David's Bridal Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,250 reviews matching the search See all 1,286 reviews
Somewhat stressful
Alteration's Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAJuly 16, 2018
I worked at David's Bridal during the summer. While I enjoyed the experience of assisting in the alteration's department, there was often no clear instruction for what needed to be done during the day. There was a huge lack of organization and productivity within the management.
hard working enviorment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PA 19064July 15, 2018
as an employee here you are expected to do a little bit of everything especially if you are a CSR sometimes it can become overwhelming. They will overbook the day and then you are expected to some how tend to everyone who walks in and the appointments.
Pros
pot lucks
Cons
heavy work load
Fun job filled with joy and room for advancement
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Bismarck, NDJuly 15, 2018
I love being a part of one if a womens best days of her life! Tears and laughter are shared with the brides and families to celebrate their big day. Focusing on customer service and growth of your employees is huge in the bridal industry!
Not Great
DRESS STYLIST (Former Employee) –  Fort Gratiot Township, MIJuly 14, 2018
It could just have been the store manager, but it kinda sucked working at David's Bridal. I wasn't allowed to help any customers except prom girls, and huge bridal parties. There was no in between. No matter how much I hated big parties, that's always what I was given. I wasn't allowed to even attempt to help brides.
Great place to work!
Bridal Consultant/Stylist (Former Employee) –  Allegheny County, PAJuly 13, 2018
If you're interested in competing mostly with yourself and reaping huge benefits from that then this is your place. My only wish was that the brackets for commission earning were a little better but that's only because I wanted to get more than 4% on my paycheck! (Getting to the 4% bracket you have to sell a lot so it's understandable) I loved my managers. However, I thought there was a CONSIDERABLE amount of micro-managing from the district manager. But that person very infrequently was directly involved with my position.
Fun Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, MAJuly 12, 2018
Always felt like a family member with all of the other girls that worked there. Always a fun, friendly atmosphere to work in. Everyone helps one another and supports each other.
Great if you like to work with commissioned sales associates
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILJuly 11, 2018
Had it's ups and downs. When things went great it was wonderful. When you had to deal with an emotional bride it could get trying on your nerves. Had times of great rewards.
Great People
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILJuly 11, 2018
Was a great place to work, people friendly and really learned a lot in this position. Management was really great and accommodating. I felt valued. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new brides and helping them find the perfect dress and if not they can try again another day.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Could be hard selling credit applications
Not concerned with properly serving customers
Call Center Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAJuly 8, 2018
As a Call Center Customer Service Agent it was my job to assist customers and stores with placing and fulfilling orders. David's Bridal has many policies and practices that are not very customer service friendly. Many of the customer service issues that arouse could have been avoided if David's Bridal sought to design policies and practices that were created with the concept of being more customer service centric. This is not the case and has unfortunately lead to David's Bridal as a company having a very poor word of mouth reputation.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Poor business practices
No Compassion
Bridal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 6, 2018
I had a tragic situation happen to my daughter. When I called in to tell them what happened and that I wouldn't make it to work, I was asked did I find someone to cover my shift. So i quit
David's Bridal Experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 4, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working at David's Bridal in Tuscaloosa. The general manager, Kaye Ivy, is one of the best managers I have ever had and one of my best retail experiences. The environment in the store was uplifting and supportive of all people who both worked and shopped there.
Fun job, not great hours/pay
Dress Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 1, 2018
The job is fun and you learn a lot. The sales goals are sometimes unfair and hard to meet. Some of the customers can be difficult, but the work culture is very friendly.
I enjoyed my short time working there.
Dress Specialist (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJune 29, 2018
Management was awesome, most girls were nice, it's definitely competitive but it was nice making ladies feel great about what they were gonna wear. I mostly sold bridesmaid, prom and special occasion dresses and only got brides once in a while since I was only a seasonal worker. Meeting the sales goal of $170+ an hour was hard at first but towards the end of the bridal Christmas season it really picked up in the store. Not all David's Bridal locations are the same. I've heard stories of really bad ones where the dress stylists are super catty and if they happen to zip up another associates customer they will steal the sale. Luckily the location in Athens is amazing and you don't have to worry about that. If I could've stayed working there I would have but I was hired for seasonal only.
Pros
Nice managers, fun, good location
Cons
not enough hours scheduled
Never work here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILJune 29, 2018
During bridal Christmas which is from January to mid April, you have to work on Saturdays which wasn't working out for me. They kept hiring people for the increased business but didn't give enough hours for the actual part time employees unless they were there for more than a few years.
Cons
Short breaks, long hours and no Saturdays
This is a fast paced and some times stressful place to work
Alternations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 28, 2018
The Alteration Specialists are required to have skills and previous training which are not appreciated at the cooperate level. Only the managers in the alterations department are allowed to be given full time hours. After being promised full time work I was then informed that this policy had been instituted. The fluctuation in my weekly hours, so that my manager could meet company goals, often ignored my seniority in the department. This was the major reason for leaving.
Pros
good store management
Cons
hour flucation with no full time possibility
Amazing place to work with a great team
Dress Specialist (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJune 28, 2018
This company was by far the most amazing place to work, they have the best group of coworkers and the biggest reward of selling wedding dresses for "her" big day. That also includes completing the brides vision for what she wants her bridesmaids to look and feel great in.
Productively growing, fast paced retail.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 26, 2018
David's bridal is becoming a wonderful place to not only work but also shop. Maintaining a presentable store & pleasing our customers is a number one priority.
Pros
25% off store products & discounts for mens warehouse or other companies.
Cons
Lack of benefits due to everyone being part time only.
Fun to be part of so many important occasions in people's lives, but too much of a low pay rate
Welcome Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lake Grove, NYJune 25, 2018
When wedding season is at its peak, work is hectic. Very busy and could be a little overwhelming; which is disappointing because you get paid $11 for you to run around carrying multiple (heavy) dresses at once, run to get the phone, run to take care of customers, overall, a very up-paced job with a very low pay rate for the goals you had to achieve. However, the staff tried to be as helpful as possible while still taking care of customers and getting their jobs done; everyone was positive, and management did their best to keep a good environment in the store.
Pros
30 min lunch break
Cons
you only got a break if you were scheduled to work more than 6 hours on that shift.
Steady paced job, very nice personnel
Stylist and Alterations Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 24, 2018
Loved my job as an alterations specialist. Job had its slow seasons which for me was the down side of it, but other than that my job was amazing, very fast paced and I loved interacting with customers making their experience a memorable one!
Magical & Not So Magical Moments
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJune 22, 2018
The overall atmosphere at David's Bridal is wonderful! I got to be part of someone's happily ever after every single day. I was able to witness their magical moments. I started as a Stylist and was moved to Customer Service Rep where I maintained the welcome desk, greeted the customers, and answered the phones. As a stylist, whenever it was a slow day, the hours went by really slow. As a CSR there was always something to be done which made the work day go by fast! As a CSR, I had the opportunity to greet every single person who walked through the doors. Sometimes the customers were not in the best of moods... meaning the moms and the stressed brides. But I guess you just have to mentally prepare for that before each shift, take a breath, and handle one moment at a time. My Store Manager and coworkers were the best! You definitely don't work at David's Bridal for the pay... but for the magical moments you get to experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at David's Bridal. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

64out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at David's Bridal.

Powered by Comparably