Dave & Buster's Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,421 reviews matching the search See all 1,454 reviews
Co workers were friendly
Expo (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAAugust 15, 2018
Dave and busters could be a fun working environment it definitely has some really good days. Most of the managers were super nice and understanding of everything.
Pros
Friendly co workers
Cons
Not enough hours, under staffed
Fun workplace
Server/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAAugust 14, 2018
Great company to work for lots of opportunity great management skills very understanding good pay and very to all people to work there treat employees very well
Very Busy
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 12, 2018
This place is very busy. it is a very high volume establishment to at. if you can work here then you can work anywhere. this is a place where you see and hear it all.
Not a Career, Just a job
Game Service Personnel (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYAugust 12, 2018
While D&B was a nice and friendly place to work. You do not have a chance to grow. In fact the company does not have a career path that makes any sense.

If you are looking for a second job and need somewhere to work that is low stress and very enjoyable D&B is for you.
fun place
Server (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 11, 2018
fun place to work at first, bust after the honeymoon wears off, it becomes a loud stressful place of employment. It is not a place for kids, however people still brought their kids there and made life working there chaotic.
Pros
great tips
Cons
loud, crowded, some people walk out on their bills, no breaks
Fun working enviorment
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 11, 2018
It was a fun working environment. The management were very respectful showed empathy for thier employees. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a place to work.
Pros
Relaxed enviormeny
Average place to work
Guest Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHAugust 10, 2018
If you are looking for a fast pace place to work then this is your ideal job. The overall level of team building and training is great. The clientele is very energetic and may or may not tip you for their overall great experience.
Good company
Front Desk Receptionist/ Host (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 5, 2018
Overall good company to work for. Plenty of chances for advancement within the company, as well as location options all around the nation if you wish to relaocate.
Dave & busters
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 3, 2018
Dave & busters is a easy work place, hours from 12 p.m to 2 a.m, depending on the time of day it could be slow or fast paced, safe and fun work space, the other employees are usually nice
Easy going workers with plenty of opportunities
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILAugust 2, 2018
If there was ever a question I had, it was answered. If I ever truly needed help, someone was there for me. There were plenty of opportunities to advance and make any position into a career.
worst job ive had
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAAugust 2, 2018
it can be a very fun job but the managers is what makes it bad. not only me but several coworkers have complained that the managers are rude and almost look down at us because they are hire than us.
also they get mad if you clock in even 2 minutes late ( my and other experiences)
also they are very bad at promoting people they take MONTHS. you have to beg and bug them to get promoted
i was uncomfortable when i came to work because of managers
Loved it
Winner's Circle (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 1, 2018
It was a good place to work at. For break I would eat lunch at the spot and enjoy playing games as well. It was nice meeting new people and getting along with the customers. Eventually I would have stayed but at the time I wasn't use to standing for long hours and the work was in the city so getting out at around 2 am was not the right path for me considering i was young at the time and school was something i was juggling at the time as well but I loved it.
Fun and busy
Cook (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 1, 2018
Dave and Buster's is fun and productive. Also you get to play all sorts of new games, meeting new people comes along with all the pros of Dave and Buster's.
Good work place, Managment could be better
Winner Circle/Host/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 1, 2018
Good work place, store management could be better, managers will say one thing and then forget and say something else, you get good hours but you don’t get any breaks.
Pros
Good Hours, flexable schedule
Cons
No breaks, poor management
it was alright
service support (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 1, 2018
as a part time job it was messy but do able. the kitchen was not equipped to handle the crowds the staff was not equipped to handle the crowds, the kitchen was in my opinion a health hazard.
Pros
decent pay, good people
Cons
needs serious research to handle large crowds better
Can be fun depends on the petson
Line Cook and Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 1, 2018
It's a good place to get your feet on the ground, but at the same time I depends on you and your goals. I'm happy that I got the job, but the turnover rate is little to high in my opinion.
Pros
Cool work staff, reasonable pay, and some perks.
Cons
Can be stress full, slow start, and depends on goals of the person.
Resturant and arcade
Winner Circle Lead (Current Employee) –  Addison, ILAugust 1, 2018
A typical day at work for me as the Winner Circle Lead is to make sure all the shelves in the store are clean, stocked and all items faced. We receive shipments and have to break them down. Which also comes in hand with keeping the warehouse clean and organized. We also handle guest questions/complaints and transactions.It is a very fast paced working environment and a lot of patience is needed because you do deal with children.
All the employees there are nice and very helpful.
A lot of times managers don't communicate with each other or they slack on there job and it affects the coworkers a lot. It is a good job over all though.
Great Work Place
Serives Surport (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 30, 2018
Great work of place , people are very friendly to one another. Never a dole moment there. Everyone is someone at Dave and busters. I would recommend someone to work there as well.
Immature management
Support (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARJuly 29, 2018
Management has no teeth, there are no repercussions for managements favorite employees who do minimally viable work. It became too frequent to get onto a shift to find nothing had been done in the previous shift, and the work fell on the next shift to pick up the slack during dinner rush.
Pros
Free games
Fun workplace
Banquet Chef (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 28, 2018
In my experience in working for such a dynamic company, it was challenging and a great life experience in my two years there. I would recommend anyone who wants to work in a fun fast paced full of life establishment.
Pros
discount food
Cons
on your feet for long periods of time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dave & Buster's. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight