Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center Employee Reviews

Good place for clinical experience
REGISTERED RESPIRATORY THERAPIST (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, NHFebruary 13, 2019
Poor career advancement opportunities within my personal department. My department does not follow the mission goals for the company, only when it benefits leadership in given moment.
Pros
Great RN staff, up to date medical practice
Cons
Bad leadership within my department
fun easy atmosphere
PATIENT TRANSPORT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, NHFebruary 12, 2019
i liked my 4 day work week and the folks i worked with and not being stuck in same area and meeting new ppl eveey day (patients) it also had lots of sad moments
Cons
pay
Great pay - if you can deal with the boss
SENIOR TELECOMMUNICATIONS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, NHFebruary 8, 2019
Dartmouth was a horrendous place to work. Management is rude, unkind and unbearable. No matter how many times you report it to the upper level people or lodge complaints with employee relations nothing is done. It was the worst year of my life.
Great professional place to work
RN Pediatric Complex Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, NHJanuary 25, 2019
DHMC recognizes nurses as a profession and treats it as such consistently. Education is the leading culture and its supportive environment is exceptional. I would recommend this be the place to start your career.
Pros
Education
Cons
Travel
Hopefully Change is Coming
Manager (Current Employee) –  LebanonJanuary 9, 2019
The CEO, whom I've met, is very professional and is taking the organization on the right path and I'm confident in her goals. Even though I'm an employee, so far my healthcare experience as a patient has been excellent.

I cannot recommend employment and if you're considering a position at Dartmouth Hitchcock, wait a year or two as hopefully the CEO will have changed/updated the culture.
The department which I'm in, communication is abysmal, and most of the teams are siloed. In this department, if you are professional and experienced, you will have trouble fitting in or accepted by some of the teams.
You may be new to the organization, but they will consider you born yesterday as there were times I felt as if they thought I was a threat to their culture. Also, the time off benefit is not competitive.

Advice to Management:

Instead of training an experienced new employee they need to stop and learn from them. They certainly need an outsider(s) influence as they will try to convince a new employee their way is the only or right way. Hopefully, the current CEO will improve the culture and make the organization more competitive.
Great work enviroment!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHDecember 27, 2018
Great providers and staff.
Happy enviroment to be in- office provided for nurses and ample space for nurse visits.
Independence with nurse visit via providers orders.
Worked in a team based enviroment.
Learned a lot
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, NHDecember 20, 2018
I learned a lot about the healthcare field from working at such a large institution with so many opportunities and areas to learn. My time there is very valuable to me.
Micromanagement.
Appointment Secretary (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHDecember 20, 2018
I agree with the concept of watching what your employees do but the managers were always on you about every little detail. Employees were always afraid for their jobs because of constantly being monitored.
Great Cath Lab / Poor Pay
Room Boss For TAVR, I Coordinate (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, NHDecember 6, 2018
Great Cath Lab / Poor Pay this was one of those jobs when all the right people are together at the same time. I loved every minute i spent there and I benefitted by being around wounderful Doctors and Nurses that enjoy what they do, are good at what they do AND... can teach what we do with respect to the learner. For me personally, I was able to tolerate the low salary for the incredible experence and mentorship.
Pros
poor pay
Cons
Great Cath lab and training
Average review
Registered Pharmacy Tech (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, NHDecember 5, 2018
Because I have only worked at Dartmouth dor 5 months I am unaware of all of its aspects. The most enjoyable part of my day would be the awesome feeling of when my duties are completed on time. The hardestpart ofmy job would be the needto stand on my feet for the 71/2 out of 8 hours per day.
Pros
busy enviroment
Cons
very early morning hours
Manageable stress but lacks management
Technician (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, NHDecember 2, 2018
Working at DHMC allows you to do a variety of tasks, since there's always a lot to correct and fix in every department. This means that if you're able to separate life and work, you can be pretty stress free unless you're on call. The unfortunate part is management is typically three people doing the job of one, and combiner they're still not doing good work.
Work
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, NHNovember 28, 2018
I have a very good job here. For the most part I have enjoyed my career here. The pay increases are seen every 2.5 years on average. the diversity of co-workers is nice.
Great place to build experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, NHNovember 14, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at DHMC and feel as though it helped me grow as an individual both in my field of interest as well as other areas which I hadn't had much experience in yet.
Pros
Free snacks/lunch, kind management
Cons
Less flexible hours
Good but not great environment to work in
CARDIOLOGY ADMINISTRATION -Sr (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, NHNovember 13, 2018
The management is good but not excellent .The compensation does not match the title and work .Career Advancement is very slow as there are lot of people who have worked for years.
caring patient oriented care
Administrative Medical secretary (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHNovember 10, 2018
dartmouth hitchcock is a great place to work. having worked there for over 10 years I got to see dartmouth change and evolve to the what it has become known now to Nashua , a great clinic that takes care of the patients and cares for the community.
Senior Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHNovember 6, 2018
Worked in a specialty department that was very fast pace and at times difficult when you are short staffed. There was plenty of work to keep you busy. Everyone I worked with including the provider were great.
An amazing corporation to work for!
Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, NHOctober 28, 2018
An excellent place to work where you can learn just about anything and be challenged everyday. Unfortunately, unless you are on the managers good side plan on being treated unfairly.
Pros
Fast paced, teaching environment
Cons
Poor management
Many travel nurses
Staff Nurse-Operating Room (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, NHOctober 21, 2018
Very few retention efforts for regular staff. Lots of emphasis on improving turnover with not enough support to make it happen. Always felt rushed and pushed by surgeons and anesthesia.
teamwork, fun, and fast paced
Dinning room attendant (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, NHOctober 18, 2018
I worked in the Dinningroom as an attendant, the co workers I worked with were very nice and family like, high volume as far as pace for cashier, management was ok certain ones weary of, but the corporates very nice and treated you with respect and appreciation..
Pros
benefits, team work, overall work place culture..
Cons
stressful, too high of expectations, unfair training practice...could be more detail...
A good place to do good in the world
Program Coordinator, Honoring Care Decisions (HCD) (Current Employee) –  Keene, NHOctober 2, 2018
I appreciate DHMC's commitment to quality, patient-centered care. I've experienced great support from my team and find the CEO and other leaders accessible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight