Davenport University Employee Reviews

Small Campus
Work Study (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIMay 29, 2018
Located at the Livonia campus, the days tended to be very slow due to a lack of students. Everyone was nice and the job was not stressful. A lot of collaboration and flexibility were beneficial.
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Minimum Wage
Relaxed workplace with great people to interact with
Event Operations (Former Employee) –  Caledonia, MIMay 13, 2018
It was a great job to get my foot in the door of sports management. I was able to get the feel of the job and also the setting of other jobs higher than mines. Managers, interns, workers, and etc. Everyone there was passionate about their jobs which made me become very fond of the work!
Nursing Student
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIMay 7, 2018
I enjoyed my time as a nursing student with Davenport university. They were very helpful in getting into the right classes and meeting with your counselor.
work study
Administrative Assistant (workstudy) (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIMay 4, 2018
I was a work study for Davenport University. I enjoyed my boss and well as most of my co-workers. I thought the workload was fair and the employees were treated fairly.
Flexible, collaborative workplace
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 2, 2018
Founded in 1866, Davenport is a private, non-profit university with campuses across Michigan and online serving nearly 7,500 students. Davenport provides high academic quality, small class sizes, conveniently located campuses, faculty with real-world experience and more than 80 dynamic undergraduate and graduate programs addressing in-demand careers.

Employee enjoy workplace flexibility and collaboration.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement
Cons
Not much room for advancement when in a more senior-level position
Great Place While in College
Building Manager - Events Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Caledonia, MIApril 17, 2018
This was a great job to have while in college. I got to build my resume while working on campus. A lot of the work was pretty fun and I got to attend sporting events while working.
Pros
Sports
Cons
Bad pay
great place
Help Desk Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIApril 12, 2018
Enjoyed working here. it was a nice place to work and the people were personable. The benefits were very nice and the atmosphere was friendly and relaxed.
Productive and helpful for future jobs
Campus Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 27, 2018
I enjoyed working one on one with management. The culture within the workplace was incredibly helpful to make it feel diverse. The hardest part was trying to keep others up to date.
Pros
Occasionally "free swag"
Cons
No breaks
Very collabrative and social work enviornment
Residence Hall Desk Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 5, 2018
A typical day at work would be very enjoyable.
I have learned how to collaborate with others and how to work with people that are different than I.
The management is very responsive and works well with the employees.
The workplace culture is very team work oriented.
Pros
Good social enviornment
Cons
odd hours
Adjunct Faculty
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIMarch 2, 2018
Adjunct faculty are very important in education. They are the employees who working in the "trenches" and share those experiences with the students. In this way, the student learns "some by experience". All full-time staff and other adjunct are extremely supportive of one another.
Work Study
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIFebruary 27, 2018
I had a great experience working with the staff of Davenport University Saginaw campus. Being a work study does not pay good, because it is a federal grant. Working with experienced higher education administrators was a great experience. I had plenty of time to do homework on the job, and ever study with tutors.
Pros
Study time
Cons
part time
Productive and great place to work at.
Campus Assistant/ Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIJanuary 17, 2018
All the administrators are awesome here! Get to be creative in helping administrators complete projects. Very friendly people, who respect you for who you are.
Pros
Family Nit Culture
Gret wworkplace
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJanuary 3, 2018
Typical day at work, includes helping students. The campus is beautiful and is LEED certified. Excellent Supervisor I missed it when I moved to Fl.
productive and fun work place with ping pong
Assistant Coach - Men's Soccer (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 22, 2017
One of the best real world experience i had while in college. time management, being people person, team work, making work fun, pleasant for others and most important following the rules and regulation of the company/job. this has help me become who i am today.
Pros
very understanding and straight forward
Cons
too much fun
I hated to leave
front desk receptionist (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 21, 2017
I was in the work study program while attending college. Everyone treated you so nice. They made sure you were included in every activity that they were part of.
Davenport has a great staff and is a great learning environment.
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 19, 2017
Teaching for Davenport University was something I didn't even know I wanted to do until after I had gone there and seen how great the university was.

The professor I had during my time as a student inspired me to want to do the same as them. Inspire the next generation of IT professionals and to guide them as they discovered their path into the working world.
Adjuncts not included in decision-making
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 15, 2017
Since adjunct faculty teach the majority of classes, it would make a LOT of sense that they be engaged when it comes to decisions around textbooks, core curriculum, and requirements.
Fun place to work
Student assistant (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MINovember 26, 2017
Sitting at a counter taking cash from students. I learn how to count cash very quickly. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping, talking to the students and giving my positive advice; There's nothing that makes me much happier.
Pros
Short lunch breaks
Cons
Low pay
Davenport University
Student Center Worker (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 16, 2017
there were minimal requirements besides the basic job requirements, there was not filler work to make the employee engaged and productive, and there was often not adult supervision, just students running the building functions. given that it was a job for mostly student athletes, they tried to accommodate everyone's schedules, but we were not paid for all of the hours we worked due to weekly work limitations, but we were still scheduled for more than the limits.
great place to work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Flint, MINovember 1, 2017
This was a great company to work for,
the Dean was the best boss that a person could ever ask for,
the company was laid back, willing to listen to the employees