Davis Development Employee Reviews

The best 2nd family i could ever ask for!
Assistant Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXJuly 25, 2019
I had been out of the industry for a bit and applied with Davis. What a way to get back in the game. This is in my top 3 PM companies that I have worked with. Everyone, from the lower level to the top floor, treats you with dignity and respect and they are 100% family oriented. The team that I was blessed to work with are my friends to this day even though we have gone in different directions. Keep in mind when working for a developer, the property will more than likely sell at some point. But ride the wave. Enjoy this fabulous culture. It is so worth it..
Very poor supervision
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 23, 2019
I'm sure it was only the job site I worked at, but while I was there the supervisors were only in favor of bringing their friends and family onto the job and if you weren't close with them they'd push you to do all the work while they sat around and chatted with their people.
Looks Can Be deceiving
Employee (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 16, 2019
Davis development is a company that presents well, but as the layers are peeled back, they are a development company with no intention to Develop people, but rather make a profit and dump their best on the side of the road. They have mastered the art of doing just enough not to break employment law. It's a good ole boys club and it's and catty girls sorority If you are hispanic or a person of color, make sure you do your research as it will be painfully obvious they will pay you substantially less than those under you (even if they have less experience) It's unfortunate but it's a few of our experiences and we've also come together to discuss it. One of us had an exceptional work history with them and they got rid of her prior to having to pay her a bonus. It's a racket and extremely unprofessional
July 19, 2019

We appreciate that you took the time to leave your opinion, and we are terribly sorry you have this impression. Davis is actually a very diverse company, and in this we take great pride. The many different backgrounds and unique perspectives make our company stronger. We always aim to treat our employees fairly and provide above average compensation, as well as competitive bonuses. We are sorry you did not feel at home with Davis, and we sincerely hope you find a better fit. Thank you.

Great place to work!
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 9, 2019
This company is literally the dream job! You will love the training you get and the opportunities to travel throughout the metropolis. You are given the power to make as much money and advance as much as you want!
July 19, 2019

Thank you so much for your kind feedback! We do our best to make Davis a wonderful place to work, and are thrilled to hear you were able to take advantage of all we have to offer!

AWESOME company
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 6, 2019
Would reccomend Davis to ANYONE looking. This company knows how to take care of its people and the pay and bonuses are very nice as well. Corporate support was also above average
July 19, 2019

We are so appreciative that you took the time to recognize how much we care for our employees. We believe that taking care of our teams is an essential part of running a successful company, and intend to continue doing so.

good
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAMay 28, 2019
great place to work recommend it to anybody who is looking for working in the construction field and wants a good beginning entry level job in this field
June 3, 2019

We appreciate this review! We do not currently do business in California, but perhaps you have relocated since working with us!

hostile
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 30, 2019
This was a very hostile work environment. The property manager would scream and yell and throw things at the employees. I would not recommend this company to my worst enemy.
April 1, 2019

We have not had any communities in the Houston area for almost two years. We pride ourselves on terrific leadership and fun and encouraging work locations. Please call us at our Houston office, 713.840.0910 and ask for the head of HR. We do not have employees that scream and throw things. I would like to speak with you personally as to whom you believe committed these behaviors?

Unprofessional Work Setting
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaAugust 17, 2018
My time working with Davis Development was very short lived. I worked with the company for about 4 months and during that time I was very unsatisfied with my experience. I was not provided with any training (with no experience in the leasing industry), my manager was extremely unprofessional and several "behind the scenes" things were happening behind closed doors that could have gotten the company and property in trouble with Fair Housing laws. There was no constructive criticism given, instead if a mistake was made the management was extremely passive and would use it as a strike against you. The communication was also off - at one point our commission was cut and the decrease was never communicated with any of the employees. We were not aware of the decrease until we received our paychecks. Best of luck to those who decide to pursue a career with Davis' properties. The only perk is paid meals and receiving small incentives from leases.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Poor Management
September 27, 2018

We are very sorry to hear that your brief time with us was not ideal. We do our best to provide a positive experience for each employee, and we pride ourselves on having the industry's top leadership. We make a point of offering multiple available resources for all employees, and try to foster a positive and educational work environment. Unfortunately, there will always be instances where an employment will not work out, but we truly believe these experiences are few and far between. We wish you the best moving forward, and hope you are able to find a better fit.

Very fun workplace
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJuly 22, 2018
If you like a quick paced construction job, this is the job for you. All the employers, and bosses are very friendly. It is a very stable and fun job to have
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Out in the heat all day
Competitive Sales Environment
Leasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAJuly 16, 2018
Working for Davis Development was wonderful. The salary was high for the Atlanta area, and there were always opportunities to double weekly salary with commission.
Wow... I finally found the one!
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 17, 2018
Awesome CO! I love the conperitve challenge,Work/ personal balance is very fair (I don't have to bring work home with me). The pay is very competitive and upper management is very hands on and it doesn't take a force to get an answer. I love it here and plan to stay as long as possible. This is my work family! I love the support we get. Get ready to rock and roll and achieve many goals and it's SO nice to be recognized for your hard work! If you like to work and have FUN this is the right fit for you!
Pros
Support, friendships, awesome products, challenges and SO many more.
April 12, 2018

Thank you, we sure try to have more of a family environment. If there is anything that we can do to make your job and goals easier, we are all ears! We want our compensation to be very competitive so we can attract the best, and it shows when we get creative and hardworking employees like yourself… We are very glad you are part of the Davis team!

Family work environment
Leasing Professional (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 7, 2018
I love my job with Davis! It is a productful work environment, competative pay, and the management team is always there to answer questions or just listen. I've worked for several big name companies but i feel at home with Davis Development. They are constantly growing. I am excited to see where we go next!
April 9, 2018

Thank you for the feedback. We try very hard to be good listeners and continually refine and improve...again, thank you and we appreciate you being a part of Davis!

Love my job
Assistant Community Manager (Former Employee) –  ColoradoFebruary 7, 2018
I was lucky to have started my property management career with Davis Development! They are such a classy, supportive and fun company to work for. I started as leasing and quickly worked my way to assistant and couldn’t be happier. The company focuses on quality when it comes to their luxury apartment homes and clubhouse. The designs are gorgoues and it’s an easy place to take tours, because the apartment homes sell themselves. I love so many aspects of the company, but what makes it stand out is it’s leadership in the corporate office. Lee and Michelle made themselves available for questions and support 24/7. Not only are they focused on residents, but every member of the team. They treat associates like family and inspire each to be the best.
Pros
Compensation, commissions, employee discount, flexibility, luxury homes, culture
Cons
Management turnover at the property level
April 12, 2018

We are glad you started with Davis as well, and we are happy to hear you enjoy the connection with our leadership. We try hard to stay in touch with all of you and learn from you! It’s always a blast to put together teams and watch the personality of a community develop. Promotions can come quickly when you put forth enthusiastic effort. We consider our teams to be the best and we are truly happy to hear you enjoy working with us as much as we enjoy you!

Great Atmosphere with Great People:
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXFebruary 7, 2018
I’ve with Davis for almost a year now! They aren’t your average management company! They care about their employee and the commissions are excellent! If you love Lease Ups and a great company then Davis is the place for you!
Pros
Commissions and Hours.
April 12, 2018

Thanks for reaching out… we certainly appreciate the feedback. At Davis we try to always create relationships with our employees and let them know that they have our full support.

Fast Paced but Cut Throat
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 24, 2017
I worked at Davis Development for about six months. It was a very fast paced job and always kept busy however the management team is very unprofessional.
Pros
Paid Lunch
Cons
Poor Management
April 12, 2018

Sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with our Management folks. I’d invite you to reach out at careers@davisdevga.com to discuss your situation and provide us with some feedback. We sure want to improve!

Great job
Forman/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 18, 2017
Never home long days hard work good.money great opportunity displine like military with rules no drugs no Alcohol work environment greatly appreciated CO workers and friendly CO workers
Pros
Money
Cons
Had to move back to Gerorgia
April 12, 2018

We really appreciate you taking the time to write a review… we expect all of what you described from each employee (not sure about that military part): to stay away from illicit substances while on the job and to work hard.

Great Company with Amazing Company Culture
Sorrel at MP, Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Mooresville, NCSeptember 10, 2017
I have nothing but positive things to say about Davis Development. Great pay, amazing benefits, work/life balance, amazing upper management with a full support system of on site teams.
April 12, 2018

We are happy to hear such great feedback. Compensation and benefits are always hot ticket items and hearing that ours are working out is great… the same thing holds true for work/life balance and support from management; so happy to hear about your experience!

Leasing Consultant
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaAugust 29, 2017
Davis was a great place to work for Leasing Consultants. As with any multi-family company, there tends to be high turn over and lack of job security as you never knew when a property would be sold. The good thing is these jobs are not hard to find. Davis tends to hire great managers and the culture is usually pretty relaxed and upbeat. Leasing numbers are not hard to attain and are reasonable. The apartments themselves are very nice. You will be proud of what you are showing to prospects!
Pros
Commissions, work/life balance, staff is great
Cons
Working weekends
April 12, 2018

I’m so glad you enjoyed your time with us, to hear positive feedback about our managers is always great! We think we have some pretty awesome people all around, and we also like to think that they have some of the nicest apartments available to work wit. Thanks for taking the time to write a review!

Job enjoyment
Project Administrator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 20, 2017
I have worked for Davis Development (TX Morrow Construction) for almost 4 years. I LOVE what I do and actually enjoy coming to work. The PM's that I work with have taught me a lot about the construction field, more importantly, the multi-family construction.

The office is a family away from our regular family. Some days may not be perfect but at the end of the day, we are all there for each other whether it's work or our personal life.
Pros
very flexible office
Cons
the travel from where i live, could use more holidays
August 3, 2017

From Development to Management, Davis tries to create a community-like atmosphere that fosters personal growth as well as team growth. Thank you so much for being a part of that process for the past four years.

Management was a joke
Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 16, 2017
The pay is pretty good..but it is not worth your "manager" treating you badly and pitting your co-workers against each other like some childish game.

Training was a joke. If You made mistakes you never really got told how to do something. Other employees had notes written but our "manager" took them.away.

Running around filing like its 1990 was a mess! With all of the paper wasted they did not recycle.

Working with some Project Managers was cool but some were horrible about their paperwork and made changes to already approved contracts I just wrote and shipped off to clients for approval...so I looked incompetent. Not professional AT all.

HR was a joke. Enough said!
Pros
Some nice coworkers, deli downstairs
Cons
"Management" filing, communication, office drama
April 24, 2017

It is always sad to see a review of someone who truly didn't enjoy our company, however, not everyone is a fit for every job. We truly wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Davis Development. Our community is ready to answer.