Dave & Buster's Employee Reviews

Found 1,552 reviews matching the search See all 1,590 reviews
Always something new and fun to be at work. Hours are flexible to balance work and home life.
Senior Manger (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIDecember 13, 2018
Work day consisted of fun with both the staff and guests.
Skill set to manage multiple departments durning soft and peak business.
General Manager was always available for coaching as well as for personal advice.
Getting used to the hours of operations.
Fun and having more fun while I worked every shift.
Pros
Flexible management scheduling, ability to balance home and work life.
Games, food, good times.
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 13, 2018
Amazing fun for all types of occasions. Great place to work at with excellent healthcare benefits avaulable to all employees. Overly staffed and often hard to maintain steady schedule with the mass employment.
Pros
Discounts, fun enviroment, great product, amazing staff.
Cons
Overly staffed, not enough hours to go around.
Terrible Company
Winner Circle and Game Technician (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VADecember 12, 2018
They were constantly understaffed so they would overwork you and didn't care if you had a life outside of work or not. Management was terrible and completely unorganized.
Pros
Benefits were decent
Cons
No breaks, Shady Management, Will overwork you, Doesn't care about their employees unless you're a server
I really liked working at Dave and Buster's
Service Support (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 7, 2018
It was a very fast-paced, high stress environment, which I did enjoy at many times, but sometimes we were severely understaffed. Also I was by far the hardest working service support staff there. I was mainly a foodrunner but I also bussed tables many times as well as ran expo many times,
Pros
I liked the fast-paced atmosphere.
Cons
Sometimes our tip outs were really low.
Fun place to work
Server/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CADecember 5, 2018
Good place to work, but it is hard to advance to something better. Management is really understanding. They have too many people working at the same time that it makes it hard to make money.
typical day at work
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJDecember 4, 2018
It was a good place to work but the schedules were getting changed and the co worlers were very nice and some of the managers were very polite and others were
Pros
Free Pizza every Saturday
Cons
too many robberies and video cameras weren't working
Good for quick money
Server Trainer (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VADecember 3, 2018
Good for quick money, but definitely not reliable. Management is forever changing, and you can tell than many of them are truly unhappy at their jobs. Good enough for a college student just looking to make extra cash, but I would not make a career out of it.
First time worker
Deposits Clerk (Current Employee) –  Milford, CTDecember 2, 2018
This job is for people starting out in the work industry. Management puts on a face for the interviews but are down right rude usually. They sell you a dream. My advice is to use this as a second job and not a primary unless you’re in management
Pros
A lot of down time, free play on games
Cons
Management, limited hours, a lot of down time
Worst place to work at!!!
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 1, 2018
To start off management was horrible, especially the GM manager, always rude and always had something smart to say and make you feel belittled. I only felt comfortable to talk to one manager, because he would actually listen to me. The hours sucked, and the pay sucked, and nothing but gossip from the coworkers. I hated working here and I’m a very hard worker. And you only get 20 minute lunches!!!
Pros
Sort of flexible
fun place
Busser/Food Runner (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 29, 2018
not a lot of stress working here all around an nice place to work meet friends and grow out of your shell everyday had at least a few laughs and the managers are always easy to talk to
Pros
never go home hungry
Cons
sometimes no breaks if its busy
MIxed bag
Waitstaff / Server (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 29, 2018
Coming from a different store was harsh to say the least, the Dave and Buster's I worked at was terrible at managining and helping servers in any harship they may have faced that day. The amount of stress that comes from either coworkers messing with your tables, or the kitchen not preparing the food correctly, to even the managers disappearing the entire day, it's really bad. The hard part? There is none everything is simple its just that there is no one that provides the tools of success and so how can someone build a rocket ship with only sticks and rocks?
Pros
Cons
Clientele, kitchen, managment, coworkers
Fun place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CANovember 28, 2018
It was a good place to work for the time, people are very nice and management was decent enough to get things organized. It was a very nice place to start out and learn the ropes of serving.
Great money if you can handle the volume
restaurants sales (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WANovember 28, 2018
Great place to make money as a server as long as you can handle chaos. Management is very supportive but are usually stretched too thin to make the needed impact. If you are a hardworking server then it is great. If you are not willing to work hard then you will not enjoy it.
Best Job I had!
Corporate Sales Consultant/Special Events Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTNovember 28, 2018
I absolutely loved working for D&B. Not only did I work for the best management team, the work environment was always so much fun! It's a very high energy, fast paced, at times a bit overwhelming kind of job but very rewarding and compensation makes it worth. For the industry wages are very competitive and you have the option for benefits. D&B provides family entertainment for all ages and is always adjusting to accommodate the latest and greatest foods and games. I would 100% recommend D&B to anyone!!
no enjoyable
Electro Mechanical Technician (Current Employee) –  Billerica, MANovember 28, 2018
it a nice place but stressfull The most enjoyable part of the job is the when playing games. The hardest part of the job is being left out of decisions that directly involve the lab because the lab is off site and you are often forgotten about or my opinion is not wanted even though
Busser
Busser/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILNovember 27, 2018
It started out first as a excellent place to work. It was fun exciting the pay is pretty good excellent management team loved a few everyone else neutral. After a few months you get less hours lesser tips lesser days. Environment was pretty cool. They change your position. Advancement is hard to get too when you just be in one job position over 3 or 4 months hiring process it's just to many I think. You only work on the weekends. With the pay it's not enough to live off when you have responsibilities not part time My conclusion is on a scale 1 to 10 about a 6...management change your position without you knowing. Management team some very hard workers others neutral..CEO ok..I loved working there. IT wasnt just enough for me hours days. I needed a full time job at least 40 hours or more.
Pros
Discount meals playgames
Cons
No breaks after long hours worked
Fast paced enviornment
Waiter/Expediter/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 27, 2018
Dave & Busters sets you up to be the most efficient worker in the restaurant business. Due to the upselling, the huge variety of drinks plus the size of the establishment. The margin for error is slim.
Pros
Great on a resume
Cons
extremely overwhelming
My hard work
Dishwasher/Busser (Former Employee) –  1856 Veterans Memorial Hwy, Islandia, NY 11749November 27, 2018
I am really good wish dishwashing and taking out any garbage and i will do whatever it takes to help out dave and busters. i really hope i get the chance to work with them
Its a good job for a first job
Winner Circle leader (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 27, 2018
This was my first job, and I enjoy it, but if you wanted to move up, its really hard to do, and the pay is okay for someone who doesn't have a lot of bills, or anything to do.
very fast paced with great management
Busser and Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Massapequa, NYNovember 27, 2018
i had two great mangers at the time i worked their, they were both very helpful . was very fast paced always moving. you had to always keep on the ball.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dave & Buster's. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Dave & Buster's.

Powered by Comparably