Davaco Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great team and great management
Construction Lead (Current Employee) –  Enterprise, ALOctober 10, 2018
We work as one and follow all safety rules, plus we get to travel. Work is great and you learn what you dont know and able to teach others who come in.
Terrible company
Corporate Human Resource Manager/Rrecruitin Managr (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 2, 2018
You avoid if you can. They treat you like, well you know. Old school management style, all about face time. If you like to suck up and play politics this is the place for you.
Horrible supervision...
Skilled Laborer (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 27, 2018
Money was good supervisor was horrible... You never know where your going an 8f your far from home they would not give u any weekend or any time back home with family...
Work as a team
Lead Foreman (Current Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 15, 2018
Go into it open-minded work as a team you are equal and not above nor below anyone. Mind your business do your work and don't complain and you will move up fast.
Pros
Pay travel
Cons
Away from family
Great Place to work
Field Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, TNSeptember 7, 2018
I’ve received 2 promotions in 14 months. High stress but couldn’t be happier. If you are easy to work with and show initiative you will be noticed. High paying from the start.
Pros
Travel, high pay
Cons
Told I could do my own thing - Then Let Go for doing my own thing.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, TXSeptember 7, 2018
I was brought into this company because I had skills on my resume that made me a great fit. I had previous experience with Excel / I had previous experience with Oracle.
I was only with this contract for 8 days.

The first day I was shown "How to do things" for approximately 2 to 3 hours. I then was set free to figure out things on my own.

The second day shown a few more things. I went to the highest level on my team and explained that I thought a certain process could be done better. This was my 3rd or 4th day. I was told sure if you can do it better by all means do so.

The 2nd or 3rd day sent email out to vendor requesting quote on product. I got a returned phone call from vendor who explained could not proceed had not been paid. The Credit Cards for all the project managers maxed out. Then learned many vendors had not been paid preventing the primary function of my job could not be done product could not be ordered.

This company is not cash poor. They just choose to go cheap. I got a computer that only had one monitor. I asked for a second never got a second. They don't provide stand up desk. They ask the employee to pay back the company for purchase.
Pros
Cons
Read my review
Great people to work with
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 7, 2018
Working with great people and learning new skills while setting up stores. The worst part of the job would be the night time work schedule and low pay for the job.
work with several brands
Merchandise Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 5, 2018
Enjoyed working with multiple brands on a regular basis. I enjoyed traveling to different areas around the country. Did not enjoy the lack of direction, sharing room.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not full time
Productive Workplace
Merchandiser and Fixture Installer (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZJuly 9, 2018
Very productive workplace. Employees were great. Easygoing, hands-on, and fast paced. If you like to work and get the job done this is the place. Co-workers are very helpful and lead was great about showing you how to learn to use new equipment.
electrician
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 5, 2018
I need to work at this company, because i want to learn others experience. But i dont have a condution to come there, please help me to do it. I 'm an electrician and i like to work.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
health care
Nothing to rave about
Lead Installer (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 4, 2018
Poor training from management, they send you out expecting to know exactly what to do. Unlimited use of company credit card which gets you in trouble. Work is slow, you may go out one week and then home for a month with no income. There is really no direction, you have to stay on them constantly asking for work.
Pros
Travel
Cons
not enough work
Ok Company
Lead Foreman (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 11, 2018
Not enough steady employment. Work a week off for two. Not a bad company to work for if they can keep you in the field for longer periods of time. Too much time off
Decent job
Temp merchandise (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 31, 2018
Great place to work if you don’t have family pay is decent and get to travel a lot. The supervisor didn’t train well or seem to care unless you make a mistake then he would throw a tantrum
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor supervisor, away from home
Company sucks
Lead Carpenter (Former Employee) –  EverywhereMay 2, 2018
Do not apply for a lead position it will only be entry level
No health Insurance until you work for a year
Always have to room with a stranger
Pay is extra low
Stay clear of this company if you are a season veteran of this business
Lead does not mean nothing
Pros
Cons
Company sucks
Long Hours
VISUAL MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMay 2, 2018
Honestly, I didn't have a great experience working for Davaco. I didn't work for the company for very long and I'm glad for it. When I came on the team as a new hire, my coworkers were standoffish, rude and uncooperative. I often worked 10-14 hours with only a half hour lunch. We were on our feet the entire time and if I so much as kneeled down to work, I would get a lot of dirty looks. It was honestly awful. That being said, the work itself is very easy. Everything that came with it was not great.
Cons
Long Hours, Short Breaks, Rude Coworkers, Inconsistent Hours
Fun work atmosphere
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  All over US and Puerto RIcoApril 30, 2018
Lots of traveling, really fun

Fun people you meet all the time

Life / Work Balance

Good Benefits

Growth Opportunities

Great Salary

Good Training Program
Pros
Amount of Per DIem, advancement opportunities
Cons
having to share a room w other people when traveling, OVernights
Field Manager (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAApril 13, 2018
I started with Davaco as an Installer and have worked my way up. I have enjoyed seeing the united states and making money while doing it. Some good times some bad, but more good times than anything else. Be opened minded and and a good worker you'll enjoy working for this company.
Pros
Lots of Travel, meeting new people all the time
Cons
Hotel living and night work.
Lots of travel, lots of responsibility as a lead
Lead Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  NationwideApril 10, 2018
Many times your sent on projects virtually blind. Left to your own decides onsite to evaluate and execute plans with minimal support from the home office
Pros
Paid travel, hotels, cars, and, per diem
Cons
Work was never guaranteed and staffing was random
Long Hours and Lonely
Remodeler (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 4, 2018
If you like being on the road and living in and out of hotel rooms then you will like this company. If you don't mind not knowing what you or where you will be until the last minute, this is the perfect situation. You get paid well but only if they are willing to pay you for all the hours you have truly worked regardless what they have budgeted for the job.
Pros
Good Wgaes
Cons
Long Hours and Poor Management
Great Greatness
Manager Software Development (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 20, 2018
Great stuff at Davaco. The people are usually friendly, on a scale topping at really friendly and bottoming out at utterly cruel. The owner treats people well, and it can be a great place to work.
Pros
Good stuff
Cons
not great advancement for software types