DataFile Technologies Employee Reviews

Productive, with beneficial services
E-filer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 9, 2018
The services offered are great, but management and constant IT issues are a pain. Emails are often not returned, and communication is lacking. The benefits are improving there, so they are trying to get better.
Pros
Shifts available
Cons
When there are IT issues, or no work, then there is no money.
AWESOME place to work!
Remote E-file Representative (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 6, 2018
I have been working here for over 2 years and I LOVE it. It is the BEST company I have worked for.
I work from home as a full time remote e-filer. The pay is competitive and the benefits are great!
I love that this company lets us work from home. It cuts down on expenses, so that makes the pay even better.
Most employees are helpful and positive.
You must be a driven and dependable person. The clinics are counting on you to get your work done.
I am so glad I found this job and hope to be here for a very long time!
Pros
Work from home, helpful people
Cons
None.
DFT is a GREAT Place To Work!
E-Filing Representative-Remote (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 10, 2018
I am a current employee, who works from home, and it is awesome opportunity for the right person.

You MUST be a self starter and disciplined. If you are, the amount of income potential is unlimited. The pay and benefits are fair; however, you as a remote employee, are in charge. It is really up to the person how much they want to earn. There is plenty of work to do each day and the chance to take on more is up to the individual employee.

The company is very active with their employees and families. There are several functions throughout the year to include remote and in-house employees.

The management listens to the employee and makes you feel valued. DFT is all about employee retention. Management is fair and honest. There are many opportunities for advancement.

DFT is an amazing company to work for and I believe I am an integral part of the team and company. I am so lucky to have found DataFile Technologies would recommend applying to anyone without any hesitation, as a matter of fact, I have!
Pros
Work from Home, Pay - Benefits, Valued and Current Employee
Bait and Switch!
E-Filing Representative (Current Employee) –  RemoteApril 25, 2018
Current E-Filing Representative working remotely. Was promised an income potential range of $15-23 per hour during interview and training process. I have worked for the company for almost six months months, on the same assignment since the first day and have not been taken off their hourly training rate ($14) due to a lack of follow through on financial research and written promises made by senior management. After meetings and countless emails, harsh internal reviews submitted of management, phone calls, you name it, they eventually just stopped replying. Senior management has forcibly taken five months to come up with an alternative pay structure and client rating for an assignment that does not calculate as reasonable income by their current system. After five months, a job offer was finally provided for minimum wage and a per document rating that is unqualified by their own literature. This provides an income potential that is guaranteed to be lower than even their training rate. The job offer was then retracted one day later without explanation or any information regarding its replacement.
Pros
Friendly lower management/coordinator staff.
Cons
bait and switch, no accountability from senior management.
Fun place to work while still able to complete the job accurately and in a timely matter.
Harvester (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 17, 2018
We submitted medical reports that were requested by transferring patients and disability claims. It was primarily data entry. We were able to listed to headphones while working, It was a fun place to work and we had a lot of company team building exercised to bring the team together and work in a friendly environment.
Lacking professionalism and business acumen
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 6, 2018
I would not recommend this business to someone I know. There is a high turnover rate because expectations are not clearly outlined for employees and leadership does not work like a team.
DFT means well, however their management isnt the greatest
ROI Account Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 4, 2018
Plus side: DataFile has a some what friendly atmosphere, they strive to be a fun work place and they will work with you. Downside: There's not a good line of communication between you and your supervisor and what you should be doing.
Pros
Can work from home
Cons
Training is too short
Not my cup of tea
Release of Information (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 29, 2018
I did not at all enjoy the work environment at DFT. Some of the people were great while others were miserable. Unfortunately, I was more so surrounded by miserable. Probably depends on where you're working as to whether or not you find yourself happy there.
Productive, Great Management
Contact Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 29, 2018
Datafile Technologies is a great place to work at. Everyone is friendly and helpful. Management is great and they truly care for the the employees. The office is a great location.
Pros
Pay, breaks
Cons
Great place for those seeking career advancement and fun
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 23, 2018
Datafile is a growing company and there are always new jobs being created. This is awesome for those of us who want to advance. There are some really great people working here and we laugh each and every day. There are events and celebrations on a regular basis.
Pros
Fun environment, opportunity for advancement
Cons
Desk job with lots of sitting
A great place to work, lots of opportunity for advancement
Release of Information (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 23, 2018
DataFile is a company that is a lot like a family; they promote from within and there is a lot of opportunity for advancement. I've been with this company as it has grown and am excited for what the future holds.
A Real Community
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 22, 2018
I have never worked for an organization that prided itself on letting employees own their careers - and DataFile truly does that and more. Leadership instills a sense of career growth and ownership over employees' work and time. Employees are provided ample PTO and, more importantly, are encouraged to take time off. The company has a real sense of how to motivate its workforce.
This place is great!
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 21, 2018
I came in knowing nothing about health care. I met some great people who were willing to sit down and help me understand what I was doing. I love the smaller company vibe, you really do get the opportunity to own your own career here.
Pros
Great benefits, kind and helpful coworkers
Accounting (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 20, 2018
DataFile is an amazing place to work because the people who are there genuinely care for one another. Drama is kept to a minimum. Each department has an equally important role in meeting DataFile’s goals.

The CEO, Janine Akers, has built this company to be a major force in the industry. She shows each employee respect, kindness and gratitude. I admire her vision and implementation of her goals.

Employees are treated to a lavish Christmas party, Spirit Week, and Ice Cream Fridays during the summer, just to name a few events. Our calendar is filled with lots of fun activities.

There is plenty of work to do each day. The company continues to grow at an amazing rate. I love going to work each day!

I would recommend applying at DataFile without hesitation.
Pros
Happy atmosphere
Cons
Half hour lunch break
Fun Place to Work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 19, 2018
DataFile is a great place to work! The culture here is my favorite thing about the company. Great people = not dreading coming to work in the morning!
Pros
It is a perfect time to be here!
Controller (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 15, 2018
If you like to be challenged and be in the drivers seat of your career path, then DFT is the place for you. Our company's expected growth will allow our employees to part of an exciting time in our company's history!

Our leadership team works hard to make our employees our #1 priority through training, incentives and being a great place to work!

I enjoy coming to work everyday and working with my fellow directors that are committed to process improvement, collaboration and cross department teamwork. It's refreshing to work with a leadership team that is so committed to making things better.
Pros
Great culture, committed employees, flexibility, leadership
Cons
As expected, fast growth can cause growing pains but this type of pain is welcomed
Learning every day!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 15, 2018
I love my job. I learn new things every day. The culture, the employee focus, the opportunity all shine through the Leadership. People are interested in your thoughts, want to help you when they can, I never feel I have a stupid question. The growth of this company is exciting and I look forward to the ride.
Pros
Positive and encouraging culture. opportunity to learn and grow
Cons
With great growth, there are learning bumps, however leadership is working very hard to ensure these are smoothed out quickly.
You can be paid better elsewhere...
Remote (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 12, 2017
Not a good company to work for if you need a real, reliable paycheck. There is a big discrepancy in what remote employees are told they will get paid, and what they are actually paid. There are no exceptions made depending on degrees and/or experience. Pay rates gets cut as well, when it was already bare bones. Hardly any benefits for remote employees. The company is extremely disorganized.
Pros
Nice office parties for on site people
Cons
Terrible pay for the requirements they want met in an employee, as well as for the type of work you're doing. Miscommunication, confusion, deceit, false representation
Fun and Fresh , Relaxed Environment
E-filing Represenative/Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Riverside, MOMay 23, 2017
I have been working here since 2015, working from home is awesome. Recently took a major pay cut because they changed clinic rates, I've had to get a 2nd job to make ends meet. Not so happy with that. Working in office had its perk the people can either make or break your experience.
Pros
Excellent benefits, Casual Dress, Always room for advancement, they love promoting from within.
Cons
Rates are way too low to make a decent check., We used to work less hours and still make great pay, Lately Ive had to 40 hours to make what I used to make at 25 hours.
Run as fast as you can
E-Filing Rep (Former Employee) –  KCMOMarch 30, 2017
They don't care about their employees, they are a dime a dozen. Constantly new people training because the turn over is so high because management is terrible and you are promised all kinds of things in the beginning that doesn't actually ever pan out! I would run as fast as I can from this company. Money hungry!! Pay employees cents compared to what they are raking in!
Pros
relaxed atmosphere in the office
Cons
watched like a hawk, at home pay sucks, micro managed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DataFile Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.

DataFile Technologies Reviews by Location