Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center Employee Reviews

Average review
Registered Pharmacy Tech (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, NHDecember 5, 2018
Because I have only worked at Dartmouth dor 5 months I am unaware of all of its aspects. The most enjoyable part of my day would be the awesome feeling of when my duties are completed on time. The hardestpart ofmy job would be the needto stand on my feet for the 71/2 out of 8 hours per day.
Pros
busy enviroment
Cons
very early morning hours
Manageable stress but lacks management
Technician (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, NHDecember 2, 2018
Working at DHMC allows you to do a variety of tasks, since there's always a lot to correct and fix in every department. This means that if you're able to separate life and work, you can be pretty stress free unless you're on call. The unfortunate part is management is typically three people doing the job of one, and combiner they're still not doing good work.
Work
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, NHNovember 28, 2018
I have a very good job here. For the most part I have enjoyed my career here. The pay increases are seen every 2.5 years on average. the diversity of co-workers is nice.
Great place to build experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, NHNovember 14, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at DHMC and feel as though it helped me grow as an individual both in my field of interest as well as other areas which I hadn't had much experience in yet.
Pros
Free snacks/lunch, kind management
Cons
Less flexible hours
Good but not great environment to work in
CARDIOLOGY ADMINISTRATION -Sr (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, NHNovember 13, 2018
The management is good but not excellent .The compensation does not match the title and work .Career Advancement is very slow as there are lot of people who have worked for years.
caring patient oriented care
Administrative Medical secretary (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHNovember 10, 2018
dartmouth hitchcock is a great place to work. having worked there for over 10 years I got to see dartmouth change and evolve to the what it has become known now to Nashua , a great clinic that takes care of the patients and cares for the community.
Senior Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHNovember 6, 2018
Worked in a specialty department that was very fast pace and at times difficult when you are short staffed. There was plenty of work to keep you busy. Everyone I worked with including the provider were great.
An amazing corporation to work for!
Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, NHOctober 28, 2018
An excellent place to work where you can learn just about anything and be challenged everyday. Unfortunately, unless you are on the managers good side plan on being treated unfairly.
Pros
Fast paced, teaching environment
Cons
Poor management
Many travel nurses
Staff Nurse-Operating Room (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, NHOctober 21, 2018
Very few retention efforts for regular staff. Lots of emphasis on improving turnover with not enough support to make it happen. Always felt rushed and pushed by surgeons and anesthesia.
teamwork, fun, and fast paced
Dinning room attendant (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, NHOctober 18, 2018
I worked in the Dinningroom as an attendant, the co workers I worked with were very nice and family like, high volume as far as pace for cashier, management was ok certain ones weary of, but the corporates very nice and treated you with respect and appreciation..
Pros
benefits, team work, overall work place culture..
Cons
stressful, too high of expectations, unfair training practice...could be more detail...
A good place to do good in the world
Program Coordinator, Honoring Care Decisions (HCD) (Current Employee) –  Keene, NHOctober 2, 2018
I appreciate DHMC's commitment to quality, patient-centered care. I've experienced great support from my team and find the CEO and other leaders accessible.
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, NHSeptember 20, 2018
Pay and benefits are okay. Management is not great. Work life balance is okay. Retirement benefits are not great. Health insurance is very high deductible.
good place to work
MAIL CLERK (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, NHSeptember 11, 2018
co-workers were friendly, contact with other staff was typically positive, it has the same negatives as any work place but overall a good employer....
Pros
good environment
Cons
pay could be better in some positions
OK place to work
Blood Bank Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hanover, NHSeptember 8, 2018
would recommend if not sure what the job is your putting in for to shadow the job before committing to it, I recently switched departments and I am not doing what the job was described to me.
Pros
M-F no weekneds
Cons
sitting way to much
I was a temp
Immigration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, NHSeptember 6, 2018
I am a per diem, so I do projects. DHMC is working very hard to bring job satisfaction ratings up higher, and they are very diligent. I am impressed how fast senior leadership reacted when the low staff satisfaction reviews were made public.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
no benefits as I was a per diem
Coworkers and Patients make the job well worth it.
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Keene, NHAugust 26, 2018
Is a great place to work, but be prepared to face many hard challenges. I learned many things from my peers, coworkers, supervisors and the other HUCS who trained me.
Horrible
Medical Laboratory Science Intern (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, NHAugust 23, 2018
Would not recommend as a place to work. Laboratory staff are incredibly rude and "cliques" are very prevalent - felt like I was in high school all over again.
High staff turnover, Pay was reasonable, good time off benefits, Negative environment, Hostile manager
Medical Imager 1 (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, NHAugust 19, 2018
High staff turnover, Pay was reasonable, good time off benefits, Negative environment. Underappreciated staff.
Pay was reasonable, good time off benefits
Fast paced and poor management
Tech (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, NHAugust 17, 2018
I worked at Dartmouth for about 3 months. Sometimes it was easy, sometimes there was an obstacle to face. The manager didnt confront people when needed and gave certain people special treatment.
Pros
2 lunches
Cons
Poor management, sucky shifts
Great Place To Work
Workforce Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, NHAugust 13, 2018
Great place to work! Worked here for 17 years. With new transition in leadership the culture and drive of employee engagement and trust is rising. Good people good jobs!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight