Dave's Supermarket Employee Reviews

No hours, no pay
Meat Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cleveland,OhioNovember 10, 2018
This company is completely against treating their employees welll. The in store staff is great but the higher up management don’t want us to be paid fairly.
Pros
Vacations
Cons
Low pay, bad hours
Enjoyable to an extent!
Stocker/Inventory (Current Employee) –  Garfield Heights, OHNovember 5, 2018
Working nite crew is enjoyable some what but you’re sleep schedule is everywhere and seems to me working nite crew for 4 years now, they like to scapegoat nite crew and place blame on us majority of the time but they get overzealous and let their ego get in the way of the real problems.
Pros
Paid Breaks and part-time vacation days
Very productive working evironment
Customer Service Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland Hts, OHNovember 3, 2018
Its actually an great company to work for i been there 11 years but im not getting paid enough to provide for my family as being a single mother. This company have really had my back and i have gained multiple skills and have endured great cutomer service.
It was a family owned business. They treated me like family.
Managet (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ORNovember 1, 2018
It was a nice place to work. Just a mom and pop neighborhood store. I actually grew up in that neighborhood and so it was a little weird to be workingbthere. It had different owners when I was a child and shopping there.
Pros
Small business
Cons
Some break ins..
Very boring, stressful
Counter Clerk/Cook (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 14, 2018
It was only a good job if you were still a child in high school. It had it's days where it would get busy, other than that it was quite boring. I would never want to ever work there again.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Not enough money to survive.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Merrill, WIOctober 14, 2018
Dave’s county market is a productive a busy place. A typical day includes its ups and downs of bosses and customers complaining. The management isn’t very good, anytime some need to scan alcohol is need it takes them a long period of time to walk over to scan. I learned a lot about custome service there, and the staff are always very polite. The hardest part of the job I’d say is when you have to run the computer system many things are very confusing. And I’d say the most enjoyable part of the job is when you do pickups and bagging your own groceries (for me, I had to bad a lot of my own groceries)
Pros
Free food sometimes I guess
Cons
Short breaks, minimum pay
a decent part time job with little upward mobility
Employee (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 8, 2018
Chances of getting 40 hours are zero, because that would mean the company having to pay out benefits. Employees that have full-time have been there at least a decade and were grandfathered in. They have a flexible schedule. A good place to come in, do your hours, and then call it a day. A relaxed work environment as long as you keep up with the pace. Not a company that seems interested in developing or promoting employees. Working in a department, you will work directly under a department head. They have standards of cleanliness and expect good work, but this should not be too much of a challenge for the average person. If you maintain a good attitude, you'll do well. Don't expect to become a manager any time soon, though.
Pros
simple work, work-life balance, access to union
Cons
low to average pay, no benefits, part-time only
Manager did not care for anyone but themselves.
Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 24, 2018
while working at Daves, I found that the location that they sent me to train was a better fit for me than the location I worked at. the manager at my store did not care about the workers and was always mean to everyone.
What it’s like there?
E 40th st - Cashier (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 18, 2018
It’s a smaller store than the others so it can be very peaceful, but at a certain time it can become chaotic and very face paced. The job is decent though.
Pros
Nothing I can think of
Cons
Some Customers are Disrespectful
great work enviorment
Bagger / Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 7, 2018
Dave's was fun to work I had many friends that were helpful when someone's work wouldn't finish friends would help each other we worked as a team at daves its was great work experience

Want to know more about Dave's Supermarket?

Ask a question
Quick Pace
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 26, 2018
Its Okay, You Have Some Nice Workers And Management. But For Myself I Learned A Lot Such As How To Stock,Rotate Products,Serve Costumers, And Learn New Task From My Deli Manager.
Dave's is a great place to work the hours are flexible
Pricing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 24, 2018
Great job for first starting out but I just wish there was more
Advancement in the company and better hours for long-term
Employees. I've been with this company for many years I love what I do, I just wish I had more help at times.
Pros
My hours are very flexible I can choose what day I can or can not work
Cons
Cutting back employee hours no advancement in the company
Great Job for High School Student
Deli Employee (Former Employee) –  Fairbury, ILAugust 21, 2018
Owners of store are GREAT! Long term employees are GREAT. Over all great staff. No benefits. Fun place to work with other class mates. Great learning experience for first job.
Pros
First job learning skills
Cons
Benefits and pay
Union company, most Dave's arent in great neighborhoods. Upper management is very nice.
Butcher (Current Employee) –  OhioAugust 21, 2018
Dave's is a union company run under union laws. It's a nice company with very good and caring owners. The biggest negative is it is VERY difficult to get full time ever. You will most likely need a second job to be able to afford to live. Part time union benefits are ok but you are unable to include any family members. I understand it's a way for Dave's to save money and I understand that, it just makes it difficult to stay at Dave's for a life time career. It's a good company but needing to work a second job really infringes on time spent with my family and keeps me constantly exhausted. Because of those facts I am always looking for a new job.
Pros
Most stores there is a good environment
Cons
Part time work unless you can become a manager
Very out of order
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 20, 2018
There is no room for growth at Dave's supermarket. The schedule is very flexible but if you don't have seniority, then it will be hard to get hours and days unless someone calls off.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Pay sucks
management
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Euclid, OHAugust 16, 2018
working in the bakery was cool at times but it did get stressful. They only give you a certain amount of help to do things especially on holidays. the bakery staff was great. I just think for this to be a popular store, there should be more done for the employees there. they over work us at times and they act like the don't ever need help, but they do. I didn't like the time clock. it gave me points when I know I was clocking in when I was suppose to. they also had really strict rules. rules that seem to be kind of crazy considering that Davis is a grocery store. I also didn't like the fact that they waste a lot of food there, and the employees have to use the same bathroom as the shoppers which I feel was very nasty.
Pros
loved my crew in the bakery
Cons
management was kind of harsh towards their employees
The harder you worked the more management shows appreciation
Produce Clerk/Liquor Stock (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 14, 2018
The employees who worked hard for their direct managers were shown the necessary appreciation and support. Lack of communication with upper management led to strained relationships between employees and stores managers.
Good job to work, especially when while in school
Assistant Dairy Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland Heights, OHAugust 11, 2018
Dave's is a good job which offers benefits due to being in a union, as well as a good job culture, employees, and flexible hours. Throughout the years I've worked here while being enrolled in school, they were always dedicated to making sure my work schedule fit my school schedule. It's great as a school and/or a second job.

Also while working there I've met great people to work with along with managers. As long as you are a decent worker with common sense and courtesy, you'll be treated fairly by others.
Pros
Flexible hours, job culture, coworkers
Cons
short breaks, hours can be on the lower side
Family owned company. Good place to work if you are looking for a part time job.
Bakery Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 26, 2018
I work at the Lee/Harvard store. Been there 5 years. I love my customers and they appreciate everything I do to put out a good quality product. Being in Local 19 you have great health benefits if you are full time. That's one of the problems here. Hard to get full time.
I didnt really like this job neither
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 17, 2018
It wasn't a good working environment for me and the staff thought working at Dave's Supermarket was just fun and games and also thought it was a socialising environment.
Pros
Break
Cons
Break