot about jewelry and learned what was real diamond and what wasn't.
At the time I worked here the minimum wage was 9.50 back then. So due to the year difference I cant really say the working benefits of today since times have changed
Pros
Learned about jewelry
Cons
Team would take half my commision since I was 19 at the time.
its OK.
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CASeptember 19, 2018
The company has very outdated system and policies. But its a stable job. Management lacks communication, and training. The pay could be better but good place to get experience and they work very well to accommodate any schedule changes you might need.
Unprofessional and not worth the hoops
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAAugust 5, 2018
Promised full time only got about 20 hours a week. Dress code is ridiculous . My shift was cancelled at the last minute. Sales expectations are unreasonable. Nothing is as it seemed with everything promised at interview. Hours are never steady. Left almost two weeks ago and havent been paid. Everything happens for a reason landed dream job after I left.
Pros
Cons
Strict dress code no hours and no return calls
Behind the times
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJuly 12, 2018
They are so behind the times. Still use a fax machine and hand written everything. Management butts into all sales so they can take part of your commission.
Aggressive Sales
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Paso Robles, CAJune 12, 2018
Extremely competitive and cutthroat. A brutal climate of jockying for sales. Mgmt does not properly manage the jeweler. Out of control favoritism of "pet" employees
Pros
beautiful store
Cons
unprofessional
Nice place to work
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Huntington Park, CAJune 8, 2018
We worked as a team. We see each other as family members/ close friends. Good atmosphere, harmonious place to work. You learn a lot of sales techniques.
Stay away!
Keyholder (Former Employee) –  ArizonaMarch 5, 2018
If you enjoy peanuts and corporate politics, this is the place.

If you enjoy watching the busiest revolving door in the world, this is the place, watch as literally almost every day someone quits.
Cons
horrible pay and a hostile work environment.
Worst
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJanuary 26, 2018
This company sucks and so does the people dont work for these people greedy selfish luars corporate greed they claim to be a family well i know different
Fun place to work at, great co workers and awesome manager
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJanuary 6, 2018
I enjoyed working at the store, i had fun at times with my co workers and the manager. It was hectic on some days but we managed to make sales every month. If i had the chance to go back i would think about returning.
Pros
Great costumer service
Cons
Alot of pressure, being told you were guilty at stuff that werent true
Very competitive and cutthroat
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAOctober 19, 2017
Sales very good paying job at the time but it came with my sacrifices. Holidays away from your family long hours working weekends dealing with cheap people and management not wanting to be involved.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
No lunches long hours
Competitive Workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Paso Robles, CAOctober 10, 2017
Hiting quota is a must if you want to make good money, which can be difficult since its really just luck if a customer wants to spend $100 or $1000. The company is pushing faxing credit applications, but even though associates are hitting quotas without them it seems like soon the company will include faxes as terms of hitting quota.
Pros
Spiffs
Okay place to work in.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CAJune 6, 2017
Managers are constantly changed and the company does not seem to value employees. This job can be pretty intense and stressful. Managers are always on top of you and the pay is not so great.
Pros
Can be flexible.
Cons
The hours are long.
Review for Daniels Jewelers
Sales (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 27, 2017
Selling jewelry was interesting and fun I enjoyed the people I worked with and I especially liked working for my manager.
Most difficult part was having a huge quota to meet every month but at the end of the month meeting that quota was very rewarding on many levels.
Excellent
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CADecember 22, 2016
I loved everything about the place. From my manager Shon. To all my sells associates. Such a lively and fun place and everybody worked hard.
Pros
Half priced jewelry, great work hours and benefits
You have been warned
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CASeptember 29, 2016
Favoritism, low pay, jealousy and immature fake male employees. I'm glad I only work there for only 2 weeks. Worse company I have ever worked for. I'm sure you need a job. My opinion look elsewhere. Save yourself from the headache.
Pros
Cons
Not a heathy work environment.
Productive ad outgoing workplace
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAApril 25, 2016
A typical day at work would be to call our customers and remind them about their appointments and if they would like to make their appointment as were on the phone with them then we would take it. I learned how to manage accounts and take bills over the phone. Also i learned to cope with rude customers. My co-workers were easy going and friendly and very helpful. The hardest part about my job was dealing with the rude customers especially when they would pay a payment in advanced they would think it counted as a payment but we would have to tell them it would only count as a deduction from their original total and some would not understand. The most enjoyable part about my job was the fact that I learned a lot of different skills.
Pros
outgoing people
Cons
short breaks
Productive and fun working enviornment
Key holder / Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hemet, CAJanuary 19, 2016
Daniel's Jewelers has given me the experience for satisfying and improving customer service, always providing proper office work etiquette, and maintaining responsible management and organizing the store's needs. The hardest part about what I do for the company is making sure I complete my individual quota. It can be stressful, because if the quota is not met, there is a possibility of being let go. However, I like to challenge myself and to always improve my skills and communication. I enjoy building relationships with customers and co-workers, while sharing the abilities I have developed in order to help others.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Daniel's Jewelers. Our community is ready to answer.