Daugherty Business Solutions Employee Reviews

Poor Management/False Promises
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 8, 2019
The company promised no travel and opportunity for growth. Instead I was traveling from Sunday to Friday every week. The opportunities for growth didn't exist. This is not a consulting company but rather a staff aug firm and they don't care about their employees. People are promoted into management if they stay long enough. Good people don't stay here.
Conveniently Helpful
Principal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 14, 2019
Great company to work for and friendly staff. Gives preference to work life balance with a focus on employee well being and career advancement. Flexible and local travel options is one of the best features of this company.
great place to work
Senior Consultant / Tech Lead (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 17, 2018
It is a great place to work - learn a variety of technologies and exposed to client in a variety of industries. The company culture is great - promoting knowledge sharing.
No comments
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 2, 2018
My assignment with Daughter Business solutions was good, but the assignment I was recruited for was not as good a fit as I had hoped. The role I had was as a subcontractor. The role I had was a duplicate position with the technical project manager position with the RAN team in Schaumburg. When the project appeared to be well underway, the project was moved to Schaumburg.
Sr. Executive Assitant
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 12, 2018
I am currently employed at Daugherty Business Solutions in the Administrative area. Currently I support the Corporate VP of Strategy and his team of executives. My co-workers often say I am the sun-shine in the office and I believe that keeping a positive attitude to work helps with building a network within the corporation. The workplace culture is often stressful but it's satisfying to see the work done on a proposal then turn into a client account and then the final deliverable. From start to finish is a job well done.

The hardest part of the job for me is waiting for someone else to do their job Often times, I can't go further until accounting can set up a code but once that code is set up, then I am on my way and able to assign project codes to my executives direct reports. Then as the weeks go buy I can build a report for my executive to scrutinize and evaluate if the time is correctly being billed.

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing a job from the beginning to the final deliverable. Tracking the time and expenses to see if the original estimate was accurate and was on target.
Great Employer
Program Manager & Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 27, 2018
Daugherty is great place to work. Transparent management and excellent co-workers. The company has a good reputation and that is beneficial at clients.
Pros
Competitive Salary, Great Benefits
Cons
Only career path is through sales
Daugherty is a Dynamic Environment
SENIOR CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILSeptember 18, 2018
Daugherty is a great place for Consultants looking to get off the road and stay more local. They have a lot of large clients around the ST Louis and Chicago areas and really focus on hiring great talent from the Big 5.
Summer Internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 13, 2018
During the summer of 2017, I was lucky enough to have an internship with Daugherty. During my internship I learned a lot from my manager about dealing with clients and employees at the same time. My favorite part of the internship was that they allowed me to sit in on meeting with other teams to get more experience. Also, towards the end of the internship we had a lunch with our CEO to talk about the project we had been working on and thoughts about the company. Daugherty is a great place to work.
productive
Consultant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 12, 2018
It was a great experience working at Daugherty Business Solution. Nice place to work and learn current and new technologies in your line of services. ..
Great pace overall
Director - Delivery, Information Management (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 30, 2018
Like any where else stick longer one gets to see best outcomes form personal growth.
Great benefits package - medical the best I have seen
Very collaborative work culture
Pros
Good training incentives
Cons
Concerns from a weak Sales pipeline
The Worst Place in Town
Consultant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 21, 2018
This place is run by some of the most incompetent people I've ever had the misfortune to encounter. Communication is non-existent and every day is worst than the last. Totally unprofessional.

Working at a client site is far better than working in the dev center.
Some folks in the dev center should never interact with others. Verbal abuse, intimidation, disrespect, and sick games. Don't bother to complain, management will literally laugh it off.

Don't believe anything you hear during the interview. There is no consulting here. It's all staff aug. You'll work your 40 hours per week then be expected to teach classes in the evening or at lunch time.

Unemployment is down, so this place should be dead last on your list of places to consider. Salaries aren't great and raises are pathetic - unless you're a member of their little gang that's worked there for at least 20 years.
Pros
Medical insurance, covered parking
Cons
Terrible management, bad communication, disrespectful coworkers.
Great Company - Incompetent Senior Management
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 30, 2018
Bench time is liberal provided you work to improve your marketable skills. Self study is not enough; you must participate in innocuous side programs even they are not stated to be mandatory.

There was no opportunity to defend bench time use. Once it is decided you are not making good use of your time, you are summarily tossed out with no chance to defend yourself.
Official response from Daugherty Business Solutions
June 27, 2018

I apologize if you felt we did not provide appropriate support for you in your position at Daugherty. We value all of our employees and we work hard to support their career growth goals, whether they are out at a client site or awaiting assignment.

Last year we offered over 200 training courses, including our ICAgile approved curriculum. In addition, we support the pursuit of many certifications and offer online training through providers such as Pluralsight. All employees have access to these training opportunities, but none are required.

Receiving this kind of feedback will help us to improve. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and wish you luck moving forward.

A consultancy where all are full-time employees with benefits
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNApril 22, 2018
The best thing about Daugherty is that it is not a body shop with a place and forget attitude. If you don't want to travel and want/need benefits, Daugherty is great. Daugherty will put together a team of consultants to solve strategic business issues. But this means that even in a high demand market, if the team deal doesn't get signed, there are a lot of you on the bench.
Pros
local work for consultants
Cons
can't always keep you busy
Good company, good leadership
Sr. Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNApril 5, 2018
First and foremost, I trust the current leadership of the Minneapolis office are going a good job of bringing in good talent and working diligently to find interesting projects to work on.

I have appreciated that as I have wanted to grow my career, I have been supported and assisted in doing so.

Learning new tools is a challenge while you are working on a project, making it difficult to add to your toolbox. But overall the company has a fun culture, one that promotes learning and is supportive.
Pros
Excellent benefits, good leadership, good pay
Cons
Nature of consulting has co-workers spread out over multiple clients
Great place to work.
Mobility Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 31, 2018
They allowed me to work out of my home instead of moving to St. Louis. I was also allowed to continue the same type of work that I had at Micro Vane Inc. so there was no need for additional training.
Pros
The owner and people were great.
Cons
My work area got slow so I was downsized out.
All eggs in one basket
Senior Consultant / Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJanuary 24, 2018
The company only had one anchor client in the east coast region. They put all their raith that that client would continue to utilize their services and did not pursue other clients. This resulted in 14 people being let go from the company on one day and the closure of the NYC office.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Crazy hours and short sighted management of a new fledgling office
Not the worst....
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNNovember 15, 2017
Excellent medical insurance.

downside not much support if things head south...

Like any other place very good people, some very bad people. Overall pretty good people.
Pros
Excellent medical insurance.
The brand is viewed differently than as a strategic consulting firm
SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 6, 2017
Daugherty is a staff augmentation firm trying to qualify itself as a management consultancy, but the market squarely sees the paradox. I'd routinely be asked by clients in a proposal setting "Has Daugherty done this before?".
Pros
Broad exposure to marketplace challenges
Cons
Lack of market acceptance of strategic consulting experience
It is more towards management roles
Solution Architect (Former Employee) –  Buckhead, GAAugust 1, 2017
This organization provides more management role opportunities rather than technically challenging opportunities. It has only set of local clients but good for local people who wants to avoid travel.
Pros
Training
Cons
So many training sessions.
Good Consultancy
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook, ILJuly 1, 2017
Treat people pretty good and offer support in getting the training you need to do the job your at and aspiring to. Opportunities are limited by the customer base, but within that domain you are still given choice. Some very good people to work with and for.
Pros
Good People, fair treatment
Cons
small customer base

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Daugherty Business Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight