Dave & Buster's Employee Reviews

Found 1,623 reviews matching the search See all 1,666 reviews
work environment
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLFebruary 17, 2019
Serve guest with care. Take food and drink orders. Bring food in a timely manner, advise guest of promotions. Do side work by keeping station clean. Get good feed back.
Pros
tips
Cons
hourly pay
Not a good place to work!
Server (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDFebruary 16, 2019
In the few short months I had worked there, I had witnessed a lot of hostility between management and employees. As well as employees refusing service to guests. Management tries to act like their your friend more than a manager. As well as not even taking care of management responsibility. I went through a lot of harassment and witnessed many of my other peers be harassed as well. I do not recommend working here unless you're really desperate.
Pros
Discounted shift meals
Cons
Management doesn't care about their employees.
Good
Server (Current Employee) –  Bayamón, PRFebruary 14, 2019
Dave & Busters is currently one of my employers, it is a corporate system which is very attentive and “pro-employee” as long as guidelines and standards are followed. I have aspirations within the company to grow into a management position for the benefits and for the opportunity to further develop my professional career and knowledge.
Easy but Stressful
Front Desk/Winner's Circle (Current Employee) –  Westbury, NYFebruary 13, 2019
This job isn't rocket science. Anyone can do this job, but guests and incompetent coworkers and managers can make working there miserable. It's easy money, but working in an arcade/sports bar is not as fun as people think.
great place to work
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCFebruary 13, 2019
I enjoyed everything about working here. I learned so much from working here. I learned all about the restaurant busy. The management was great for the must part.
The place is kinda fun
Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 13, 2019
It's fun, to an extent. The guests aren't all mean. You get regulars and they're a lot of fun to be around. Your team members are really fun to be around.

The issue is most of the management. They suck the fun out of you by giving you tasks you're not qualified to do. Yes, a policy in the company is to help others. But when you're not certified to cook, you shouldn't be asked to do so.

Not all managers are like that. There are a few who love to have fun too. So, overall, it's an okay place to work. More so if you're going into college.
Pros
Fun environment, always something to do
Cons
Management isn't 100%
Fun atmosphere
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 12, 2019
It is a run work atmosphere.i enjoy going to work on a daily basis.it is a great job for someone looking to get there feet in the door in the work force
I love working there
Trainer/Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAFebruary 12, 2019
Dave and Busters is a great place to work. It helps with advancement within the company. The workers work hard and always have a smile on their faces.
Fun and inviting! Lots of variety
Waiter/Host (Current Employee) –  Irmo, SCFebruary 11, 2019
Servers must work very, very hard to pick up tables and stay on them throughout the night. Upselling games into supercharges and recommending meals for all courses. The line is challenging yet rewarding. Every inch of the place is good spirits and a good time! Management could not be better, I consider them friend's before I consider them my "boss". I work my hardest and do what they say as they are worthy of respect. This job is best suited for go-getters that aren't bothered by working long days and staying past your scheduled time.
Pros
Fun time, varied dress code, employee discount
Cons
Little to no breaks, potentially rude guests, busy weekends
Demanding
Restaurant Manager/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COFebruary 11, 2019
There is no typical day at work. I learned more about the leadership that I best respond to. Management had accountability but can be borderline hostile. The hardest part of the job is time management and poor systems. The most enjoyable part is by far the people.
great place to work
Bartender and Server (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYFebruary 11, 2019
Fun and party like atmosphere. Co workers as well as management we all amazing people. we all worked so well as a team. Everybody felt so comfortable working there.
by far one of the WORST places i have worked!
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTFebruary 10, 2019
the management team tests you horribly. the pride themselves in being one team but deliver you the total opposite. They talk to you as if you are nothing and make you feel horrible as a person. the hours are terrible, i was promised 20-29 hours a week and received like many other less the 6 hours a week ( we get paid weekly)when asked for more hours they take hours away. i absolutely hated this company. and i wouldn’t recommend working here to my worst enemy.
Pros
Cons
everything
Personal Choice
Receptionist & Hostess (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 8, 2019
The location I worked at was pretty good for the most part. The servers were great and hard working. However, the worst was that this location was very popular among "working girls" and their "handlers". I was propositioned more than once and unfortunately the security team was not as on the ball as they could have been. I left for personal safety reasons.
It was a good job for the time I was there.
Food prep (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 7, 2019
It was a good job for me for the time I was there and I'm appreciative of the opportunity. I learned how to prepare food and wash dishes and occasionally worked and trained on the line.
Pros
Back of the hoise experience
Cons
Distance from my house
really rough job for anyone
Busser (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COFebruary 5, 2019
I worked 13 hour shifts as a busser, with no breaks. If you were seen in the break area for even 5 minutes just to get water they would yell at you to get back to work. The staff were all very mean and not pleasant to work with, half of which didnt speak any english. The managers only talked to you when they needed something and were often vile.
Cons
no breaks, long hours, horrible managers
Fun place to work
Rolling Silverware (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 5, 2019
I rolled silverware in the kitchen but I learned that I like working around people and rolling silverware I work alone. The managers were good they help me when I needed it.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
hours
Fun workplace
Front Desk Team Member (Current Employee) –  Milford, CTFebruary 5, 2019
FUN WORKPLACE, good management team, salary could be a little better. Sometimes there are not enough scheduled hours to make a decent paycheck . Most people that work here have to have a second job.
Cons
short or no breaks
Productive and fun workplace
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTFebruary 5, 2019
Always fast paced and your on your feet for the whole shift. Your always busy which makes the day go by faster. Middle and top managers are very professional and great with customer's and employee's.
Fun to work if you're a teen or you like arcades or your previous job was horrible.
Department Staff (Winner's Circle) (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 4, 2019
I worked in the retail department. Lights were waring, music was deafening. Drunk adults and rowdy children everywhere. You're expected to manage a store and cleanup after grown people. Walking back and forth to the warehouse with a ton of merchandise and being chased by bugs, having to maneuver through tight places with a huge cart was too much for as much as they were paying.
Fun but stressful
GA - Front Desk/Host (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAFebruary 3, 2019
the overall job is fun. management not so well. managers are always trying to get you to stay because they messed up something on the schedule. Personally I had an horrible experience with one manager for a span of months.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dave & Buster's. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Dave & Buster's.

Powered by Comparably