Dassault Systèmes
Happiness rating is 68 out of 100

Dassault Systèmes Employee Reviews

United States113 reviews

Good people who care and some who're there to get a check

We create art. If you're lucky enough to have a job that lets you be creative don't complain about it. There's a lot of people who would love to have it. Good place, laid back, get your work done and go be with your family.

Pros

Good people who care

Cons

Some of the work can be repetitive and boring.

Zero support or growth.

Terrible compensation for the severely overworked employees. Little job growth, incredibly poor morale and terrible management among many other things.

Pros

Good medical

Cons

Everything else.

Dassault Systèmes insights

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Fair pay for job

Many good people working for a corporate juggernaut run by bug-eyed profiteers with messianic delusions.

I worked for ~15 years on a software development team of ~20 members in a beautiful office in Bend, Oregon. Almost everyone I directly worked with was friendly, motivated and brilliant. The worst thing about the job was trying to coordinate with remote teams that were often uncooperative and sometimes outright adversarial. Large-scale projects were consistently hamstrung by incompetent upper management. Oppressively profit-centric company meeting and nauseatingly cultish corporate propaganda.

Enjoyable job but miserable career movement opportunities and lackluster compensation

The job itself is enjoyable, but with corporate policies and red-tape, it has become a chore to clock in every day. Compensation is an insult when half your team leaves yet you get a 1% raise for doing 150% more work. Dassault Systemes(DS) is trying to force people back into the office during COVID despite there being no benefit to productivity. Little to no opportunities for advancement within the company.

Pros

Nice coworkers, direct manager is cool

Cons

Upper management is awful, compensation is a joke, forcing office work when WFH is completely fine, no job advancement

It's a job

The company has really good vision but the execution is just not there. The 3DEXPERIENCE Platform looks great in demos and extremely powerful but from my experience its laggy and has a lot of quirks to it that prevent it from being an enjoyable experience. The standalone products I've used work great its simply when they are integrated into the platform where they get hard to navigate. I work in the Services organization for North America. I haven't worked outside of this organization but from what I've heard, services is the armpit of the company. The pay raises are abysmal so make sure to negotiate your starting base salary well and have as little of it in the variable compensation (I'm not in sales but could be different for that) One pro, pre-covid it was really easy to work from home. Since covid I've had to go to the office one time and that was because my home internet crashed.

Pros

Decent benefits, matching 401k, depending on your team you may have great work/life balance, The health insurance is pretty great compared to the competition

Cons

Pay raises, inability for growth. Overall just a boring company to work for

Excellent for early and late career

Great company with challenging problems for early career applicants. It is also good for late career since has good benefits and great work/life balance. But there is lack of purpose in the company and constantly re-organizing themselves. The mission is so borad that there isn't really any clear objective other than making $$$ for the investors.If you are in your mid-career or early but looking for a place to really grow your career, it is not the place for you.If you are looking for a place with sense of purpose, this is also no the place for you. It may look good at first but you will eventually get disappointed.The structure is very flat so expect lack of growth in the technical or leadership domain. The upper management is all French or European. So if you wanted to grow real up, start as soon as possible with your french citizenship. If you cannot get one, forget to have a say in the direction of the company.

good benefits/work life balance, poor advancement

The pay is fair. The benefits are good/competitive. They recently decided to start unlimited vacation in USA effective Jan 2022, which caused quite a stir.There is little to no chance for advancement. New salary structures started this year could mean you get zero salary increase unless you overperform, but since they limit the percentage of overperformers, you could see zero salary increases. That means you lose salary against inflation. This makes it important for new hires to get as high a salary as you can at the start.The company is pushing out longtimers with this new salary structure and vacation policy, in my opinion.

Pros

Good Benefits. Work/life balance. OK pay, but negotiate well at start.

Cons

Not much advancement. Management can be heavy-handed.

I love DS

Smart innovative people, great products. Most managers respect work/life balance and are supportive. Some stress and long hours especially during Covid-19 shutdown.

Pros

Great benefit

Cons

Commute

Good people, work life balance, but poor compensation and opportunities for advancement

Services organization is composed of smart consultants, architects, and PMs that are capable of performing at a high level. There's a rotating cast of upper management that seem to just trade positions and titles and there is no new blood at the top. Notably there are very few women in the organization, even less in any sort of leadership position.Compensation is low compared to competition, especially for those based on either coast.

Job security but poor pay and extremely slow growth

Dassault Systemes is a french company which has not adapted to the US market. This is something that is constantly brought up. Every year we have poor results in the Great Place To Work survey in regards to benefits/pay. The pay is way below average, and it cannot be compensated for the "job security" the company guarantees. In my opinion, this is a way to take advantage of employees. No matter how much you invest yourself on the quality of your work, only seniority really makes a difference. The company does not like promoting based on accomplishments, but based on this seniority. This makes growth extremely slow, and promotions are very difficult to attain.

Pros

Job security, good health insurance and great office at Waltham

I have a really good manager and team. Everyone in Waltham site is generally very collaborative and nice. Really good work life balance. Good job security. Did not let go of Full-time employees even during pandemic.I enjoy working here.

Pros

Good work life balance, Good people who like to support and help each other

Cons

Nothing really.

Really enjoy working for this great company it is a brilliant place to be and I hope to stay for a long time please god. Nearly at the 150 characters

Good place to work. No advancement in career. You get stuck for years in the same position. Very stable company. Smart people. Compensation is not great. Great medical benefits.

Minuses outweigh the pluses in the long run

Long-term staff have pretty security job but small chances to advancement. Company tries to force people to working in office but virus forced them to let ppl work from house. French ppl drive all decisions. Heavily bureaucratic. Cpy makes phony efforts to try to make staff think they care about staff. Execs only care about stock prices and making them more richer. Hard to feel part of cpy. Make many acquisitions. Do work to push boundary. Very heavy internal structures. Still very lots of silos between brands and divisions. Communication not strong. Do not trust leaders. Seem many people escorted out but generally ok job secureity. no hope to advance. get your 2-5 yrs experience then leaf is my advise.

Pros

Decent salary. Strong benefits package.

Cons

Heavy bureaucratic from French. Small chance to advance career here.

Customer Focused wants to do right

I enjoyed my time at Dassault Systemes 7 years. A terrific company that while sometimes slow in responding to customer requests for product development they were always earnest in trying to make it right. An excellent experience for me.

Pros

Great Benefits, Fair Pay

Cons

Company bureaucracy could be challenging. Slow

Rewarding place to work with great people

A wonderful place to work with really great people. Management is mixed. Some are caring and have a good vision of the company and individuals goals and are able to make both happen. A few managers can't see the forest for the trees. Not unusual for most place to work.

Pros

Free pop and ping pong. Very creative and talented group of dedicated people.

Cons

Some managers lack clear vision

Overall it was a good experience

Very good experience overall. I enjoyed my internship. Work culture is very good. People are always ready to help you. You get chance to learn many things

Pros

Work culture is very good. People are always ready to help you.

Great place to work.

Dassault Systems so far promotes self improvement in the workplace while allowing for a work life balance. The management team is supportive and promotes self paced learning while allowing for a team attitude to get the job done.

Pros

Work life balance, pay, benefits

Cons

Sometimes heavy work load, low staffing

Nice place to work

As an intern I have been treated well. Many guidance, and help around understanding things... Respectful team, and good manager and team interaction...

Expect constant change and many opportunities to learn.

- A strong vision & mission for the company - Lot of smart people to work with - Always expect change - Always expect challenges - Many opportunities to learn - Never boring

Great technology to help businesses develop products faster.

Dassault has a wide range of solutions around CAD, SIM and PLM to help businesses design innovative products faster. They have a wide range of industries they cover

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dassault Systèmes. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss