Data Recognition Corporation (DRC) Employee Reviews

No support from higher command
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNSeptember 14, 2018
Not honest, no room to grow. Management promises advanments with task requirements but never promotes after completing requirements. When asking for assistance leads bounce around with no one helping.
Interesting job for three-weeks, part time.
Test Scorer (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MNJune 25, 2018
The teaching of the "rubric" by which we were to grade essays was a bit difficult - it was not a defined, clear-cut set of rules but rather something one had to take in somewhat intuitively and internalize. Once you had "it", work proceeded quite well.

The break room was nice. There were reading materials. Coffee, tea, and hot chocolate and ice for beverages was available. There were refrigerators and microwaves available, also.
Pros
Knowledgeable supervisory staff.
Cons
Short breaks. Had to concentrate while others discussed problems.
Positive, Outstanding and relaxed environment
Test Scorer (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNJune 14, 2018
Productive and fun workplace. Work culture was very positive and genuine diversity displayed. Word environment was healthy, non-stressful and spot on with constructive interaction.
Pros
coffee and tea was provided for breaks.
Cons
contract time did not last as long as desired.
It's a nice place to work. I wish it were permanent.
Test Scorer (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAMay 28, 2018
DRC has a seasonal test scorer opportunity. In this role, an individual will review and grade student papers based on pre-established criteria. The work can get boring and monotonous, especially when the papers fall between scoring categories. Employees are also expected to keep their phones and other devices off while working, which can be troublesome at times. On the other hand, The management is supportive, and they will do what they can to make sure that you grade consistently and fairly so long as you reach out to them when you are stuck. The training pay is also the same as the production pay, which is also nice. Your contemporaries can be pretty neat too. I've met quite a few interesting and friendly people working here.
Pros
A little free food, and the management is helpful.
Cons
Can be boring
Typical Archaic Terribly ran company
Test Scorer (Former Employee) –  King of PrussiaApril 11, 2018
Does not give out W-2 will over work you and wants you to claim them stuck in the Fight Club mentality wont train slave drivers basically....Stuck in someones brand wants folks to think she is christian so picks on the larger churches doesn't know whom she is and wants folks to be wings of inspiration
Great spring or winter position
Test Grader (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 4, 2018
A lot of reading with breaks and slower periods mixed in to break up the day. Good atmosphere and management. Tidy building and organized business. It was a fun experience.
Stressful and sad
Test Grader (Former Employee) –  Sharonville, OHApril 2, 2018
The nature/location of this position was not desirable for it is repetitive and slow-paced. I did not find the atmosphere very inspiring or encouraging.
4 year degree for $12 hr
Test Scorer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 31, 2018
This company is only offering $12 to $14 an hour for a individual that needs to have a 4 year degree to work here. Are you kidding me. And the job is not even full ti,e its temporary and part time.
Test scorer
Test Scorer (Former Employee) –  Sharonville, OHMarch 27, 2018
They are very picky in who they bring back the next year. They made it seem like I got none of the scoring correct. Like everything I scored was wrong
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Scoring on the pre test correct before moving on to the next assignment.
Refuses to give employee feedback
Reader (Former Employee) –  Sharonville, OHMarch 6, 2018
I did a great job. But I have a disability that makes it difficult to read situations. After informing DRC of this fact, I was let go despite being their most accurate and productive employee.
Great company to work for
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAFebruary 2, 2018
I enjoyed my time at DRC as a Team Leader/ Supervisor. I had a great Project Leader and awsome co - workers. The only negative is that the employment is temporary and contract time is very short. I would have loved to stay on longer with DRC. Great job to pick up for extra cash when they are hiring again for testing. The pay is pretty good and fair. Decent breaks with free coffee. Be prepared to sit a lot and do a lot of reading. It can get a little overwhelming but for the wages it was pretty fair. Plus it’s a very comfortable, low stress environment.
Pros
Free coffee, lunch break, fair wage, great staff
Cons
Not really a con but Short contracts/ temporary
Good temp position
Grader (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PASeptember 27, 2017
Coworkers and managers were nice people. Made decent money while performing very simple work. It was a bit repetitive so it got boring quickly, but other than that it was great
Very disappointing organization
Associate Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 7, 2017
This organization is poorly managed. It was a disappointing experience to work with DRC. They do not care for any employees unless those employees work in Minnesota. They are a short-sighted organization that does not understand what it takes to grow their business and will only ever understand limited success.
Great work- when it comes
Passage Writer (Current Employee) –  RemoteJuly 5, 2017
I accepted a contract writing position with DRC and almost immediately had 2 back-to-back assignments, then nothing. Communication was great until I turned in my second assignment, which I didn't even find out was accepted until the pay voucher guy emailed me my voucher. I have emailed my "supervisor" several times with no answer in almost two months.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Seems to be no more work, no communication
Minimal Opportunities
Test Scorer (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJune 15, 2017
The supervisors was very supportive and provided a comfortable work environment. Unfortunately, The Human Resources Department is unprofessional and provided misinformation related to payment distribution. I wouldn't recommend working for this company.
Pros
Supportive Supervisors
Cons
Unprofessional HR Staff
The facility provided everything needed by employees, including simple comforts
Ohio and Louisiana State Test Reader and Scorer (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GADecember 12, 2016
The DRC is a respectful business place that took projects seriously and recruited only capable employees. In compensation for the work contributed by their employees, the DRC provided the comfortable working environments and appropriate tools necessary for completing tasks efficiently and effectively. The company and my overall employment with them proved to be both a successful and enjoyable experience contributed to by a productive and wholesome atmosphere.
Pros
Comfortable work environment, enjoyable people, meaningful work
Cons
Lunch time felt too rushed, but that's ALL!
Okay, but constantly discussed them being an at will employer.
Educational Test Reader (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNAugust 7, 2016
Too, too many managers/superiors. Human Resources not very well versed in customer service. Not a company I would recommend.
Pros
Free hot chocolate and tea
Cons
Approval process for being absent was cumbersome.
Great Company!
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMay 25, 2016
I was only working here for about 3 months because it was a temporary job. They paid great and had reasonable work hours. All the people there were very friendly and the work environment was peaceful.
Bad
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNApril 12, 2016
They hire a bunch of seasonal workers. They didn't call me in for a week and then the next week said they wanted me to come back but I already was working a new job.

THe jobs there are just picking/packing, some forklift work if you get it. Really not much dignity in this kind of work. and there are no drug tests so the people you work with suck
Productive and nice people
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNSeptember 9, 2014
On a typical day, I would look at my schedule on what project I have to do. After that, I would look for job ticket, fill out the paper work, and talk to my teamates. From there on, we carry out the project. Things I learned were how to troubleshoot inject machines, print labels, scan booklets, and edit answer documents. I used to manage a group of 5 people to get the projects done. My co-workers were super friendly and caring. I made many close friends. The hardest part of my job was palletizing heavy boxes. The most enjoyable part of the job was printing books, running the machines, sealing packages, and flipping books.
Pros
Seeing friends, Good Management, 401K, Clean Environment
Cons
Long hours, Seasonal Work, No Insurance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Data Recognition Corporation (DRC). Our community is ready to answer.