David Evans & Associates Employee Reviews

4.5
Ratings breakdown
Great people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMarch 16, 2018
The people at David Evans and Associates are really great to work with. Although my specific supervisor was hard to work for and unfair, it seemed that the rest of the supervisors were good. People work hard and try to do a good job for the company. They are a bit old-school, and have some old styles of managing.
Pros
Nice people, some perks like food on occasions and for meetings
Cons
Could update some of their practices. Unnecessary processes that waste time.
Surveying
Tutor for all levels of mathematics (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 19, 2018
Great environment to practice and learn the surveying trade. Lot's of different projects and unique surveys to tackle. This is a well established surveying firm.
Respected company
CAD Designer (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WADecember 18, 2017
This was a well respected company with many good qualities. There were other offices with which we worked and we had many interesting projects. The workplace was pleasant and clean and quiet. The staff was hard working and they all worked well together. I enjoyed doing AutoCAD and loved the projects on which we worked. Sometimes I felt a little over my head but there was always help. Management was very knowledgeable and fair. We were treated well by the company at Christmas and got bonuses if the company did especially well. We had ample opportunities for improving our knowledge in training sessions and equipment upgrades.
Pros
Well compensated for our work. We were treated well.
Cons
Company had to close the doors.
DEA Has a Strong Market Presence in the West
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAOctober 23, 2017
Good people make the company. DEA has great people who do not settle for "good enough". They take pride in their work and work well together. DEA is one of the most highly regarded A/E firms in the West having worked on billions of dollars worth of infrastructure and build projects.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Less flexible hours
Great folks to work with
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WA 98225October 6, 2017
A typical day was busy but not overwhelming. I learned how to make full scale copies of engineer drawings and how and where to submit to city and county offices. The culture is friendly and supportive and the most difficult part of the job was the manual labor of archiving files, drawings and documents in the basement. The best part of the job was working with a great team of creative minds who all have positive attitudes.
Pros
wonderful folks to work with
Cons
they closed the Bellingham office
Great company best job I ever had.
Land Surveyor / Party Chief (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAFebruary 1, 2017
DEA is firmly planted, they always hire good people who work hard and love coming to work. The treat there employees all the same and is family orientated. (Family 1st) work 2nd-
They have a great name meaning there work is known to be great.
Pros
Great company and employees
Cons
Dunno any
Good Company to work for
Administrative Services Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 2, 2016
Nice staff, great opportunities, and responsive to requests. Overall, I think they offer a great product and it's a positive experience to be part of their team.
Pros
Very good pay and staff is easy to work with
Cons
Benefits are very expensive
Good Contract Employer
Administrative Services Assistant (temporary) (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 12, 2015
I have nothing to say bad about David Evans but they contract to the Federal Government and we are discriminated against by the client.
It's bad. The Client, our Government, does not allow contractors any benefits that the employees have. It's really a case of discrimination but it's a job and I am lucky because I am in a great department. Heavy duty work, as you watch the feds put in for 8 hours of work when they worked 2. Whatever.

David Evans is very good for a contract employer
Pros
People are super nice and helpful. They go to bat for you
Cons
Contracting with our government is not good
Great company of team players.
Facilities Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 21, 2013
This is a great company to work for. Work is regular 40 hours a week, m-f. The management support team is on top of there game. They usually have things figured out before you have questions. Prompt to answer you email questions.
hard work doesn't always equate to advancement
PM (Former Employee) –  Salem/PortlandJanuary 31, 2013
If you look for a good place to work, around great people, with very little or no advancement opportunities. David Evans is the company for you.
Pros
work-life- balance philosophy
Cons
no advancement opportunities - mediocre benefits
Great place to work.
SENIOR ENGINEER - Temp (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 16, 2012
Co-workers were outgoing and friendly. Management had employee career in mind, but was short on training opportunities. There existed inter-office cooperation for the most part. Hardest part was leaving doe to no work. Most enjoyable part of the job was getting new challanges.
Pros
many free lunches, bagels every monday morning
Cons
limited job site visits, no consistent marketing.
Very productive and rewarding workplace
Salem, OR (Former Employee) –  Bridge Design TechnicianNovember 9, 2011
The personnel at DEA's Salem bridge design office know how to get the job done and still have a good time. Often, you get to see the results of your work spanning a river or a freeway overpass, which gives a great sense of accomplishment. The management expects that everyone will behave professionally and will do what needs to be done, and as a result, engineers and technicians get a lot of flexibility in determining their personal work schedule.
Pros
free catered lunches, friday breakfasts, unlimited soda and coffee, free professional development classes
Cons
you'll gain weight if you don't watch yourself

Ask a question about working or interviewing at David Evans & Associates. Our community is ready to answer.

David Evans & Associates Reviews by Location