Danis Construction

Working at Danis Construction: 26 Reviews

United States26 reviews

goodcompanyjobgreattimeprojectworkingdanis

One of the best companies you can work for!

Danis is a wonderful company! They pour back into their employees at every chance. I have never worked for anyone who cared so much about the employees. And, as for the employees, they are some of the best people I have ever known!!

They are professional with resources.

Great benefits. Big projects. Resources and materials are obtainable. Days are long. Work is plentiful. Specific work tasks are clear. Schedules are extremely aggressive. Most coworkers are self directed and friendly and helpful.

Pros

Vacation and holiday pay. Lots of hours. Healthcare coverage and profit sharing.

Cons

Unknown. Could use more capital equipment and Connex storage.

Danis Construction insights

What people like
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Support from manager

Just a place to work

Felt like lower class was abused a lot by upper management. Was made to feel like I was nobodies friend at the time I was there. After being there for 18 months I was let go for something I said that they just didn’t show any proof that I said it and did not give me any chance to appeal any decisions so this company is just full of itself and you walk like you’re on egg shells and it’s not a good place to work for

Pros

Weekends off

Cons

Healthcare

Great Company to Work For

Danis was a great company to work for. They made me feel very welcomed when I first joined the team and I learned more than I thought I ever would in the time I was there. Everyone I worked with was willing to help me with whatever I needed help with and took time out of their days to help me. I worked with a great team that taught me a lot and I am very grateful for everything they did for me.

Solid and well-paying internship/co-op program, but somewhat disappointing with given responsibilities

Excellent structure and hiring platform as well as assignment and mentorship structure, however I felt at times that the role of intern was less of business professional and more of miscellaneous helper/errand runner, and more of an assistant than an engineer. Enjoyed learning various aspects of a project engineer's duties, and some of the technical paperwork and onsite visits as well.

Danis Admin

Great company to work for. Everyone is nice and helpful. The company is very family oriented and truly cares about you as a person. They also take the time to do nice things for the employees like christmas parties, breakfast with santa, easter egg hunt, good insurance and benefits.

good

working at danis was fine. boring but relaxed. non stressful environment with well managed projects. No issues. Wish the pay was better. Good owner and upper management.

Don’t recommend working here

I started working here at a young age and I was promised to move through the company and have advancement for hard work. I’ve done nothing but be loyal and a hard worker and I’ve seen 2 dollars in raises..... not worth the work we do

Good job

Good working conditions Depending on the superintendent you work for you can have a very pleasant work and spirits. Very bad work experience with then job site to job site all depends

Sucks

Poor communication. They don't train well at all. They put you in a room and expect you to do it all by yourself without any training. Instead of the .

Pros

Money is ok

Cons

They liars

Danis Construction trained young adults out of high school before encouraging continued education. Safety and OSHA

Danis trained your adults out of high school before college. They encourage continued education. Safety first with OSHA awards. Collaborative working together with supervisors. Company held picnics and strived to build a working together community.

Pros

Safety focus and continuing training

Cons

at times could be dangerous work

Short term

Had a good time workingv there was just helping out a supervisor completing a job that they wasn't able to get to with the staff they had and we was slow at towne so I went and ran the job

Pros

Good people

Cons

Not much overtime money

decent to work

the older workers are allot harder to work with as they expect you as a new guy to know what to do immediately. but besides that its a really good job, just allot of workers are hard to get along with

Great People

Everyone at Danis was incredibly nice. It is also a really quiet place to work. You were left to do your work uninterrupted on most days. I felt very appreciated by everyone I worked with.

Demanding

Enjoyable Office Environment Great People Field Construction Environment is very competitive and demanding Project Managers can be very difficult to work with on Construction Project and do not have realistic expectations.

Pros

Office has a great enviroment

Cons

Some Field Project Mangers are Inconsiderate

experienced many stages of build from ground up.

Very good learning experience, worked at Kettering hospital on caner center, West Carlton water treatment plant. DESS Columbus Ohio Caterpillar in Clayton

Pros

Friday cattered dinners

Cons

family runs big, in lay off season i was the last to be offered to stay. family first

Great experience

 Founded new relations with Subcontractors, and suppliers  Value Engendered to while maintaining original purpose, and appearance  Researched variety of new techniques and technologies to solve problems  Discussed with subcontractors scope of work to ensure every task was covered

Pros

lunch

Cons

na

Great co workers

great to work with ,always someone helping and pitching in . always done a quailty job. management always looking for improvments ,and listen to coworkers opinons.

Pros

always giving more oppurtunitys to advance careers

Cons

driving distances

productive work place usually no lay off time

A quality of different types of work in industrial to demo block, to erecting steel, setting in new steel, anchoring grouting decking to concrete pouring to finishing smooth to broomed, all co workers work together as a team at all jobs no specific job able to learn everyday if willing.

Great Experince

I had a great experience working here as an intern. I learned a lot about the industry and the roles involved as a construction manager. I was able to participate in some key roles of getting a multi-million dollar project up and running.

I was very please and comfortable by any assigned task.

I did added very good experience by working individually as part of a team to performed any job assigned. From Co-workers, very good practice on my English study as Second Language. The hardest part of this job was spending the full time position and never had offer for benefits. The enjoyable part or the job, was finishing every task before due date on schedule to get it done.

Pros

Practice by learning English as second language.

Cons

Only working on 1099, no benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Danis Construction. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits