Danos Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Women are not treated equally or fairly...
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  LouisianaJune 11, 2018
I have never experienced more gender bias anywhere. I was a female Project Manager and was treated very unfairly. The men were very jealous of my position and they were continuously trying to cause problems. If I needed to talk to my supervisor regarding any gender bias it was "blown off" like it was nothing. The men in upper management finally "ran me off". It's hard to work somewhere knowing that you have no support. I moved on to another company, a large oil company, and I have been happy ever since. I wouldn't recommend working for Danos to anyone....especially if you are female. The best part of this day was hitting the clock and going home.
This company was great to work with, people were somewhat friendly.
mechanical, rigging, scaffold and safety attendant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77092April 17, 2018
The forman was not the greatest, but i was just there to do my job, not to make friends. Other workers made the job bearable until completed. The work environment was totally different because it was my first time on an offshore rig. Definitely a job to remember.
good owners,good enviement,beach casual attitude
Restaurant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Hermosa Beach, CAApril 9, 2018
good working envirement & clients,upscale beach town,owners wife got cancer & they decided to move to hawaii to retire.leased out location to a french restaurant,.they had other locations & brought in there own staff.
Pros
free meals, great owners
Cons
winter bussiness slows down
Good benefits. Relaxed work environment
Production Operator/SCADA Control Room Operator (Current Employee) –  Offshore GOMFebruary 19, 2018
Decent pay.
Good management.
Great benefits (healthcare, vision, dental, life, 401k)
Contracted to oil and gas company in offshore Gulf of Mexico.
Benefits
Great Family Business
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Gray, LAFebruary 6, 2018
Fantastic family, takes care of employees, and good values. I enjoyed forming a brotherhood with the fellow gentlemen I worked with out in the feild. The days were hot and long but never dull.
Bad at negotiating contracts
Instrument Tech/ Supervisor/Fitter (Current Employee) –  Gray, LAJanuary 19, 2018
On any other job offshore I've been on I've made on average $4-$6 more per hour. Was paid mileage and drive time, would get paid 12 hours a day on days coming and going from platform, etc, too many bass to list, don't work for them unless your desperate. Oh and they treat you like you don't know anything. Ready to leave.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Look at summary
Low Ballers
Ballast Control Officer (Current Employee) –  Gray, LAJanuary 7, 2018
They keep most of the contract money and low ball you on your check. They promise this and that but if you do happen to get a raise every 4-5 years its only going to be a few cents to a dollar. My wife had to go to 6 different doctors just 3 days ago to find one that would take our insurance. I got sick one time (something that was totally out of my control) and was threatened to be fired by the project manager because of it. I was sent 200 miles one way (3 hours) to take a physical and was promised a hotel room once I got there because I had to be at the heliport the next day to catch out. Once I got done with the physical I called and asked if my hotel room had been set up yet. At that time I was told that I wasn't going to get a hotel room nor was I getting paid for driving down there. I had to drive 3 hours back to the house to get a couple hours of sleep and then drive right back down there to catch out the next morning and work a 16 hour shift. That's 12 hours on the road without a dime or any consideration for safety. Its not worth wasting my time with them anymore. Plus I am tired of being lied to and treated like an inmate. Last time I checked I wasn't in federal prison. I have about 10,000 more complaints with them but I'm just going to save it. Go to work for them and you will find out for yourself. It will start off kinda decent but will quickly fall apart once they get you settled in.
Pros
Cons
Management, The actual work is garbage, Treated like an animal
was a good place to worked for
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LADecember 27, 2017
everyone would worked together and willing to help each other. management always was meeting with us before and after our shifts. the food was very good .
Good
Certified Deep Water Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Larose, LANovember 22, 2017
Company was good to work for. Worked 12 or more hrs. Was not happy with management on the shift. Like working with others. Can be stressful from time to time.
productive and a good place to work
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMNovember 13, 2017
I enjoyed working at danos they cared about their employees and made person want to come to work veyday they gave you the proper training you needed to do your everyday tasks you needed to do to make your job easy and made your job enjoyable a place to make you want to go to everyday
Poor Management
Worker (Current Employee) –  ShorebaseNovember 7, 2017
Danos hire people that come to work for a check and can careless about putting in the hard work. People are quick to talk without listening to the problem. Management brush you off when you have a problem with process put in place are broken. Communication is about 100% of the problem with about 80% of it's employees It seems like management can careless what's going on as long as they get paid from their contracts.
Pumper/Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXNovember 2, 2017
Good place to work great people and management really safety oriented. Had weekly and monthly quarterly safety meetings. provided u with tools needed to do job functions
Pros
work days
Cons
insurance
what you learned
ELECTRICIAN HELPER / API (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAOctober 25, 2017
I learned how to run electrical cables and build junction/panel boxes. Dealt with cable trays. Did safety checks daily.
I cleaned up area before days end.
Junk equipment, terrible pay...
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Pecos, TXOctober 23, 2017
More of the negativity can be blamed on the company I am contracting for which is OXY, but Danos is also heavily to blame. Thee way we work is at minimum 84 hours straight over 7 days, but they have it slit in the middle to keep you from getting paid overtime. No bonuses... The equipment provided has tons of problems and are constantly in the shop because it's all warn out junk. Tools are generally hodge podge old rusted junk, and it's similar to pulling teeth to get what you need for the job. 90% of the time we are in spare trucks without tools due to trucks being in the shop. It's just not a good environment...
Pros
I guess it's a job in a volitile economy.
Cons
Almost everything.
Louisiana Oil Company
Corporate Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Gray, LAOctober 7, 2017
Danos has operations through the Gulf of Mexico, Inland Texas, and Pennsylvania. It has a small presence overseas as well. For those working in the corporate office, it has a great family atmosphere.
Everything was good
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Houma, LAAugust 24, 2017
I'm pretty happy with my experience working for danos. They allowed me to finish school and work full time. There commitment to safety was very impressive.
Pros
Time off health car
Cons
The company provides good benefits such as health insurance, 401K, vacation time, and good pay. They provide working apparel, they take good care of
Lease Operator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, WVAugust 6, 2017
The first thing in the morning, I drive pad to pad doing daily operations, checking over units, checking pressures, walking pads to check tank levels, getting numbers for 31 day books, and any repairs that need done.
Great job to work at
Welder (Former Employee) –  Amelia, LAMay 25, 2017
Danos was a great job to work at. I had no problems with co-workers are supervisor. Working there was a great experience for me. Owners were very nice to work for, they really treated their employees very well and with the upmost respect.
Good place to work for
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Levelland, TXMay 2, 2017
As long as you did your job you never heard from Danos management until safety meetings. I would completely vouch for anyone I worked with there they were all good characters
Great place to start a career.
Rigger (Former Employee) –  Gray, LAApril 21, 2017
I enjoyed working with this company in that I gained a lot of competitiveness and learned new things. Also I had no problems with coworkers or supervisors.
Pros
Free Classes, Travel Opportunities