David Lewis & Associates Employee Reviews

david lewis
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJuly 18, 2018
management at the david lewis was great but oblivious. they came off as nice but new little to nothing about their workers or their workers goals. the days were long days standing on your feet with little to no customers in the building. the most enjoyable part was creating custom jewelry for engaged couples or people looking for specialty art. having that jewelry designed by me but own by the company was not ok in my book.
Why you shouldn’t become an employee here this year!
Graphic Designer/Video Editor (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLFebruary 19, 2018
Upper Management doesn’t care about there hourly employees. The graphics department has become a revolving door of employees who get tired of being treated anything less than human beings. I wouldn’t recommend this job to anyone. There is no room or advancement or creativity. Don’t not get hired in this department on an hourly based pay because the work is not worth the pay.
Pros
One hour lunch
Cons
No advancement or benefits
Collaborative, supportive HQ, Equipped and Empowered
Sales & Management Trainer (Current Employee) –  Northeast, USAFebruary 18, 2018
Upon starting with the company I was provided a one month training program that included significant shadowing with a tenured trainer. As a Sales & Management Trainer in one of the Davis Lewis regional training centers, I receive timely and effective support services from the corporate office. I was present when David Lewis opened one of the training centers in the Northeast and was amazed at how quickly and efficiently the center was set up. The facility which includes multi-media training rooms, a cafe, client lounges and game rooms was operational in just two weeks from construction being complete. Most enjoyable part is working with various clients all over the country, it makes everyday new and challenging.
Pros
Work resources, flex time, positive culture, collaboration
Poorly managed. Outdated
Graphics/Video Editor (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLFebruary 16, 2018
Financially, it is a solid company. The work is dull, and the industry is sleazy. You may start off with a good feeling, but it could slowly erode due to the owner. Does have full time hours and a decent location. Atmosphere is tense. Ultimately, if you can find soneplace better, then do it.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Owner, management, marketing director
Dealership Sales and Management Training for Today’s Employees
unfortunate soul (Former Employee) –  Suntree Estates, FLJanuary 8, 2018
I would recommend this job if you are desperate and one eviction notice away from becoming homeless. A typical day at work starts with a "Are you being productive?" from the owner of the company. If you were hired to work in sales expect to use your personal phone to make company calls without compensation. Got hired to work in recruitment? Expect your target rate to rise without the commission rate. Working in Management and getting a salary? Expect to do work outside your career field, like getting dry cleaning or replacing light bulbs. But still the most enjoyable part of the job, no matter the field, is being told your an idiot and your ideas are useless. The slogan of the office is " Make some s*** up!"
Pros
one hour lunches and crying in the corner of your office
Cons
no benefits or raises
Not a great career opportunity
Sales (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLSeptember 18, 2017
No Management Support

Owner - Micromanager, Loud and "Me Mentality"

Supervisor - Does nothing but sit in her office, no support

No place for a long term opportunity

No job security

Low Pay and changes when the owner wants to change
Pros
Understanding of emergencies when needing to leave work.
Cons
No Benefits, Unorganized and no support from Management
Recruiting specialist
Recruiting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMay 30, 2017
David Lewis is a fair establishment. there is lots of room to make money if your willing to work. the management was not the best but they will help you make money.
Professional Office very clean and modern
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLApril 4, 2017
A typical work day starts at 8;30 am managers are eager to help you learn..Management coaches you, in return you learn how to sell which equates to commission.The commission is more than fair.The work culture is great very mature people that still know how to have fun.The company is secure they have been in business over 30 years. The owner has vision and the company is growing. The hardest part of the job is DLA is growing and change is inevitable.The most enjoyable part of the job is.they pay by the hour plus commission.The sky is the limit the harder you work the more you earn, Sales managers treat you with respect but they are firm on company standards.It;s nice leaving at 5:30 pm and leaving the job at work. Great place to work
Pros
No Nights No Weekends. Management .Great Sales Program
Cons
No 401K
Great Company!
Sales (Current Employee) –  FloridaMarch 29, 2016
I work 8:30-5:30, Monday through Friday and the day flies by because I am so busy, which I love. It is upbeat and fast paced here and always changing which is fun, keeps from being bored! Management has an open door policy and is always willing to listen and accommodate if possible.

My co-workers are diverse and a fun group, lots of laughter during the day.

The hardest part of the job is not having enough time to finish all the things I need to do!

The most enjoyable part of the job is doing lots of different things, its mixed up during the day so, it isn't tedious for me.
Educating others and Work/Life Balance
Training Liaison (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FloridaMarch 29, 2016
It is inspiring to work for a company that is passionate about educating others to improve their personal and business goals collectively. On a personal note, this company employs hard working individuals who know how to use their time efficiently by working smarter, not harder which also includes having fun when appropriate. We each have families and management understands the need to provide a balance in this area as we all have individual needs. DLA expects all employees to take two, 15 minute breaks daily and an hour for lunch. We all arrive at 8:30 and leave at 5:30 with NO WEEKENDS! Overall, a great place to spend 40 hours per week while providing a service to one of the most important industries in the U.S.
Pros
Mgmt. open to suggestions & Work-Life Balance
Cons
Nationwide Company so communication via "GoToMeeting" is necessary.
David Lewis & Associates
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMarch 29, 2016
I've been with David Lewis & Associates for 15+ years. "DLA" has given me the ability to learn and grow in a progressive environment. I started in an Entry Level Position and advanced into Management. The environment provided is very nice and conducive to productivity. I enjoy working for a talented leader in the Automotive industry who is an example to all who work under his Leadership.
Peaceful, productive, and comfortable work environment
Inside Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMarch 25, 2016
Working a typical 8:30-5:30 gives me the opportunity to maintain a healthy routine and balance between my work life and home life, having evenings and weekends to myself. Management is on top of everything and has never failed to make sure their employees are satisfied. I've never felt unfair, or judged. Coming from someone with a strong personality, I've always been able to voice my opinions and or concerns without being shut down, instead everyone here has been open minded completely. My co-workers are all respectful. There isn't a hard part of my job, I'm good at what I do and any troubles I have my boss is right there to assist me. The most enjoyable part of my job is the fact that everyone here understands that we all spend 40 hours a week together- so we all work to keep a positive environment and make each other laugh and feel happy to work for this company.
Great physical environment
National Trainer and Training Center Director (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PaDecember 10, 2014
Trained dealership staff in all facets of front end operations. The curriculum was up to date and fresh for todays sales environment and the training facility was state of the art and conducive to learning.
Pros
Facility
Cons
Great place to learn, great co-workers
Computer Programmer/Graphic Artist (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLOctober 6, 2013
Arrived at 8am, started coding or whatever technical issue that needed to be fixed first before coding could begin. Took lunch at noon, returned at 1pm, continued tasks until 5 - 5:30pm. I learned how to use several different programming languages and programs. I learned how to use many machines and how to do technical support and deal with customers. My co-workers were great people and we all got along well. The hardest part of the job was having to pick up the slack everytime someone was let go and no replacement was ever hired. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning how to use all the different programs.
Pros
Hour lunches, capability to go to doctor appointments when needed
Cons
Had to pick up slack for all the fired workers who weren't replaced
Auto Industry and it was just ok..
Workshop Sales Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMarch 30, 2012
The actual owner lost interest in his company leaving a man in charge that was only interested in his personal gains and money. The man in charge changed his mind way too often for stability.
Pros
convienet location
Cons
poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at David Lewis & Associates. Our community is ready to answer.

David Lewis & Associates Reviews by Location