Datacomm Networks

Datacomm Networks Employee Reviews

Sitting home now for 3 weeks (COVID 19 lockdown period) I am reflecting on my past. I worked for DataComm Networks almost 5 years. It's a young, fun and energetic group. Great memories of team building events and parties (the best). Job was challenging and enjoyable. Loved the software(s) that I worked with. Company is always on top of new technologies. Definitely performance driven company (as it should be). I had close contact with the owners and top manager - truly enjoyed working with them and for them.
DataComm Networks Inc. is a great company to work for. Team-building activities and company outings pair with a wonderful work environment in the office.
I enjoy coming to DataComm each day. This is a family run and family oriented company. The customers make the hard work worth it. -
Pros
Free Lunches, Company Outings, Company Christmas Party
Good working conditions, good people to work with and for. good benefits. Owners would help with personal troubles if needed. All departments worked together well.
This is a small family owned company. I keep in touch with many people who still work there, or have left since I left. I was hired as an experimental department. There was no job description, they made it up and changed it as we went, I was the top producer. The owners hired a person to run the sales department who had no experience with sales (he was fired soon after I left). I learned a lot from this position. I learned I like organization, I don't mind change, but have a purpose and when it isn't working, change it again. I learned that when your top producer is producing, introduce suggestions, but don't tell them what they are doing isn't working, and don't berate them. The hardest part of this job was working for a boss who was not encouraging, micromanaged and had no clue what they were doing. The most enjoyable part of this position was the hunting for new business and the other employees I worked with.
Pros
The tasks I did on a day to day basis and the hunt and kill
Cons
The owners and management's hindrance
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
The senior management lacks business experience to grow the company in the right direction. The work culture and attitudes don't help either. The people who work here are great, but are spread very thin.
Pros
Free Lunches once a week
Cons
No work life balance
  1. Employee Reviews