David's Bridal Employee Reviews

Found 1,384 reviews matching the search See all 1,426 reviews
Workplace isn't bad overall with some issues to work out.
Seamstress (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COJanuary 5, 2019
A typical day at work was usually productive, with customer service being an all time factor. Work is in a fast-paced environment with deadlines and completed in between scheduled appointments. I learned how to adapt to a variety of complex situations with person to person interactions. The management is usually good for the most part, with occasional discrepancies. The culture around the store is pretty good as everyone tends to get along and develop relationships. The hardest part of the job was accommodating to communication issues among the departments of the store. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the finished product work out perfectly on the bride to make them beautiful for their event.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Lack of benefits and career advancement
Great place to work but little advancement and no benefits
Alterations CSR (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIOctober 15, 2018
You'll be hired as part time in January for Bridal Christmas but work long hours. It's all on your feet as well. I worked mainly in the alterations section and their bridal Christmas was from February/March-September/October. Very friendly people. The bosses are super nice and amazing. You get real feedback about how you're doing and it's a nice place to work. In the front you have commission pay at times which leads to competition, but it's always friendly. Downsides are part-times have no benefits and no vacation time.
Pros
Great management, nice people, and sometimes they do Starbucks runs for the employee's.
Cons
Part time no benefits, no good room for advancement, when busy VERY busy, and no vacation time until off season.
fast paced, multy tasking experience
Novi - Dress Specialist (Current Employee) –  Novi MichiganDecember 16, 2018
A typical day started with a short meeting of latest promotions., followed by how many appointments where scheduled. A day involved straightening the floor, organizing, and merchandising. Selling was a soft sale, with leading questions. Work culture was enforced by example by Selling Managers. To learn the merchandise and core products was the hardest part because of large product volume. To help find the right dress was the most enjoyable part of the process. I learned to pace myself because it was a hectic paced job. For a fun side job its perfect, to support a family is not.
Pros
co workers and managers were fine people
Cons
Commision is very low.
David Bridal Review
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJanuary 15, 2019
The training sucks and its long and boring and unorganized. The management sucks fighting over who get the sale commission when you are in training. Basically use the new employee. Very unsafe got suck in the foot twice by dress pins. Management do not even do an incident report.They want you work long hours on the weekends and barley give you an lunch break.Had co-workers training us who started a day before us..
Pros
discounts
Cons
health benfits
Great place to work for a limited time.
Wedding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 5, 2018
I would like more career advancement within the company and a more structured schedule that allows work and personal life to both have priority. About six months out of the year as a stylist you are unable to request days off on the weekends due to Bridal Christmas. However, after those six months have passed I’ve noticed that even in the slower seasons of business management is still reluctant to honor requests for days off especially weekends. Since management lacked in hiring more staff the current stylist cannot take days off because there isn’t enough coverage in the store. It then becomes tiring and an unfortunate work environment.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Constant schedule change and difficult to get days off.
Very slow paced/ stressful job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 25, 2018
On a typical day Davids bridal is very slow. I learned that juggling customers emotions and attitudes play a big role in the job. Management is very poor. The workplace culture is very collaborative but competitive at the same time.
benefits
Cons
Slow paced/ low wage
Work with what you've got, and make it great.
Alterations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CA 93454September 30, 2018
Work was organized for the most part, depending on your manager. Training, like most places with tight budgets, was not thorough or properly performed. I learned about a few new tips and methods related to the industry from the other seasoned Seamstress'. Management was relaxed and focused on customer satisfaction, almost to a fault. Work culture was more competitive than that of a team because of commission on products. The most stressful portion of the job was dealing with customers who's intent was to complain their way out of paying for services or to get something for free. I enjoyed producing satisfied customers through my customer service and alteration abilities; to put the customer at ease by achieving their goals about their big day, leaving them feeling confident. If you do not have a knack for, or do not pride yourself in, your customer service to others, then don't work here. It is an absolute requirement to be welcoming and unbiased in your service. You need to be able to listen to customer needs, with care, even as they (may possibly) scream in your face. Some folks get out of hand.
Difficult time because changes were being made by executives, ignoring local styles or prefernces in products
Bridal Stylist (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CASeptember 7, 2018
The best part of the job was working with brides and bridal parties. You get to be part of a very important lifetime event, and the election of a dress is so much more than a mere purchase. During peak season times, the staff is busy with the incredible volume of prom and bridesmaids coming into the store. Often I was given more customers than anyone could reasonably handle. This sometimes led to some customers commenting on the heavy load we were carrying.

Management tried to be flexible about work hours but when the store cut its hours, there was very little opportunity to make any commissions or sales. There were clearly "preferred" stylists who always got the brides with the big budgets. There is a clear disparity in the assignment of customers. This needs to be addressed by management. Many of the other stylists were also leaving to find a job where salary and or commissions were more achievable

I would go back to work ad DB for the peak season if I received a salary above minimum wage. .
It was good at the beginning
Bridal Stylist (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 25, 2018
I worked at DB from 2011-2015 and loved the first 3 years. I often tell people that selling wedding gowns was probably my favorite job. I left because there was an awful change in management and overall work environment. There was a lot of "politics" played and certain employees would end up with positions they were not qualified for simply because they were "besties" with the new management. The district manager (no longer working for db) was a complete, and total nightmare. She routinely threatened employees with their jobs when certain sales quotas were not met. This despite the fact that DB isn't the only bridal boutique and it is unrealistic to expect that every bride will buy from DB.
Pros
fun environment
Cons
low wages, crazy schedules
Wonderful job with horrible company values
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cool Springs, KYAugust 7, 2018
I genuinely enjoyed working at David's. I loved working with most customers and got along well with coworkers. However, this is a sales job with essentially no commission. The only incentive is that you get to keep your job. I was praised by customers often and sold to most of the customers I took. The quota is based off of how much you sell in an hour not a customer to sale ratio. On weekdays, hardly anyone ever came in and I often had to compete with other associates to take customers. Everyone gets stressed out on days you are over staffed. I ended up falling below the line for too long and was fired. They are changing their sales policy this month, which will make it easier for dress specialists to hit their quota. Most of the people that work their aren't in it for the money, because this job will not pay the bills. They emphasize commission to hire people but you'll probably make an extra $20 in 6 months. In the end, it doesn't matter how hard you work or even how you get along with customers. If you're not making the company enough money, you're out.
I enjoyed my short time working there.
Dress Specialist (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJune 29, 2018
Management was awesome, most girls were nice, it's definitely competitive but it was nice making ladies feel great about what they were gonna wear. I mostly sold bridesmaid, prom and special occasion dresses and only got brides once in a while since I was only a seasonal worker. Meeting the sales goal of $170+ an hour was hard at first but towards the end of the bridal Christmas season it really picked up in the store. Not all David's Bridal locations are the same. I've heard stories of really bad ones where the dress stylists are super catty and if they happen to zip up another associates customer they will steal the sale. Luckily the location in Athens is amazing and you don't have to worry about that. If I could've stayed working there I would have but I was hired for seasonal only.
Pros
Nice managers, fun, good location
Cons
not enough hours scheduled
Love working for this company!
Bridal Stylist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 14, 2018
I’ve worked for two of David’s Bridal locations and they were both amazing! The management is always up to par, and they really strive to help employees achieve success. I believe in David’s Bridal mission to help each bride find their dream gown no matter what their budget is. It’s helped me transform as a person who takes customer service very seriously.
Pros
Fun, exciting work environment
Cons
Not much opportunity for advancement or benefits
Competitive and Exciting
Stylist / Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CASeptember 9, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of hosting appointments for bride, mothers and friends. I learned how to style wedding gowns and accessories. Management was great and thorough with training and support. It was a fun, exciting and competitive work place. The hardest part of the job was closing sales during first appointment. The most enjoyable part of the job was finding the perfect dress and giving the brides a great experience.
Sales Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  MaineNovember 23, 2018
typically sales job, nothing more nothing less. The only downside is not having any great benefits. And there's really not many chances for career advancement. Although as a first job it's very good and I'd gladly recommend it to a friend.
Ok place to work
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAJuly 23, 2018
Upper management does not take the time to lead or encourage growth opportunities. They just demand and expect more of your time each day. There is no work/life balance. There are an unusually high number of meetings each day, to the point where you can go an entire day and not have contact with your manager. I learned that getting to the top at this company is more about who you know than how experienced you are.
The best part of this job is the people you work with, your peers. I have also been told that they pay well.
Loved the job, not the company
Dress Stylist (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSSeptember 16, 2018
I liked the on the job coaching but at times it felt a bit overwhelming. There was little communication between the managers and it felt like all three of them were never on the same page.
Pros
Very nice people. get to meet people from all different walks of life.
Cons
not a very competitive salary
Alright as a temporary job
Lead Stylist (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MINovember 17, 2018
I worked at David's Bridal for about 2 years. In this time i loved and hated the place. The management did not get along with each other and they really did not try to resolve their issue. The stylist would have to play manager, CSR and stylist to everyone. CSR's faced too much pressure. The company says to have an appointment but then make you take walk-ins and you need up having 15 people expecting one on one service from you. In the end it felt like David's Bridal as a company did not care about its employees. I would not go back to David's Bridal.
Pros
Lots of movement, ability to make good commission
Cons
Toxic work environment, bad management, Not caring
Job for high schoolers
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLNovember 7, 2018
I absolutely love the bridal world. My first "bridal" job was with David's Bridal and I am thankful for the opportunity that was given to me. Unfortunately, the management was awful. There were issues with laziness, bullying from management, and immature behavior. They took advantage of my hard work and dedication to my job and I ended up leaving for other opportunities. Even after I left, I still worked with them and there was very little communication. They made my job very difficult when I tried working with them and it just showed that they are unprofessional. It is unfortunate because you do make such a difference in someone's life when working there.
Fun and enjoyable work environment
Bridal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYDecember 4, 2018
This job was super fun. You got to be surrounded by beautiful gowns, shoes and accessories. Management would allow us to try items on if it was very slow or have us post photos to promote sales or events on our personal social media. Commission was great and could add up a lot on a paycheck, sometimes upwards of $300 per week! During busy seasons it could be very stressful and management had a tendency to overbook appointments but also expect us to be present at up to four or more appointments in one time slot. Other than that working there was an awesome experience.
Just OK
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 6, 2018
Typical day depends on the season, "Bridal Christmas" is from December till March; you show up, clock in ASAP, people are already at the door before opening; off season it's slow, you organize a lot & work on training (iPad). I learned to deal with several individuals all at once, handling problems (with real solutions) and acting quickly. Management was was pretty much the same across the board : customer focus. The culture was not cut-throat competitive, but we all had goals & it was good on your record to make them, if you were a stylist, it was definitely cut throat. The hardest part of the job is dealing with constant beratement from customers. They usually expect Kleinfeld experience (champagne, your entire attention at all times, finding "the dress" asap). The most enjoyable was the companionship of the coworkers.
Pros
Constant Training, Flexible home/work life
Cons
Not much room for growth, pay was low

Ask a question about working or interviewing at David's Bridal. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight