Darigold, Inc.
48Low

Darigold, Inc. Employee Reviews

United States109 reviews
good place to work
very enjoyable job. Very laid back and smooth ride at work. Good benefits and pay. Lots of time with family and work good hrs. Very good place to get into
Do not work here!!
poor management that doesn't care about you or your family. Once you get hired that all but own you. If you don't answer the phone on your day off your in trouble. The job postings in order to advance in the company is just a formality they already hand picked who they want for that position. Learn who the favorites are so that you know who you cant trust. Don't bother going to management about them either they wont do anything. There's more but i dont have hours to type it all
Terrible environment
No leadership, maintenance hardly responds, supervisors dont know how to run machines. Forced to work jobs you dont know on days off and clean things you've never been trained on.
Horrible Culture
Top management is only out for themselves and looks to point fingers and blame instead of working as a team to solve issues. The culture starts at the very top and is only getting worse with the new management that is brought in. The silos are that are present make it hard to get work done or improve anything. The current leadership does not value people and spends all their time talking up themselves instead of listening to their workers. The culture is one of fear not an inclusive one which drains you as you work there.
Great place to work!
1. Darigold has been one of the best companies I have worked for that continues to grow and learn.
2. Darigold has fantastic leadership and management who care about the people, culture and mission.

3. I cannot be more satisfied for the opportunities and benefits that this company provides.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Not so bad. Pay is great.
Darigold is a good place to work in the valley. There is room to promote within the company and the pay is great. Challenges are the constant fast pace environment but it is nice knowing your input is considered. There have been recent management changes but the current management group is the best so far. The past site director was horrid versus the new one, he is flexible and patient with the team
Easy money
Good pay thanks to union that tries to get us good wages but darigold doesnt want to pay a livable wage. Easy money and long breaks help. Annoying cant find supervisor at night when needed or when you call maintenance and they ask 20 questions before showing up if ever. Unsafe that power outage couldn't find supervisor and wasnt fun being forced to climb inside a giant machine to scrape out cheese with no proper lock out tag out confined space felt dangerous
Awesome
Both powder plants have managers that go above and beyond and help employees when needed. Sometimes even help when it's a weekend and their day off. Need more people like them to lead by example.
HR needs to be fired
When you have an issue HR only helps those she likes If you contact her after hours she says you're harassing her but shes never at work so no one knows her hours. Doesnt care if your family is sick, or dying or if you're sick unless you're one of the favorites like Oscar the grouch. Forces you to work even though you're going to get everyone sick what a great way to make food sick with no one washing their hands and germs everywhere this place needs to be shut down they rarely pass audits
Darigold Sunnyside
Long time Darigold employee. This is a great place to work. Being the biggest plant in the company and processing a lot of milk makes for a fast paced workplace and with that there will be some obvious stresses. There are some great people who try to make it a great place to work. One of the most unfortunate things about this place is the number of employees who spend more time trying to get out of work than working and making the jobs of managers and supervisors harder. This great place to work would be even better if there were more TEAM members and less finger pointers and more people who can take personal accountability rather than blaming others for their own issues. The current management team is doing a good job of trying to right the ship.
Bees wax
Work here for like 20 years if you want to know everything then never get promoted and watch other people do what they want and take off extra days when they have no time or slide by with their looks cuz they walk around with their shirt unbuttoned and only know cows were used for meat while you sell girl scout cookies and talk about what would jesus do. Watch other supervisors as they watch youtube videos and do anything they want while HR let's it happen. HR isn't even there it's like she's always worked from home but doesnt work. Is racist and biased and tells employees who were caught on camera playing video games for an hour to take long breaks not in front of a camera because they are too stupid to see it
Very nice to work.
Good place to make money and learn new things. The over time is good money to be made. 9 out of 10 recommended to work here. It paid the bills. Culture is good.
Terrible environment
It's sad, burning never felt safe working here. Truly enjoyed the first week, but after that the true colors came out. High turn over rate for a reason.
Wouldn't Recommend
Probably about the worst place I've worked. Management has no idea how to run the plant or treat employers right. They will work you 6 or 7 days a week and then call you on your days off or schedule you and not tell you your working.
Good job poor management
I worked at Darigold for almost 16 years as a Maintenance mechanic. The first 10 years were good besides the shift work but I knew that going in. Then it got really top heavy with management. Allot of fresh out of college supervisors that were either to scared to make a decision or one that thought they knew it all. I am sure this was due to lack of any really formal training from Darigold. It just got to the point it was so frustrating to get a simple task done because of bad planning on managements part. Once I started feeling unappreciated even though I thought I had done a pretty good job for them I knew it was time to go. It was my first real maintenance job and helped me provide a good living for my family so I am appreciative of that.
Yes it was
I loved this job I’m wish it didn’t have to end if I had a chance to go back I would
Was creating orders and making sure we ship confirmation on all inventory
March 26, 2020
Thanks for leaving a review! We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time with us!
Employee Bakery...Turnover Heaven
It was really unreal to see how many people were pushed out and or moved on because of inept management. Stay away !!! Embarrassing what the new head has done.
March 26, 2020
Hello,
Thanks for leaving a review! We're disappointed to hear that you didn't get along with management. We'd appreciate hearing your thoughts on how we can improve by contacting us at feedback@darigold.com. Thanks!
Overworked consistently. Zero work life balance. You are a #.
Overall the worst company I have ever had the displeasure of working for. Most all of management and supervision with a few exceptions is completely out of touch with employees and the most unprofessional I have ever experienced. The pay is good, but not worth the extreme stress and disrespect you face on an overworked slave style atmosphere. If you have a family, please stay very far from this place.They absolutely do not care about you.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Spending any moment of your existence here.
Long hours, on call 24/7, decent compensation
There are long hours, if you are in management you are on call 24/7, though the compensation is not bad and the benefits are reasonable. There is always something happening in this busy plant.
February 28, 2020
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We are a 24/7/365 organization so there may be long hours, but we're glad you felt the compensation was above average. If you have any thoughts on how we can improve, feel free to contact us at feedback@darigold.com. Thanks!
Fast paced and stressful
No direction and very poor communication. You are expected to be on call all the time day or night. There is no work and home life balance here. If you enjoy your time away from work, this is not the place you want to work.
Pros
401k and medical
Cons
Long hours, always on call, no direction and old equipment to work with that fails regularly.
February 28, 2020
Thanks for leaving a review. While we're glad to hear that you found our benefits more than adequate, we are disappointed to hear that you weren't able to find a work/life balance that suited your needs. We are a 24/7/365 organization, so sometimes overtime is requested. We'd appreciate hearing your thoughts on how we can improve, feel free to reach out to us at feedback@darigold.com Thanks!
Terrible and over worked
I would often work 5 12 hour shifts then be told I was needed for over time. It was not volunteer and termination was threatened if you didn’t comply.
Hello,
Thanks for leaving a review. We are a 24/7/365 organization, so sometimes overtime is requested of our employees. We'd appreciate if you would reach out to us at feedback@darigold.com, so we can look into how we can improve our scheduling. Thanks!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Darigold, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
InHerSight Score
1.5Personal Development
2.1Career Opportunities
2.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight