Data Dimensions Employee Reviews

Wasted 3 yrs working full time for this dead end and over all shady employer
scanner operations (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IAMarch 18, 2019
Did va scanning.Made less when I was let go after 3 yrs then when I started. Drama was an everyday jr high type feeling. Always had someone crying on a daily basis .favorites and cheaters are allowed .No one smiles. If u do smile and say hello to a co
worker u get frowned upon. Public shaming is common. No privacy. Micro managed. There was no real way to tell if the company was ripping u off on piece pay. Mistakes would always b a counseling right up with no actual proof of the mistake. Oh and u only get 6 total mistakes that never reset. If u plan on working there for yrs, you either have to b related to uppers or more than likey be a female. When starting, was lied to about multiple things. Was told 50 hr weeks, but was told no weekends . We did multiple weekends . Was told hrs could be flexible and made up which was a lie. Had 5 bosses fired or leave within my 3 yrs time. Goals got to be impossible. There was never any appreciation for being the best rate ever in the project. As far as appreciation, the company doesnt care if u die driving in a storm. Or better yet, we had a tornado touch down close to the outskirts of our town. Managers were supposed to have us take cover. However they claimed the national weather service amber alerts were wrong n just made us work. Constantly had hr and managers running people in circles regarding everything . The company will do shady things as long as its "legal"
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Not a career. Jobs are based on govt contract and va shut downs did happen with no pay.
More hassle than good
Centralized Mail Processor (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIMarch 7, 2019
I spent 5 years at Data Dimensions and was making less by the time I left then when I had first started. It is a piece rate job that has a "broken glass ceiling" for the amount you can earn. However, the standards are often unrealistically high and when a department begins to constantly meet these requirements, Data will raise the minimum requirement to get out of paying too much to their employees. THERE IS ZERO HOME/WORK balance. Often time overtime is called for the day it is need or the day before a Saturday needs to be work. There is no recognition program for the employees. As long as you come to work everyday and pretend to try; then your job is pretty much safe. The current second shift manager; as of 3/7/19; will discuss personal information about another employee to people on the clerical floor. There is no regard to privacy or HIPPA in this company. Upper management is quick to fire someone if they want to ask a question that they do not want asked. The company simply wants someone to keep a seat warm and make their numbers look good for the Veteran's Administration during the renegotiation of the government contract. When in all actually, the entire company is a joke. There is no advancement opportunities; you become the enemy if you have an option or suggestion on anything; there is no respect for the employees; employees are often treated as just a number (which you are assigned upon hiring).

As long as you can go to work; can take a staple out of a piece of paper; never have an opinion; do not mind being degraded; want to make less money every year you are
  more... with the company; and do not have a family... Then this is the job for you.  less
Pros
good benefits
Cons
see above
Worst Job Ever
Document Processor OMPF (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIFebruary 27, 2019
This job was not for me, it was very monotonous and boring. The expectations are high and the people that work there already are very sneaky, don't expect to make a lot of new friends.I had to work 3rd shift and was trying to go to school full time as well and squeeze sleep in, let's just say it did not work out well.
It was work
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIFebruary 13, 2019
It's work.

You spend all day/night typing and listening too music. It was not bad except that some employees were really rude, and favoritism was at play.
Great pay!
Document Processor (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIFebruary 4, 2019
Pay is based off pages per hour. You also have the option to listen to your MP3 player.............. but there are some downfalls with the workers in that company. I would suggest headphones in at all times.
Pros
Piece rate
Cons
Improper protocol procedures
no real work life balance
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIJanuary 3, 2019
Best part is that you know your making a difference in the clients life.

Supervisors have favortism within their groups, it can make it an uncomfortable place to work.
Cons
no raises
Did not like
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIDecember 25, 2018
Some days hours were cut because there wasn't any work to do. Some days they made you work overtime. A lot of times you didn't know what hours you were working till you were at work. Management talked badly to employees about other employees.
Stressful - Numbers driven
De Prep (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIDecember 17, 2018
Employees are not treated well. Focus is on numbers not people. Push employees to do more and fire proven, tenured employees for not reaching new goals. Very stressful. Mandatory overtime interferes with family life.
too many hours not enough money
Data Entry Home Operator (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WINovember 12, 2018
I got to set my own schedule, which was great. I chose to get up at 2:30 a.m. to make sure I got my 4 hours of data entry work done before my kids got up and ready for school. Most of the time extra mandatory 1-2 hours were added the night before or that same day of work. It was this way for most of my almost 10 years of working there. We worked extra hours and weekends, mandatory. Never received overtime or compensation for all the extra hours. They would tell us they would hire more people to cut down on the extra hours, but either they didn't, or the people didn't stay because they had to work a bunch of extra too. They say it's flexible but they make it very difficult when they force extra hours.
Have to live for the company
Online processor (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IANovember 8, 2018
Hours change depending on work que. One day might be mandatory 12 hours with little the no notice, next day might be sent home early. Your first year you get no paid time off. They do offer non- paid days but they have to be approved in advance and if anyone else is off it gets denied. Paid holidays are dependent on workload. Points system for calling in sick or leaving early is ridiculous. Two points even if you need to take a half day and doctors excuses get you no where. The insurance is so expensive you can’t afford to cover your family. No raises. Ever. People there for 4 years make the same as trainees.
Pros
Easy work, some decent co-workers
Cons
No breaks, sitting all day long, they don’t care about work life balance
Horrible Management and NO prospect for future.
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Mount Sterling, KYNovember 6, 2018
-Horrible management
-no future prospects
-no raises
-bad work culture
i would not recommend this job to anyone not even my unemployed friends and family.
Pros
good hours, pay, and benefits
Cons
management if you can call it that, future prospects, raises
Was told that I was not paid to think by my Supervisor.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IANovember 3, 2018
Never put yourself out on a limb concerning your beliefs or ideology. Do not attempt to better yourself without specific guidelines or permission. Expect lots of overtime. Do not trust the upper-management. Good benefits and higher than average pay.
Pros
Above average pay and benefits.
Cons
Lose your self-esteem and realize you have sold your soul as an individual.
Unhappy place
Document Processor (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIOctober 29, 2018
This place is truly the worst to work at. Management is awful, HR is useless, and you never will get a raise...I fact you more than likely will experience pay cuts.
Quiet but fast pace
Document Processor (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIOctober 27, 2018
Most people listen to some sort of mp3 player, so long as there is no digital screen or camera on the device as these are not permitted in the processing room. Papers that management required you to sign could never leave the room and you were not allowed a copy of what you signed for your own records. Overtime was mandated, often working Saturdays and some Sundays, making it difficult to balance work and home life.
Pros
Quiet Work Setting
Cons
Mandated Overtime
I would never work here again
Data Capture Operator (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIOctober 24, 2018
My typical day consisted of badging in and sitting at a buffet table with numerous other people smashed in together. We would type records from the VA all day. More times than not, we would be notified 10 minutes (sometimes less) before the end of our shift that they were requiring overtime. There was no consideration for people who were in school and had class, or parents who had their kids at day care. If you did not stay, they would fire you.

The chairs were not adjustable and neither was the computer equipment. We were literally stuck in one position for 8-12 hours a day. They refused to let anyone come in and help with ergonomics. We couldn't have windows due to confidentiality and the lighting above our buffet tables was very limited, leading to eye strain, headaches etc.
Pros
The Federal government paid our healthcare costs/The long term friendships I developed
Cons
all of the above
Basic
MEDIA PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIOctober 22, 2018
Nice job need more fexible with points though. Maybe lil late in winter during bad weather but always came uet released for points. It was a good job. Nice people.
Pros
Potlucks
Cons
Points
Data Dimensions likes to play favorites, big time.
former doc. proc. (Former Employee) –  IowaSeptember 24, 2018
Management is all over the place and get involved in the drama going around the company. Managers tell their employee's personal business to others if they call in a personal day. HR likes to lie about policies and get mad when you read the handbook and ask questions.
Pros
money
Cons
everything else
Part time work still provided health insurance
Claims Processor/Clerical Aide, Part-Time (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IASeptember 20, 2018
This was a part-time job, but they still provided health insurance. It was a fun place to work. However, they demanded their employees to work faster and faster as the years went on. I was laid off due to a contract modification.
Pros
fun place to work; great co workers
Cons
had to work faster and faster
Unfavorable workplace
Data Indexer/Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WiSeptember 10, 2018
Data Dimensions is not a favorable place to work. They claim to be for the veterans, but in reality they care more about the bottom line than they do about helping the veterans.

The work process is horribly inefficient, and often the majority of the workload is placed on the Quality Assurance department. Many employees are grossly underpaid and there is no piece rate for departments that require higher amounts of knowledge/skill.

The management is laughable - many supervisors aren't fully knowledgeable about the departments they are put in charge of, and they often play favorites with employees. Write-ups come from practically nowhere, especially for the Quality Assurance department on Second Shift. Multiple times employees have been fired for being out of the production area too much, when they were simply leaving to use the bathroom. The Quality Assurance department are held to a much tighter window of time allowed out of the production area than any other department, and are left to their own devices more than any other department as well.

The Quality Assurance department is held to a high production rate, and a near 100% quality level, which simply isn't possible given the thousands of documents they process on a daily basis.
Pros
Good pay (for some departments)
Cons
Short Breaks, no bathrooms in the production area, long hours, poor management, inefficient, horrible HR
Clean working environment
Document Processor (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IASeptember 8, 2018
Data Dimensions started out as a fun place to work -- and the pay was descent. Then they switched to piece rate and I feel it hurt employees I enjoyed the people I worked with and worked all the overtime I cioiuld
Pros
Clean, excellent benefits
Cons
Some of the policies