Datto Employee Reviews

Intern (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTDecember 7, 2018
The environment was great. There was room for advancement if you were chosen to work full time. The schedule was flexible and the culture was not stressful at all.
Pros
Coffee
Cons
There are no cons
Constant Change
Sr Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 30, 2018
Datto is a fast paced place to work with a unique culture. There is good leadership in some areas and other areas it is very much lacking. Ever changing strategies. Since the acquisition, the company has changed a lot so I cannot comment on current state.
Sales Quotas are not realistic
Sr. Account Executive (Current Employee) –  RemoteOctober 16, 2018
Good old boys club keeps the company from making territories split properly. Quotas are the same in all territories regardless of buying cycles in various territories and number of accounts. Very difficult if not impossible to make quota.
Pros
autonomy, strong product, good management
Cons
never make your upside
Great rising company in the MSP space
Channel Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 9, 2018
Great company to work for. Culture is great free lunch Fridays are always a plus.
The benefits for this company make you feel like you're working for a startup but with the money of a large corporation.
Fun culture for hard working individuals
Account Services and System Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTApril 2, 2018
Fast paced with very limited systematic support. Everything was a manual process so they try to feed you often and provide games on every floor. Lots of charity events and sports teams to join!
Exemplary place to work and grow
Level 2 Technical Support Expert (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTFebruary 27, 2018
My time at Datto has been the most rewarding experience professionally and interpersonally. It is filled with wonderful people and perpetuates a culture of open communication across all departments and roles.

While the work itself was demanding and would often call upon intense critical thinking in time-restricted scenarios, I felt that all of the knowledge I obtained to perform my roles and beyond is more than rewarding.

In my time there my career had enabled me to achieve the following:

I have produced an extensive series of internal video lessons explaining ZFS on a conceptual and practical level to be utilized by the entire Support department.

I have written multiple BASH scripts to assist in streamlining the Level 1 Technical Support process.

I have developed a disaster recovery plan for a potential enterprise-level partner that circumvents a major shortcoming in the Bare Metal Restoration process for protected Linux systems that leverage Logical Volume Management. This involved creating a white paper specific to the partner's needs for a plan as well as an internal document detailing preparation and execution for my Code Red Support team and ultimately sparking motivation with product ownership to begin mapping out the process programmatically for the BMR process.

I am the current Linux Subject Matter Expert for the Support team and currently working with the VPS team to improve my knowledge on virtual products and eventually assist with the dissemination of that knowledge department-wide.
Pros
Stock options, free lunch Friday, frequent recreational events, great opportunity for growth and advancement
Cons
Can be stressful at times
Fun laid back place to work
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJanuary 24, 2018
Really different I.T place to work at. Really laid back and the culture is amazing. There is unlimited vacation here. Your co-workers are really open to helping you advance your knowledge and understanding of what we do here. Sometimes I feel that we go a little bit too far into the clients personal responsibilities as in doing their jobs, but it makes for better customer service.
Long Hours, Stress-full Environment
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 29, 2017
Poor Vacation Policy, Long hours, stressful environment. Company lacks direction and has been bought out multiple times in the past 12 months. The workplace does not feel stable.
Very Fast-Paced. Stressful. Pay and benefits are appropriate.
Product Manager - Datto Continuity Products (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 8, 2017
- Sink-or-swim environment
- Highly competitive
- High turnover rate
- Pay and benefits are inline with job demands.
- Culture is phenomenal
- Unlimited PTO
Pros
Unlimited PTO, Culture, Pay
Cons
Stress, Job Security, Advancement Oppurtunities
I had a wonderful time working there as a mechanical engineer intern
Hardware Design Engineer, Co-Op (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 19, 2017
The office was really fun and I never felt put down or discouraged to try new things. It is not a business where mechanical engineers are truly needed
"Datto and Compliance is not compatible"
Sr. Security and Compliance Analyst (FTE) (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTSeptember 26, 2017
That was what I was told repeatedly when I was hired to be their compliance analyst. They only want to be compliant because Amazon is - not do the work actually become compliant. They thought it was just answering an auditor's questionnaire, get the certification stamp so they could sell more product. It was a struggle to do the right thing to implement a sound security and compliance program to ensure compliancy,
Pros
Free lunch on Friday, lots of free snacks. Casual dress code.
Cons
You must go through indoctrination to meld into the borg.
Productive and fun place to work.
Channel Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTSeptember 7, 2017
It is difficult to describe all this because of certain proprietary information that I am not at liberty to disclose. Its a fast growing company and as such, there is always something new and exciting happening.
Pros
Positive environment
Cons
competitive
This office was cool and the company provided nice things for the employees to use.
SOFTWARE ENGINEER INTERN (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 6, 2017
The environment was cool but EXTREMELY stressful. I constantly had feelings that I wasn't good enough because communication was so bad. The hiring process is rather shady, and I've heard that from several people as well as experienced it myself. It is quite unfortunate that they are like this, because it makes me believe that the company and the people working in it are deceitful or selfish. The pay was great, though.
Weak leadership in a frat house environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMay 10, 2017
Leadership team does not seem to have the right experience or enough experience to move the company forward. Good if you're a guy who likes a frat house environment - you'll feel right at home. Don't expect a lot if you are a female who would like a career path.
Pros
Young fresh environment
Cons
Too many egos to make progress
The place everyone wants wants to work.... Until you get there...
Director (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTFebruary 13, 2017
The best worst job I've ever had. They pay well, spoil you rotten, you can play in the ball pit, shoot your colleagues in a never ending nerf war, build a sculpture on the lego wall, even enjoy a nap in one of the sleep pods when your tired out from all the fun.

However, this is a very clique group and youll feel like your back in middle school. The inexperienced management team doesn't take any accountability for their mistakes, employees are expected to work on weekends and holidays with no exceptions when deemed necessary. If you upset the wrong person or if a member of the original team feels threatened by you in any way professionally, you'll be released shortly after regardless of your own job performance..

I wouldn't recommend anyone seekihg a long term role or a life outside of work apply here. Anyone who works or has worked there knows the above to be accurate and true.
Pros
Free lunch, weekly events, unique fun based culture
Cons
Unique culture. Low quality of life. Datto becomes your life, if not, goodbye. Management not accountable
Management is not organized
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 7, 2017
Unorganized, not structured, lack of communication. HR has unethical practices. They have great benefits, but as a whole they lack the appropriate structure needed.
Tech start up with lots of growing pains yet
Technical Support Expert (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 29, 2016
As a member of Datto Technical expert I worked as part of a team to provide support for Datto backup solutions to managed service providers
⦁ Timely response to incoming customer support inquiries via email and phone.
⦁ Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and adherence to partner service level agreements.
⦁ Log all customer contact in the support ticketing system, maintaining complete and accurate information.
⦁ Develop and maintain strong technical and business expertise of Datto products.
⦁ Develop and maintain strong understanding of Datto customer requirements and processes.
⦁ Identify, troubleshoot and resolve issues.
⦁ Work collaboratively with team members to insure timely responses and resolutions to customer problems.
⦁ Work collaboratively with internal partners to manage customer interactions.
Pros
Free health care, free food
Cons
horrible tech support supervisors with no tech experience, terrible work load balance, very unstable work environment.
Company review
Partner Accounts Admin (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTOctober 30, 2016
Great company to work for! There's always room to grow within the company. Datto is always hiring interns, and most of the time the interns are always offered a full time position at the end of their internship.
Pros
Free lunch fridays, arcades
Amazing place to start or continue a career in technology
Technical Trainer (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTAugust 29, 2016
Amazing people, amazing place to work, and cool perks throughout the company. Most people will agree that it's definitely a cool place to work, and you become really close with your team.
Pros
Snacks everywhere, healthcare, the people there
Cons
Customers can be a pain sometimes
Never a dull moment; high growth opportunities.
Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 1, 2016
You have a lot of flexibility but as well as high expectations in getting your work done. Our partners is our primary concern. There's never a day in which you don't learn anything new. Management is down to earth, supportive, and actually cares about your career growth. They are transparent and give you enough incentives to keep you there. Coworkers are easy going and you can get along with just about anyone. Hardest part is that there's not enough hours in a day to complete your projects and you can end up sacrificing your own personal hours to please a partner or two. Then again, that can also be the most rewarding as you genuinely receive recognition for going above and beyond. I'd love to work for this company for a very long time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Datto. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.7InHerSight Score

4.0Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

4.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight