Darby Dental

Darby Dental Employee Reviews

Darby Dental insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Support from manager

Collaborative work environment that fosters work life balance

Featured review

Darby Dental selected this as a representative review
Darby Dental Supply lives by it's values, empowering employees to reach their fullest potential by providing them access to the tools they need to be successful. They've created a collaborative and engaging work environment that values employees ideas and innovative ideas while providing work life balance. It's a place you can call home.

Darby Dental

The good: Reps CAN make an amazing amount of money. Training on new products is great, vendors bring breakfast or lunch, free samples. Management offers good support when it comes to workflow and helping support reps with troubleshooting issues with different departments or dealing with problematic accounts. Fun themed contests throughout the year can make for a fun office environment. Extremely flexible with PTO and scheduling and HR is amazing, offering wonderful support if needed. The BAD: horrible small office politics at it's best - the attitudes, jealousy, gossip, back stabbing that goes on between the employees all throughout the company (not just this location)...it's like HS all over again. If you make really good money for the company, you can get away with pretty much almost anything. Certain members of management (aka 'the boys club') turn their backs on big every day issues that need to be addressed - that they are fully aware of - but choose to clearly ignore. If you don't like being seriously micro/macro managed, this is NOT the company for you. Lack of support from certain departments can definitely make your work day extremely stressful and difficult and you have to get management involved.All in all - with a LOT of tweaks this can be an awesome company but I don't know if I see myself retiring here...many changes would have to be made.

Pros

Good money for driven sales reps, good training on products and sales tactics

Cons

Terrible office culture between employees, management tend to be awfully deflating at times even when doing your best

Certain areas has horrible management issues

It was a great place to work at first some of the leads are friendly and cooperative and others are just simply rude and has an attitude problem and has an issue with communication amongst their employees. A lot of high school drama amongst employees and a lot of issues are swept under the rug under the leadership of the current gm and production lead

Pros

Great benefits and pto

Cons

Horrible management

Family business who care about their employees

Exceptional company, fair and understanding, longevity positions, growth within the company, safe and secure, great benefits, some of our darbarians have been with company since the earliest ages of 17yrs, others first job, truly ๐Ÿ‘, ๐Ÿ‘, ๐Ÿ‘

Great folks to work with

Itโ€™s work but made fun. The folks there are helpful and nice. Management are willing to work with you and have your best interest at heart. You really do feel part of a team.

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Friendly and productive

Amazing workplace. Very understanding of situations. Always felt like you were surrounded by close friends and family. Would definitely recommend anyone working here.

Biased management

I hate giving anything a bad review but I can honestly say I would not recommend this place to anyone unless you really need a job to pay your bills, keep a roof over your head and food on the table. Newer employees treated differently compared to the senior employees that have been with them for 15 years plus. Low pay ($13.00) for demanding work such as picking packing and shipping. Work load is not distributed equally. Micromanagement. Turnover rate is high, new pickers/packers, shippers and forklift drivers don't stay. Harassment and intimidation are tolerated by management.

March 3, 2020
Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to write a review. Darby has a zero tolerance policy for harassment or discrimination. All employees attend harassment training annually and intimidation is not part of our company culture. Our pay rates are reviewed periodically to ensure they are aligned with the market.

Really bad job

They took me from a job of 28 years with the promise of more money. Even though i has no experience for what they hired me for. They fired me just at 3 months. The manager of my dept was cold and unpersonable

March 3, 2020
Thank you for your review and feedback. We are sorry your employment experience did not meet your expectations.

Run

Worst job ever. Unprofessional and biased toxic environment. They promote not on merit but on favoritism. Salary is sub par and management lacks experience

March 3, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide feedback. We are sorry that your employment experience with Darby did not meet your expectations. We provide harassment training to all employees and encourage our employees to report concerns to Human Resources. We periodically conduct market research to make sure our salaries and benefits are competitive.

Workplace culture

The hardest job is working so many hours from 8am to 6pm. The most enjoyable part of the job is the co worker some are their are nice, what I learned is everything, management their okay but they put us too much work and hours, workplace culture every one are getting alone in there.

Worst Company I ever Worked For

I would highly recommend that you do not take a job in the Accounting/Collection Dept. This company was the worst and you will never feel job security with everyone bickering and trying to stab you in the back.

Cons

Bad Management, peers trying to get ahead will stab you in the back

work day

Darby Dental, was a very nice company to work for. They had excellant relationships with there manufacture partners. Also wonderful management team.

Great company

Good atmosphere to get started but compensation isn't up to living standards. I received 2 raises and management gave me a few free hours for coming in once a week early unloading trucks, being that I had them finishing trucks 2 hours earlier that usual.

Pros

Great people

Cons

Need better comp.

Forward-thinking, dynamic organization

Darby is an exciting, forward-thinking company led by a dynamic, impressive team. Very collaborative and supportive, but also challenging the status quo. Smart organization that will challenge you but if you're up to the challenge, will help propel you and your career forward.

Pros

Smart, engaged leadership. Collaborative. Responsive. Nice offices. In-house gym and cafeteria.

Cons

None that I can think of

bad management

Department argued within each other. They did not want to help anybody. We were forced to contact same customer again and again. They had no rules because the goal was to collect and collect.

Darby

Darby is an inside sales job and it is a good starting sales opportunity. The pay is ok but not a huge up side potential. The hours are strict and they have a time clock.

Very stressful

Very Stressful, I did not like it at all. The commute was too long, and most of all I left a permanent job for this job because I was promised a permanent position, but was laid off first.

Cool work place lots of pressure though

Training is very extensive. The toughest part of the day is cold calling all day and having call quotas given you're calling all over the country and also with the other companies having walk in reps which they seem to enjoy. I learned a lot about Trust Based Selling. Most enjoyable was the co-workers everyone is eager to help

Pros

free lunches

Cons

Cold calling no new rep is given any accounts which commission is tough to get in the beginning

great place of work

I enjoyed working at Darby Dental Group. You were always busy with customers and call-ins. The workplace was friendly and fair. upper management was very helpful and compassionate.

fun place to work

This is a great place to work. The boss and supervisors are great people. The work was very fulfilling and we got great perks for working for this company.

Pros

great to employees.

Good structure, low pay

It was a decent work environment. Fairly good training program, with SFDC as their CRM. The base pay is extremely low, and gaining accounts to build the earning potential takes a long time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Darby Dental. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Darby Dental