Dave & Buster's Employee Reviews

Found 1,488 reviews matching the search See all 1,524 reviews
Ups and Downs at a Corporate Restaurant
Server (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIOctober 18, 2018
Clock-in 5 minutes before your start time, start as soon as you clock-in. Lots of boards and notices to check before you get to your tables, and depending on your start time, things might already be hectic. Between servers, there's not always a sense of community or helping each other out; they also don't have a sense of duty or doing things to the best/fullest extent. Managers are sometimes helpful, but terrible at properly cutting/scheduling servers. According to servers, working during the fall/winter ("busy season"), you make significantly more in tips than during the summer.
Bar Staff
Bartender (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 15, 2018
Work was always busy and fairly profitable. Gave me a chance as a felon and never held it against me. The culture was fun and I enjoyed working there while I did.
Bad management
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 15, 2018
Managers were not understanding about work load placed on individuals. I was constantly overwhelmed and often had to close the dish pit on my own even if I requested that another employee helped close at night. Whenever I asked about help, I was shrugged off because they were more worried about the labor budget even though they hired 6 dishwashers, but only kept one to close each night
Pros
free food, game card
Cons
heavy workload, poor management
cut-throat, and fast paced
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MAOctober 15, 2018
working at dave and busters was very stressful. as a single parent, my child is my priority. my managers would express there frustration if i couldn't stay late or always pick up extra shifts, due to having a child.
Pros
free gaming cards, free meal during your shift
Fun to work for.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bay Area, CAOctober 11, 2018
Very organized, Good food. Fast passed environment. must be able to to walk long distances and attend to customer needs. Work with others to accomplish a good family environment,
Poor management and no communication
Front Desk Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJOctober 11, 2018
Poor management and no communication at all .. the employees are fun to be around and talk to .. when it’s slow they start to cut hours .. sometimes good food .. no breaks if no one is there to cover
False averting fake pay amounts
Game Technician (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 10, 2018
They pick favorites over work you pay you little people always trying to take advantage of you dont do any work lie cheet steal management come strait for college no worker skeals what so ever blame everything on you the fun and have for problems leave you to dry start drama and lies
Workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXOctober 8, 2018
You need to make sure always on feet there are some days where it will be very slow. It's a fun environment to work on, you ned to have a experience to get the good sections.
Pros
breaks
Cons
healthcare
Garbage place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge njOctober 7, 2018
Save your time. Your skills and your life from working at an ungodly atmosphere dump of a place. The general manager is an unprofessional and anti social moody and distant boss. She has her little bar managers and small supervisors that aren’t even assistant to her level position do all her dirty work either because she has no heart and is scared to face people and be a role model or simply because she is lazy. I hate to leave such a negative review but trust me when I tell you that you must skip this place of employment and find better elsewhere which would basically be anywhere. God bless
Pros
Hot girls work there
Cons
quick paced with helping teams
Front Desk/Host (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CAOctober 4, 2018
Busy most days, everyone is very helpful with eachother. The day is usually smoothe. Huge arcade with top of the line games. Food is excellent and service is always quick and thoruogh.
Pros
discount lunch, employee game cards
Cons
lots of info to new guests sometimes leaves them confused
Fun work place
Busser (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 4, 2018
One of my favorite jobs i work . Managements and other employers was nice . We all work together as one team . Our goal was to make sure our guest having fun playing games and making sure their food was how they like it .
No Organization
FRONT DESK-HOST COORDINATOR SPECIAL EVENT (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 4, 2018
There is no company etiquette, professionalism or organization under the direction of the management. You will never be promoted unless you sleep with someone to get to the top. They will not provide reviews that lead to raises. Everyone is clearly for themselves at this company.They don't call it "Slave And Buster's" for nothing. You have to work extremely to hard or to long for a decent day of pay.
Its an easy job
Technician (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAOctober 2, 2018
Its a good part time job.
Real laid back.
Most mangers are cool.
Nothing complicated.
Half off on the lunch if you eat there.
There is drama with employees so stay to yourself.
Fun and fast paced
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSOctober 2, 2018
It’s always busy and there is always something to do while at work. You can play games during slow times. Management is awesome and is always there to listen.
Fun but fast
Captain (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 1, 2018
Overall looking back, I enjoyed my time there. I wasn't paid as much as I'd have liked to, but I was content with where I was and I liked my coworkers and the management team. I wish there was one near me to work at, but sadly there isn't.
Great coworkers
Front Desk. Host, Winners Circle (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 1, 2018
Regardless of where you are working in the store, Front desk, server, game room. The people you work with will both make and break your day. Usually in the same five minutes
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
low morrale
Fun place to work with a bunch of games if you could ever find time to play.
Host (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOOctober 1, 2018
Fast paced fun place to work. Very easy job to get if you are looking and think you may or may not qualify. Great interacting with all different type of ppl throughout the day!
very fun work place
Cashier/ Host/Server (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CASeptember 30, 2018
Dave and busters is a very good productive place , team players , very friendly , amazing tasting appetizers and food .Awesome games and prizes to win
Pros
food discounts
Cons
n/a
Fun workplace great for an entry level job to gain experience
Maintenance Worker/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 30, 2018
I worked as Early Morning Maintainence and Front Desk both were very rewarding but had seaprate pay rates. I would come in well before open on some days to clean and ensure the building was ready for daily operations. As front desk being the first experience besides the bright lights and loud sounds for guests was a great time.
Pros
Free games, discounted meals, managment is always willing to help staff in work and personal life, free soft drinks, staff parties, store events, Brag bucks, competative pay
Cons
Miscommunication, not everyone will pull their weight on maintainence, too many smoke breaks for some employees
Super fun
Server (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLSeptember 28, 2018
This company is great at keeping incentives up. Constantly updating and staying current with trends. Everyone is friendly and works well together. Lots of opportunities to go up the corporate ladder here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dave & Buster's. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight