Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center Employee Reviews

A good place to do good in the world
Program Coordinator, Honoring Care Decisions (HCD) (Current Employee) –  Keene, NHOctober 2, 2018
I appreciate DHMC's commitment to quality, patient-centered care. I've experienced great support from my team and find the CEO and other leaders accessible.
good place to work
MAIL CLERK (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, NHSeptember 11, 2018
co-workers were friendly, contact with other staff was typically positive, it has the same negatives as any work place but overall a good employer....
Pros
good environment
Cons
pay could be better in some positions
OK place to work
Blood Bank Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hanover, NHSeptember 8, 2018
would recommend if not sure what the job is your putting in for to shadow the job before committing to it, I recently switched departments and I am not doing what the job was described to me.
Pros
M-F no weekneds
Cons
sitting way to much
I was a temp
Immigration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, NHSeptember 6, 2018
I am a per diem, so I do projects. DHMC is working very hard to bring job satisfaction ratings up higher, and they are very diligent. I am impressed how fast senior leadership reacted when the low staff satisfaction reviews were made public.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
no benefits as I was a per diem
Coworkers and Patients make the job well worth it.
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Keene, NHAugust 26, 2018
Is a great place to work, but be prepared to face many hard challenges. I learned many things from my peers, coworkers, supervisors and the other HUCS who trained me.
Horrible
Medical Laboratory Science Intern (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, NHAugust 23, 2018
Would not recommend as a place to work. Laboratory staff are incredibly rude and "cliques" are very prevalent - felt like I was in high school all over again.
High staff turnover, Pay was reasonable, good time off benefits, Negative environment, Hostile manager
Medical Imager 1 (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, NHAugust 19, 2018
High staff turnover, Pay was reasonable, good time off benefits, Negative environment. Underappreciated staff.
Pay was reasonable, good time off benefits
Fast paced and poor management
Tech (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, NHAugust 17, 2018
I worked at Dartmouth for about 3 months. Sometimes it was easy, sometimes there was an obstacle to face. The manager didnt confront people when needed and gave certain people special treatment.
Pros
2 lunches
Cons
Poor management, sucky shifts
Great Place To Work
Workforce Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, NHAugust 13, 2018
Great place to work! Worked here for 17 years. With new transition in leadership the culture and drive of employee engagement and trust is rising. Good people good jobs!
too many meetings, too many managers, not enough boots on the ground
Manager, Quality Systems (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, NHAugust 2, 2018
I didn't work less than 12 hours a day, 6 days a week since starting my position, sometimes working and filling in up to 3 positions. I was not on-boarded, there are multiple systems and too many processes making management and hiring a challenge.
Awesome place to be!!!
Clinical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, NHAugust 2, 2018
Love love love DHMC ! I worked there durning my pregnancy and for a total of 2.5 years as a secretary! I have referred and suggested TONS of people to work there because of how wonderful it is as an employee to be there! Pay is great, training is great, benifits are awesome, the discounts are fantastic! Cannot day enough great things about being an employee here!
I would go back in a heartbeat if we lived closer!! Best career choice you could make, by far!!
Pros
Pay, discounts, great work environment, career advancement opportunities
Cons
Traffic in the morning
fun and fast pace
Appointmenmt Secretary (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHAugust 1, 2018
Fun and fast paced environment to work in. A lot of team building and team oriented place to work. Would work back here in a flash. thoroughly enjoyed it.
Keene Campus, Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Keene, NHJuly 30, 2018
This is a good place to work. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is talking to patients every day. Everyday is different with work & patients, you never know when you get to work what kind of day you'll have in front of you.
its a nice place to learn a lot
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  New HampshireJuly 20, 2018
patient nurse , relationship,computer skills ,, drawing bloods ,, team works ,,some politics around but its ok for some,,management was alright,,, nice
Pros
free thanksgiving dinner
Cons
breaks at 30 minutes
A good place, overall.
Managing Director, Bioinformatics Shared Resource (Former Employee) –  Hanover, NHJuly 11, 2018
An overall good place to work. Good intellectual environment, with an opportunity to interact with biologist and clinical staff as well. The large size of the hospital and separation of the hospital an main campus results in some balkanization of fiefdoms.
Pros
Good salary, relatively low cost of living
Cons
Small town, bitter winters
First career job
Electroencephalographic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Hanover, NHJuly 7, 2018
This was my 1st job out of college and it was a great place to grow my knowledge and learn. I really learned my craft here and would say that it was probably my fondest memories of being in this field.
Pros
A great place to learn your craft
Cons
A little too small of a town for me
A busy place with good people , not a lot of full time people
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHJune 30, 2018
a great place with many locations to pick from but not enough to keep me in one place . work in 3 places , nashua , lebanon , manchester . like to consolidate to just 1 with some benifits.
Pros
no call
Great place to work!
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHJune 26, 2018
I really loved this job. The managers really care for their employees. It was nice because they offered tuition reimbursement. I was able to switch my schedule if I had something important without hassle.
Rewarding practice to work with
Nurse Midwife (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, NHJune 23, 2018
One of the first and premiere hospital-based midwifery practices in New England. Midwives work collaboratively and successfully with the physicians in a practice which was able to maintain its own autonomy within a large medical center culture.
Big Healthcare Machine
Senior Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  lebnanon, nhJune 20, 2018
Good employer in a rural area. Doesn't try to retain high talent employees. It's a healthcare machine. People are great and try really hard. Senior leaders are cautious and without vision.
Pros
job security
Cons
salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7

2.5Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight