Davaco Inc. Employee Reviews

work with several brands
Merchandise Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 5, 2018
Enjoyed working with multiple brands on a regular basis. I enjoyed traveling to different areas around the country. Did not enjoy the lack of direction, sharing room.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not full time
Productive Workplace
Merchandiser and Fixture Installer (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZJuly 9, 2018
Very productive workplace. Employees were great. Easygoing, hands-on, and fast paced. If you like to work and get the job done this is the place. Co-workers are very helpful and lead was great about showing you how to learn to use new equipment.
electrician
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 5, 2018
I need to work at this company, because i want to learn others experience. But i dont have a condution to come there, please help me to do it. I 'm an electrician and i like to work.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
health care
Nothing to rave about
Lead Installer (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 4, 2018
Poor training from management, they send you out expecting to know exactly what to do. Unlimited use of company credit card which gets you in trouble. Work is slow, you may go out one week and then home for a month with no income. There is really no direction, you have to stay on them constantly asking for work.
Pros
Travel
Cons
not enough work
Ok Company
Lead Foreman (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 11, 2018
Not enough steady employment. Work a week off for two. Not a bad company to work for if they can keep you in the field for longer periods of time. Too much time off
Decent job
Temp merchandise (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 31, 2018
Great place to work if you don’t have family pay is decent and get to travel a lot. The supervisor didn’t train well or seem to care unless you make a mistake then he would throw a tantrum
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor supervisor, away from home
Company sucks
Lead Carpenter (Former Employee) –  EverywhereMay 2, 2018
Do not apply for a lead position it will only be entry level
No health Insurance until you work for a year
Always have to room with a stranger
Pay is extra low
Stay clear of this company if you are a season veteran of this business
Lead does not mean nothing
Pros
Cons
Company sucks
Long Hours
VISUAL MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMay 2, 2018
Honestly, I didn't have a great experience working for Davaco. I didn't work for the company for very long and I'm glad for it. When I came on the team as a new hire, my coworkers were standoffish, rude and uncooperative. I often worked 10-14 hours with only a half hour lunch. We were on our feet the entire time and if I so much as kneeled down to work, I would get a lot of dirty looks. It was honestly awful. That being said, the work itself is very easy. Everything that came with it was not great.
Cons
Long Hours, Short Breaks, Rude Coworkers, Inconsistent Hours
Fun work atmosphere
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  All over US and Puerto RIcoApril 30, 2018
Lots of traveling, really fun

Fun people you meet all the time

Life / Work Balance

Good Benefits

Growth Opportunities

Great Salary

Good Training Program
Pros
Amount of Per DIem, advancement opportunities
Cons
having to share a room w other people when traveling, OVernights
Field Manager (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAApril 13, 2018
I started with Davaco as an Installer and have worked my way up. I have enjoyed seeing the united states and making money while doing it. Some good times some bad, but more good times than anything else. Be opened minded and and a good worker you'll enjoy working for this company.
Pros
Lots of Travel, meeting new people all the time
Cons
Hotel living and night work.
Lots of travel, lots of responsibility as a lead
Lead Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  NationwideApril 10, 2018
Many times your sent on projects virtually blind. Left to your own decides onsite to evaluate and execute plans with minimal support from the home office
Pros
Paid travel, hotels, cars, and, per diem
Cons
Work was never guaranteed and staffing was random
Long Hours and Lonely
Remodeler (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 4, 2018
If you like being on the road and living in and out of hotel rooms then you will like this company. If you don't mind not knowing what you or where you will be until the last minute, this is the perfect situation. You get paid well but only if they are willing to pay you for all the hours you have truly worked regardless what they have budgeted for the job.
Pros
Good Wgaes
Cons
Long Hours and Poor Management
Great Greatness
Manager Software Development (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 20, 2018
Great stuff at Davaco. The people are usually friendly, on a scale topping at really friendly and bottoming out at utterly cruel. The owner treats people well, and it can be a great place to work.
Pros
Good stuff
Cons
not great advancement for software types
Loved it.
LEAD MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 23, 2018
Traveled the country for almost six years. Would still be doing it if it hadn't taken such a toll on my home life. Being away from home for 40+ weeks a year is difficult.
Pros
Travel, pay, benefits
Cons
travel
currently still employed
Merchandiser (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 21, 2018
I am still employed by Davaco on a part time basis. They are a good company to work and I enjoy the work. I enjoy the travel, it gives me an opportunity to see other part of the country and work with different people.
Pros
daily Per Diem, interesting work
Cons
non really, would like higher pay
Best Merchandising job i ever had
Product Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 11, 2018
I've had cruddy merchandising jobs before, but this one took the cake. just ur normal merch job; stock shelves from pallets, organize stuff and get paid well. 15/hr at 6 days a week. no judgement, or superiors breathing down your neck. if you really arent trying (which happened to a friend) they fire you over the phone. just do your job and when you mess up show that you can improve! how all jobs should be.
Pros
Nice supervisors. everyone was a team player.
Cons
Bosses bosses were jerks. also, you work 6 days a week and CAN get fired for accidentally not filling out your time card.
Would not reccomend working here
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJanuary 25, 2018
If you've been thinkin about getting a job here... DO NOT!!! I highly recommend looking elsewhere as management is terrible and has no idea what they are doing and they pay TERRIBLY!!! There is no training, no "team" playing and it's passive-aggressive highschool drama 24/7. They do not appreciate nor pay their employees well AT ALL. They give empty promises and all the money stays at the top.
Good Company
Territory Lead (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 23, 2018
Overall working for Davaoco was good. I traveled with them for 4 years. I was able to see states that I probably would not have been able to see otherwise. If you like to travel and are open to travel anytime and anywhere with no restrictions you might be a great fit.
Pros
Travel
Cons
pay is not fair and equal to your counterparts
Exciting job opportunity
Remodel Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 17, 2018
The project managers are very professional.
Keep on task.
Good communication for the project.
Skills process was available for the project.
Nice location.
Management also very involved with the workers and the project managers of IKEA.
The company is out of Dallas, Texas and yet keeps a good employee status for update on projects.
IKEA was a project whereas we had to keep track of different styles of kitchen wear, rugs, furniture, plants and home decoration.
Pros
Late night work
Cons
Short projects
Lots to do...let ypour talent grow
Lead Product Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 7, 2018
Depends on the contract you are currently working... you may be merchandising for a retailer or grocer (days and night schedules). Always something new to learn. Never truly gets boring even if you are always on the same contract....cause the people and retailers are always...well, different :)
BEST: travel to lots of different places. I have been everywhere in the continental US, except N and S Dakota. been to Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico as well.
HARDEST: Always gone. if you are not on the job, or off long enough to collect unemployment, then you make no monies. No healthcare for 1 yr. No paid-vacations...ie see above statement on when not working.
Pros
travel
Cons
healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Davaco Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.