Dartmouth Journal Services Employee Review

View all Dartmouth Journal Services reviews

Unique line of work
Author Billing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, VTAugust 13, 2012
This job is in the publication field and I am constantly learning. A typical day at work consists of answering questions from authors by phone and email, creating estimates for publication charges, creating spreadsheets for billing, applying accounts receiveables, handling remittances for customers, and sending deliquency notices. It is a pleasure to work with my current manager. This person is understanding, helpful, and full of advice to better myself on the job. My co-workers are also helpful and supportive. The hardest part of my job is the fact that it is in a field that I was previously unfamiliar with. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new skills.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
longer commute than i would prefer

Other Dartmouth Journal Services Employee Reviews

Truly enjoyed my time here
Senior Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, VTNovember 30, 2014
Though a part of a bigger corporation, management is warm and co-workers were alot of fun.

Training was amazing, they have institutional memory down. You won't ever have to mess up on a job because you have the documentation to always do it right.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Time clock, hand swipe