Dave & Buster's
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Dave & Buster's:

Dave & Buster's Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA50 reviews
Fun
Great staff and management. Long hours though. Great energy and awesome benefits! You have breaks if you work doubles. Opportunity for advancement is slim.
Front desk
The employees don’t get treated fairly at the front desk. Doesn’t let you get breaks like your supposed to. Also scheduling is always messed up Nd most the time don’t get all ur hours .
Good
Great place to work especially for your first restaurant experience an if you young to I just love the environment an the people there an we was always busy
productive and fun place to have a family gathering.
productive and It's clean, they have a good amount of fun games and a lot of cool prizes . The bathrooms are very clean. The food is good. Nothing special thoe.
Productive and fun workplace
Relatively simple job that involves making sure the games work properly and remain clean. Hours can be long, but the experience of encountering many diverse problems in a high-pace environment is very rewarding. Highly recommend to people who seek a career in maintenance and computer hardware.
Pros
Fun workplace.
Cons
Long shifts and late closing times.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Good job with great customer service preparation
The interview was smooth, didn't take long to get hired. Great introduction into guest services and also the work environment is entertaining. Could be a great entry level position.
Clock in slave
Hard work under paid and a lot of favoritism fast fast paced with zero breaks smoke brakes allowed and when available and it’s slow long hours and very management has favorites as well
Dave and buster's
Dave and busters was a very fun and exciting place to work.. I have meet some amazing people.. It was a great experience working there. They made me feel welcomed especially when it came to training it was a great experience and would recommend it to others.
I learned new skills in customer service.
I was a hostess at Dave and Busters, the training at this job helped me to advance my communication and customer service skills as well as my interviewing skills. The job itself helped to advance my time management skills and customer service in a pressured environment.
Good
Every one is a team player. Dave and busters is very diverse. Even if you’re in school you can still win. You move a lot also so good for your health. It’s a good job
Fun and interesting work environment
A normal day is great, sometimes the computer stops working but if you call IT it get fixed fast. Everyone is nice and willing to help out anywhere. They are great with explaining how to do you job and will help you when something goes wrong.
Fun but not something I'd recommend
I was a game tech. I fixed games while there and helped to assist customers. I cleaned the store. The hardest part of working there was rude management and low hours.
Toxic not well organized place to work
Toxic environment it wasn't well maintained or managed they over work you they dont give pay you pay raise they hire any body you don't get breaks there's know room to grow you don't get enough hours it's always managers quitting the mangers wouldn't help us on line the it's wasn't know communication between managers employees I learned how to run a kitchen
It was an ok job
When you work there it's a slow day and not a lot of people show up to play games and the location they have it as a high crime rate. The managers don't really care much about the employees. The environment is not that safe when drunk people go overboard.
Pros
discounts, employee game card, and free fountain drinks
Cons
long hours and you get no break if it's really busy on the weekends.
Unhappy
They underpaid me they hired people with less experience than me and pay them more money they had no type of teamwork and some of the managers didn't know what they were doing
It was great experince working there
It was nice working there the managers are very messy everybody dates everybody a lot of hooking up between the big people and servers and host and money people but for the most part it was very nice learned a lot
An Allright Place to Work
Dave and Busters is a decent place to work as a server. I'd say the hardest part of the job is the uncertainty; some days you could make $150 or more, others you could make $50 or less. Some days you could have a full house of coworkers competing for scarce guests, other days all of your coworkers are trying to get cut and leave early, and you are might be asked to serve more tables than you can manage. You have to be flexible and accepting to keep your sanity.

In my experience, management generally has reasonable expectations and communications, but they occasionally fail to communicate something or let you know what's going on. Sometimes it's about sidework, sometimes it's about changes to the menu, sometimes something's sold out and no one knows until our guests try to order it, etc. But in the time I've worked there, these failures of communication have become less common.

I do like the personality of the managers. I do like that they genuinely care about the guests and the employees. I do like that everyone, from bottom to top are pretty good at admitting when they make a mistake and fixing it if they can. Everyone, from servers, cooks, hosts, etc are generally good at their job, anyway. And the other servers (like ~85% of them) are generally helpful and cooperative with running each other's food, drinks, helping us all get tables, etc.

So as long as you hustle, as long as you keep an eye on your tables, and as long as you make sure your guests are taken care of, at least in my location, if you're like me, you can expect to make an average of ~$140 per
 - more...
Incosistent work hours with very little recognition from managers
Management is typically uninterested and only care about sales numbers instead of how employees actually treat the guests. Work hours are extremely inconsistent with the better employees getting less hours. Often times team members will not get breaks during long shifts.
Cons
Very short, if any, breaks
okay
Very hard since it is all dependent on the customer service you give...need to be hyper all the time for this job. If you like fast paced you will succeed. If you can get the on the good shifts.
It’s a load of cow dung.
Worked at the Dave and Busters location in Silver spring Md. Started off good but within less than a month it went down hill. Staff members were having relationships with people(s) on the job, causing fights in front of guests. Very toxic and the managers did nothing. They had several managers doing things on camera that should have gotten them fired but never did.

A lot of good servers and bartenders left because of the work environment.

Was constantly drama. Servers were dealing drugs there, and not the fun kind. Again the managers knew and did nothing about it. Lots of favoritism and just unorganized.
Pros
Food
Busy and stressful
Most weekends were typically busy and stressful. A lot of people would come in to watch any games/events that we would show. Like most restaurants, you would deal with the typical customers that would get angry and complain about things that you have no control over. Very rarely would the store be closed, even on bad snow days when there was no point of being opened.
Pros
50% food and free games
Cons
Little to no breaks
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dave & Buster's. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Dave & Buster's.