Data Dimensions Employee Reviews

Have to live for the company
Online processor (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IANovember 8, 2018
Hours change depending on work que. One day might be mandatory 12 hours with little the no notice, next day might be sent home early. Your first year you get no paid time off. They do offer non- paid days but they have to be approved in advance and if anyone else is off it gets denied. Paid holidays are dependent on workload. Points system for calling in sick or leaving early is ridiculous. Two points even if you need to take a half day and doctors excuses get you no where. The insurance is so expensive you can’t afford to cover your family. No raises. Ever. People there for 4 years make the same as trainees.
Pros
Easy work, some decent co-workers
Cons
No breaks, sitting all day long, they don’t care about work life balance
Don't make this job your career
DATA ENTRY PROCESSOR (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIJuly 31, 2018
You have to be self disciplined to work at home. At this company, be prepared to work at least 10 hours of overtime a week. The overtime has been going on for years. Management is a joke. I have been at this company for over 15 years, and I make way less money now than I did when I was hired! Benefits are good, but there is no work/life balance. They do not make homeworkers feel like they are part of the company, hence the decreased piece rate, not just for me, but everyone all the time. Expect low moral if you work here. They want you to work harder and faster for hours at a time for less and less money.
Pros
Great benefits, work at home/flexible schedule
Cons
No pay raises ever, overtime all the time.
Horrible conpany
Document Processor (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIJune 30, 2018
This company was great until the owners sold it. Poor communication between management and employees. The faster you get, the more they raise piece rate resulting in a pay cut, not raise. Which brings me to my next point there are NO raises. Ever. I made less after 4 years of working there than i did when i started even though i consistently doubled piece rate. they let some go over their sick days without being terminated, and others can't. It's a company built on lies and favoritism.HR is worthless and doesnt know the answers to anything that human resources SHOULD KNOW THE ANSWERS TO. Not a company I would recommend to.my worst enemy.
Pros
Pay is good if you never want a raise.
Unfavorable workplace
Data Indexer/Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WiSeptember 10, 2018
Data Dimensions is not a favorable place to work. They claim to be for the veterans, but in reality they care more about the bottom line than they do about helping the veterans.

The work process is horribly inefficient, and often the majority of the workload is placed on the Quality Assurance department. Many employees are grossly underpaid and there is no piece rate for departments that require higher amounts of knowledge/skill.

The management is laughable - many supervisors aren't fully knowledgeable about the departments they are put in charge of, and they often play favorites with employees. Write-ups come from practically nowhere, especially for the Quality Assurance department on Second Shift. Multiple times employees have been fired for being out of the production area too much, when they were simply leaving to use the bathroom. The Quality Assurance department are held to a much tighter window of time allowed out of the production area than any other department, and are left to their own devices more than any other department as well.

The Quality Assurance department is held to a high production rate, and a near 100% quality level, which simply isn't possible given the thousands of documents they process on a daily basis.
Pros
Good pay (for some departments)
Cons
Short Breaks, no bathrooms in the production area, long hours, poor management, inefficient, horrible HR
frequent pay cuts and negative vibes
Document Processor (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIMay 1, 2018
The job is a piece rate job that should not be because there are too many variables involved. We are told "that is the way they are doing it and the way they have always done it" . For a company that prides itself on being innovative, that rigid attitude doesn't really mesh. On most jobs you can expect at least some kind of raise at some point if you are a loyal worker that always makes their goals and is always there on time but not here. The only raise you may ever see might be in the fringe pay they are contractually obligated to pay (after they take some to pay for their part of insurance and 401 k) In fact, you can actually expect to get pay cuts as a reward for service. The piece rates are set a level that is not consistently obtainable and after more than 5 years of service has resulted in a $3 or more an hour pay cut for a lot of Preppers. At some point, the fact that we are helping Veterans is not enough when we can't pay our own bills.
Pros
Helping veterans paperwork get processed faster
Cons
management that doesn't seem to care and a steady rate of piece rate increases and pay cuts
Unhappy place
Document Processor (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIOctober 29, 2018
This place is truly the worst to work at. Management is awful, HR is useless, and you never will get a raise...I fact you more than likely will experience pay cuts.
Was told that I was not paid to think by my Supervisor.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IANovember 3, 2018
Never put yourself out on a limb concerning your beliefs or ideology. Do not attempt to better yourself without specific guidelines or permission. Expect lots of overtime. Do not trust the upper-management. Good benefits and higher than average pay.
Pros
Above average pay and benefits.
Cons
Lose your self-esteem and realize you have sold your soul as an individual.
too many hours not enough money
Data Entry Home Operator (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WINovember 12, 2018
I got to set my own schedule, which was great. I chose to get up at 2:30 a.m. to make sure I got my 4 hours of data entry work done before my kids got up and ready for school. Most of the time extra mandatory 1-2 hours were added the night before or that same day of work. It was this way for most of my almost 10 years of working there. We worked extra hours and weekends, mandatory. Never received overtime or compensation for all the extra hours. They would tell us they would hire more people to cut down on the extra hours, but either they didn't, or the people didn't stay because they had to work a bunch of extra too. They say it's flexible but they make it very difficult when they force extra hours.
Quiet but fast pace
Document Processor (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIOctober 27, 2018
Most people listen to some sort of mp3 player, so long as there is no digital screen or camera on the device as these are not permitted in the processing room. Papers that management required you to sign could never leave the room and you were not allowed a copy of what you signed for your own records. Overtime was mandated, often working Saturdays and some Sundays, making it difficult to balance work and home life.
Pros
Quiet Work Setting
Cons
Mandated Overtime
Data Dimensions likes to play favorites, big time.
former doc. proc. (Former Employee) –  IowaSeptember 24, 2018
Management is all over the place and get involved in the drama going around the company. Managers tell their employee's personal business to others if they call in a personal day. HR likes to lie about policies and get mad when you read the handbook and ask questions.
Pros
money
Cons
everything else
I would never work here again
Data Capture Operator (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIOctober 24, 2018
My typical day consisted of badging in and sitting at a buffet table with numerous other people smashed in together. We would type records from the VA all day. More times than not, we would be notified 10 minutes (sometimes less) before the end of our shift that they were requiring overtime. There was no consideration for people who were in school and had class, or parents who had their kids at day care. If you did not stay, they would fire you.

The chairs were not adjustable and neither was the computer equipment. We were literally stuck in one position for 8-12 hours a day. They refused to let anyone come in and help with ergonomics. We couldn't have windows due to confidentiality and the lighting above our buffet tables was very limited, leading to eye strain, headaches etc.
Pros
The Federal government paid our healthcare costs/The long term friendships I developed
Cons
all of the above
Would not work there again
Box Mover (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIJuly 25, 2018
Even though you could wear pretty much any thing you wanted to, which was great. The management and or lack of leaves you to wonder why choose there to work. Loved that they had very strict security policies and procedures in place for the confidentiality of any and all clients paperwork that went through there. Never knew when you were gong to get off of or start the day.
Pros
Security for clients
Cons
chain of command
Pretty okay
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIJanuary 25, 2018
I overall enjoyed working with Data Dimensions in Janesville. My managers were all really nice and supportive, and my coworkers for the most part were courteous and polite. We got to listen to our own personal music devices (Which I thoroughly enjoyed) and as long as we kept it to a minimum, we could chat among ourselves. The only downside I could say is that our workload was either a feast or famine situation; either we had an almost overwhelming amount of work, or we had very little work. We were rarely sent home early (which is a plus) so we either worked 8 hour days or 10 hour days. I think it was worth working there for the benefits.
Pros
Insurance, 401K, and the management
Cons
Sometimes it got too slow or relaxed
Clean working environment
Document Processor (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IASeptember 8, 2018
Data Dimensions started out as a fun place to work -- and the pay was descent. Then they switched to piece rate and I feel it hurt employees I enjoyed the people I worked with and worked all the overtime I cioiuld
Pros
Clean, excellent benefits
Cons
Some of the policies
Simply cannot recommend working here
HQ - IT (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIDecember 16, 2017
There really isn't a positive culture to speak of, other than the one brought into the workspace by the individuals themselves. Honestly, the people I worked with were awesome! The people I worked FOR...not so much...

A lot of great people work their tails off there. Many were veterans or had a connection to a veteran, and were really dedicated to their job because it made an impact on so many veteran's lives. Some people work 50 and 60 hour weeks on a fairly regular basis. Weekends are a part of that, too, which is very tough if you have a family.

I don't have one redeeming quality I can point out about the management, though.

The thing is...no matter how good you are at your job, there is always the possibility of being part of another round of abrupt, random layoffs. Implied instability pervades your day, and it's unsettling. It looms over your head constantly.

Seriously, if you are thinking about working here, just keep up your job search.
Pros
The people you work WITH
Cons
The people you work FOR
money
Data Entry Operator (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIMay 1, 2018
Ive been there a long time. We get paid by piece rate. We are working so much overtime. We have new rates(which are to low) and I cant live off that. We don't get raises. For me, its just time for a change.
Had high school drama
Data Processor (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IAAugust 18, 2018
Didn’t mind the job just wish adults acted like adults had great benefits had insurance for myself and family didn’t seem very happy was always quiet did enjoy the stretches
Pros
Health care dental vision
Cons
High school drama
Not all it's cracked up to be
Data Capture Operator (Homeworker) (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIMarch 4, 2018
The people you work WITH are great! Friendly, knowledgeable, supportive, and cooperative. Those you work FOR is another story. There isn't allowed any 'work-life balance'. You have to choose your job before you family and home responsibilities. They have no compassion, and are very inconsistent. The pay isn't worth the HEAVY stress, inconsistencies, consistent system & job duty issues, etc. What's interesting is Homeworkers make less per hour then if you worked in the office. Like Homeworkers need the money any less because they work from home. Mandatory OT while the system still freezes & glitches.
Pros
Coworkers, ability to TRY to get your required hours in 24 hours
Cons
Inconsistencies, ever changing performance requirements, constant system glitches, don't care about your need for work-life balance, pay isn't worth the stress, etc.
Communication can make or break the employer/employee link.
SCA IFI Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Mount Sterling, KY 40353July 7, 2018
Data Dimensions lets each pilot facility supervisor pretty much run the show at each facility. This is a marvel ideal if you have an experienced supervisor and there is adequate communication between the facilities (such as the mother facility and all the smaller pilots). The problem arises when there is a lack of communication, and an inexperienced supervisor (especially if their are no trainers, or HR staff around to help guide them).
Pros
You can take your lunch when you need to, and you do not work on Sundays!
Cons
You can only leave your desk to go to the bathroom outside of your lunch twice, which are your 10 min breaks.
It's a job
DP1 (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIJuly 25, 2018
The atmosphere is very oppressive due to poor management/leadership. If you are just looking for work this will do fine. Don't expect much other than that.
Pros
its a job
Cons
hours, pay, atmosphere, bad team coaches