Dave & Buster's Employee Reviews

Fun working environment
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCFebruary 22, 2018
I enjoyed working at Dave and Busters. very busy and fast past. good food. good management.Lots of different things on the menu. Big size game room to play in
Great place
Server (Former Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLFebruary 21, 2018
Great place love the Atmosphere and the people you meet are amazing better be able to keep no lazy work around there can achieve if you do your job miss that place
decent place to work
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 19, 2018
A typical day at work?
-greet everyone who came in, assist in what guest needed, transactions
what you learn?
-customer care, taking food orders, hosting
management?
-could have been better
workplace culture?
-average workplace culture
the hardest part of the job?
-late hours during the weekdays
the most enjoyable part of the job?
-competitions and seeing everyone having so much fun
Pros
better pay then most and work around school schedules
Cons
close late, management
Fun place but out of order
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Capitol Heights, MDFebruary 18, 2018
The old gm was an okay guy he made slick comments here and there. It was fun until we had those who forgot that the place was an arcade and restaurant. Alot of staff were impatient and lazy
Very great place to work
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYFebruary 17, 2018
Dave and Busters was a very easy and fun place to work. It was fast paced with great excellent workers and managers. The food was great and I was able to interact with customers.
Pros
Learned alot
Cons
Nothing bad to say
Fun environment
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 16, 2018
Very fast paced environment and always keeping you busy. Long hours and can be stressful at times but a good support organization helps to make sure you never feel unsupported.
Quick paced
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 15, 2018
This job isn't for anyone with more responsibilities or for people who go to school. The hours are super late, and they don't really work with your availability. The general manager is amazing but the other managers don't really care about their employees.
dont do it
Server/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHFebruary 13, 2018
Save your self the hassle of racist coworkers and ignorant management and just go get a job somewhere else. I have never had to deal what's the level of ignorance that I've had to deal with since working at Dave & Busters
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
everything else
It's a fun place to work at.
Busser (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 13, 2018
The establishment where I work at is inside a mall, which sometimes it can get packed. The people I work with are amazing people and they're fun to talk to and get to know them. Some of the customers are good people but sometimes we get the bad Apple's. The management is a bit wacky on how they schedule people but they're good managers. Except that they seem to have their favorite employees over others.
Overall working at Dave and Buster's can be fun sometimes.
Pros
Discounts, free games, Good Benefits.
Cons
Favoritism, Long hours. Short On Staff
Its a good part time job.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 11, 2018
You have to answer to 8 different managers and of course all of their request were of the upmost importance. Very busy at times but also laid back depending on shift you got.
Pros
Free games
Cons
Management and low pay
life changing
group lead (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 9, 2018
this is an up beat job. you have to be on your toes and make sure you can keep whatever happen outside the doors. when you walk in, you put a smile on you face and keep your guest happy
Good place
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAFebruary 7, 2018
I was a server only making 2.14 an hour and barely any tips. The pay was bad and definitely nothing to raise a family on . I left because I ended up losing my apartment and I had to move so working for anything less that 10$ is unacceptable.
They were a lil racist
Food Runner (Current Employee) –  Westbury, NYFebruary 6, 2018
As a POC, I don't like racist managers, and my kitchen manager would make some questionable comments. Overall it was a fine job, clock in clock out, good tips for a runner.
Great Environment
BARTENDER / TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAFebruary 6, 2018
The atmosphere was incredible. They really love making sure their staff is well informed and well trained. Plus when you add the games, great food and drinks make for a great place to make money.
HIGH STRESS little reward
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 5, 2018
The company is great if you don't mind working around the neighborhood drug dealer and single moms with 8 kids. Many if not all the staff hate their guests and regularly create hazardous and inappropriate working envirnoments
Pros
free game play but you may get fired for playing ticketed games
Cons
rotating management and staff
Poor management and an unusual lack of customer care
Service staff (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 4, 2018
I take pride in my ability to provide great guest service and in most environments I believe that teamwork is essential in obtaining a smooth interaction with any type of guest/customer needs they except when entering or calling your place of business. Their phone number leads you along a loop of automated voice messages that tend to lead you right back to the beginning. One positive was learning the different ways companies control and manage their money at the end of each work day. A typical day of work at Dave and Busters usually started with cleaning up and restocking from the previous shift whether it was busy or not. The most difficult aspects of the job was coordinating with the management, whom seemed more interested in chatting with one another than helping employees with any guest needs. The hardest part of the job was the lack of care of respect for one's own job to be a part of a well oiled and smooth machine to keep efficiency high and bad experiences on the low end of the spectrum. It was unfortunate that this was not the case for this company after the first month of over. I personally enjoyed some aspects of the job like meeting new people to have as future contacts and the possibility to find any possible attributes to take along with me, but knowing that this was going to be a temporary position it was thanks to my ability to multitask that I was able to both learn from certain aspects as well as what to avoid in my future.
Pros
Learning different ways of handling money
Cons
Having to endure a poor management team
Good place to start dealing with customers
Technician (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 4, 2018
The culture of Dnb has changed over the years but overall it is a good company to start working an grow into management if interested. The coworkers help each other and you have a good time.
Fun work place
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 3, 2018
Great place clean kitchen and smiling faces and a great environment nice place to get food and a drink and see cool people I’d recommend anyone get a gig
Not for everyone...
Server (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCFebruary 2, 2018
Overall good place to work if you dont like being bored at work.
Just be a TEAM player and you will succeed! Very fast paced and the location does not bring in the classiest clientele therefore this is not the job for everyone but if you are quick and efficient you will be appreciated. As with any place there is always bad and/or irresponsible management and employees in which this DOES exist but the ones that do put in work make it worthwhile.
Fun Place To Be
Busser (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 2, 2018
If you like being in a fast pace environment the maybe this is the place for you. The management is okay, sometimes you get free meals, but the hours are horrible. I kept getting sent home to early and I like to work. My hours were getting cut so bad and I couldn't pay my bills. Good if you live at home with your parents or have roommates but not if you have a family.
Pros
Free food, fun enviroment
Cons
Low hours, bad pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dave & Buster's. Our community is ready to answer.