Dash's Market Employee Reviews

Stressful
Food Preparer (Former Employee) –  GetzvilleAugust 14, 2018
Bad work ethic , stressful and not a fun place to work. Didn’t get enough hours a week the employees were lazy and had lack of respect for their jobs and customers
Just a temporary job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 23, 2018
Dash's did not have great managers, but to me it was a temporary job. Over all my coworkers were nice and when the manager was not there it was a nice place to work.
Unstable future.
Produce (Former Employee) –  HertelApril 12, 2018
I work for the warehouse that supplies the dash markets, the warehouse itself is being mismanaged to the extreme. Going down hill very fast compared to what this company use to be. The big guys in charge are out for themselves and have acknowledged the furture looks grim. I wouldn't invest much time if you're looking for a stable career. Doors at warehouse could be cloaing in near future.
Pros
Food
Cons
Warehouse supplier is in jeopordy
Great first job, not much room for advancement, no raises!
Cashier/ Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 8, 2018
I worked here for a little over 3 years. I can tell you that the owner doesn't respect his employees, is very unapproachable, and is stingy with his money. I always conveniently would get a raise right before minimum wage would go up. When this happens, your raise doesn't get carried over.. instead you make minimum wage again. If you're looking for a long term place to work, don't work here. However it is great for high schoolers or people who need flexible scheduling.
Fun with a good culture. Always set out to work with your busy schedule.
Pizza Maker/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Clarence, NYFebruary 12, 2018
I enjoyed working at Dashs it had very good managers that all set out to make it a good work place for all employees, at the same time to make it a great experience for customers.
Decent place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 24, 2018
Dash's was a decent place to work. Never an issue with job security, small family run business so you are a known person, not just another name/number so to speak.
You will work long hours, you will work plenty (all) of weekends and holidays. It's a retail business. Thus balancing your FAMILY TIME with work life is a challenge. Again, it's retail.
I liked the fact that I'd see the owner various times in the work week. He knew me, and my family. He was genuine in his care and concern for you and yours
Pros
Decent pay, family run business, flexible in times of need
Cons
Retail hours
Not bad
Baker (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYOctober 11, 2017
Typical day at work was not strenuous but depending on the job could be monotonous. Learned to make a variety of different doughs, as well as baking large batches of bread. Management was OK. Most employees got along with little to no issues.
Pros
Owner paid a bulk of health care costs.
great company
Customer Service Manager (CSM) (Current Employee) –  Clarence, NYAugust 2, 2017
I love working for Dash Markets everyone is friendly and helpful. Customers are awesome and a joy to see. My co-workers are happy and friendly also helpful.
Pros
nice and slow paced work enviorment
Cons
short breaks, micro managers to high strung.
Solid job, decent benefits, family atmosphere
Cake Decorator (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYFebruary 19, 2017
I enjoyed my job in the Bakery Department. I learned a lot of new skills from my co-workers, as well as different types of methods to design fancy cakes and tortes. The current employees have been there a while and seem to have a family-type closeness with each other. It is a grocery store, so the hours are constant, including Holidays and weekends. For me, the toughest part of the job was the increase in bakery activity during the holidays, though it was a nice change of pace to be challenged at those times. During slower times, I was able to show off my creativity with my work and attempt new ways of decorating their cake line-up.
Pros
Time for creativity, subsidized Health Ins. premium
Cons
No time off before 1 year anniversary, have to work sick in the mean-time
Steady work with multiple responsibilities
Cashier/Customer Service/Supervisor of cashiers (Former Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYNovember 7, 2016
Counting cashier drawers/balancing customer service desk drawer, maintaining lotto machine/utility payments/money orders. Making sure everything matched at the end of the night and getting bank deposits ready and into drop box.
hated it
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kenmore, NYSeptember 7, 2016
working for dash's was on of my worst experiences ever. owners had no ideal how to operate a store. had things stored in other buildings just to make a quick buck. wasn't very flexible with letting others have power.
Pros
hours
Cons
bad work envirorment
great
Manager/Barista (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYJuly 29, 2015
I loved my job and I learned a lot. Auto loans was a good way to branch out from the pastry industry but I am ready to get back.
starter job
food preparaton (Current Employee) –  pizzeriaJanuary 10, 2015
good starter job for teens, no room for improvement though. daily food preparation, customer service and retail tasks. co workers were mainly teens with good management. I learned much about food preparation. most enjoyable part was meeting new people and there was not anything in particular that was hard.
Pros
flexable hours
Cons
inadequate compesation
No managment, low pay, no fun
Meat Associate (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYOctober 10, 2014
If your starting out and this is your first job, that's ok, besides that do not work here. Horrible management from the top down. Communication is non existent in this company. Products are not properly advertised. The only thing that pushes you through the day is talking to your co workers about positive things in life besides the place were all working at. No motivation from employees , stems from management with poverty wages, poor management and no balance with life and work.
Pros
Co workers
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 24, 2014
I greeted customers as they walked into the store. I had knowledge of the store layout so if a customer had a question of the whereabouts of a certain item, I knew which aisle to send them. I cashed out customers and had full understanding of the computer register system we used.
I enjoyed working at Dashes, but I was only there on a temporary basis.
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJune 28, 2014
Working at Dashes was a good experience as I enjoy working in customer service.
I worked at Dashes part-time on a temporary basis while I in a pharmacy technician program at school.
Pros
Very good managers, good working environment and close to home are pros.
Cons
It is not a pharmacy technician career position is the major con.
helping people who needed it
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYApril 10, 2014
cash out people n meeting people doing a candy ordering n book ordering management was good the owners always on site the co-workers were nice the hardest part of the job try to make the customer happy
Pros
helping people, meeting new people
Cons
no health care, very short breaks
Fun workplace
Associate (Former Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYJuly 11, 2013
A typical day at dashs was very interesting. I was usually bouncing between cashing to floral to deli. The environment was amazing and I always felt appreciated as an employee.
Pros
Co-workers
Productive and nice place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYJune 18, 2013
the owner was very involved in the day to day business. He took pride in his business and his employees
Pros
Good shift to work
Cons
distance from home