David's Bridal Employee Reviews

Found 1,501 reviews matching the search See all 1,552 reviews
fast-paced and poor pay/hours
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 24, 2019
It is fun to help customers find their dream dress. The dress code is fine, but you are required to wear black stylish shoes which are often flat and uncomfortable. CSRs only get paid starting $9.50/hour. We are not getting raises because Corporate filed bankruptcy.
Team Oriented Job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYJune 22, 2019
David’s Bridal provides amazing customer service, but most importantly respects its employees above all else. They teach to be efficient, kind, self-aware, and work as a team to reach one common goal.
Horrible place to work
Bridal Stylist/ Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Natick, MAJune 21, 2019
There is such a lack of communication, a lot of inconsistencies. Everyday there is a new police you are suppose to just know. Training to horrible. Never felt like I ever got fully trained in the 6 months I was there. One manager abusing their power while the other just talks behind everyone back ,rude to people, and is very passive aggressive. Did about everything around the store and was still only paid minimum when people who did less then me were paid more. Worst place I have every worked for. I do not recommend
Loved working in alterations
Seamstress (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJune 19, 2019
I loved working in alterations until they hired a new store manager. She was horrible to work for. She made it very difficult to enjoy the job or to even want to go to work at all.
Excellent place to work at!
Bridal Stylist/dress specialist (Current Employee) –  Kenwood, OHJune 19, 2019
Great staff! excellent customer service. Always able to meet the needs of everyone's schedule, very understanding management. Is willing to give you corrective criticism to help better you!
Working at David’s is No TV show
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 19, 2019
A manager had to be in the store at all times and only managers could open/ close the store (we didn’t have part time managers or key holders!) Since we only had 3 full time managers in the store, it made for long stretch days when 1 manager was out sick, at a meeting, or on vacation. The shifts we worked left little time for an outside life. We always told potential new employees, David’s Bridal is NOT “Say Yes to the Dress”! It is hard work, the dresses are heavy, it’s an emotional purchase and customers can be difficult, you have to be able to sell and work in a chaotic environment (especially durning Bridal Christmas 12/26-June). It can be fun and rewarding but it is work after all! Hard work!
Productive and busy workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 18, 2019
Great work place. Get to meet many different types of people. Get first hand experience working with clients. Everyone is easy to get along with and employers are great!
Overall worst job ever
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Friendswood, TXJune 18, 2019
The hours sucked first of all, they’d schedule you, then remove you, then add you into the schedule last minute ?!? They wanted you to make them your #1 priority, when it was clear as day that they didn’t even prioritize you at all and you could just leave and they’d replace you instantly. The managers had their favorites and showed it. Everyone gossiped about each and stole each other’s sales. No one cleaned after each other and just let the few closers put everyone’s mess up at the end of the day. They had no sympathy for your unplanned emergencies and were not understanding at all. All in all, what a drag it was to even work here.
loved working their
Bridal Stylist (Current Employee) –  South Burlington, VTJune 14, 2019
davids bridal was a great place to work. it was definitely stressful given we had a lot of appointments during the busy season. But, the work was rewarding and enjoyable.
Great company to work for
Bridal Stylist (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJune 13, 2019
Great place to work! Good hours, great management. Truly enjoyed working one on one with customers. Compensation was fair, decent hourly wage plus commission on sales.
Up beat work place , fun and productive
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 13, 2019
enjoyed working at david’s ! learned a lot great customer service work and responsablety. i enjoyed working there and would recommend it to anyone searching for a job
Pros
good pay, nice employees
Cons
busy on saterdays
This job was not for me
DRESS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 12, 2019
This job is pretty fast paced. Customers can be extremely rude. Management didn't care about anything but money, but that's almost any company. I sucked at selling to people who really did not want to buy and my productivity showed that. Also, during the summer months, I was only working 4 hour shifts. Customers would only show up for maybe half of that time. So my productivity really went way way down. I was lucky to get lunch breaks. And I was never properly terminated. I just looked at the dayforce app one day and it said terminated. No phone call, no talk. Real professional.
the most enjoyable part of the job
DRESS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  4520 san felipeJune 12, 2019
impacting lives of customers who rely on us for assistance with putting their vision into a reality from color schemes, undergarments, material, and price points. Great place to work to gain sales experience.
Ever changing Retail
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJJune 12, 2019
David's concept overall was one that was never practiced in bridal retail, having something to fit everyone! However, traditional retail processes do not apply, and thus the company has had identity crisis for the past decade. Hiring from the outside is not always the answer, thus the problems today.
Fun place to work.
Seasonal Dress Specialist (Former Employee) –  Evergreen Park, ILJune 10, 2019
A typical day would include providing measurements for women and their bridal party. I learned how to become a dress stylist at this job which was very interesting. I met a lot of interesting people as well. The job was not difficult.
I actually liked this job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJune 10, 2019
I loved working here. Outside of the low pay and the little hours I’ve worked, I would recommend this to a friend but regrettably the company has filed bankruptcy.
Pros
Relaxing
Cons
Little pay and little hours
When you love your Job its no longer a Job
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 10, 2019
I truly had an amazing experiences working at Davids Bridal. It was one of those jobs i was sad to let go of. The people you meet the memories you make are amazing. Mind you its still hard work but if you love what you do its not work at all.
I'm really lucky
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Lake Grove, NYJune 8, 2019
I enjoy working here. The managers are, for the most part, fair and considerate. It became my second family here and I'm very happy. And again, for the most part, they take good care of their workers.
Pros
Flexible, works with your schedule
Cons
Needs better commission rates
Very fun and competitive place to work in.
Dress Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, IL 60504June 8, 2019
This job was a great opportunity. I was hired as a seasonal worker and thankfully I was able to finish my season and relocated from Aurora, IL. to San Juan, TX.
Fun work environment, great people. Okay pay.
Bridal Stylist (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJune 7, 2019
I love the environment and the people I work with at DB.
The pay is Okay. Even with commision potential, it's hard to reach goals due to the season and having less customers.

Once the slow season hits almost everyone's hours are cut and it's hard to pay the bills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at David's Bridal. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at David's Bridal.

Powered by Comparably