Data Solutions & Technology Employee Reviews

very good company
IT SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDApril 23, 2018
I think they are an outstanding Company. I feel that It is one of the top two companies that I have ever worked for and I have indeed worked for a number of companies. They cared for their people
Best company I ever worked for.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDMarch 13, 2017
This was the best company I ever worked for in my opinion. I would recommend this company to many of my friends.Even after I was let go of because of administrative paperwork that was not cleared up until afterward they still reached out and tried to help me.
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
No Cons Great Company
Run full speed in the opposite direction
Travel Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCOctober 21, 2016
Worst company and contractor that I have ever worked for. The leadership sucks all the way up to corporate. The pat and PTO stays jacked up no one ever has answers for anything. If you want a company that has payroll clerks with 0 knowledge then this is the perfect company for you to work for. They will mess up your taxes for months and ignore you when you inform them and then try to fix them by taking lump sums of money out of your paycheck without forewarning you.
Pros
That they lost their contract
Good leadership
Supply Tech (SSM) (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NC 28310July 7, 2016
My section run very well. Close knit personnel that works well together no matter what is needed. Team work, Always! I worked to earn their respect by assist in preform tasks and listening to the employees ideas and suggestion. Ensure a healthy work place.
Pros
Support the Mission and Soldiers
Cons
Thankless, sometimes
Good teamwork among my cowokers.
Forklift Operator Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCMarch 30, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job is the friendships I have developed. The life experiences we share as well as the team building techniques we have created to accomplish a mission.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
I work the third shift, which is the overnight shift.
Productive and Exciting Workplace
Logistics Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCMarch 2, 2016
Great company to work for. The management strives hard to make you feel that you are a valuable part of the team. Management is a vital part of making sure that the employees are involved.
Pros
Healthcare
Lesson Learned
warehouse (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCFebruary 17, 2016
Pay has been messed up for 10 months, and never getting vacation time credited.. no opportunity for advancement. This company doesn't care about its employees. Leadership has been notified time after time regarding no one receiving vacation, nothing has been done in over a year.
Fun working environment and productive employees
Supply Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hinesville, GADecember 28, 2015
Outstanding work environment, Management are very understanding and down to earth. They are willing to work with you with any situation. No one person is more valuable then the next.
A fun place to work
TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Prince Georges County - OIT, Largo, MDOctober 13, 2015
These employers takes care of their employees, with comfortable working environment.
Annual picnic outing with a lot of fun.
Pros
Observe almost all government holidays
Cons
Weekend assignment
Worst Company I Have Ever Worked For
Management on DST contract (Current Employee) –  Washington D.C. areaJuly 9, 2015
Working for DST is the worst mistake I have ever made in my career. I left a stable position for the lure of higher pay, and lies of advancement opportunities at DST. Yes, the money is fantastic, but that because it is a contract position, they have no say in how individuals get paid. The benefits from the corporate office aren't horrible, but they are far from great, or even good. The culture at the corporate office is the most toxic environment I have ever seen. People are fired, or if they're lucky they find other employment and leave, in waves every month. The owner of the company treats people as if they are nothing but dirt. Contract managers do nothing to support the contract employees, and when they finally do show up, all they do is spew the same hate-filled talking points, including threatening job security, that the owner of the company does.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Poor management, toxic work environment
Equipment Set Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ft Carson ColoradoJanuary 25, 2015
Was a good paying job with good benefits but it was a contract job so it was not guaranteed the government could end the job at any time
Pros
Good Pay Good Benefits
Cons
Contract job
Questionable stability and Management Tactics
Sr. Level Professional (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDJanuary 13, 2015
The company has a track record of high turnover year over year in various groups. Top Level Management tactics are questionable and practices lean toward unprofessional.
Very friendly and stable work invironment.
Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCNovember 3, 2014
Working with DST has been very rewarding and challeging. Very friendly and honest company. Great co workers and uppper management.
Great company to work for!
Transportation Counselor (Current Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GASeptember 3, 2014
I like working for this company. I would like to have more time off. It's a pleasant place to work. The workload gets heavy during peak season and can be a bit of a challenge but it's enjoyable.
Pros
Salary laid back atmosphere
Cons
Very little time off.
Workplace Bullying at the highest level
DEPRESSED EMPLOYEE (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDMay 14, 2014
Working at DST, specifically at the corporate office in Lanham, MD affords one the highest forms of workplace bullying. The owner deliberately seeks to intimidate everyone with her constant tirades and undercover threats of being fired, thereby creating an atmosphere where most are suffering from health issues caused by STRESS! It's a kettle waiting to explode as folks are walking around on egg shells, not knowing when the next tirade from the owner is going to occur. What's worse is that everyone is tired of being talked to and treated like children, but no one dares to say anything for fear of loosing their jobs....the employees are constantlly reminded that DST pays them every 10th and 25th; the work hours are not standard 8 - 5 office hours, folks are there up until 1 am in the mornings with not even a mere "thank you" ----- its an awful place! Such a sad, environment where the emphasis is only about on person and one brand - DST. There are several words to describe such a place, but the best word is just pure, plain, EVILNESS.
Pros
location to DC and VA
Cons
employee morale is extremely low; no executive level support for employees
Customer service is what we provide on a daily basis!
Personal Property Shipping Office (PPSO) Lead (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCSeptember 8, 2013
The most enjoyable part of my day is helping a service member get moved in a timely manner. The hardest part of my job is making sure everything is covered with the right personnel. I make a detailed schedule so all my employees can cover multiple briefs, cover the front desk during lunch, and still have our computer lab ran efficiently; however, we do not live in a perfect world and I have to deal with employee issues such as tardiness, kids and employees that are sick, and other types of emergencies. This then causes my wonderfully, planned out schedule to be changed at a moments notice, just about everyday of the week! Challenging - yes, but also rewarding in the end.
Pros
There's never a boring day because our office is constantly busy and this makes the day go by fast!
Cons
Never enough trained employees so we are always behind the power curve.
They jump started my career
Contract Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 25, 2013
In 2009, I was out of college and they took a chance on me and offered me a position as a contract specialist with a government client. Due to them taking a chance on me with my lack of experience, I am in a great position with substantial experience.
Pros
They look out for others
Great company values
Business Development Support Analysts (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDAugust 14, 2012
President & CEO a phenomenal person and motivator
Work environment is tense due to extreme deadline
Staff is supportive of overall company objectives
no job security or upward mobilty