Dart Container Employee Reviews

Very hostile environment.
Material Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Randleman, NCOctober 18, 2018
I don't recommend working here. The equipment is in very poor condition. Everything breaks down and everyone seems to blame each other. They also have so many rules that you can't keep up.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else.
A fun work place and can get along with other easily
Packer and Shipper (Current Employee) –  Waxahachie, TXOctober 18, 2018
Been working here 15 years and still working need a part time job to make extra money I would like to join your team and make extra money I’m a hard worker and will achieve any goal I put my mind to I’m smart and bilegile
Great Place
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAOctober 16, 2018
Greeat organization. Benefits are ok. There is always room for growth at all Companies. Corporate Office employees are inflexible. But overall still great.
Good job
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee) –  Horse Cave, KYOctober 15, 2018
Great place to work, good pay, multiple shifts are available. they try to work with placing people where they need to be. Easy job, there isn't much to it.
Dart Container
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Leola, PAOctober 14, 2018
It was a great opportunity for me. It was to far to travel back and forth to the company. The people was very friendly and a positive environment to work at.
Pros
People was very positive
Cons
relocation
Best job I ever had
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Horse Cave, KYOctober 12, 2018
Excellent career opportunity, had to leave due to family emergency. Will go back asap. If you want a good paying job with benefits and excellent work-life balance get on with dart.
Pros
Too many to list.
Cons
None I know of.
It is a fun placed to work
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Plant City, FLOctober 9, 2018
The Dart facility is a fast paced place to work. The management cares for the employees. They just switched to a 12 hour schedule for new hires. The schedule is 2 days on and 2 days off with every other week having a 3 day weekend.
Easy work
Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Horse Cave, KYOctober 9, 2018
Good benefits, management could use some work. Work is not overly hard just extremely hot in the summer months. Sometimes the workload can be over bearing.
Job ok
Former Adjuster/Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 5, 2018
Job ok, but with plant closing. Can't recommend.. could advance in job while plant wasn't closing. I liked my job. Wanted to stay, but I'm moving on. I could go to another Dart plant, but don't want to move.
no job security
Shipping Lead (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLOctober 4, 2018
I was hired and told they never lay anyone off. I had a separation of employment served 5 days before my 1 year anniversary because they cut my position. In my 1 year of service My job had been on the line twice and the 3rd time they cut me.
Dont do it
Tool Crib Attendant (Current Employee) –  Leola, PA 17540October 3, 2018
although they offer pretty good benefits and pay, the environment will be stressful, fast paced and strenuous. They do train,however most times the training is just another employee watching you and not really helping you learn anything (just sitting around doing nothing). the management is pretty bad when it comes to favoritism. they provide tuition reimbursement but with the schedule, you will be lucky to go back to school. they just suggest you find an online school that will work around them. even though start time maybe set at 12,8,and 4, you must be clocked in and on your line before those times lest you receive reprimand. also with the coming plastic/foam ban, the company refuses to change its ways and produce a "greener" product. they do not lay you off for shortage of work, they do however offer a different position (sometimes at a lower rate of pay or with the need to relocate).
i would say the hardest part to deal with is management and the lack of an ability to work with a school schedule even though in most situations, a degree is needed in order to advance with in the company. also the lack of sick days provided can and does hurt.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
3 sick days per year no matter what, always HOT, stressful
Great
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Waxachie txOctober 1, 2018
Great company to work for took care of its employees excellent benefits took care of employees treated employees great would recommend them to anyone who is looking for a job
Decent entry level job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKSeptember 27, 2018
I suppose I've had slightly worse jobs is how I would describe working at dart. If you easily get stressed this is not the job for you. All the machines are very out dated and you will be asked to hit nearly impossible production numbers with a machine that has serious problems that percist for weeks at a time until they are fixed. Many times instead of actually fixing a problem mechanics and managers will slap a band aid on things so to speak while you continue to struggle and work much harder than necessary. The work environment is what you would expect of a multi million dollar factory. You will be nothing more than a number to the company and everything you do will be monitered down to the minute. You probably won't make any close friends working here as you must wear earplugs at all times and scream to hear what people are saying. But most of your Co workers are decent people and the pay is relatively competitive for the area. If you have a good work ethic and half a brain you can do well at this job after you get a bit of experience.
Pros
Decent pay every week, fast paced, usually unlimited overtime
Cons
Outdated equipment, limited comunication with management, stressful environment
I really liked my job there
Inspector and Packer (Former Employee) –  Horse Cave, KYSeptember 25, 2018
I really liked my job and the people I worked with and the management was good. Really good company to work for. I would recommend it to anyone.they had really good benefits when I worked for them.
Pros
Good work environment
drivers beware
Driver (Current Employee) –  Waxahachie, TXSeptember 24, 2018
overall not a bad place. As a driver you have an unstable schedule, , have to hand unload a fully cubed out trailer everyday all year long, have to handle pallets and pallet jacks. Sometimes a fight to get 40 hours a week, due to poor dispatching. basically, be on time, and then make your own hours for the day to accomodate what you need to earn. Lots of sitting around after unloads, not a lot of backhauls.
benefits
Cons
driver schedules
Only good for temporary employment
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Waxahachie, TXSeptember 20, 2018
The culture of the company is exactly why the turnover is ridiculously high. Breaks are short and you would think with all the money this company makes they would have new innovative machines since they value quality and have such high production demands.... NOPE. The machines are OUTDATED and literally falling apart .They would rather their employees undergo extreme stress and exhaustion trying to meet production standards with machines that can't even run a full shift without breaking down than SIMPLY replacing ALL the machines which would drive production up, increase the value and quality of the products and safety and improve the overall experience of the hard working employees so they might actually enjoy working for this company. Until then, no one will respect the CEO or management. To the CEO of dart container, 99% of your staff hates their jobs and physically exhaust themselves over your CHEAP machines, spend ONE day in each of your facilities and you'll see why your standards aren't met. The training is a complete joke. There are NO leaders and management does not communicate within its departments. These are SIMPLE fixes but nothing gets replaced or repaired properly, everything here is a temporary bandaid fix, don't invest in this company longterm. The pay is good to give you stability for a year MAYBE two, but you'll be running for the hills by then because its a sinking ship.
Pros
benefits, flexibility to advance or switch job titles
Cons
stressful, raises are inconsistent, extremely hot, staff is bitter and messy
It's not for everyone.
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 20, 2018
There shouldn't be a problem with this job if you're used to heat or fast paced work or standing up all day.
The melted plastic smell gave me minor headaches but its something you can toughen out especially after spending 12 hours smelling the stuff.
The schedule is cool if you need time to do other things the negative side effects of this is low pay. Made me feel like im working 12 hours for a scatch of money.
Paid weekly is cool
Overtime is available to help the cash roll in.
I didn't have any serious problems with management just some annoying employees, just nothing to get mad about.
Pros
Great Days Off
Cons
Great Days Off, Long Work Days, Climate and Health
Productivity and somewhat of a fun place to work
Extrusion Operator (Former Employee) –  Leola, PA 17540September 18, 2018
I learned a lot at Dart.I started my career as packer inspector and i advanced up to an operator and then a supervisor,print operator and then extrusion operator.I am glade that i have that experience.I am glade i had the opportunity to learn all the jobs i did.Each department i worked in was different with different pros and cons.
Pros
Extended breaks when hot.
Cons
Each department different with the cons.Not every building ran the same.
productive
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PASeptember 17, 2018
Overall Dart is a great place to work. I would recommend Dart Container to all of my friends as a great place to work. A job where you're on your feet all day.
Enjoy my responsiblies
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Leola, PASeptember 16, 2018
Overall the location that I work in works hard to take care of employees within company policy.

The best part about my job is the interactions I have with my employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dart Container. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7

3.0Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight