Darien Lake Theme Park Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Slow Paced and Unprofessional
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Darien Center, NYApril 3, 2018
Pay was not good. Working maximum amount of hours and you’d still have less than 200 a week. Dirty; sanitation was seen as very important, but it was lacked severely. I would never work here again, nor would I recommend this job to anyone not even an enemy.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long hours > Pay
Productive and fun
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Corfu, NYMarch 22, 2018
Loved this job definitely recommend it. It's fun filled and out of this world productivite. Would recommend it for family fun or even working there. Great
Generally Poor Managment
Games Attendant (Former Employee) –  Darien, NYMarch 21, 2018
My Personnel Management (not ALL of Darien Lake's Management) was extremely careless, would promise things such as time off or pay increases, would not take responsibility for their own mistakes, and were generally a burden. BESIDES the management, it was a very fast paced job (there are thousands of people everyday, each with their own personalities. Many were annoyed by their child, the amount in which everything cost them, many things. Others were happy as a pig in mud and enjoyed their day and time being there. No matter how much you smiled or how happy you were, sometimes it`s just not enough to change someone`s day. But boy oh boy does it make those kids day when you seem just as happy as they are, which always makes the Parent`s day better.
Pros
Lunch breaks, Discounts, Friends
Cons
Low pay, generally poor management, little chance of promotion
not bad job
Sweep Truck Driver, Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Darien Center, NYMarch 12, 2018
they need to over see there supervisior. more often but other than that good place tit works out thou.o work. rather enjoyable . kinda far to go for a job pay could be better less training for those of us that know what we are doing worked 3 years over all .well let move on to next topic cleaned up garbage an drove sweep truck plus various other things
Stressful workplace
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Darien, NYMarch 1, 2018
Very stressful place to work. Often operating the machines alone,which is not safe. Worked long shifts with only one short break. I sprained my ankle from the wet stairs on the ride I had been working on, and they threatened to fire me, if I sat down or went to see the doctor on staff.
Fun Workplace
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Corfu, NYFebruary 7, 2018
Working at Darien Lake was an exciting time, getting to meet new people, and meeting internationals was interesting we had good discounts the pay wasn't the greatest but i was scheduled a lot of hours.
Pros
Cons
Long Drive, Bad Pay
It all depending on what or who you worked with but overall it was okay
Games Attendant (Former Employee) –  Corfu, NYJanuary 23, 2018
It all depend on the department and who your leads are. Most of them are really repectful, nice and really caring. Some are not even though you show much repect. But always show repect to anyone no matter what, even to rude guest. Always be repectful.
They over hire alot and began to cut your hours alot. We as a "family" are supposed to help out each other and keep up after ourselves but some staff don't. They don't like cleaning up after themselves and thats a bad thing.
But overall its an okay place to work.
Must have alot of energy.
Pros
20% discount
Cons
Staff don't know how to clean up after themselves
Not Horrible to Work at
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Corfu, NYJanuary 17, 2018
Most of the supervisors were nice other than a few, pay was low but also you're not doing too much. I think DL is a good first job for teens but that is about it though.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Low Pay
Fun place to work
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Corfu, NYDecember 29, 2017
Had a great time working here. Fun environment and quick paced. Great customers and amazing co-workers. The tips working in the resturant were great. I would definitely work here again.
Pros
Great Tips
Cons
No benefits
very stressfull
Park Attendant (Former Employee) –  Corfu, NY 14036December 13, 2017
getting up to early in the morning and to long of a drive the only good thing about was the the free admission tickets that you got with your paychecks
Pros
half an hour breack
Cons
the hours
Horrible place to work
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Corfu, NYDecember 4, 2017
Not a good place to work if you plan on advancing at anything in life. They don’t provide enough opportunities and expect you to work in 120° buildings.
Pros
Cons
Hot, sweaty, horrible place
work first, fun maybe
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Darien Center, NYNovember 22, 2017
It may seem like a fun place to work because people are supposed to have fun here. That is what the guests do - not the employees. Job had highs and lows based on the time of year. When we are busy we are extremely busy and when we are not it is painfully boring.
My department did not get any overtime. We had to do our job in the time we were given. The advancement opportunities are very rare. The pay and benefits are below average which is okay for an entry level job but not a career. The job is not hard. My coworkers were pleasant. It is an okay place to work but not my ideal situation.
Pros
not difficult, only 40 hours a week
Cons
low wages, very few advancement opportunities
Simple Seasonal Job
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Darien Center, NYNovember 14, 2017
You're always outside and most of the people you work with are insufferable, but all-in-all the job itself is simple and good for a summer job. Unless you're working with food, forget that.
Was a decent summer job
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Darien, NYOctober 23, 2017
i worked at DL for 5 years during the summer in one department for 4.5, switched departments as i needed a change of pace, it was not a good idea i was the oldest person in the department and always felt like a baby sitter. The management was never around and if there was an issue with one of the many systems that were used good luck telling that to the guests as they were never happy. Not worth the minimum wage at all.
Productive and fun
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Corfu, NYOctober 16, 2017
A typical day at work was running rides and meeting new people from different cultures. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to meet new people from different cultures and back grounds
A day in the life
Park Services Attendant (Former Employee) –  Darien Center, NYSeptember 25, 2017
Working for this company was truly an eye opening experience for me. It showed me that despite how much recreation you're surrounded by, there's always obstacles.
quick paced and fun
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Darien, NYSeptember 19, 2017
it was really fun working there I had a great time there I was a great up beat environment I never been so ready to get up and go to work everyday I really enjoyed working there
Got the opportunity to work with internationals
Unit Lead (Former Employee) –  Darien Center, NYSeptember 19, 2017
I do not think I would go back to Darien unless I really needed a job, because most of the people I worked with cause drama, and I do not like drama in the workplace.
Darien lake
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Corfu, NYSeptember 8, 2017
It was a wonderful place to work with wonderful people. The People are very friendly and understanding. You meet new people each and every day. You interact with people from other countries
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
A drive
Fun working environment
Accomodations Attendent (Former Employee) –  Darien, NYSeptember 7, 2017
Darien Lake is a very fun place to work. Got along with all the coworkers besides the management and some of the supervisors above me. I loved my job helping assist guests.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Poor Management