Dassault Systèmes

Dassault Systèmes Employee Reviews

United States124 reviews

systemesfrenchsoftwarebalanceproductcultureteamcareer

Fun workplace

It was pretty good working there. People were very friendly and the environment was good. Overall a great experience and The management wasnt the best but it was good

Awesome experience

Smart people with great work ethic.I was the part of Simulia R&D and loved each and every day of internship. Also was able to publish my work in AIAA conference.

Dassault Systèmes insights

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to meet personal goals

very good work-life balance

One of best parts of working at DS is the environment. Collaboration, products, tools are everything. The culture and environment are very inclusive. Internal Resource for every person are available which makes this a great place to work and connect.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?There's not really anything too stressful. Sometimes hitting target goals can be a challenge. But when you work for uahc a large company already, expanding profit can be stressful and challenging. But also, rewarding.

Challenging & Rewarding

Decent place to be, good people, good product and a good vision for the company's future. Highly matrixed organization that can be bureaucratic at times.

Great work experience was looking to continue that growth.

What is the best part of working at the company?The diversity of the people and the environment. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The uncertainty of the job and the customers needs.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Open and collaborative. Everyone worked well together.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Check emails, review the backlog of issues. Provide support the a client.

Amazing Workplace

Amazing workplace and benefitsCompetitive peopleCommunication is the keyAdapt and GrowGood benefits (Insurance and goodies)Best performer best compensationManagement is supportive

Worked as an intern. Nice office location in Waltham with great ammenities. Nice culture. Employees were very nice and inclusive and exciting initatives at the company.

Very interesting place to work

As an intern, I have learned many things from working at DS. There are many interesting projects going on in the company. Sometimes, it can be demanding as the dealing approaches

Grwat company and lot of opprtunities to grow your careerEmployee securityGreat benefitsCompetitive compensationsClarity of futureBit matrixOverall work life balance is good

Overall, Dassault Systemes is a great place to work. Very professional atmosphere. Nice facilities and safe work environment. Great management team who care about the company and employees.

It's an ok place but I wouldn't recommend it to a friend.

Technology in the platform is good but customers aren't adopting to it very well. Some of their sales messaging claims isn't true, or quite a stretch. FAA Digital Certification? They don't have an answer.

Pros

Remote in North America

Cons

French do not like us working remote, Internal politics, You must be aligned with the woke mindset to succeed.

Fantastic place to intern

For an internship, this paid absolutely fantastically and had plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. My team was incredibly supportive, helpful, and encouraged me to pursue any direction in my career that I felt was best, and they helped me do so.

Zero support or growth.

Terrible compensation for the severely overworked employees. Little job growth, incredibly poor morale and terrible management among many other things.

Pros

Good medical

Cons

Everything else.

Many good people working for a corporate juggernaut run by bug-eyed profiteers with messianic delusions.

I worked for ~15 years on a software development team of ~20 members in a beautiful office in Bend, Oregon. Almost everyone I directly worked with was friendly, motivated and brilliant. The worst thing about the job was trying to coordinate with remote teams that were often uncooperative and sometimes outright adversarial. Large-scale projects were consistently hamstrung by incompetent upper management. Oppressively profit-centric company meeting and nauseatingly cultish corporate propaganda.

Good people who care and some who're there to get a check

We create art. If you're lucky enough to have a job that lets you be creative don't complain about it. There's a lot of people who would love to have it. Good place, laid back, get your work done and go be with your family.

Pros

Good people who care

Cons

Some of the work can be repetitive and boring.

Enjoyable job but miserable career movement opportunities and lackluster compensation

The job itself is enjoyable, but with corporate policies and red-tape, it has become a chore to clock in every day. Compensation is an insult when half your team leaves yet you get a 1% raise for doing 150% more work. Dassault Systemes(DS) is trying to force people back into the office during COVID despite there being no benefit to productivity. Little to no opportunities for advancement within the company.

Pros

Nice coworkers, direct manager is cool

Cons

Upper management is awful, compensation is a joke, forcing office work when WFH is completely fine, no job advancement

It's a job

The company has really good vision but the execution is just not there. The 3DEXPERIENCE Platform looks great in demos and extremely powerful but from my experience its laggy and has a lot of quirks to it that prevent it from being an enjoyable experience. The standalone products I've used work great its simply when they are integrated into the platform where they get hard to navigate. I work in the Services organization for North America. I haven't worked outside of this organization but from what I've heard, services is the armpit of the company. The pay raises are abysmal so make sure to negotiate your starting base salary well and have as little of it in the variable compensation (I'm not in sales but could be different for that) One pro, pre-covid it was really easy to work from home. Since covid I've had to go to the office one time and that was because my home internet crashed.

Pros

Decent benefits, matching 401k, depending on your team you may have great work/life balance, The health insurance is pretty great compared to the competition

Cons

Pay raises, inability for growth. Overall just a boring company to work for

Excellent for early and late career

Great company with challenging problems for early career applicants. It is also good for late career since has good benefits and great work/life balance. But there is lack of purpose in the company and constantly re-organizing themselves. The mission is so borad that there isn't really any clear objective other than making $$$ for the investors.If you are in your mid-career or early but looking for a place to really grow your career, it is not the place for you.If you are looking for a place with sense of purpose, this is also no the place for you. It may look good at first but you will eventually get disappointed.The structure is very flat so expect lack of growth in the technical or leadership domain. The upper management is all French or European. So if you wanted to grow real up, start as soon as possible with your french citizenship. If you cannot get one, forget to have a say in the direction of the company.

good benefits/work life balance, poor advancement

The pay is fair. The benefits are good/competitive. They recently decided to start unlimited vacation in USA effective Jan 2022, which caused quite a stir.There is little to no chance for advancement. New salary structures started this year could mean you get zero salary increase unless you overperform, but since they limit the percentage of overperformers, you could see zero salary increases. That means you lose salary against inflation. This makes it important for new hires to get as high a salary as you can at the start.The company is pushing out longtimers with this new salary structure and vacation policy, in my opinion.

Pros

Good Benefits. Work/life balance. OK pay, but negotiate well at start.

Cons

Not much advancement. Management can be heavy-handed.

I love DS

Smart innovative people, great products. Most managers respect work/life balance and are supportive. Some stress and long hours especially during Covid-19 shutdown.

Pros

Great benefit

Cons

Commute

Good people, work life balance, but poor compensation and opportunities for advancement

Services organization is composed of smart consultants, architects, and PMs that are capable of performing at a high level. There's a rotating cast of upper management that seem to just trade positions and titles and there is no new blood at the top. Notably there are very few women in the organization, even less in any sort of leadership position.Compensation is low compared to competition, especially for those based on either coast.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dassault Systèmes. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Dassault Systèmes.
Powered byComparably