DARI FARMS ICE CREAM COMPANY Employee Reviews

Okay thanks
Driver/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Tolland, CTJune 13, 2019
I work for dairy farms for 14 years I could go on and on and on and on but I'm not going to I just want you to know that if you got an opportunity to get another job take it this job is not for you unless you like working long hours at a high pace with people constantly picking apart everything you do and other people who make your job harder by not doing their job
Small business with bad management
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Tolland, CTJune 9, 2019
One day, they will tell you to slow down and drive under the speed limit, and only in the right lane on three lane
or bigger highways.
And the next they say you go to slow so be faster. Owners has no issue being rude and confrontational to your face.
Pros
Get out early after going in for 4-5am
Cons
Bad management
Good company
First Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Whitman, MAJanuary 24, 2019
Good company to be employeed with unforturately it was down sized.
Working at this company you were in a freezer for your shift, you definitely had to dress in layers.
Pros
free ice cream
Cons
down sized
No hard feelings
Selector (Former Employee) –  Tolland, CTJune 19, 2018
I loved the people. The guys there were great. The reason I left was because the hours where too late and my wife needed me at home during the day. Also the pay was low for the amount of responsibility I had.
Not a good Co.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Tolland, CTMay 27, 2018
No real support for drivers on the road. I was left to the wolves and management offered no support
Lack of support for drivers Manager starts of friendly then becomes your worse nightmare
Pros
Cons
Won’t pay you what you are worth
Truck drivers beware
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Tolland, CTFebruary 7, 2018
As stated by everyone else. Advancement is absolutely awfuI. Went in to the job with a positive attitude tried my hardest there for a full year. Still given the hardest routes. Places known for trucks getting stuff stolen. They will send you there the day after your probation and Will criticize if you are even 20 minutes late. This is absolutely a job to get experience on to your belt for bigger and better things. The co-workers are what make that company.
Pros
Co-workers, pay
Cons
Management, old vehicles
Could be better
Incentive Selector (Current Employee) –  CTJanuary 30, 2018
poor management and poor choice of management team. they could do a better job and treating workers fairly.
some of the managers were racist and unprofessional
peoplee kept quitting due to lack of respect from management
workers are not compensated enough for their work
Worked there 11 years
Driver /merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Whitman, MAJuly 10, 2017
If your a hard worker this is your place. Guaranteed 10 hours a day you only work three Saturdays a year. Out on your own from the moment you punch in
good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tolland, CTApril 22, 2017
I was there only a short time, but they treated me as though I had been there for years. Other staff were helpful, when I had questions. Even in the billing department.
Pros
hours of operation
Cons
Good company to garner experience from
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Tolland, CTMarch 21, 2017
Small distribution company, good place to start for local talent. Not a viable, long-term career move for most. Privately owned, expect nepotism to largely prevail over sound business sense.
Overall good place to work
WarehouseSpeciali (Former Employee) –  Tolland, CTDecember 22, 2014
This is the type of job that will be great for the ambitious type. You can be crossed trained with the opportunity to make a larger income just as soon as you show that you are ready to advance, though you have to speak up and pay close attention to detail. As far as co workers and management, place has quite the turn over rate guess you have to be a certain type of person to be able to work under such cold conditions. Besides the cold it is a great place to work if you don't mind a little bit of hard work from 8-12 hours a day for 5-6 days a week.
Pros
Opportunity to advamce
Cons
very long days and cold work conditions
Productive, competent work environment with flexible hours
Order Writing Merchandiser / Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Whitman, MANovember 19, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of servicing between 6 to 8 stores (supermarkets) a day. Ordering as well as stocking product to ensure adequate stock in both on-shelf space as well as backroom
freezers. Average work day lasted between 8-10 hors.

With Dari Farms I learned not only how to adequately order the appropriate products as necessary in order to ensure availability but also how to communicate with store management in order to procure incremental product space.

Dari Farms management was always attentive, patient and helpful to any issues that may have arisen.

Since I serviced all of my stores alone, save for sales meetings I had little interaction with co-workers. Although what little interaction I had was always positive.

The hardest part of the job was constantly dealing with the frigid conditions contained within the confines of the grocery freezers.
Another impediment was if the store's freezers were less than organized, product accessibility could be downright impossible.

Most enjoyable aspect my tenure with Dari Farms was (within reason) being able to set my own hours.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
potentially dangerous conditions
Respectable company with family values.
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Whitman, MAAugust 12, 2013
Enjoyed my time with Dari Farms as they allowed me the quality of life that I was looking for (ie.good compensation, no nights, very few Saturdays, and no Sundays). Would have liked to have more of an opportunity for advancement but company structure did not allow for this to happen (company too small).
Pros
quality of life
Cons
vacation time, no opportunity for advancement
Was an enjoyable place to work
Route Sales and Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Tolland, CTMay 8, 2013
I enjoyed my job and made good money until the company decided to restructure the pay. Now my pay is cut in half, we used to work on commission and now its hourly. Hours are inconsistent.... its a struggle to get 40 hours.
Pros
Not micro managed
Cons
Pay
Good incentive program.
WAREHOUSE FREEZR SELECTOR (Current Employee) –  Tolland, CTFebruary 27, 2013
As a Freezer Selector/Loader is a great experience working at Dari Farms. Work starts at (6:00 PM 2nd Shift) however you are allowed to punch in 10 minutes before. with the use of voice assisted tech. you go throughout the freezer selecting products, (frozen foods/ice Cream) at your own pace. however the faster you go the more money you make for the pieces you completed for the amount of time you work the higher you average pieces per hour will be.
Safety, safety, safety that's preached here. The managers are great there very friendly positive attitude will always listen to the workers and try to deal with the situation fairly. Mannn!! My co-workers are the best every one is like so full of jokes you will laugh you way through out your breaks and lunch. yea you get 20 minutes break every 3 hours and 30 minutes lunch. the hardest part of the job is dealing with the cold. Well you learn so much in so little time once you have the positive attitude and you work hard. they will appoint you different tasking, driving, loading trucks, special assign easy tasking.
Pros
you get your raises fast. move between different positions fast.
Cons
well its just very cold working in a freezer.
Awesome company to work for
Order Writer-Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Whitman, MAJanuary 24, 2013
A sample of my day means driving from one account to another blocking the product , packing out both backstock and the load, then generating a order for the next delivery .
Management and owners of this family owned company treat the employees as if they were their own family,

Hardly have contact with co workers throughout t he day , have become friends with most on the team .

hardest part of job is waiting for t he delivery to arrive at a specified store.

The most enjoyable part is the freedom to do the job as long as the job is done correctly.
Had several good years but now must move on
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Whitman, MAJanuary 6, 2013
Typical day I service 10 retail accounts, the same 10 stores every day. I learned how to sell my product and gain extra space in the marketplace, Management is pretty hands off and allos us to do the job without micro management. The hardest part of the job would be the inconsistancy in sales which translates to our pay. The best part of the job is making contacts and friendships all accross the state.
Pros
freedom
Cons
bad time off policy
Challenging and interesting place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Tolland, CTSeptember 25, 2012
Presented with lots of problems, both operational and technical, to solve on a daily basis. Able to see the immedicate benefit provided by solutions created.
Dead end job
Order Writer (Current Employee) –  Whitman, MAApril 20, 2012
This is a great job for someone young, energetic and needs cash and with an exit plan. This company offers only one schedule of having Sunday, Wednesday off with no flexibility. This wears thin on a person after several years. However, the pay I will say is great, and comes complete with a mediocre medical plan that is barely worth having. Especially at $40 a week. There is absolutely no room for advancement and even a promotion to a Territory manager means a pay cut but at least having a Monday thru Friday work week. Management is a joke and only pretend to care about their workers. As soon as the founder passed away and the son took over, the entire company has been on a downhill slope. There is little to no motivation and moral amongst my coworkers and immediate supervisor. This truly is a dead end job intended only for someone who wants quick cash and is not looking for a grocery career. If you try to make a career of it they will wear you down until your spirit and body breaks then replace you, leaving you with an unimpressive resume.
Pros
good pay, minimal supervision
Cons
long hours, absurd expectations and no respect from managment