Darigold, Inc. Employee Reviews

Regular work, poor management
Operator - Dryer/Evaporator (Former Employee) –  IdahoNovember 11, 2018
Regular, dependable hours to maintain cost of living plus a little extra. Worked a minimum 40 hr week, but could work 3 to 4 weeks strait without a day off to provide coverage. Terrible management - Do not lead by example, do not hold themselves to a high standard of leadership, high turnover of managers/supervisors. Good benefits and pay if you can handle being run around.
Pros
Pay, constant hours, healthcare
Cons
Low morale, poor management
December 18, 2018

Thank you for taking time to leave a review. As the cows don’t stop producing milk, we are a 24/7/365 business which can lead to long hours, but to account for that we offer shift differentials, and if an employee is scheduled on a holiday we give a day off on a different day as well as increased time and a half pay on the holiday. If you have any specific ideas on how to improve management please contact us at feedback@darigold.com, we’d love to hear your thoughts. Thanks!

Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 13, 2018
Darigold is a great place to work, its hard work and long hours. The pay is competitive with the area. Starting wages were great and advancement was encouraged.
December 18, 2018

We’re glad that you enjoyed your time here and found our total compensation package competitive!

liquid milk plant
OPERATING ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJanuary 12, 2019
Honestly one of the best places I've worked. the management team is willing to go above and beyond and the company doesn't skimp on training. They also have some of the best work culture, I laughed every day I went to work
Pros
tool allowance, free milk at work, drivers bring in pastries almost daily
Cons
old building, lots of stairs.
January 14, 2019

Good morning,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We're glad you enjoy the company culture, we're thankful to have great people like yourself to work with!

Lost their way...
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Caldwell, IDAugust 29, 2018
Do not work for them unless you enjoy hostility, lack of training by your manager, or a middle school bully. Managers consistently talk trash about employees online with each other and other staff. HR does nothing to stop it even when multiple people report it. You will work long hours with no appreciation. What they offer in pay and benefits doesnt make up for what you will go through.
December 18, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. At Darigold we do not condone a hostile work environment, and we have policies in place to support and ensure a respectful work environment. Please reach out to our EthicsPoint (confidential hotline) program so that we may be able to further research and address this concern. EthicsPoint can be accessed via phone at 1-877-204-2775 or at https://secure.ethicspoint.com/domain/media/en/gui/25317/index.html.

Pays good, management sucks
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 17, 2018
Managers do not care about the hourlys. You get all the hours you want and it pays well, but you are an afterthought for anyone above you. Breaks are not guaranteed although they claim they are required. The supervisors spend most of their time in the office and not actually walking the floor. There is a general “do not care” attitude throughout the plant and it really brings morale down, makes it a difficult place to work sometimes.
Pros
Good pay, paid time off, great benefits
Cons
Very poor upper management, does not promote from within often
December 18, 2018

Thanks for leaving a review, and we’re glad you find our compensation package competitive. At Darigold we strive to create an environment where all employees feel valued for their hard work, and would love to hear any thoughts on how we can improve by reaching out to us at feedback@darigold.com.

Pretty good place to work
IT SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 25, 2018
I was fortunate to work with a good management team. I'm not sure that all other departments had the same experience but generally it was a good place to work and there were opportunities for advancement if you worked hard.
December 18, 2018

Thank you for your review! We're glad that you enjoyed your time here, we constantly strive to ensure a positive work environment where everyone feels welcome. Thanks!

great place to start your career
Oregon Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 13, 2018
great place to gain career experience but not a great place to build a career. Turnover is high and it's very difficult to get promoted. Internal company politics ruin the company culture.
December 18, 2018

We’re glad that you enjoyed the experience you gained here and were able to learn a lot. As a company we have made a focus to provide training opportunities to our employees so they can take steps to move into leadership roles.

no advancement, management team building lacking
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sunnyside, WAAugust 12, 2018
Stressful, management creates a hostile work environment. lots of people leaving or getting fired from darigold. The leadership don't know how to build a team atmosphere.
December 18, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, we at Darigold take concerns of hostile work environments very seriously, and would appreciate the opportunity to look into this in more detail. Please reach out to our EthicsPoint (confidential hotline) program which can be accessed via phone at 1-877-204-2775 or at https://secure.ethicspoint.com/domain/media/en/gui/25317/index.html.

Union position at dairy manufacturer.
Deductions Department Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 5, 2018
First worked as a credit specialist, had a superb manager, and enjoyed my co-workers - a very cohesive work group. Was transferred to the Deductions Dept due to the closure of the Credit Dept as it was being relocated to the corporate office. Ultimately this department was relocated as well and all employees were laid off.
Pros
union position with good pay/benefits
December 18, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, we’re glad you found our total compensation package competitive.

Bad situation as soon as you walk in the door
Retail operator (Former Employee) –  Caldwell, IDSeptember 8, 2017
Typical day at darigold is extremely frustrating operating your machine while you have hostile production managers telling you to keep the machines running knowing full well they are in disrepair and it is impossible to meet their demands.

There is bad communication from managers to supervisors when it comes to their new employees often times they are left to figure things out for themselves because management is not reliable.

Highly unorganized and often the employers are put in highly unfair situations.
Pros
good healthcare benefits, decent pay
Cons
at times no one gives breaks, work 10hrs before you get a lunch, no job security, bad management
most part keeping busy with job tasks, data entry
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sunnyside, WAMarch 8, 2018
I enjoyed the early morning work shift, small office environment, for fairly large plant. Like many offices there were very busy times and not so busy at other times. I learned more about Excel and how to create pivot tables, one of the hardest parts of this office was lack communications when training, they did cross training for coverage purposes. Much of the time the office environment was stressful and I found this supervisor not keeping to her word she and had her door shut and locked.
Pros
good benefits program, holiday lunches provided, early morning shift hours
Cons
training opportunities though were available, they were inadequate and had lack of communication at times
December 18, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we’re glad you found our compensation package competitive and we’re able to learn a lot during your time here. We are constantly looking to provide training opportunities for our employees, and would appreciate you sharing ideas on how we can develop these opportunities further by reaching out to us at feedback@darigold.com. Thanks!

This Company Is Dying
Senior System Automation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 4, 2018
This company is not moving toward the future. They do not value innovation. Their plant equipment in places are 50+ years old with no plans to replace or improve. The turnover is very high. As soon as a person starts to implement an improvement, they are cycled out.

Avoid at all costs.
Pros
Pay is ok
Cons
poisonous culture
December 18, 2018

Thank you for leaving a review. We are constantly looking to improve our operations, most recently with a $100 Million addition to our Sunnyside plant. Please reach out to us at feedback@darigold.com with ideas on how we can improve. Thanks!

Stay away!
Order Fulfillment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 25, 2018
Terrible place to work. I have nothing good to say about this place. I watched my coworker who moved up from PDX to stay in her job of 20 years, quit without even having a job! That is how miserable they made her! Managers in my department were straight up MEAN!!! She was so close to retirement! That outta speak volumes!
Pros
Cottage cheese, butter, egg nog
Cons
Everything else!
December 18, 2018

Thank you for posting. We take this and all reports of employee treatment and harassment very seriously, as we have policies in place to ensure a fair working environment for all. Please reach out to our EthicsPoint (confidential hotline) program which can be accessed via phone at 1-877-204-2775 or at https://secure.ethicspoint.com/domain/media/en/gui/25317/index.html so that we may further research and address this concern.

Great Place for Work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 13, 2017
A typical day at work is the same as any other job, you come in, catch up on the past few ours, then take over for your shift. It was a moderately stressful job, with lot on the shoulders for one person. I learned a lot about machinery and the advance technology that processing and packaging is going to. Management is fair as long as there isn't too much to worry about, if they are really worried about something they will not put anyone on top of their lists, they will make you worry about your own training or progression. The workplace culture is amazing, you can get long with anyone as long as you do your job and do what is right. The hardest part is learning how to keep up with multiple machines that tend to breakdown often, and learn how to make them run again without waiting on maintenance. The most enjoyable part would be the people you get to work with, everyone there works as a team as long as the person they are working for will do as much for them as they would for the other.
Pros
Teamwork, Benefits, and good pay
Cons
Too much change, too much on one person's shoulders
No room for growth or advancement
HUMAN RESOURCES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 24, 2018
This was my first real human resources role and I learned a lot supporting 5 states and over 1,700 employees. There were 4 people in the HR department.
Pros
Learn alot of HR policies and processes
Cons
no room for growth
December 18, 2018

Thanks for leaving a review, we’re glad you enjoyed your time here and we’re able to learn a lot!

demanding yet rewarding job
Plant Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Sunnyside, WAOctober 1, 2018
A demanding yet rewarding job in that the operation runs 24/7/365 with little to no scheduled downtime for maintenance and repair of equipment. Plant is very lean and the focus is very much on producing.
December 18, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! Since the cows don’t stop we are a 24/7/365 operation, and to account for this we offer shift differentials, and if an employee is scheduled on a holiday we give a day off on a different day as well as increased time and a half pay on the holiday. We appreciate the hard work you put in, and are glad you feel valued and rewarded as such.

friendly people and great benefits
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Caldwell, IDApril 24, 2018
loading and unloading butter trucks was very fun as well as the acknowledgement of a job well done. most of the management really seemed to care about each employee.
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
small loading dock
December 18, 2018

Thanks for leaving a review, we’re glad you feel valued as an employee and enjoyed your time here! We strive to have a work environment that ensures all employees are recognized for their efforts, and are glad you feel you were recognized as such.

Favoritism
HTST Operator (Former Employee) –  Sunnyside, WAJune 26, 2018
Good pay but all supervisors and managers have they favorites no life, mandations every day off you have, and on call on days off, everyone there hates it there they only there because the money is good
Pros
Free milk
Cons
Everyone there wants to see you fail
December 18, 2018

Thanks for leaving a review. We are glad you feel our pay is competitive. Since the cows don’t stop we are a 24/7/365 business but to account for that we offer shift differentials, and if an employee is scheduled on a holiday we give a day off on a different day as well as increased time and a half pay on the holiday.

Solid benefits, iffy management.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 7, 2017
At Darigold I learned a whole lot about seniority, teamwork, and overtime. Being one of the low men on the totem pole I ended up picking up the slack for a lot of the senior workers. This did have direct benefits such as bigger paychecks. The problem with all of the overtime was a spent a whole lot less time with my wife and kids. I only got to spend two days with my newborn baby girl who at the time lived cross state even though initially I was promised at least a week off (unpaid). All in all though the benefits and coworkers were awesome.
Pros
Cool coworkers and benefits.
Cons
Cutthroat management.
bad management with decreasing productivity
Control Room Operator (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 2, 2017
though darigold has a lot of benefits to offer a person with a family it does not treat its employee well and asks for people to spend a lot of time working on their off days. family life and the bad management leads to a stressful environment.
Pros
benifits
Cons
poor personal relations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Darigold, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

1.8InHerSight Score

1.5Personal Development

1.9Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight